Altamont Manor Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Keith L. Married on 07/02/2022

Such a rewarding experience

Our experience with Harvey and Altamont Manor was in every way and every consideration truly special. The grounds are gorgeous and very well-kept-Harvey prides himself on this and with good reason it would seem. Harvey was the perfect steward for our marriage. Both his demeanor and his experience helped us in numerous ways and it's hard to imagine our wedding being as successful as it was without his presence. Thank you again Harvey and Altamont.

Hi Keith,
    Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a complimentary review. As you know we really work hard to maintain our gardens through all three seasons and it's no easy task with their size. It's really appreciated when couples notice them as well as the traditional service and attention to detail that is an Altamont Manor virtue passed down from generation to generation. Somewhere "up there" I think my parents are smiling knowing that their legacy is being carried on. Harvey
    Kimberly S. Married on 06/28/2022

My wedding at the Altamont Manor was Magical

The property is breathtaking, would have not wanted my special day anywhere else. The Altamont Manor's grounds and atmosphere speak for itself. Definitely a hidden gem. Harvey and Donna are wonderful to work with. Also provide many options for inclimate weather.

Altamont Manor's reply:

Hi Kim and Chris. Hope the weather was good for your honeymoon. With the pandemic of the last couple of years many couples were reluctant to travel. Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate it. It was a delightful family centered event.
    Lynn J. Married on 05/28/2022

Jeff and Lynn’s Wedding

Jeff and I wanted a venue with a beautiful Victorian style with outdoor as well as indoor beauty. The day was perfect! Dew on the leaves from the morning with the sun glistening! The outdoor ceremony was beautiful, white chairs and arch alter was perfect. Violinist, cocktail hour on the veranda, the beauty of the manor was exquisite. Our guests enjoyed a delicious meal, scrumptious cake and cookies all while Harvey, the owner orchestrated picture opportunities throughout the entire event. The bar was flowing and people danced the night away to a DJ that knew just what to play to keep the dance floor full! We had a wonderful start to our new married life❤️Thank you Harvey and Donna!

Hello Lynn and Jeff,
    What a wonderful poetic review. Thank you so much. We had a great time taking the photos as you were both so willing to have fun and work with us to take advantage of the Manor's many garden settings. I expect we'll be using a couple of your photos in our Manor materials. Thanks again. Harvey
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message
  • Maggie
    Maggie S. Married on 10/16/2021

Beautiful Wedding!

My husband and I always knew that we were looking for a venue that was different from the typical “wedding factory.” We were searching for a venue that offered natural beauty, a vintage/classic feel, and many options for customization. We first visited The Altamont Manor in January, and even on the bleakest of days we knew right away we had found our venue. Harvey escorted us around the snow fallen grounds, and Victorian rooms inside. Upon meeting with Harvey and hearing about all of our options, we knew this venue perfect for our Fall wedding. When choosing the venue, you are choosing Harvey and Donna’s home. This ensures the utmost care for every detail from the flowers to the leaves on the grass. I am an extremely detail oriented person with many lists and DIY desires. Harvey managed this very well, and allowed me to do all of the decorations and preparations myself. This ability to create and set up the many personal touches for my big day was very important to me, and not allowed in many traditional venues. Harvey and Donna also photographed our wedding day, and made for such a seamless and well planned day. About 30 minutes before our ceremony, it poured rain. I really had dreamed of our ceremony outside down by the pond, and when the rain cleared with 5 minutes to spare Harvey and Donna helped gather all of our guests outside for the ceremony. Their level of flexibility and reassurance that all would go to plan truly set my mind at ease. I would highly recommend The Altamont Manor for any couple looking for a different experience from your traditional wedding factory. You will be guaranteed a personal and memorable day.

Hello Maggie,
    I think you're probably one of the luckiest brides we've ever had at the Altamont Manor. You managed to have it stop raining for not only the ceremony but we were able to squeeze in outdoor photos in between periods of rain. :-)). I appreciate your sending us a Christmas card using one of the photos. I remember all us walking past the Manor, across the parking lot and part way up the driveway for the shot. The whole time I'm thinking "come on, come on we have to get back and beat the rain. We're living on borrowed time and we have so many other shots to get in." And then to hear that you just got back from your honeymoon to St. Lucia, beating the probable upcoming Covid travel restrictions makes me think that you do have a guardian angel.

