Photography by Laura Reviews

14 | Charlottesville, VA

14 Reviews for Photography by Laura

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Katie · Married on 06/11/2011

Buttercups Floral Design is outstanding! Laura Larrick Walker was a pleasure to work with and extremely helpful and accommodating. Originally, we had intended to do the flowers ourselves, but when we realized how much work it would be, we started to look for reasonable florists. We wanted a very casual but elegant wedding, and Laura completely understood the look and feel we were going for-- small, understated centerpieces, hanging chair bouquets, and gorgeous altar arrangements for our ceremony. Though based in Leesburg, VA, she traveled to our venue in Chevy Chase, MD to deliver the beautiful flowers.

She is very responsive and easy-going and an absolute steal for her competitive rates. Whereas I found most other florists to be excessively expensive, Laura's value for her prices is outstanding-- I would give her 10 stars if weddingwire allowed me to!

Sent on 06/23/2011

Photography by Laura's reply:

this belongs on buttercups floral of va.

Christina · Married on 03/12/2011

Laura did an amazing job on our wedding pictures! She was very efficient and made the whole process painless (everyone says that taking all of the photos are the worst part of the wedding, however, my friends were amazed at how quick it went. She needed everyone else for a total of 15 minutes tops which included both the ceremony and reception sites...yes, she's that good!). She also had a great deal going at the time we found her so her prices were amazing and we loved how laid back and fun she was. We loved having her around on the wedding day and couldn't be happier! Not only would we recommend her to anyone, but we will hopefully get the chance to use her again!

Sent on 05/18/2011

Min · Married on 01/15/2011

Laura did wedding photos at our hotel and she was simply amazing. She was very friendly and relaxed, yet very professional in taking her pictures. She knew exactly what we needed to accomplish in a short period of time and gave us recommendations for the best quality photos. She will be the first to be recommended on our preferred vendor list. Thank you again Laura for your extra-ordinary work!!

Sent on 01/17/2011

Photography by Laura's reply:

Thanks So Much! I love your venue too, it is so cool and trendy there. It also rocks that you are pet friendly!!!

Kate · Married on 08/07/2010

Laura was, by far, my favorite wedding vendor! She was all around cheerful, responsive, professional, and easy to work with. She was on top of everything and would call me to check in and make sure that we had everything we needed. She was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. I just got married last weekend and I cannot wait to see my photos. I know that they will be perfect and that I will treasure them for years to come. Thank you Laura! You were the absolute best!!!!

Sent on 08/16/2010
  • xpebblesx_1999

Tessa-Ann · Married on 06/11/2010

My husband and I are so happy that we chose Laura as our photographer. Not only was her prices affordable, but she was very professional. She was also very responsive. If I left her a message our sent her an email she would get back to me very quickly. The photos that she took were so amazing. My husband and I hate taking pictures because we hate having to pose, but she made it so much fun and she caught us in photos when we didn't realize it and that made it even more special. I would recommend Laura to anyone looking for a photographer.

Sent on 07/04/2010

Jessica · Married on 06/20/2009

Laura was great, she made sure to be there for the whole event, even the rehearsal, and before leaving made sure we had all the pictures we wanted. The pictures turned out beautiful. It was great to have her assitant there as well so that all opportunities for pictures were taken care of. She was completely willing to take all of our ideas and go with them. I feel we got more than a good value with her.

Sent on 08/03/2009

Photography by Laura's reply:

Thanks Jessica, I just put this on my website. It makes me feel great that your liked your photos.

