Happy Finch Photography

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,600 Most Popular Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,600 Most Popular Price

Joyful, vibrant, and timeless! Happy Finch Photography is a perfect fit for couples who want warm, friendly collaboration and a wedding collection that conveys every tender emotion and gorgeous detail in a clean and colorful way.

I aim to capture the true spirit of a wedding day, how it felt as you and your partner celebrated the first day of your marriage. So much more than just point-and-shoot, I compose images that will bring all the joy, romance, and humor of the day rushing back to mind. Vibrant colors, radiant light, beautiful scenery, and – of course! – effervescent newlyweds are my favorite subjects, and I take pride in capturing all of these in a creative and authentic way.

Style & Approach
I give every couple a high level of attention to detail and make sure our plans are well-coordinated before the wedding. On the big day, I always arrive early and well-prepared to capture the shots that are most important to you. Behind the scenes, I offer constructive posing suggestions and group instructions when appropriate, remaining unobtrusive during the ceremony and other key moments. (I have found this hybrid of fine art photography and photojournalism to be an ideal approach for weddings.) After the wedding, I spend considerable time retouching your images until they are perfect. Your final collection will have a balanced mix of candid and formal images suited to the unfolding parts of your day and guided by the preferences you've shared with me.

Your final images will look bright, crisp, and natural. My goal is to edit your photos in a way that will never go out of style, in a way that will allow you to remember the color and lighting as it really was, as it was written on your mind's eye.

My standard package is fantastic on its own, or it can be customized in a variety of ways to suit your unique desires and budget. Services that I offer include:

• Pre-wedding coordination
  • Additional hours
  • Two photographers
  • Prints and albums

Areas Covered
Happy Finch Photography couples are located throughout Central Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley. In addition to Charlottesville, Keswick, and Afton, couples can also be found in Staunton, Waynesboro, Fishersville, Lexington, and Harrisonburg.

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$2,200

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Toning
Proofs

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$2,600

Add'l Hours
Toning
Proofs

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Natural
Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Destination / Travel
Second Shooter
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Canvas
Prints
Save the Date

• Dana
    Dana V. Married on 11/20/2021

Professional and Great Energy!

Melinda was absolutely FABULOUS to work with! She was incredibly professional and responsive, but had great light hearted and fun energy. She was able to be flexible with our engagement photo location, and helped to provide great shot suggestions to support our vision. On the day of our wedding, Melinda was punctual and kept us on a schedule without feeling rushed. She interacted beautifully with us, our bridal party, families, and guests. We had several people come up to us following the wedding and share how much they enjoyed Melinda as a photographer at our wedding. She is truly a delight to work with and cares for her clients dearly. Highly recommend!

Happy Finch Photography's reply:

Dana, this is so generous!! I love hearing how much you and your guests enjoyed working with me. It was such a pleasure to capture your beautiful relationship – thank you, thank you! :)
    Claire W. Married on 10/30/2021

Picture-Perfect!

Melinda was our photographer for our October 2021 wedding. From our first meeting with her, we knew she was exactly what we were looking for in a photographer! She is incredibly organized and makes sure she knows exactly what’s important and what you’re looking for on your wedding day. She made us more organized and gave us planning items to think through when she shared her questionnaire. Beyond her organizational skills, Melinda is a skilled photographer and wonderful people person. Our more natural vision was compatible with her use of minimal filters and light-handed editing. Despite a rainy day, she took beautiful photos of our venue’s surroundings. She also put people at ease in front of the camera. She really struck the balance between being polite and direct. She was moving and taking pictures for the entire event – we don’t know how she covered as much as she did! Finally, she turned the pictures around really quickly, exactly as promised! We’d highly recommend her to anyone looking for an event photographer.

Happy Finch Photography's reply:

Claire, thank you so much! It was such a beautiful celebration, despite the weather, and I'm so glad I was able to help you capture your vision! Best wishes to both of you! :)
  • Meghan
    Meghan T. Married on 07/05/2021

Wonderful, professional, and fun wedding photographer! 10/10 Recommend!

Melinda was an absolute joy to work with. She always answered my questions in a timely manner and was very flexible and understanding when I had to change my wedding plans several times during the pandemic. We did not meet in person until my wedding day, but it felt like I had known her for years! She was relaxed and easy-going and in turn helped me to stay relaxed and calm on my big day. She captured some amazing candid shots throughout the day and overall the pictures turned out fantastic. I am having the hardest time deciding which ones to frame because they are all incredible! Highly recommend Happy Finch Photography!!

Happy Finch Photography's reply:

Meghan, I really appreciate this wonderful review! You all were so much fun, and I'm so happy we could finally celebrate together after so many pandemic setbacks. Thank you so much! :)

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

29 photos · 09/29/2018
  • Sophia & Sang
    35 photos · 09/02/2018

Fishersville, VA, 22939
Location of (Happy Finch Photography)
Charlottesville, VA, 22939
Staunton, VA, 22939
Waynesboro, VA, 22939

Happy Finch Photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does Happy Finch Photography include in the starting price?

Happy Finch Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • Toning
  • Proofs

What photography services does Happy Finch Photography include in their most popular wedding package?

Happy Finch Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • Add'l Hours
  • Toning
  • Proofs

What photography styles does Happy Finch Photography offer?

Happy Finch Photography offers the following photography styles:
  • Contemporary
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism

What photography services does Happy Finch Photography offer?

Happy Finch Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Additional Hours
  • Destination / Travel
  • Liability Insurance
  • Second Shooter
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does Happy Finch Photography offer for wedding events?

Happy Finch Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Albums
  • Canvas
  • Prints
  • Save the Date

What percentage of users recommend Happy Finch Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Happy Finch Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding