Altamont Manor Reviews

Altamont Manor 2
Altamont Manor 3
Altamont Manor 4

Anita · Married on 09/29/2018

My daughter and her fiancee only looked at a few places for their wedding. They wanted to get married and have the reception at the same venue. When we visited the Altamont Manor they both knew it was perfect for their wedding. A June wedding was scheduled and roses were in bloom, the lawns were beautiful and Harvey promised me it wouldn't rain. It was raining all morning, but as promised the rain cleared out, everything was dry and the sky was blue. Harvey had everything so organized there was nothing to worry about and the ceremony and reception were perfect. Harvey even assisted our photographer, who was a great friend and doing this as a favor, to help him set up pictures. Not one thing went wrong and the bride and groom were so happy, it was perfectly suited for them. Harvey treated us like family and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. We would recommend the Altamont Manor to anyone looking for a beautiful and peaceful place for a wedding. Harvey is a true gentlemen and wonderful planner.

Sent on 09/04/2012

Stephanie · Married on 08/10/2018

Harvey and Donna offer so much more than a nice venue when you book an event with them. My husband and I got married there 8/10/18 and everything was perfect!! Starting a year ago when I called to set up our first appointment and throughout the entire process it has been a joy to work with them. Harvey is quick to respond, helpful, incredibly knowledgeable and detail oriented, as well as friendly and fun to work with. He also went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. The Manor is STUNNING from all the beautiful gardens, to the romantic wrap around porch, and all of the beautiful details inside. It is truly the perfect spot for a wedding!! We also used Harvey and Donna for our photos and are so happy we did! We had so much fun taking them. They were professional and kind and the finished products are beautiful! Booking with them was the best decision we could have made!

Sent on 09/14/2018

Ryan · Married on 08/10/2018

Harvey and the crew at the Altamont Manor are just sensational! It is wonderful too see the perfect blend of glamor and professionalism work seamlessly. The gardens are stunning and the individual attention you get is a great stress relief knowing that you are in great hands that will provide the best skills and the most personalised service around.

Sent on 09/14/2018

Theresa · Married on 08/10/2018

I couldn’t imagine a more perfect way for my daughter to begin her marriage. Harvey and Donna made us all feel so special. They handled everything with great charm and professionalism. We had a beautiful, sentimental, and elegant celebration that was all about family and making memories. And the photos were absolutely gorgeous!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Leanne · Married on 08/10/2018

My son and daughter-in-law had their wedding reception at the Manor on 8/10/18. It was a wonderful experience from the prewedding photos right through till the end when it was all over. Harvey and Donna graciously open their home to give every couple a wonderful experience and treasured memories. The gardens and grounds are absolutely stunning and provide a beautiful backdrop for photos. The food was excellent, the wait staff very efficient. In addition Donna and Harvey did the photos and got the best shots, knowing every inch of the property with many options for beautiful shots. Overall it was a very positive experience and I would strongly recommend the Altamont Manor as a wedding and reception venue. It is an unforgettable experience.

Sent on 09/22/2018

Ashley · Married on 07/14/2018

My husband and I chose the Altamont Manor for our wedding on July 14th, 2018. From the beginning Harvey and his wife were so attentive and accommodating. Upon our first meeting with Harvey we knew that this was the place that we wanted to get married, but what sealed the deal was the beautiful photos that he showed us from previous weddings. The pictures were so extraordinary and full of emotion that some even made you want to cry. (happy tears of course) That day we booked the Altamont Manor, as well as Harvey as the photographer. Throughout the whole process Harvey was there whenever we had a question or concern. He was prompt to answer back and helped out anyway he could. He even came to the rescue when it came to setting up the night before the wedding when we ran into some trouble with our caterer. The day of the wedding came and it was beautiful. My husband and I had such an amazing time, and our guests couldn't stop raving about how beautiful the manor was. In regards to the pictures they turned out amazing! Harvey and his wife have such a creative eye. Every photo that was taken turned out incredible. We now have photos that capture every aspect of our special day, and its all thanks to Harvey and his crew at the Altamont Manor!

Sent on 08/16/2018
    Altamont Manor 5

Diana · Married on 07/14/2018

My daughter got married at the Altamont Manor this past month and it was absolutely beautiful! Harvey and his staff were so professional and accommodating. They helped with anything we asked and were a pleasure to work with. Upon our first meeting we were blown away by their photography. We hired Harvey and his wife as the photographer and were thrilled by the results. All of the photos of my daughters special day came out gorgeous, and we couldn't have been happier with them. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a beautiful, reasonably priced venue that has an amazing staff!
    -Diana

Sent on 08/16/2018

Jim Doroski · Married on 07/14/2018

Excellent Venue

Harvey was extremely helpful in all aspects of the logistics both before and during the wedding. He was able to accommodate some last minute changes as well as providing solutions to cover shortcomings of another vendor. I would highly recommend Both Harvey and his venue to anyone planning their wedding.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Altamont Manor's reply:

Hi Jim, Thanks for the review. We really appreciate it coming from the father of the bride. While the "Martha Stewart touches are an important part of the day, the "business" of a wedding is equally important. I'm glad I was able to help with, as you so charitably say "shortcomings of another vendor." Our experience and attitude do have their advantages. It's a once in a lifetime event and we do everything we can to make sure that special day is...truly special. Thanks again. Harvey

Justine · Married on 07/14/2018

Kelvin and Justine Wedding July 21,2018

We had our wedding here in July. Harvey was amazing and laid out everything to a tee. He also did our pictures which was a huge plus. This place is absolutely beautiful. The garden was the perfect background. It was a beautiful sunny day with a cool breeze and blooming flowers. I couldn't have asked for more. He and his wife were awesome as far as organizing pictures before and after the ceremony. Inside was just as perfect. The art deco bar was a nice touch. The reception area was perfect- everyone had enough space and could see everything that was happening on the dance floor (we had about 130/140 people). I really can't say enough about it. People are still calling us to tell us how beautiful and amazing it was. Harvey is especially awesome and am I so grateful I found the Altamont Manor. If you are looking for a venue with a hands on /experienced/thoughtful owner, a beautiful outside space, a spaciousreception, and an experienced photographer- look no further!!! Harvey coordinated with our vendors- turf tavern, felthousen flowers, jnl visuals (videographer) and perfect blend bakery. They've worked with turf tavern and the florists before so it was like working with a well oiled machine. Even with our other vendors everything went smoothly. I did not have one worry about our day. It was stress free, beautiful, and everything I wanted

Sent on 12/18/2018

Hi Justine and Kelvin,
    Thanks so much for the heartfelt review. You were a lot of fun to work with and we enjoyed taking the photos...a lot of great images. As a second generation family business we put our heart and soul into each wedding and it's nice to know that it's appreciated. Thank you again. Harvey

AMANDA · Married on 07/07/2018

My daughter was married at The Altamont Manor on July 7th, 2018. Every mother has a vision for her daughter’s wedding and high expectations that are not always achieved. Never in my mind could I have painted a more picture perfect event. The entire property was gorgeous and transported guests to a beautiful place back in time. Every aspect of the ceremony and reception was flawless. Even the weather was perfect (Thanks Harvey!) Donna and Harvey were really wonderful to work with and made you feel at ease that their expertise would provide a perfect event.

Sent on 07/17/2018
    Altamont Manor 6

Anthony · Married on 07/07/2018

This review is for services provided by Harvey and Donna of Altamont Manor, located in Altamont, NY. My wife and I got married there in the summer of 2018. The venue was clean, the garden was extremely well cared for, and the views were gorgeous. Harvey was very easy to get along with, incredibly detail-oriented and was very responsive to any questions we had throughout the entire wedding planning process. Along with Harvey, Donna was a pleasure to work with. Both Harvey and Donna were very professional and captured amazing photographs of our entire event. We could not have had a better experience and from the other reviews, seems as though the same level of care and thoughtfulness goes into everyone's special day at the manor. I wholeheartedly trust and recommend this venue and the people behind this special property in helping make your wedding as memorable as ours.

Sent on 08/19/2018

Amber · Married on 07/07/2018

Our first visit we were greeted by Harvey and found the whole venue to be charming. Harvey was easy to work with, with many years of experience and insight but also willing to listen to our unique ideas. We planned our wedding while living in another state, but Harvey always accommodated our phone calls, and helped keep our planning on track.

Our July wedding was absolute perfection. Harvey helped to coordinate throughout the entire planning process, helping to bring our visions to life. The manicured gardens and Victorian Manor served as perfect backdrops as Harvey and Donna captured the most magnificent photos of our special day Our Rehearsal was quick, useful and fun. Our wedding ceremony was wonderful, and the reception was great! We found Altamont Manor to be a perfect fit for our wedding with just under 75 guests. The Victorian style and beautifully manicured gardens made for absolutely stunning photos. Harvey and Donna were our photographers, and their attention to detail made for fantastic photos, posed and candid alike.

