Rock Creek Ranch Event Center Reviews

36 | McKinney, TX

36 Reviews for Rock Creek Ranch Event Center

Leahlynreed · Married on 10/14/2017

This is the only venue we toured that really what you see is what you get. Everything was clearly laid out with no hidden fees or additional charges. Ronnie is fantastic and so easy going. It was a completely inclusive price and despite all the financial reasons for picking them, the venue itself is absolutely breathtaking. RCR is truly a dream come true and we signed the contract the very next day. I 100% recommend this venue to any bride looking for a natural and truly beautiful wedding. We couldn't be more excited to get married here.

Sent on 06/26/2016

Bridget · Married on 07/08/2017

My husband and I couldn’t be happier with our decision to have our wedding reception at Rock Creek Ranch. It was ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL and the perfect location. The barn is decorated wonderfully and the view is just to die for. The sunset was gorgeous over the pond/the field and was the absolute best setting for romantic just-married photographs. We’ve also heard from so many guests that our venue was the best. Ronnie (the owner) was the kindest, most gracious man. He made sure to answer every little question I had and gave us GREAT recommendations for food and DJ. On the day of, a few things went wrong (power went out a few hours before, for example) and Ronnie ensured we didn’t even know they happened!
    We are SO happy with Rock Creek Ranch and recommend it highly!!

Sent on 01/02/2018

Kyla · Married on 06/23/2017

I really enjoyed having my reception here at Rock Creek Ranch! Ronny and his staff were very accommodating. Plus, this venue is so well decorated that you don't really have to add many decorations. I loved this venue and my reception!!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Becky · Married on 05/27/2017

Ronnie and his wife and team were amazing from the get-go. Totally accommodating and legitimately felt like family through the whole process. All of our questions, comments and concerns were totally addressed and they took the edge off the bulk of wedding planning. Their "make yourselves at home" approach is what sold us on their venue and kept us and our families smiling through the whole wedding! Ronnie is a wonderful person and his venue is BEAUTIFUL! Our photographer told us "I could never shoot another wedding and be okay!" You can't beat the views. Definitely go check this place out!

Sent on 07/02/2017

Great guy. Has a great down to earth personality and is working with me around my busy schedule.

Sent on 11/11/2015

Jennifer · Married on 11/05/2016

Ronnie is one of the main reasons we booked this venue. We were absolutely speechless when we saw the venue. It was everything we wanted. A updated rustic venue. We wanted rustic not "falling apart." His team were extremely helpful and he calmed our worries. Unlike most venues, the hospitality was incredible. I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone. Our guest keep telling us how beautiful our wedding venue was. There is a reason this place has 5 stars. If you don't believe me go check it out for yourself :)

Sent on 11/09/2016

Ashley · Married on 05/13/2016

I can not say enough great things about this venue. Ronnie was an absolute pleasure to work with. We could not have imagined our wedding anywhere else.
    One of the many things that was great about this venue was that we had the venue at 8am the day of. Which was nice have early so we could set up and have all of our vendors there early as well.
    The area for the women to get ready is nice and big too. I had 10 bridesmaids and 3 vendors there for hair and makeup. There was plenty of room, mirrors and lighting.
    Everyone at RCR was amazing too. The security, bartenders and all staff were very friendly and helpful.
    I wish I could have my wedding all over again just to have as much fun as we did that day/night.

Sent on 05/27/2016

karie · Married on 03/12/2016

Ronnie and his team were wonderful! From the moment we went to visit the venue to our wedding day, they were easy going, flexible, and always willing to help, which made our big day that much less stressful. The day of my wedding forecast rain, and the team was very patient with me as I made my decisions as to have the ceremony indoors or outdoors. I decided to stick to an outdoor wedding, and I'm so happy I did because the perfect lighting with the backdrop of the pond and greenery was gorgeous. Rock Creek Ranch was above and beyond my expectations, and is great value for the perfect rustic wedding.