Susan · Married on 08/09/2008

There are so many tasks involved in planning a wedding and all of those tasks are so important to the big day being a success. Then comes the "Big Event" and capturing all of the excitement and special moments are critical.
    This is where Laura came in. While David and I were preparing to celebrate the day with our family & friends. Laura was busy capturing those special moments for us to relive the day each and every day for the rest of our lives. We found many shots in our proofs where we didn't even know she was taking our picture. Pictures of us inside a tent with our heads together just chatting. Pictures of David sharing a moment with a long time friend. And the list goes on and on. Laura is completely professional and non-intrusive. She blends into the background but somehow captures the best pictures.
    She took various elements of the day and staged specific pictures which gave us very interesting shots that we would have never thought of. Her creativity is amazing!
    Her skills in developing the photos showed us another aspect to Laura's creativity. We have black & white shots with a hint of color. One in particular was a black and white of us with my flowers in color. How she manages to create a shot which is blurred but is clearly focused on an item just proves we chose the perfect person to capture our Wedding Day.
    Relax, do yourself a favor and leave the picture taking to Laura."

Sent on 10/06/2008

Amanda · Married on 05/10/2008

I would recommend Laura Larrick Studios to anyone looking for great photography at a reasonable price. They were amazing about making sure everyone knew where to go and got great pictures of family and friends. Also, very unique pictures.

Sent on 07/12/2008
  • Heathrd311

Heather · Married on 02/27/2010

Laura captured fabulous memories of our wedding for us! Laura photographed every aspect of our wedding ceremony and reception. It seemed like she was everywhere at once! And I was able to see things I missed during the reception! Laura provides excellent photos and is very reasonably priced.

Sent on 06/30/2010

Photography by Laura's reply:

Thanks Heather! I really enjoyed working with you.
  • Chrissytina119

Christina · Married on 01/02/2010

Laura is a young photographer with lots of energy. She makes you feel comfortable and at ease upon meeting her and we knew right away we would hire her. She is quick and responsive with emails and phone calls and always on time to a meeting. It was nice that she had previously done some shots at our ceremony and reception sites. That way she already had some locations scouted out. She was a little underdressed for the occasion. She was able to capture all the pictures we asked for and even confirmed this with us personally before leaving. Her prices are very reasonable and she even offered a military discount and a free canvas print.

Sent on 01/04/2010

Photography by Laura's reply:

Thank you. I had fun at your wedding.

Debbie · Married on 10/08/2005

Working with Laura Larrick was easy and professional. She knew exactly what I was looking for in wedding photos. She captured everything I asked for and much more. The photos are timeless and perfect. On a day you don't want to leave anything up to chance, I couldn't have found for a better fit in wedding photographer.

Sent on 03/25/2008

sarah · Married on 04/14/2007

We met with Laura in November of 2006 to talk about our wedding. She met us at our home, which was very nice!! She had wonderful prices for the amount/ quality of pictures offered. During the wedding she was great very calm and professional. We got our pictures in about 3 weeks and they were wonderful. I would totally recommend her.

Sent on 03/05/2008

Heather · Married on 08/25/2007

3.5

My Husband and I got married in Aug. of 2007. We had Laura as our photographer and she was great. Fun and full of personality, Good posing tips. Sometimes it will take her a day or two to get back with you on a phone call. I got my pictures on time though. I am happy with my wedding pictures overall.

Sent on 03/10/2008
  • Lacedimples

Lacey · Married on 07/09/2011

0.4
      2.0
      0.5
      0.0

My husband and I are extremely disappointed with Laura's services! We ARE not critical people and took everything in stride when it came to our wedding! We enjoyed working with Laura on our wedding day with a couple exceptions: we paid for an extra photographer for another point of view; that photographer, however, followed Laura around. While we were getting our after pictures taken, the 2nd photographer rode on the golf cart instead of staying at cocktail hour and taking pictures. Also, Laura did NOT take the pictures that we asked for on our "must have" list! After the wedding, it was nearly impossible to get our photos from Laura. She claimed to have mailed the CDs twice, but neither package made it to our house. When we finally got the CDs, we were disappointed with the pictures, as she did very little or no editing to them. It is now 5 months after our wedding and we still have no album. She quotes 3-4 weeks to get a proof to you... it has been 10 weeks and we still have no proof. Considering the money we paid, we are NOT receiving the service we deserve! We would NOT recommend her services to anyone! :(

Sent on 12/06/2011