Nearby Vendors to Consider

About The Icing on the Cake

The Icing on the Cake, 230 Adams Street, Newton, MA 617-969-1830

Please check out our new website  www.tiotc.com
We have been in business for 33 years!!!  We are the original Boston "Ace of Cakes" and "Cake Boss" When we started, there were no bakeries specializing in just cake. The Icing on the Cake was way ahead of it's time!!! Look at all the cake shows on T.V now.

We make amazing cakes that look great and taste even better.
We offer the personalized service you deserve.
We make wonderful buttercream and avoid using rolled fondant.....it's hard to cut and does not taste that great.

Come see what has made us best in Boston!!!!

Categories: Wedding Cake

Setup (19)
Cupcakes (7)
Gluten Free (3)
Kosher (1)

Used Icing on the cake for my daughters shower and wedding cakes. Worked with Paula who was so nice and helpful. The cakes were beautiful and more importantly delicious! People talked about the basket weave shower cake for weeks. The wedding cake was simple but elegant and beautiful. Thank you to everyone at "The icing on the cake" for making everything so easy and beautiful!!
Denise McKeown

Profile Picture denise, 5/5/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

TIOTC was our FAVORITE part of our wedding. From the day we did the tasting with Paula and experienced so many delicious flavors, we knew that this was the place to get our cake. We had a large wedding (~225 guests) and wanted a small ceremonial cake for cutting, and then sheet cakes in multiple flavors to serve our guest count. Paula was so accommodating in this! She helped us imagine the perfect design for our cake, and drew on a beautiful Boston skyline as part of our wedding theme. We got so many compliments on the cake and really only wish we could have eaten more!

Profile Picture Nikita, 4/27/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

My cake from The Icing on the Cake came with the package at my venue and boy am I happy it did. Paula organized a very comfortable and informative tasting with many flavor choices and a full book of her past work to gauge our likes/dislikes. My blue and silver evening in the city wedding was taken to the next level with a crisp white cake, with silver bling, and the skyline outlined across the center. Inside, my plain husband's taste of just chocolate or vanilla was taken to the next level when Paula suggested funfetti cake/frosting for one of the main layers. She organized the entire delivery with the venue and I was left to just eat cake! Many guests told me the worst part about the wedding was that they were not allowed to have two slices of cake, because it was SO good. Overall, Paula was the perfect baker to turn my big day into an edible treat for my friends and family.

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/21/18, 7 Reviews

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

1372277588860 1195067766265 icinglogo

Free Anniversary Cake!!!

Redeem In-Store
If you choose The Icing on the Cake, Newton, MA to make your wedding cake....have your photographer give us a photo of your wedding cake and we give you a gift certificatte for a free 1st. year anniversary cake!
#WWed2f2eb7ed2fb1b5

2 ENDORSEMENTS
Beautiful cakes, friendly and professional staff - doesn't get any better than that!

Terrific customer service with an attention to detail! They really take their time with their clients to ensure that the visit from beginning to end is all about the couple. Can't recommend them enough!

230 adams street, Newton, MA 02458   See On Map
617-969-1830 (phone) 617-969-5852 (fax)
Store hours: Tuesday - Friday 9am - 5pm / Saturdays 10am - 2pm / appointments during store hours and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday evenings and all day Saturday!