Karen Gage Photography

Richmond, VA View map
$2,700 Most Popular Price

$2,700 Most Popular Price

Karen Gage is a Richmond, Virginia-based photographer who specializes in weddings and portraits. Her photography style (and personality) is bright and bold. Karen loves greens and atmosphere. Your images will reflect your day with creative and quality photographs. She prides herself on candid captures but understands the importance of an experienced and trustworthy professional for those major moments. Karen’s background includes time as a portrait studio manager and 8 years as a high school photography teacher. In 2016 she began photographing full time. As a wedding photographer, her work with Virginia Bride Magazine and other Richmond area publications allow her to pursue creative outlets and editorial photography while still working within the wedding scene. Karen’s career has truly been a pursuit of her passion and she looks forward to working with you on your special day!

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$800

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$2,700

Digital Files

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Destination / Travel
Engagement Shoot
One Event / Day
Second Shooter
Toning
Trash The Dress
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Save the Date

• Jillian
    Jillian F. Married on 09/24/2021

Karen is GREAT!

Karen did such a great job with our wedding! She went above and beyond and our pictures are beautiful!
  • Robbie
    Robbie J. Married on 11/09/2019

Karen is awesome!

If the photographer is important to your fiance(e), know that when we left our meeting with Karen, my fiance was very impressed and wanted to book her right away. I did too, of course, but it was nice to have his approval as well!

Karen is an awesome photographer! She takes great candid shots and also tells you exactly how to pose to get the best pictures possible. She is very organized and always replied to me in a timely fashion...and I had a lot of questions! She went above and beyond what was required in the contract.

She rearranged her schedule when the weather did not cooperate so that I could have my bridal portraits at UVA.

If you want quality photos that capture the essence of your relationship and of your wedding day, hire Karen!

My husband and I have found our family photographer for all of those happy moments to come in our marriage.

Karen Gage Photography's reply:

You guys are the absolute sweetest. I enjoyed working with you and your family immensely and hopefully we see each other in the future!
    -K
  • Leslie
    Leslie D. Married on 07/20/2019

Incredible!

Karen is the best! We were so lucky to book her for our July wedding in Charlottesville. Karen is professional, hilarious and most importantly and stellar photographer. We could not be happier with the photos she captured of our wedding. She knew what to do, where to be and we are forever grateful for the beautiful work she did. If you’re lucky enough to book Karen for your wedding, you won’t be sorry! Thank you, Karen!

Karen Gage Photography's reply:

You guys are the best!! Thank you so much for having me!! You’re wedding, friends and family are too much fun. Congrats again!!

Real Weddings

KAREN GAGE
KAREN GAGE
Owner/Lead Photographer

About me...

I grew up in central New York and was lucky enough as a kid to spend my summers on the legendary, St. Lawrence River. So after college when my then boyfriend (now husband) asked me to move to Richmond with him. I decided a place called the River City couldn't be that bad. I was right! Since 2006 we have called Richmond, VA home.

​My professional life began here when I accepted a studio photography position and within a year, was managing a successful, studio franchise. In my second year with the company I was approached to leave the studio and teach Photography at the high school level while still photographing (privately) on the side. I accepted that challenge in 2008 and loved every second of it for 8 years. My students were (are) amazing and I genuinely love them. I'm still in touch with many of them and their creativity and their passion challenge me to this day to pursue my craft. I'm grateful for their collaboration.

​In 2016 my side gig became a full time career when I left traditional teaching to run Karen Gage Photography, LLC., full time!

​I am more than lucky to have the love and support of my husband, Justin and Super Dad to our beautifully talented and silly daughter, Lucy. My light and muse has 2 fur siblings named Olive and Penny, and their shenanigans keep me on my toes.

I look forward to meeting you and hearing your story!

-Karen

Shelby Allen
Shelby Allen
Assistant Photographer/2nd shooter

Shelby Joined KGP as a second shooter, in 2019. She has since become an experienced lighting a assitant and second shooter. Her attention to detail makes her a value asset to our team. Did we mention Karen was her photography teacher, once upon a time...?

9628 Woodstream drive Richmond, VA, 23238
804-201-8334
Location of (Karen Gage Photography)

Karen Gage Photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does Karen Gage Photography include in the starting price?

Karen Gage Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • Digital Files

What photography services does Karen Gage Photography include in their most popular wedding package?

Karen Gage Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • Digital Files

What photography styles does Karen Gage Photography offer?

Karen Gage Photography offers the following photography styles:
  • Contemporary
  • Photojournalism

What photography services does Karen Gage Photography offer?

Karen Gage Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Second Shooter
  • Toning
  • Trash The Dress
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does Karen Gage Photography offer for wedding events?

Karen Gage Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Albums
  • Canvas
  • Matted Prints
  • Prints
  • Proofs
  • Save the Date

What percentage of users recommend Karen Gage Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Karen Gage Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

What kind of wedding service promotions does Karen Gage Photography offer?

Karen Gage Photography currently offers 1 special WeddingWire promotion for wedding services.

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding