SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL ARTISTRY- destination hair & make-up by Sissy M. Duncan Reviews

46 | Indian Trail, NC

46 Reviews for SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL ARTISTRY- destination hair & make-up by Sissy M. Duncan

SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL ARTISTRY- destination hair & make-up by Sissy M. Duncan 1
SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL ARTISTRY- destination hair & make-up by Sissy M. Duncan 6
SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL ARTISTRY- destination hair & make-up by Sissy M. Duncan 7
  • Y

Yin-Chu · Married on 10/06/2018

Sissy is absolutely amazing!

Sissy was absolutely amazing on my wedding day! She did an amazing job during the trial and adjusted to my need. I don’t usually wear a lot of makeup and she made sure my wedding day makeup was natural and romantic like I wanted. She also made me felt like she’s got my back with everything on my wedding day.

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Kaylee

Kaylee · Married on 07/14/2018

Sissy is a Lifesaver

Sissy did hair and makeup for myself and two bridesmaids this past summer for my wedding, and she did a truly amazing job!

When looking at her portfolio, I almost did not message her because I was sure she would be out of my price range, but at my mother-in-laws recommendation, I sent her an inquiry and found that her prices are extremely reasonable!

I had a horrible breakout the day before my wedding, and Sissy gave me advice that helped prevent minimize the damage. She was able to completely conceal a huge scab on my face the day of the wedding so that I was actually able to enjoy our big day.

My husband's mouth drop when he saw me walk down the aisle, and much of this was due to Sissy's skills as a makeup artist!

Sent on 10/21/2018
    SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL ARTISTRY- destination hair & make-up by Sissy M. Duncan 8
    SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL ARTISTRY- destination hair & make-up by Sissy M. Duncan 9

Kylie · Married on 09/30/2017

Sissy stepped in at the last minute to do my hair and makeup after my original artist had to cancel due to a family emergency. It was almost like it was meant to happen. Sissy made me look and feel more beautiful for my wedding day than I ever have in my life! Without a trial, she nailed exactly the look I was going for, and she took her time to make sure everything was perfect. She was a joy to work with and I would definitely recommend her to anyone and everyone. I am so Thankful for Sissy for helping to make my wedding day absolutely perfect.

Sent on 10/23/2017
    SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL ARTISTRY- destination hair & make-up by Sissy M. Duncan 10
    SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL ARTISTRY- destination hair & make-up by Sissy M. Duncan 11
    SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL ARTISTRY- destination hair & make-up by Sissy M. Duncan 12
    SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL ARTISTRY- destination hair & make-up by Sissy M. Duncan 13
    SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL ARTISTRY- destination hair & make-up by Sissy M. Duncan 14

Sharon · Married on 05/20/2016

Sissy is amazing!!! She is so sweet and was so easy and fun to work with. She was always so responsive to all my emails and texts and endless questions, and she even let my mom do a trial run! I was so indecisive with my hair, and Sissy was so helpful with suggestions, but she always made sure that I was happy with what we were doing and wanted to make sure that I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day. Thank you thank you Sissy!

Sent on 06/07/2016

Hannah · Married on 04/30/2016

Sissy did my hair and makeup for my wedding this past April!! She made me look beautiful!! My bridesmaids loved her as well!! I loved getting to know her throughout this past year also, she is super sweet and fun!! I have nothing but great things to say about her!! I could go on and on with wonderful things to say! You can't go wrong!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! Team Sissy!!

-Hannah

Sent on 06/29/2016

Alexandra · Married on 04/23/2016

Sissy was wonderful to work with and made me feel "simply beautiful" on my wedding day. She had a great price point for my small wedding party and all I had to do was show her some ideas from Pinterest and she was able to go from there.

Sent on 08/15/2016
  • P&G

Gladys · Married on 04/09/2016

I absolutely loved the way Sissy did my wedding hair and make-up! We first met for a consultation to discuss how I would like to look on my wedding day. She had a lot of creative ideas on how we can achieve that look, and she delivered 100%! Sissy also did my Mom's hair and make-up, and she couldn't be any happier. We both felt beautiful! One big difference between Sissy and the other vendors is that she will come to your house for both trial run and wedding day. Most vendors only offer onsite service the day of the wedding. She took really good care of us, providing us with touch-up kits, extra bobby pins, etc. before we headed off to the venue. Sissy has a ton of experience in the business, and it shows. Her sweet, outgoing personality is a bonus on top of it all! HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Sydney · Married on 01/29/2016

Sissy with Simply Beautiful Artistry is superb! She is incredibly professional, yet so sweet and personable to work with. She perfected my hair and makeup for our engagement pictures and then again for our wedding! Sissy listened to my ideas but was kind in letting me know what would and would not work for my face shape and hair type. I trusted her as a professional and let her work her magic, and boy did she! My husband was incredibly moved as well, seeing as how he shed many joyful tears when he first saw me! I wanted “wow” makeup without looking overdone, and Sissy was able to make me feel glamorous but also classic. She pulled everything off perfectly, and I could not believe how long my makeup lasted! It would take me all day to complete my hair and makeup the way she did, but her talent kept within her allotted timeline, and I looked flawless. I have already told her that I will be hiring her for any future special events!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Sissy was amazing. She capture the beauty in each of my bridesmaids and of me. We didn't do a trail before the wedding but I had giving her ideas on how I wanted to look. She took the time to look at pictures of what I wanted and talked me through the whole process to make sure I was comfortable and that it was exactly what I wanted. She was sweet and caring. My pictures turned out beautiful and I owe it all to Sissy for making me feel confident and beautiful. I highly recommend , her genuinely sweet spirit shines through in her work.