I also want to thank you for recognizing the extra effort we put in to make each couple's wedding special. To quote from your review "I am an extremely detail oriented person with many lists and DIY desires. Harvey managed this very well, and allowed me to do all of the decorations and preparations myself." I'm heartened by that comment in particular because one of the statements that we make to prospective couples that visit is that we truly help them get the wedding of their dreams. Let's face it, every venue promises the moon when they're selling. Your comment gives credibility to our statement. It's not just "selling and promising," ...it's delivering on that promise. Thanks so much
    Juliana M. Married on 09/26/2021

Amazing venue!

I had my baby shower here in late September and it was perfect! The venue was stunning and the grounds were gorgeously kept. Everyone who we worked with was kind, responsive, helpful, and patient, and the day went by without a hitch. The setting looked like a scene from a fairytale, and I can’t say enough good things about this place. Thank you to the entire Altamont Manor family!

Hi Julianna,
    Thank you for sharing your experience at the Altamont Manor. While the event was in the dining room it was heartening to see virtually everyone who attended go out to the sunken garden to enjoy the day further and take lots of photos. Thank you again.
  • Grace
    Grace G. Married on 09/25/2021

The Most Magical Venue Combined with Amazing Service

The Altamont Manor was our first and only stop as we looked for venues! Don’t look elsewhere, it’s simply the best! We could not have asked for a better venue, service or photography services! The venue was picture perfect and the day went off without a hitch thanks to Harvey executing every detail to make our day flow smoothly. The sunken garden made the most wonderful spot for our ceremony, and the reception inside were both simply elegant! The hydrangeas were just beautiful combined with the beautiful greenery and fountain. Could not have asked for better service or a better day. We will cherish it forever and thanks to Harvey and Donna’s photography we have the most beautiful pictures to relive it over and over!

Altamont Manor's reply:

Hello Grace. Thank you so much for the great comments. We had a lot of fun shooting your wedding as well. You two were so easy to work with and open to suggestions, which results in great images every time. Harvey
  • Betsy
    Betsy D. Married on 09/25/2021

A Wonderful Day in Every Way

We were so blessed to be able to host our daughter and now son-in-law's wedding at the Manor. We enjoyed every moment of the big day. We had such a wonderful time. It went by so fast that we wish we could do it again in the gorgeous surroundings. The Manor is so elegant and the grounds are breathtaking.
    Our guests had a wonderful time and were amazed by the beauty of the Manor - perfect pace for a wedding!
    We felt at ease about working out details and logistics of the day with Harvey and Donna. We also chose Harvey and Donna to do the photography- and we were very pleased by all the beautiful pictures- some we were not even aware they were taking.
    I highly recommend you take a look at the Altamont Manor and then book it!

Hello Betsy,
    We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at The Altamont Manor. It's always heartening to know that people notice and enjoy all the hard work that goes into maintaining the venue and the grounds, and of course that provides a great backdrop for wedding photography. I had to smile when you described the beautiful photos and you weren't aware that we were taking some of them. We try and strike a balance between the family group shots, the formals and the candids. We pride ourselves on providing a complete photographic experience with a variety of styles as well as capturing a wide range of emotions. Thank you again for taking the time to write.
  • Nick
    Nick G. Married on 09/25/2021

Perfection

Between the scenic views outside and the beautiful interior, the Altamont Manor is your dream wedding venue. The professionalism of Harvey and his team blew my mind. Our every request was not only met, but surpassed our expectations. Not only are Harvey and Donna the perfect hosts, they’re world class photographers. Magical day, the best day ever!
  • Rick
    Rick D. Married on 09/25/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

No Better Place for a Wedding!

There are not enough words to describe our pleasure with the Altamont Manor. The day was perfect. Harvey and Donna really took care of us. They provided so many options for "worst case" weather scenarios but thankfully it didn't matter because the weather was perfect. Still, having so many options put any of my daughter's potential worries to rest. The setting itself is beautiful. There's really nothing like it in New York's Capital Region. The views are stunning. You can see the mountains in Vermont and Massachusetts. The grounds are amazing and the manor is just perfect. And Harvey and Donna also really care about the details. They worked closely with our caterer, DJ, florist and pastor. We also went with them for photography and they really blew us away with the photos too. Not a single complaint. You will not go wrong going with the Altamont Manor. Beyond pleased, ecstatic! It's a day we think about over and over again!

Hello Rick,
    We really appreciate your comments. It's always nice to know that the work and maintenance we put into the grounds is noticed as well as the attention to detail in coordinating and working with the vendors to make it all flow smoothly. Thanks again. Harvey
    Russell Married on 09/19/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Perfect place for the best day ever

We are so happy that we decided to get married at The Altamont Manor! Wedding planning really wasn’t our thing but Harvey made it to so easy. His many years of experience in the wedding industry helped us pick our other vendors. We enjoyed our day while Harvey took care of all the details. Our guests enjoyed themselves at this of the beaten path venue. This venue is definitely worth the drive and you feel like you are in a different world when you are at The Altamont Manor. The gardens and historic house are so well maintained. We really appreciate all of the hard work that goes into maintaining all of those flowers and plants. Our guests enjoyed the porch and exploring the gardens during cocktail hour. The sunken garden was the perfect place for our ceremony. The dinning room had plenty of space so all of our guests felt comfortable at dinner. They even has a great spot for our donut display. We really appreciate all of the hard work and care The Altamont Manor team put into making our day the best day ever!

Altamont Manor's reply:

Hello Russell, We really appreciate your comments and noticing the details. When prospective couples come to visit, I try and emphasize the attention to detail and service we provide. It's heartening to have that mentioned in reviews. It's not just us saying it but the couples themselves. Thanks again.
    Alex O. Married on 09/18/2021

Father of the Bride

I had a wonderful time at our daughter’s wedding. In mid-September, both the grounds and gardens at the Altamont Manor were beautiful and well-maintained. The wrap around porch was the perfect place to be able to mingle with our guests before everyone was summoned into the banquet room for dinner. Thank you Harvey and Donna for making this day memorable for my family and our guests. I would highly recommend the Altamont Manor to any couple looking for that ideal place for their wedding.

Lesia Married on 09/18/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

What a wonderful wedding!

The Altamont Manor is now one of our favorite places! Our guests were so impressed with the well maintained gardens and spectacular views. We had a beautiful fall wedding with leaves falling like confetti during our ceremony. Harvey was so organized and kept the day running smoothly so we could enjoy ourselves and spend time with our guests. The elegant wrap around porch was perfect for our cocktail hour. We enjoyed the sunset sky while eating dinner and had a blast dancing the night away. Since the manor is so spacious our guest who didn’t want to dance had a place to talk and catch up. We can not thank The Altamont Manor family enough for all of their hard work that made our wedding so wonderful :)

Altamont Manor's reply:

Hi Lesia, We really enjoyed having you at The Manor. It was a pleasure working with you on the details and arrangements and being able to accommodate your requests. It was almost like planning for a family member. We appreciate your generous gift of one of the centerpieces. They were quite lovely and with only one per table, your appreciation of our efforts makes it that much more special. The Oxacalis is doing fine and the spot of color during the cold drab winter brightens up the day.

Michaela Married on 09/18/2021

Sister’s Wedding on 9/18/21

I was the maid of honor at my sisters wedding at the Altamont manor. The gardens were breathtakingly beautiful. My favorite view of them was standing on the wrap around porch and looking out over all them. You can tell they are well maintained and cared for by the owners Harvey and Donna. The manor building itself is a well maintained victorian style manor, while still offering the comforts and amenities of a modern facility. Harvey was great and organized.He provided weather updates because there were chances of rain in the afternoon that thankful never showed. It was a wonderful day, our family will always remember thank you to the Altamont Manor for helping make this happen!

Hello Michaela,
    Thanks for the wonderful review. Glad you noticed and appreciated the modern amenities in a Victorian home. We try to maintain the Victorian charm of the house and gardens while keeping all the essentials such as air conditioning, municipal water-not well water and modern bathrooms.
    Kathy O. Married on 09/18/2021

EXCELLENT Wedding Experience

My daughter got married at the Altamont Manor and everything was absolutely beautiful! You feel like you are on a Manor estate in the middle of the country! The owner, Harvey, was professional and very accommodating. He answered all our questions and gave valuable input. You can tell he has been in this business for awhile. We were impressed by his knowledge of weddings and all the details.
    They were married in an outdoor ceremony in the sunken garden in front of the ornate arch with beautiful flowers and fall leaves softly dropping. It was breathtaking!
    Cocktail hour was on the wraparound porch. The reception area is beautiful and spacious. The windows around the entire room allow in natural light and it was so nice to look out at the spectacular view and all the greenery and flowers. The setup of the venue is great! For those that aren't dancing there is the quiet wraparound porch for talking and catching up.
    The outdoor grounds are meticulously maintained by Donna and Harvey. I just loved the entrance way decorative arch with greenery and lights - it is one of a kind! It was a beautiful background for the couple's photographs, which became their Christmas card photograph!
    I highly recommend this venue for a beautiful, unique and reasonably priced venue. Thank you Harvey and Donna for helping make their wedding day so special!