Sent on 05/11/2016

Rock Creek Ranch was the most perfect venue for a wedding ever! Outside, it is surrounded by beautiful rolling hills and a sparkling creek. Felt like I was in a 19th century landscape painting. Inside, it provides the most comfortable, amiable, welcoming sense of--"Yes---we are going to have a wonderful time here!" It has such a comfortable charm to it, and the layout made me feel there was a beating heart at the center of the space, so that all the guests were really part of the celebration. It was a relaxed and relaxing place to be, with lovely lighting, nice acoustics for the music and conversation, and a great dance floor! The weather was a bit rainy and steamy that day, but we were cool and comfortable throughout, even while dancing up a storm. There were charming, clean restrooms and dressing rooms for the bridal party. Although we were unable to use the outdoor wedding area due to excessive rain, we did rehearse there, and it was quite lovely, with ample seating and a heel-friendly walking path. Due to the rain, the wedding was changed to indoors--this change was made smoothly and easily, and the wedding came off beautifully indoors. The large covered patio out back can easily accommodate quite a few guests who would like to step outside, even in the rain. Throughout the whole event, Ronnie was the calm, cool presence who took care of all of our venue needs, and was friendly and personable to one and all. He was incredibly flexible and easy to work with. I highly recommend Rock Creek Ranch as a wedding venue--I felt that this venue provided a uniquely charming and comfortable ambiance that would be hard to find elsewhere.

Sent on 06/12/2015

Lauren · Married on 05/30/2015

We had our wedding at Rock Creek Ranch in May 2015 and it was everything we had ever dreamed of. Ronnie, the venue manager, is an angel of a man who goes above and beyond to help at all times. You will never catch him not smiling! He made the planning process so relaxing and enjoyable, and he always stands up for his brides! I will highly recommend Rock Creek Ranch to everyone I meet.

Sent on 07/06/2015

Trystan · Married on 01/10/2015

This venue was beautiful and so perfect for what we were looking for and a great price with all that is included! Also, Ronnie and his crew were so great and helpful! He made sure everything was exactly what you wanted!! I'm so glad we chose this venue!!!

Sent on 05/04/2015

Kelly · Married on 11/14/2014

I can't say enough great things about the staff at Rock Creek Ranch Event Center. Ronnie & Kitty y'all are so great to your vendors. You host an event as if we were coming to your home. Always welcoming with just that little touch of southern charm! Thank you for taking care of this photog!! It's always appreciated!!

-Kelly with Blackall Photography

Sent on 11/15/2014

Melanie · Married on 09/27/2014

Ronnie, from the start he made us feel welcome and the place was absolutely stunning! He was behind the scenes every second and always answered the millions of questions I had. The ranch made for beautiful scenery. Best day of my life thanks to Ronnie and the ranch. God bless!

Sent on 10/17/2014

Joni · Married on 09/05/2014

We wanted something Fun & Rustic, easy to get to via the Dallas North Tollway, George Bush, & 75 as our family is huge. Rock Creek Ranch was JUST PERFECT when we checked it out. Ronnie Burnside & his crew helped us out with the vendors, with the time & use of his facility so that we had plenty of time to decorate, helped us with the timeline of the event & made us feel welcomed & special.
    I cannot say enough about how perfect our wedding was because of the special treatment we received.
    Thank you Ronnie & your crew for helping make this the most perfect day for our daughter & her husband!

Sent on 11/07/2014

Roxana · Married on 07/26/2014

I highly recommend this venue. It is an amazing place for any kind of event. Romney is an amazing person. He made everything possible on my wedding venue set up. He truly treated me like a princess. He just couldn't say no to everything I requested to be at my venue. Romney thank you so much for all the help your wife and you provided.

Sent on 08/07/2014

Kristin · Married on 05/24/2014

We had our ceremony and reception at Rock Creek Ranch on 5/24/2014. We are SO happy that we chose Rock Creek for our wedding venue. Besides the fact that we could bring in our own food and our own alcohol, which was a huge factor for us, the venue had plenty of space which was also important for the size of our wedding. Ronnie was such a pleasure to work with. He was very prompt with answering our returning calls and making us feel at ease. He's very flexible, easy to work with, and concerned about making sure the bride is happy with everything. Since the ceremony was outside, he made us feel comfortable knowing he had a back up plan in place in case the weather didn't cooperate and wanted to make sure we were happy with Plan B. Luckily, we didn't have to use it. The outdoor ceremony space is beautiful with the lake in the background and trees behind the pergola. We had SO many guests comment on what a spectacular venue it was. It fit our rustic elegance them perfectly and there was plenty of space for everyone to eat, mingle, dance, etc. Ronnie went above and beyond to make sure we were happy with the day. It was also great having ALL day to set up for the event, and not just a few hours. We didn't have a wedding planner, so that was a huge help for my Mom and family. Ronnie's crew (bartenders, security, other staff) were also so friendly and happy to help however they could. I would recommend this venue to any of my friends. We had a great experience!! Thank you Ronnie for making our wedding so enjoyable!-- Kristin and Matt Lankford and Janis Heider :-)

