Shancakes Reviews

40 | Leominster, MA

40 Reviews for Shancakes

al · event on 03/06/2018

Awesome, delicious, always fresh.

Sent on 03/28/2018

Sean · Married on 09/01/2017

Legitimately the best tasting cake I've ever had!

Sent on 03/29/2018

Rod · Married on 07/15/2017

Nice people that work hard to make your special day perfect!

Sent on 03/28/2018

Kathryn · Married on 06/02/2017

Shannon came highly recommended and I was very pleased working with her. My invitations are beautiful

Sent on 04/16/2017

Terri · Married on 03/21/2017

My daughter's BEAUTIFUL cake was created by the talented Shannon Sylvia, owner of Shancakes in Leominster, MA.
    I gave Shannon a picture my daughter's "two & fabulous" birthday outfit and asked her to create a cake that matches the outfit. Well, her cake was perfect!! I didn't even want to touch it. But, it not only looked fabulous...it tasted great too! I mean, who doesn't want cake and eat it too?! I've tried other local bakeries and specialty shops but not one of them compares to Shancakes! Shannon went above and beyond my expectations with a very intuitive and emotional touch added to the cake. My sister, Crystal, passed away six years ago. She never met my daughter. Shannon added gorgeous crystals to my daughter's cake so that we would have a little bit of Crystal with us at the party. That special touch was so thoughtful of her! I didn't ask...it was her intuitive touch that just can't be matched!
    She doesn't know it yet, but she has 3 more orders headed her way for my sons' birthdays and my step-daughter's college graduation!!
    Shancakes is simply the BEST! I will never go anywhere else!!

Sent on 03/28/2017

Bonnie · Married on 03/04/2017

Shannon is an absolute doll!! My wedding cake came out amazing and beautiful!!! All my guests raved about how awesome the cake was. And the cake was extremely moist and delicious. I have had other products that she has made I her bakery, and they were top notch!!

Sent on 03/23/2017

Jodi · Married on 03/04/2017

Shancakes was very accommodating with a request for a very last minute event, I only had 1 1/2 weeks to get a cake and could not have been anymore happy with the design, taste and wonderful service we received.

Sent on 03/30/2017

Elizabeth ( Betty ) · Married on 01/01/2017

Feel secure in this choice. Shannon is lovely to do business with.

Sent on 12/14/2016

Shannon · Married on 10/08/2016

I had a fantastic experience with Shannon and the staff at Shancakes! They handled the cupcakes, cookies and favors for my October 8, 2016 wedding. I’ve heard amazing feedback from all of my guests on how delicious the desserts were and the bride and groom Oreo pop favors were a HUGE hit! I would highly recommend Shancakes for your wedding! She didn’t miss a single detail.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Cynthia · Married on 10/01/2016

Shannon was SO wonderful to work with when discussing both a cake I found for her to design on Etsy and discussing wedding invitations. Her insight and creativity is amazing and she has a very large assortment of invitation books to peruse to pick the right one. All the guests at the shower were also amazed at her cake pops - so delicious! Thank you so much for everything Shannon!!!!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Melissa · Married on 09/17/2016

it was difficult to find a bakery that would make a vegan cake for our wedding at a reasonable price, until we met with Shannon! She made the most delicious cake for our wedding and the guests loved it. We also had some of her cakepops handed out as favors and guests were raving about how good they were. Not only did everything taste good, but they were gorgeous!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Shancakes's reply:

Melissa is was such a pleasure working with you both. Your venue was absolutely gorgeous, well done and congratulations to you!
  • I

Irene · Married on 07/09/2016

Shancakes did an amazing job on our cake, it was exactly what we were looking for, and the cake itself was absolutely the most delicious cake I have ever had!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Michael · Married on 07/03/2016

Shannon is more than a baker. Her products are top notch but her creative and artistic talent help take the product to the next level. We were delighted with not only the taste of our wedding cake but also the presentation. The weather was a bit warmer than Shannon would have like so she made a small tweak to keep our cake in good shape. We were VERY pleased with the quality and the service provided and highly recommend Shancakes.