Altamont Manor's reply:

Hello Kathy. Thank you for the wonderful and detailed review. It's very much appreciated and it's extra special when parents are moved to write a review as well as the couple. We spend a lot of time working on the grounds and it's heartening to see that it's noticed and appreciated.
  • Emma
    Emma B. Married on 08/22/2021

Beautiful and Flexible

I would not have wanted anyone else to handle my wedding. The venue is gorgeous, but perhaps more importantly, flexible to our needs. My husband and I chose the Altamont Manor partially because of how easily you can make adjustments to your ceremony depending on the weather, and I'm so glad we did -- as we got hit by a tropical storm on our wedding day! It struck me, as I watched the weather forecast that day, how unique Harvey is, that I trusted him to handle whatever came our way and I didn't have to worry about it all myself. And indeed, we still had a blast and all our guests were still complimenting us on a beautiful ceremony and reception.

I would absolutely encourage anyone to choose the Altamont Manor. Harvey guided us through the steps to create an amazing event even through the COVID-19 pandemic, even through tropical storms, and even through my absolute lack of talent for event planning. We also separately hired him as our photographer, which was a great idea, because he knew all the best places on the grounds to get good shots both before and after the rain started.

I cannot say enough about how great the Altamont Manor was for us. It changed what could have been a stressful day into a great story and an amazing memory. If I had to do it all again, I would absolutely make the same choice.

Altamont Manor's reply:

Hello Emma and Matt. We've done about 800 weddings and it's impossible to remember them all, but yours will truly be one that stands out. How many people get married during a hurricane, still have the ceremony outside and yet manage to stay dry? We really appreciate your taking the time to articulate the capabilities we have to make sure couples have a fabulous day, regardless of the weather. I'd also like to comment on the guests. In these trying times of the pandemic, so many wore masks and willingly presented vax cards and it was still a great party. It's what we call "Spirited but well behaved." It was a real pleasure to have everyone in our home and also to do the photography where there was a wonderful energy and good vibes. Harvey
  • Amanda
    Amanda B. Married on 08/14/2021

Beautiful Day

We had our wedding on August 14,2021 and had the best experience with Harvey at Altamont Manor. While planning, he let us visit the venue in many seasons to ask questions/see the setup again. He always replied to phone calls the same day and kept us updated on COVID protocols. On the day of, Harvey kept up on maintenance, even cleaning up broken glass within minutes. The manor itself is gorgeous and the landscaping is incredible. I am so glad we had our wedding at the Altamont Manor and got to work with Harvey. Thanks Harvey!
    Brodie F. Married on 07/30/2021

Absolutely Perfect

With the pandemic, naturally we ran into a whole host of issues but nothing but flexibility and consideration from Harvey and Donna, they really were the ones to put our day over the top! The atmosphere speaks for itself, the property is quite literally breathtaking in the summer, we got married at the end of July. Knowing that we had great options for rain or shine truly took away any worrying we may have had about weather but luckily we were able to have the ceremony down by the fountain, and it was perfect! Harvey was able to provide valuable insight regarding angles for pictures, different setup options for the reception, and captured our most beautiful moments!! The Altamont Manor is a venue I would highly recommend to anyone, especially considering how reasonable the pricing was. Our whole experience from the beginning of the planning to the end of our night was amazing and we can’t thank Harvey and Donna enough for helping to make our wedding day and night unforgettable for all who were there! Thank you both again!

- Brodie & Samantha France

Hi Brodie,
    Thanks so much for the great comments. It was a pleasure working with you and Samantha. It's always gratifying to see that couples appreciate all the effort we put into the gardens as well as the coordination and working around all the Covid 19 issues. The photos are looking great and we'll have them to you shortly. Harvey
  • Natasha
    Natasha M. Married on 05/22/2021

The Perfect Day

We originally visited the Altamont Manor in the winter when the grounds were covered in snow and ice, but even then I could see the picturesque views and garden. Then we met Harvey, he was so kind and sweet and I was convinced immediately that the Altamont Manor would make my dream of an outdoor wedding come true. Planning a wedding is already stressful, but planning it during COVID-19 added more strands of grey hairs then I wanted or needed. But Harvey was there every step of the way prompt, knowledgeable, and always a calming phone call away. As expected on our wedding day, the venue was breathtaking, not a single blade of grass out of place. Many of our guest have said it’s one of the best weddings they have ever attended. The day started and ended perfectly, we were beyond happy with our experience.