Sent on 07/16/2014

Samantha · Married on 04/26/2014

I could not have picked a better place to have my wedding! Ronnie was great to work with and so easy going. The place was so beautiful and we got so many compliments.

Sent on 04/30/2014

Hien · Married on 04/19/2014

We had an amazing experience at Rock Creek Ranch! The venue was beautiful inside and out.The Barn was rustic and charming, the décor Ronnie provided made our diy decorating a super easy! I'm not saying it was effortless but it it definatly save us a lot of time and
    money. The outside was even better! I
    absolutely loved greenery, the lake, and scenic hilly background. It was absolutely gorgeous all
    on its own. If I had to chose all over again, with out a doubt I'd choose RCR. Not just for the venue but for the amazing staff! Ronnie and his crew always made me feel comfortable and at
    ease. They were very helpful with setting up/breaking down. I also thought his pricing was
    fair compared to many other venues.
    I definitely reccomend a bit of signage for guest visability. With that being said, I'd conduct business with great folks again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 05/27/2014

Elaine · Married on 03/15/2014

Rockcreek was the perfect venue for my daughter's March wedding! The grounds are beautiful and the event center is very large and already decorated. We had the facility from 8am-1am which gave us ample time for table decorations, adding our own finishing touches and taking pictures before and after the ceremony.

We were not limited to a caterer's list. We had a fantastic meal provided by a local caterer that we chose on our own. The acoustics were great, we danced the night away!!! There was even a decorated popcorn bar set up with tubs for different flavors for guests to bag up and take as favors!!

Our thanks to Ronny who was kind, caring and accommodated our every need and whim (which there were many)!!! His whole staff was amazing! Some of our guests commented that it was the best wedding they had ever been to! We highly recommend Rockcreek for a wonderful wedding experience!!!!

Sent on 07/06/2014

Julie · Married on 07/27/2013

EVERYTHING was fantastic. Stacy was on top of everything, even things that we didn't think of. Many of our guests commented on how awesome Rock Creek Ranch was and that it was the perfect place for the rustic look that we wanted.

Loved that the reception was already perfectly decorated and we only needed to take care of the decor for the tables.

Would HIGHLY recommend Stacy and Rock Creek Ranch!!!

Sent on 08/14/2013

John · Married on 06/16/2013

They took a personal interest in us, we didn't feel we were just another client that was using the facility. We did not have an "official" wedding coordinator and Stacy stepped in with ideas that helped make our daughter's wedding a special time for the entire family.

The setting was WONDERFUL!

Sent on 08/20/2013

Donna · event on: 06/09/2013

We had our 40th class reunion at Rock Creek Ranch. The venue was perfect! Stacy and Ronnie did an awesome job in helping us coordinate everything. Totally accommodating to our needs. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Sent on 08/07/2013

Rock Creek Ranch and the staff was absolutely the perfect venue for our daughters wedding! Stacey and Ronnie went out of their way to accommodate us, work with our vendors and make everything perfect.

Sent on 08/14/2013

Malorie · Married on 04/20/2013

Beautiful Venue! The staff of was very helpful and friendly. It is easy to get to and very open.

Sent on 05/17/2013

Allison · Married on 04/13/2013

Rock Creek Ranch was an amazing venue! I hardly had to buy any decor because of everything that the venue already has to offer. I was so pleased with all of the help I recieved from the staff, everything I requested was taking care of excatly as I asked. All of the staff were so friendly. Rock Creek Ranch made my dream wedding a reality. I would recommend this venue again and again.

Sent on 08/12/2013