Our guests raved about their experiences and we cannot say enough about our choice to hold our wedding ceremony and reception here. We found it suited our style, our budget, and most importantly, our (high) expectations. The reviews really are as they seem and I am thrilled to recommend Altamont Manor to others.

Sent on 08/19/2018

Emma · Married on 06/02/2018

Working with Harvey at the Altamont Manor was an absolute delight! Harvey has an eye for detail and the place has an incredible atmosphere. My husband describes it as "affordable elegance." The bar is stunning, the gardens are peaceful, and the whole place feels like an upscale garden party at home Harvey goes above and beyond - it's like having a wedding planner built in! Our day went flawlessly, in large part because of Harvey's ability to anticipate our needs. The biggest piece of advice is to communicate what you want as early as you want it. Harvey will help make it happen. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Tara · Married on 05/26/2018

I almost hate to rate all five categories with 5 stars, because it seems like maybe I just rushed through and rated everything 5. But, Harvey and Altamont Manor truly deserve all 5 stars in all 5 categories.

Quality of Service:
    I can't imagine a better experience with this. Harvey treated my wedding like it was his own daughter's- he gave honest feedback and opinions about everything I proposed to him- which was so helpful since he has tons of insight into the wedding world. I joked with my friends that Harvey is me in a different body- I am always getting teased for being a type-A, OCD, crazy list-maker. He was just as on top of all the teeny details for our wedding as I was, maybe even moreso, which previously I wouldn't have imagined was possible. He is extremely organized and detail-oriented. He will make absolutely sure that every detail for your day is taken care of. He's someone you can trust to just take care of everything without having to check on it. It was a very comforting feeling!

Responsiveness:
    The longest I ever waited for a reply to an email or phone call was maybe 6 hours- tops. I think that says it all. Usually he would call me first, because he anticipated the questions I hadn't even thought of yet.

Professionalism:
    Harvey and Donna (his wife, who helped take our wedding photos- they are photographers as well as owning the Altamont Manor) were both extremely professional, but not beyond being really friendly. They were professional yet also made us feel as comfortable and close to them as if we were an old family friend.

Value:
    Honestly, we fell in love with this venue right away, so we only looked at one other before booking. So I don't have a lot of other estimates to compare it to. But, based on what I've heard from others, and how amazing the wedding was, I feel like the value was incredible.

Flexibility:
    I think what sums up Harvey's flexibility most was that he allowed our two pit bulls (who he hadn't met at the time, yet never judged them based on common misconceptions of the breed) to not only be in our wedding ceremony, but also to stay on premises (we didn't want them in the reception room and didn't ask if that would be ok) during the reception so that no one had to leave the wedding to bring them home. I think that sums it up. But, I will say, he was extremely flexible to the point of not compromising the quality of your wedding. I think if we had requested something that he thought would compromise the wedding, he would have explained why he wouldn't recommend it, but then allow us to do it if we still wanted, to a certain point of course. And I would appreciate his opinion because, being so experienced in the wedding business, he would have more experienced opinions than me and would probably think of things I never would.

Overall:
    Harvey, Donna, and the Altamont Manor were amazing. I would recommend them to anyone, closest friends and family included. We truly had a great experience there. Through the year and a half of planning, up to the actual wedding day, Harvey made everything so easy, and so perfect. I highly, highly recommend this venue!

Thank you Harvey and Donna! We couldn't imagine a more perfect day!!

Tara & Carmen

Sent on 09/21/2011

Alisha · Married on 10/28/2017

Loved working with Harvey for our wedding ceremony and reception. He helped coordinate the ceremony and cutting the cake which we had no idea what to do. His house is gorgeous and he was awesome in helping the day of our wedding. Deff will be renewing vows there.

Sent on 11/06/2017
  • F

Faith · Married on 10/14/2017

My husband and I were married at the Altamont Manor on 10/14/17. Both our ceremony and reception were there and honestly, it would be an understatement to say Harvey and Donna really helped in making our wedding day PERFECT. Harvey and Donna were amazingly professional and patient as we had a large party of family and friends. They managed to organise everybody and still take really the best wedding pictures. I read so many reviews from different magazines, websites etc and many past brides said to be careful about choosing a photographer. We feel that we made the best choice. We just received our over 1100 photos and couldn't be happier. They captured crucial moments with loved ones and the quality is really crisp and clear on all the pictures. We highly recommend the Altamont Manor but not only as a wedding venue but also for their photography skills. Please... Take the time to even just speak to Harvey and Donna before deciding on your wedding venue. We're quite sure you. Will. Not. Be. Disappointed! Thank to everyone at the Altamont Manor!

