40 Reviews for Shancakes

24 Shancakes Reviews

Shannon provided favors for our wedding; mini apple and pecan pies. They were not only adorable, they were delicious! They were perfect for an October wedding. Shannon was more than happy to use the boxes we provided, as they matched our theme; she even ensured they were delivered to our venue for us. They were a hit! I've had many of our guests reach out to us to say how delicious they were! Shannon was also great to work with. She was in the middle of moving locations and I still had no problem getting in touch with her when needed. I highly recommend stopping by!

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/15/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts

Legitimately the best tasting cake I've ever had!

Profile Picture Sean, 9/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Nice people that work hard to make your special day perfect!

Profile Picture Rod, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Invitations, Wedding Cake

Shannon came highly recommended and I was very pleased working with her. My invitations are beautiful

Profile Picture Kathryn, 6/2/17, 1 Review
1.2

The owner of Shancakes advised me that she could serve me with a cease and desist if I wrote a review and “trashed” her business, but I believe it is my civic obligation to warn others of my experience with this company, rather than trash her. The bottom line is that my cake collapsed during set up, it was only 2 tiers when it was supposed to be 3, and the owner overcharged us and is refusing to send us the final invoice. My wedding cake was poorly assembled and the bottom tier literally crumbled, while the top two tiers sagged and were promptly removed from the reception because of their appearance. We did not get to have a cake cutting ceremony and our guests had tiny slivers of cake because the owner never brought more cake. Also, according to my calculations(because she never provided a receipt/final invoice) we were overcharged $52.94, and had a cake that was much smaller than we purchased for all of our guests. When I asked her over 3 times for my final invoice she refused and said that her system didn’t allow her access after a payment has been made. Once I received information from her about prices, I calculated, added in the amount for tax and set up/delivery, and realized that she had overcharged us by $32.94, as well as the $20 cake tasting deduction as promised.

The owner was extremely difficult to communicate with and refuses to accept any responsibility. She claims that the buttercream frosting melted because my venue, which has hosted thousands of events, put the cake table too close to the radiant heat. In photos you can see that the buttercream frosting is not at all melted, but rather the internal structure of the cake collapsed. The owner refused to admit this and insisted that the cake melted, which is untrue, as confirmed by my venue. She refunded us 13%, but that was agreed upon before I realized we were overcharged. She became very unprofessional and accusatory. I would strongly caution anyone from purchasing a cake from Shancakes.

Profile Picture Shannon, 5/13/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My daughter's BEAUTIFUL cake was created by the talented Shannon Sylvia, owner of Shancakes in Leominster, MA.
I gave Shannon a picture my daughter's "two & fabulous" birthday outfit and asked her to create a cake that matches the outfit. Well, her cake was perfect!! I didn't even want to touch it. But, it not only looked fabulous...it tasted great too! I mean, who doesn't want cake and eat it too?! I've tried other local bakeries and specialty shops but not one of them compares to Shancakes! Shannon went above and beyond my expectations with a very intuitive and emotional touch added to the cake. My sister, Crystal, passed away six years ago. She never met my daughter. Shannon added gorgeous crystals to my daughter's cake so that we would have a little bit of Crystal with us at the party. That special touch was so thoughtful of her! I didn't ask...it was her intuitive touch that just can't be matched!
She doesn't know it yet, but she has 3 more orders headed her way for my sons' birthdays and my step-daughter's college graduation!!
Shancakes is simply the BEST! I will never go anywhere else!!

Profile Picture Terri, 3/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Invitations, Wedding Cake

Shannon is an absolute doll!! My wedding cake came out amazing and beautiful!!! All my guests raved about how awesome the cake was. And the cake was extremely moist and delicious. I have had other products that she has made I her bakery, and they were top notch!!

Profile Picture Bonnie, 3/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Shancakes was very accommodating with a request for a very last minute event, I only had 1 1/2 weeks to get a cake and could not have been anymore happy with the design, taste and wonderful service we received.

Profile Picture Jodi , 3/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Recently had my daughters princess tea party at Shancakes and it was a hit. The staff at Shancakes mader sure every last detial was perfect and made her feel really special. Everything was great and the decor was superb. My daughter was so happy she told me it was the best party ever!

Profile Picture Amaryllis, 2/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Feel secure in this choice. Shannon is lovely to do business with.