Sent on 07/25/2016
  • User7032329 · event on 06/19/2016

Shannon did a FANTASTIC job on my son's Big Brother birthday cake! It was a bit complicated and it came out better than expected! The cake was delicious too! My son and his friends loved it, I would highly recommend Shancakes!

Sent on 08/01/2016

Shancakes was the perfect place to make wedding cake dreams come true! The owner was extremely helpful and open to any ideas I had. The bakery was inviting and the tasting was delicious!

Sent on 05/20/2015

Joyce · event on 05/28/2016

Fresh, high quality baked goods, flavors are rich and vibrant! Lemon and Strawberry cupcakes taste like Lemon or Strawberry, not just hint at it. Oh and the icing is flavored too! Biscotti, scones and whoopie pies are fabulous!!!!

Sent on 07/25/2016

Genesis · Married on 09/26/2015

My wedding cake was so good! It is all everyone talks about! She was able to capture the exact design I wanted for my wedding cake. My husband who hate cake loved our wedding cake.

I will definitely be calling her for my one year anniversary, my children's birthday cakes (one day) and any other special event!

Thank you so much for making such a beautiful cake for my wedding!

Sent on 01/11/2016

Shancakes's reply:

Genesis it was a pleasure to work with you, I am so pleased you liked your exotic cake flavors. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your special day, congratulations!

Cecelia · Married on 07/03/2015

The cakes were delicious! Shannon made our wedding cake planning super easy. We had ideas but didn't quite have the vision. At our cake tasting, we were able to enjoy some great samples and discuss what we were thinking of. We left with an idea of what we wanted and full confidence that Shannon would be able to execute. Payment and delivery were smooth. When the two wedding cakes came out at the reception we were blown away. They were better than what we imagined and our guests were impressed by the creativity and how well the cake themes represented both my husband and I. Would highly recommend Shancakes! Hint: the dark chocolate fudge cake with peanut butter frosting is to die for!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Shancakes's reply:

Awww Cecelia I am so happy you liked the cakes!!! Boy was it a scorcher that day... chocolate Peanut butter, what were we thinking? Congratulation to the two of you, I was more than honored to be a part of your special day with two cakes in hand :)

Kate · Married on 06/13/2015

They were more than accommodating for our cupcake pickup and opened on a day they were closed for us to get our order! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Chris · event on 03/27/2015

I came to Shancakes and needed a cake in two days, Shannon was nothing but welcoming and happy to help. I ordered a marble cake with chocolate ganache frosting, simply amazing!! She gets 5 stars from me, thanks Shannon!!

Sent on 04/03/2015

Pam · event on 03/21/2015

We were very pleased with the creativeness and flavor of my daughters baby shower cake. Our guest were impressed with Shannon's work.

We will definitely use her again!

Sent on 04/04/2015

Victoria · event on 02/14/2015

Shannon is fantastic to work with and her goodies are delish! I ordered cookies for Valentines Day and had them mailed to me in PA. Not only were they on time even though at the time the Boston area was experiencing some major weather but they came to us completely intact and delicious!

Sent on 04/03/2015

Laura · event on 10/19/2014

Any idea can be brought to creative realization through the artist and delicious skills of Shancakes! I never knew cake could be so much more.

Sent on 10/23/2014

Michael · event on 09/29/2014

Shancakes took our project ideas and developed a fantastic design and presentation for our 50th celebration. The delivery was on time and the cake also tasted great!
    Our 300 guests from the science community continually commented on the cake.
    Shannon was professional throughout the whole project and was a pleasure
    to deal with.

Sent on 10/23/2014
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/27/2014

Our first cake venue burn down about two months before the wedding. So we had to start looking for a new venue. We found Shancakes in Leominster ma. Shannon made welcome us right off. Our tasting was a month before the wedding since the only time we would be in town since we leave in CO. She gave us alot of suggestion and had no problem having only a month to prepare for the wedding. She made sure my husband and I was not stress out. If we email her she would email us right back since she knew it was the only way we could get in contact with her with the strange hours I work. The night before the wedding she wanted to make sure everything was perfect. So not assuming she called and ask. Which I greatly appreciated since I am a type A person and like everything perfect. She a great vendor to work with. She knows what she talking about and wont be regret that you pick her.

Sent on 10/25/2014