Sent on 11/14/2017
    Altamont Manor 7

Altamont Manor's reply:

Hello Faith and Blue. Thanks so much for the great review. It was a lot of fun working with you on the photography. We love it when couples are so enthused and willing to be adventurous with the poses. I'm still awed by your hair. I'm afraid to ask how long it took to do that? We've been doing weddings for 27 years and that was an awesome wow!! I'll be putting the side by side profiles with you and the stone carving of Cleopatra on our Facebook page. You could have been twins. Great wedding. Harvey

April · Married on 10/08/2017

We had the MOST magical wedding day ever at the Altamont Manor! My husband grew up in Altamont so we were vaguely aware of the venue and visited it--the day we visited we knew it was the one and put down our deposit! We had no need to visit any other venues, it was perfect. We spent a little less than a year planning our wedding and throughout that planning process Harvey was extremely communicative and had a lot of helpful advice as he has vast experience with weddings! We HIGHLY recommend this venue, it is BEAUTIFUL, cost efficient, and the owners are wonderful! In fact, all of the vendors we used knew of Harvey and Donna, and had nothing but wonderful things to say. It has been almost a month since our wedding and our guests still cannot stop gushing about what an amazing wedding it was. Wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Hi April.
    Thanks for the post card from London, not to mention the terrific review. Looks like you had a great time. I'm glad you agree with me that Guinness tastes different in Ireland and England than it does here. Maybe it's the water filtered through the peat bogs. Who knows? I guess if anyone want a genuine pint, they'll just have to hop across the pond.
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/07/2017

Five stars are not enough to rate the experience my fiancée and I had with the Altamont Manor. Before booking this vendor, I read reviews just like mine and couldn’t believe them. I figured there was no way that one person could be so accommodating and professional and for such an amazing price. Harvey not only proved the reviews right, he proved me wrong. He IS that person. From the very first day that Steven and I visited the Manor he was my wedding guru. We had a longer than average engagement and he was attentive each and every time I contacted him with questions. He challenged my ideas and made them better. He made sure I knew the pros and cons of every decision and he knew my wedding in & out, as if he planned my wedding himself. And that was all before the wedding weekend. The night of the rehearsal Harvey orchestrated everything – he made sure everyone knew where they needed to be and when they needed to move. He instilled confidence in us that our day was going to be perfect. He was right. I have heard from many guests that our wedding was the most beautiful they’ve ever been to – and that was thanks to the Altamont Manor. The venue is so beautifully simple and ornate. The leaves were falling all around us as we said our vows like God himself was in attendance. And all the way up at the top of the house, Harvey was snapping the photo I’ve attached to this review. He provided that shot, one that nobody else could’ve gotten, free of charge the day after the wedding. I could not recommend this venue any more highly. For any budget – if you want a fairytale wedding, choose Harvey and the Altamont Manor.

Sent on 10/09/2017
    Altamont Manor 8

Hi Brittany and Steven,
    Thank you so much for the kind and heartfelt words. It was a real pleasure working with you. Your decorations were very elegant and classic. I was particularly taken with the invitation. You included me on the list with all the other guests, which was very thoughtful and the wax seal with the "H" harkened back to the days of Victorian elegance. Very appropriate for the Altamont Manor. Of course, no response would be complete without a shout out to Stacy who, as you know, came in so early that day to help with the details and we worked hand in hand to pull things together.

Erika · Married on 10/01/2017

I threw a surprise 30th birthday party for my husband at The Altamont Manor. Harvey did an amazing job coordinating everything. I only had about a month to plan things, was working full time, had a new baby and couldn't do anything at home since it was a surprise for my husband! I honestly could not have pulled it off without Harvey's expertise. He thought of details that didn't even cross my mind and made it so easy to contact him on my limited schedule. The venue itself was perfect. We only had about 30 people and I was worried about having such a big space, but Harvey thought of the perfect layout of tables and decorations so we still had an intimate feel. The grounds were beautiful and I loved that my guests had the option of mingling outside or in. I wish I knew about this gem when I got married - The Appel Inn is pretty, but Harvey is much easier to work with! If you're looking for a smooth party planning process and flawless event, The Altamont Manor is absolutely the place to go!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Brooke · Married on 09/30/2017

We had a great experience having our wedding at Altamont Manor. The venue is beautiful and the perfect size for our wedding- we had 75 guests. Harvey does a great job of keeping everyone on track the day of as well, which is super helpful if you do not have a wedding planner. One thing that sets this venue apart from the others has to be the price. Very affordable for such a quality place!