Sent on 12/18/2015

keena · Married on 10/16/2015

Sissy did hair and make-up for me and my the majority of my 9 bridesmaids. Not only was she prompt with her response time in the planning process, patient with me (and my unrealistic hair ideas for my hair type) she was a joy to work with and made the trial process and the day of so much fun and stress free. All of the girls were pleased with their hair and make-up and the pictures turned out perfect. She was extremely organized and followed her schedule to the tee. She started and finished right just as planned with a little time to spare. I wish I could get married all over again just so Sissy can do my hair and make-up. She is so talented and I couldn't imagine working with anyone else!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Sissy and her team are amazing and affordable! She did a fantastic job with my hair and make up. I felt like a princess. Some of my girls brought pictures, some didn't but everyone's hair looked amazing. The make up looked natural but it stayed on all day. If I ever need a hair artist I would recommend Sissy without a doubt again. She was friendly, fast, and professional.

Sent on 08/30/2015
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 05/23/2015

Sissy was absolutely amazing! Very professional, right on time, and totally patient with wiggly flower girls. She truly is an artist, and her passion for what she does shows in her work. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Anora · Married on 03/06/2015

Sissy does incredible work! Highly recommend her for your hair and make-up events. She is very professional, accommodating, easy-going, and fun to work with. Sissy did the hair and make-up for at wedding for myself (bride) and ten bridesmaids. My entire wedding party was very pleased with her work on their hair and make-up. She knows what looks great for pictures, but makes you look natural as well. She is awesome!

Sent on 04/30/2015
  • FinallyMrsW

Kelsey · Married on 10/24/2014

Seriously better than I could have imagined. Sissy was incredible and she was so sweet! I recommend to EVERYONE!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Brittany · Married on 09/06/2014

Sissy and her team were absolutely wonderful! They did a gorgeous job with both hair and make up, and the finished look was exactly what I wanted. My day wouldn't have been the same with out Sissy, such a kind and warm person!

Sent on 09/13/2014

Sissy and her assistants are nothing but amazing. They did such a beautiful job with hair and make-up for my wedding. Everyone in the bridal party got nothing but great compliments on the great job they did with beauty.

Sent on 09/08/2014

Rachelle · Married on 08/30/2014

Sissy was absolutely amazing. I would 100% hire her again - she is very professional and awesome to work with. She made me and my wedding party feel so beautiful!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Lauren · Married on 08/16/2014

Sissy and her team are incredible. I found out about Sissy through a friend's wedding in January 2012 where I was a bridesmaid. I loved my makeup from her wedding and decided to hire her for my own wedding. Sissy did my makeup for my bridal portraits and for my wedding and both times the makeup was absolutely stunning. I felt so beautiful especially on my wedding day. All of my bridesmaids had their makeup done and they looked outstanding as well. I'm so happy I chose Simply Beautiful Artistry; I would recommend Sissy and her team to any bride!

Sent on 09/14/2014

Jennifer · Married on 07/13/2014

Sissy was amazing! I have yet to meet someone so talented, nice & professional! Everyone she worked on looked absolutely gorgeous and I am so happy I chose her!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Lauren · Married on 06/13/2014

PHENOMENAL job. I could not have been happier, with hair and make-up.

Sent on 11/01/2014

Miranda · Married on 05/18/2014

Sissy was the absolute best! I am so lucky to have been able to book her for my wedding. She was on time, professional and does the best job. My make up looked flawless as well as my moms and bridesmaids. Everyone who looks at my pictures comments on how beautiful my makeup is. I would recommend her to anybody! Thank you so much Sissy for being so wonderful!!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Robin & Jonathan · Married on 03/08/2014

I really can't say enough about Sissy. She was absolutely to work with. Very friendly, down to earth, honest and very professional. I ended up using her for my engagement pictures, trials and on my wedding day. She made me feel like a princess! All of my pictures look amazing because of the way she did my makeup and hair. When researching for a hair/make up artist and asking around I had many people recommended to me. All of which did an amazing job. Two things that stood out about Sissy: she was very prompt in responding back to me and I liked that the fact that on her website there were a lot of natural looks. I didn't want to look like a girl on the front of a magazine on my wedding day. I wanted to look like me, but more enhanced features and pretty. She did this. I HIGHLY recommend Sissy. All of my bridesmaids were very impressed with her work. All of her helpers were great too. Thanks for making my wedding day so special.

Sent on 03/15/2014

Angie · Married on 03/07/2014

Sissi is definitively a person one wants around on such a hectic/stressful day. She has the most calming and professional demeanor. Her work is simply superb and beautiful! Thank you Sissi!!!

Sent on 03/31/2014

Dee · Married on 11/09/2013

Sissy was AMAZING to work with! She listened to what I wanted, offered great suggestions and then made me look and feel beautiful! What a delightful and professional person. I did my trial wedding hair and makeup and had her booked for my wedding. Before my date though, I wound up recommending her to my niece and Sissy did a fantastic job for her as well. When researching for a hair/make up expert, I relied on these reviews, and they were all truly accurate. I highly recommend Sissy! Thanks for making that part of my day so special!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Dee · Married on 11/09/2013

Sissy was SO wonderful to work with. She truly listened to my desires for the look I wanted to achieve and then she executed it all beautifully. She was a pleasure to work with - professional, sweet and reliable. I recommended her for my niece's wedding just after having my trial hair/make up done! She did an outstanding job for her as well.

Sent on 01/29/2014