Shancakes Reviews

40 | Leominster, MA

40 Reviews for Shancakes

Sean · Married on 09/01/2017

Legitimately the best tasting cake I've ever had!

Rod · Married on 07/15/2017

Nice people that work hard to make your special day perfect!

Kathryn · Married on 06/02/2017

Shannon came highly recommended and I was very pleased working with her. My invitations are beautiful

Terri · Married on 03/21/2017

My daughter's BEAUTIFUL cake was created by the talented Shannon Sylvia, owner of Shancakes in Leominster, MA.
    I gave Shannon a picture my daughter's "two & fabulous" birthday outfit and asked her to create a cake that matches the outfit. Well, her cake was perfect!! I didn't even want to touch it. But, it not only looked fabulous...it tasted great too! I mean, who doesn't want cake and eat it too?! I've tried other local bakeries and specialty shops but not one of them compares to Shancakes! Shannon went above and beyond my expectations with a very intuitive and emotional touch added to the cake. My sister, Crystal, passed away six years ago. She never met my daughter. Shannon added gorgeous crystals to my daughter's cake so that we would have a little bit of Crystal with us at the party. That special touch was so thoughtful of her! I didn't ask...it was her intuitive touch that just can't be matched!
    She doesn't know it yet, but she has 3 more orders headed her way for my sons' birthdays and my step-daughter's college graduation!!
    Shancakes is simply the BEST! I will never go anywhere else!!

Bonnie · Married on 03/04/2017

Shannon is an absolute doll!! My wedding cake came out amazing and beautiful!!! All my guests raved about how awesome the cake was. And the cake was extremely moist and delicious. I have had other products that she has made I her bakery, and they were top notch!!

Jodi · Married on 03/04/2017

Shancakes was very accommodating with a request for a very last minute event, I only had 1 1/2 weeks to get a cake and could not have been anymore happy with the design, taste and wonderful service we received.

Elizabeth ( Betty ) · Married on 01/01/2017

Feel secure in this choice. Shannon is lovely to do business with.

Shannon · Married on 10/08/2016

I had a fantastic experience with Shannon and the staff at Shancakes! They handled the cupcakes, cookies and favors for my October 8, 2016 wedding. I’ve heard amazing feedback from all of my guests on how delicious the desserts were and the bride and groom Oreo pop favors were a HUGE hit! I would highly recommend Shancakes for your wedding! She didn’t miss a single detail.

Cynthia · Married on 10/01/2016

Shannon was SO wonderful to work with when discussing both a cake I found for her to design on Etsy and discussing wedding invitations. Her insight and creativity is amazing and she has a very large assortment of invitation books to peruse to pick the right one. All the guests at the shower were also amazed at her cake pops - so delicious! Thank you so much for everything Shannon!!!!

Melissa · Married on 09/17/2016

it was difficult to find a bakery that would make a vegan cake for our wedding at a reasonable price, until we met with Shannon! She made the most delicious cake for our wedding and the guests loved it. We also had some of her cakepops handed out as favors and guests were raving about how good they were. Not only did everything taste good, but they were gorgeous!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Shancakes's reply:

Melissa is was such a pleasure working with you both. Your venue was absolutely gorgeous, well done and congratulations to you!
  • I

Irene · Married on 07/09/2016

Shancakes did an amazing job on our cake, it was exactly what we were looking for, and the cake itself was absolutely the most delicious cake I have ever had!

Michael · Married on 07/03/2016

Shannon is more than a baker. Her products are top notch but her creative and artistic talent help take the product to the next level. We were delighted with not only the taste of our wedding cake but also the presentation. The weather was a bit warmer than Shannon would have like so she made a small tweak to keep our cake in good shape. We were VERY pleased with the quality and the service provided and highly recommend Shancakes.

Shancakes was the perfect place to make wedding cake dreams come true! The owner was extremely helpful and open to any ideas I had. The bakery was inviting and the tasting was delicious!

Genesis · Married on 09/26/2015

My wedding cake was so good! It is all everyone talks about! She was able to capture the exact design I wanted for my wedding cake. My husband who hate cake loved our wedding cake.

I will definitely be calling her for my one year anniversary, my children's birthday cakes (one day) and any other special event!

Thank you so much for making such a beautiful cake for my wedding!

Sent on 01/11/2016

Shancakes's reply:

Genesis it was a pleasure to work with you, I am so pleased you liked your exotic cake flavors. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your special day, congratulations!

Cecelia · Married on 07/03/2015

The cakes were delicious! Shannon made our wedding cake planning super easy. We had ideas but didn't quite have the vision. At our cake tasting, we were able to enjoy some great samples and discuss what we were thinking of. We left with an idea of what we wanted and full confidence that Shannon would be able to execute. Payment and delivery were smooth. When the two wedding cakes came out at the reception we were blown away. They were better than what we imagined and our guests were impressed by the creativity and how well the cake themes represented both my husband and I. Would highly recommend Shancakes! Hint: the dark chocolate fudge cake with peanut butter frosting is to die for!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Shancakes's reply:

Awww Cecelia I am so happy you liked the cakes!!! Boy was it a scorcher that day... chocolate Peanut butter, what were we thinking? Congratulation to the two of you, I was more than honored to be a part of your special day with two cakes in hand :)

Kate · Married on 06/13/2015

They were more than accommodating for our cupcake pickup and opened on a day they were closed for us to get our order! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/20/2015

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/27/2014

Our first cake venue burn down about two months before the wedding. So we had to start looking for a new venue. We found Shancakes in Leominster ma. Shannon made welcome us right off. Our tasting was a month before the wedding since the only time we would be in town since we leave in CO. She gave us alot of suggestion and had no problem having only a month to prepare for the wedding. She made sure my husband and I was not stress out. If we email her she would email us right back since she knew it was the only way we could get in contact with her with the strange hours I work. The night before the wedding she wanted to make sure everything was perfect. So not assuming she called and ask. Which I greatly appreciated since I am a type A person and like everything perfect. She a great vendor to work with. She knows what she talking about and wont be regret that you pick her.

Sarah · Married on 07/26/2014

I reached out to 6 bakeries when I started the search for my wedding cake vendor. Most emailed a generic response with pricing and that was all. Shannon at Shancakes was the only one to respond with interest and enthusiasm. She executed our 11 cake wedding plan perfectly! We had 11 different cakes, different flavors, designs, styles, all perfect. She took our personal interests and style into account when designing the cakes. Each cake was original, and the best part, perfectly cooked and incredibly delicious. Our cake table was a huge hit! Thank You Shancakes for making the process not only easy but enjoyable.

Sent on 08/06/2014

Shancakes's reply:

Sarah you were amazing to work with, the flexibility you gave me for designs and flavors was refreshing - it was brain food that week! Congratulations to you and Adam and Jayce, a beautiful family!

Melody · Married on 06/07/2014

Our wedding cake was totally coordinated via email due to the fact that we live out of State. Shannon created the perfect "medieval" cake to compliment our themed wedding in the woods. The cake was beautiful, of the highest quality, delicious, and hand delivered personally. We hit the "jackpot" when we found SHANCAKES!

Joyce · event on: 05/28/2016

Fresh, high quality baked goods, flavors are rich and vibrant! Lemon and Strawberry cupcakes taste like Lemon or Strawberry, not just hint at it. Oh and the icing is flavored too! Biscotti, scones and whoopie pies are fabulous!!!!

• User7032329 · event on: 06/19/2016

Shannon did a FANTASTIC job on my son's Big Brother birthday cake! It was a bit complicated and it came out better than expected! The cake was delicious too! My son and his friends loved it, I would highly recommend Shancakes!

al · event on: 03/06/2018

Awesome, delicious, always fresh.

Nicole · event on: 11/20/2013

I had cake pops made for my baby shower and they were delicious!! everyone raved about them for days later.

• User4157391 · event on: 05/10/2014

Shannon made a gender reveal cake for our party! It came out beautiful and delicious too! We will deffinately be using her in the future!

Heather · event on: 06/02/2014

I'm not sure when I have ever worked with a bakery and be able to give an idea that comes out so beautiful! So delighted with the cake, service and professionalism of Shancakes!!!

She is my go to bakery place!!!