Sent on 10/14/2017

Hello Brooke and Ryan,
    Thanks for the wonderful review. Glad you had such a wonderful day. Lots of fun and energy throughout the whole event. We're eager to see the photos once they get on line. Everyone seemed to be having a great time taking them.

Linda · Married on 09/24/2017

Whether indoors or outdoors, this is a beautiful setting for any event. In my case it was a memorial service for my late husband. We gathered inside for drinks and snacks (catered) before going outside to the lovely lower gardens for the memorial and remembrances. This was followed by a catered luncheon for 70 people in large and comfortable air conditioned space where we sat at 7 tables of 10 each.. Every step of the way Harvey was there to guide me and help me. He gave me a selection of caterers and the one I chose was familiar with the Altamont Manor and provided their services seamlessly. He helped me set up my Power Point presentation of my husband's life and let me use his large monitor. After reviewing my plans for the day he made many useful suggestions regarding the placement of chairs, mikes, and so on. Afterwards, I received many compliments on the occasion, but it was all because of Harvey's professionalism and experience.

Sent on 09/28/2017

judith · Married on 09/17/2017

When Larry and I started looking for venues we came across the Altamont Manor. We wanted an outside Wedding Ceremony. We Had looked at several already. We fell in love with the Altamont Manor. It was beautiful inside and out.
    We knew this was the right place for our Wedding. Harvey was very pleasant and explained what he had to offer. We knew we were in good hands. This venue is absolutely beautiful. We were married on 9/17/2017 and our family and friends remarked how much they loved the Manor. Harvey did a great job!!! and made our day very special. If your looking for a great venue that has everything the Altamont Manor is your Place!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Shaquila · Married on 08/27/2017

I will be recommending the Altamont manor to anyone who ask! They did a fantastic job with my ceremony and pictures. Also Harvey gives a list of people to use for catering and officiating I suggest people to use them!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Lauren · Married on 08/26/2017

I am SO impressed with Altamont Manor and Harvey. I TOTALLY recommend using this venue. It is a beautiful venue. We had our ceremony outside in the garden. Absolutely beautiful pictures with the trees and flowers surrounding us. For the cocktail hour, we were able to have it outside on the porch. The reception area is beautiful. It has a wooden ceiling so it makes it look super rustic and has the natural light from the windows around the whole room. Harvey was with us the entire way. From the first day we met him, we were impressed by his knowledge of weddings and all the details. He was great with keeping the wedding on time and getting us all in line for the processional line and for our introductions. He was great with calling me back throughout the entire year of planning and answering all my questions. All of my friends and family said it was the "best wedding they ever went to" and they said the "most beautiful" because of Harvey's beautiful property. Thank you SOOO much Harvey. Our day was PERFECT!!!

Love,
    Lauren & Zac Cole

Sent on 08/30/2017

Altamont Manor's reply:

Hi Lauren and Zac, Thanks for the great review. It was a lot of fun working with you both. I loved your father's toast, especially about Zac being a handy guy to have around the house. Every father should have a son-in-law with those skills.

Maureen · Married on 08/11/2017

We met Harvey back in the winter and were so impressed with the charming manor, porches, views, and reception hall colors, windows, and decor, however we were blown away when we saw it all come together with the immaculate garden and flowers surrounding the porches, for our August 5th wedding. Our guests and families were impressed and having the beauty indoors and out, made the location ideal for us and our guests to wander and enjoy themselves as well as party in the reception hall. It also made it easier to take pictures, not having to find another location to drive to for photos. I (bride) had my own bathroom in the manor. Harvey is knowledgeable and detailed oriented, with an inviting demeanor. He is helpful and present, without being controlling. My caterer and my dj were new to the Manor but seemed to all work well under Harvey's direction and accommodations. For a beautiful place and reasonable price, I recommend visiting the Altamont Manor.

Sent on 08/16/2017