Altamont Manor's reply:

Hi Natasha. I'd forgotten that you'd visited in the dead of winter but you saw all our venue photos for your date and took it on good faith that the reality would live up to the photos. Glad we were able to deliver. Thanks for the kind words about being a calming voice. You're right about the Covid circumstances. It was a challenge but together we made it all happen. It was a grand wedding. I must comment on the crystal center pieces. We've seen a lot of center pieces. Very elegant indeed. Harvey
    Ann Married on 05/14/2021

Excellent Wedding Experience

Had a wonderful experience at Altamont Manor for my son’s wedding. The grounds were gorgeous and well maintained. This venue was perfect and met all my son and daughter-in-laws expectations for their big day. We enjoyed most of the reception outside and we couldn’t have dreamed up a nicer garden and porch to celebrate! The views of the Albany skyline were picturesque and it was a great venue for an intimate wedding. Would highly recommend!
    Ann Married on 05/14/2021

Excellent Wedding Experience

• Marissa
    Marissa P. Married on 05/02/2021

Event: Baptism

We held a baptism here, the space and views were absolutely magnificent. The manor was spotless and quaint on the inside and the garden and landscaping were so beautiful. Harvey the owner was a pleasure to work with, he was completely flexible and willing to help ensure that all of our plans come to fruition. We would definitely recommend the manor for all events and will definitely hold future events there again in the future!

Hi Marissa,
    Thanks for the review and the compliments. Glad we were able to adjust things for you to accommodate your plans. It was a lovely family event and congratulations on the newest member of your family.
    Jerid Married on 12/09/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Getting married at the Altamont Manor was superb!

Getting married at the Altamont Manor was superb! The gardens and lawn were expertly maintained. The sunken garden was a fantastic background for our ceremony. Harvey and his years of expertise made our ceremony flawless.

The wrap around porch and picturesque views of Albany made cocktail hour extra special. The flowers on the porch even matched our wedding colors! The vintage bar allowed our guests to step back in time. The dining room made all of our guests feel cozy but safe.

Harvey was flexible and understanding during this challenge time. We appreciate all of the time he spent on the phone with us planning our wedding. Harvey and his family went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. You can't find a better place than the Altamont Manor for your wedding!

Hello Jerid,
    We really appreciate your taking the time to write such a complimentary review. We get a great deal of satisfaction in knowing that couples had a great day and appreciate the effort we put into making each wedding special. Thanks again.
  • Mary
    Mary A. Married on 10/10/2020

A wonderful day!

Planning a wedding during a pandemic is not an easy task. Harvey made it easy. Very flexible and understanding, we had a wonderful event at the Altamont Manor. The grounds were a beautiful setting for the ceremony and Harvey also did the photography. We are beyond happy with the results. I would definitely recommend this venue and their staff for your special day.

Hello Mary Anne,
    Thanks very much for the wonderful review. It was a joy having Alexandra and Jacob's wedding here and we had a lot of fun doing the photography. The little Cinderella carriage for EllieGrace was fantastic. A unique fairy tale "ride" for a baby princess, not to mention a photo opportunity. Hard to miss with such subject matter. Thank you so much for taking the time to express your appreciation.
    Ally B. Married on 10/10/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful grounds and great photography

Harvey did a great job for my wedding. He was very flexible especially during a pandemic! We changed plans on him a couple of times and he was always understanding and worked with us. He also did out photography which is he very knowledgeable and talented! The grounds were beautiful especially in the fall! I would definitely recommend!
  • Stefani
    Stefani D. Married on 10/02/2020

Incredible Experience at The Altamont Manor

Our wedding was wonderful! From the beginning, Harvey was excellent to work with. He made sure our day was unforgettable. Because our wedding took place during the pandemic, we were forced to cut most of our guests. Our wedding became intimate and Harvey helped make all appropriate changes as we went. We are so happy with how everything worked out.
    The manor is gorgeous. The garden is beautiful, which is where the ceremony took place. We chose to keep all the fallen leaves on the ground making it look even more beautiful. The inside is charming and very spacious. Everything was set up perfectly.
    Harvey also did our photography. The photos are STUNNING. He did such a wonderful job. We are telling all our friends to get married here! You won't regret it!

Hi Stefani.
    Thanks for the great review. As you know your wedding had special meaning for us with Mikey's connection. Glad you loved the photos. You could model, seriously. Your smile is so genuine and lights up the room. I'm going to use several of your wedding photos for our portfolio. You hair style was stunning and fit you perfectly. It was a work of art that captured your spirit. Thanks again and it's going to be great fun doing creative treatments of your images.
illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message