Profile Picture Elizabeth ( Betty ), 1/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Invitations

I had a fantastic experience with Shannon and the staff at Shancakes! They handled the cupcakes, cookies and favors for my October 8, 2016 wedding. I’ve heard amazing feedback from all of my guests on how delicious the desserts were and the bride and groom Oreo pop favors were a HUGE hit! I would highly recommend Shancakes for your wedding! She didn’t miss a single detail.

Profile Picture Shannon, 10/8/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Shannon was SO wonderful to work with when discussing both a cake I found for her to design on Etsy and discussing wedding invitations. Her insight and creativity is amazing and she has a very large assortment of invitation books to peruse to pick the right one. All the guests at the shower were also amazed at her cake pops - so delicious! Thank you so much for everything Shannon!!!!

Profile Picture Cynthia, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Invitations, Wedding Cake

it was difficult to find a bakery that would make a vegan cake for our wedding at a reasonable price, until we met with Shannon! She made the most delicious cake for our wedding and the guests loved it. We also had some of her cakepops handed out as favors and guests were raving about how good they were. Not only did everything taste good, but they were gorgeous!

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We used Shancakes for a corporate event. They were creative and helped us get to the perfect end product!

Profile Picture User7516553, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Shancakes did an amazing job on our cake, it was exactly what we were looking for, and the cake itself was absolutely the most delicious cake I have ever had!

Profile Picture Irene, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Invitations
4.7

Great tasting cakes. Friendly and accommodating.

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/8/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Shannon is more than a baker. Her products are top notch but her creative and artistic talent help take the product to the next level. We were delighted with not only the taste of our wedding cake but also the presentation. The weather was a bit warmer than Shannon would have like so she made a small tweak to keep our cake in good shape. We were VERY pleased with the quality and the service provided and highly recommend Shancakes.

Profile Picture User7007440, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Shancakes was the perfect place to make wedding cake dreams come true! The owner was extremely helpful and open to any ideas I had. The bakery was inviting and the tasting was delicious!

Profile Picture User5094598, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My wedding cake was so good! It is all everyone talks about! She was able to capture the exact design I wanted for my wedding cake. My husband who hate cake loved our wedding cake.

I will definitely be calling her for my one year anniversary, my children's birthday cakes (one day) and any other special event!

Thank you so much for making such a beautiful cake for my wedding!

Profile Picture Genesis, 9/26/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cakes were delicious! Shannon made our wedding cake planning super easy. We had ideas but didn't quite have the vision. At our cake tasting, we were able to enjoy some great samples and discuss what we were thinking of. We left with an idea of what we wanted and full confidence that Shannon would be able to execute. Payment and delivery were smooth. When the two wedding cakes came out at the reception we were blown away. They were better than what we imagined and our guests were impressed by the creativity and how well the cake themes represented both my husband and I. Would highly recommend Shancakes! Hint: the dark chocolate fudge cake with peanut butter frosting is to die for!

Profile Picture Cecelia, 7/3/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

They were more than accommodating for our cupcake pickup and opened on a day they were closed for us to get our order! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Kate, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
This review is currently being verified.

Our first cake venue burn down about two months before the wedding. So we had to start looking for a new venue. We found Shancakes in Leominster ma. Shannon made welcome us right off. Our tasting was a month before the wedding since the only time we would be in town since we leave in CO. She gave us alot of suggestion and had no problem having only a month to prepare for the wedding. She made sure my husband and I was not stress out. If we email her she would email us right back since she knew it was the only way we could get in contact with her with the strange hours I work. The night before the wedding she wanted to make sure everything was perfect. So not assuming she called and ask. Which I greatly appreciated since I am a type A person and like everything perfect. She a great vendor to work with. She knows what she talking about and wont be regret that you pick her.

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/27/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I reached out to 6 bakeries when I started the search for my wedding cake vendor. Most emailed a generic response with pricing and that was all. Shannon at Shancakes was the only one to respond with interest and enthusiasm. She executed our 11 cake wedding plan perfectly! We had 11 different cakes, different flavors, designs, styles, all perfect. She took our personal interests and style into account when designing the cakes. Each cake was original, and the best part, perfectly cooked and incredibly delicious. Our cake table was a huge hit! Thank You Shancakes for making the process not only easy but enjoyable.

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was totally coordinated via email due to the fact that we live out of State. Shannon created the perfect "medieval" cake to compliment our themed wedding in the woods. The cake was beautiful, of the highest quality, delicious, and hand delivered personally. We hit the "jackpot" when we found SHANCAKES!

Profile Picture Melody, 6/7/14, 1 Review