Happy Finch Photography Reviews

Happy Finch Photography 7
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin · Getting married on 07/20/2019

Review of Consultation:
    Melinda from Happy Finch Photography is absolutely wonderful! Since the beginning of our correspondence, she has been awesome. Any questions or concerns we've had, she's answered promptly and has given us all of the information that we need! We are traveling to my Aunt's (about 3 hours away from us) for our wedding, and when we decided to make a weekend trip out, Melinda was kind enough to meet us there! She gave us so many wonderful ideas while we walked around and she snapped pictures to form her game plan prior to the wedding. I've continued to correspond with her via email as I come up with photo ideas or questions and she's so genuinely excited and receptive about everything I say! We're so glad that we're working with Melinda and so excited to see what she comes up with for the wedding!

Review of the wedding coming soon!

Ashley · Married on 09/29/2018

Great Photos with Happy Finch

We were so happy to have Melinda as our wedding photographer. Starting with our initial phone call, she was responsive, energetic, and made my husband and I at ease leading up to our big day. She will provide (and use!) a detailed questionnaire to help plan every aspect of your event, which was truly helpful and kept us from thinking about or organizing our pictures or portraits at all throughout the wedding day. She was extremely prompt in getting our pictures back to us, and our whole family loves how well they came out. We highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Happy Finch Photography's reply:

Ashley, thank you so much for such a kind review! I am delighted that you are so happy with your photos and your experience! It was such a pleasure to work with you! :)
  • Miyako

Miyako · Married on 09/15/2018

Melinda was absolutely amazing. I have never done a photo shoot before and my husband has very sensitive eyes, but she talked us through the whole shoot and made jokes to keep everyone smiling and laughing. She pounded out ALL of our wedding party, family, and couples pictures in under an hour and a half. She got all of the focus shots on the diy paper flowers I made as well as the venue which is my mom's barn. She also got through my ridiculously long list of required shots so quickly and professionally. The wedding happened during a hurricane (that ended up tracking south of us), and she was incredibly flexible and kept in touch with me in the weeks before the wedding. I never worried about how the pictures would come out and I absolutely love them. The package I got also included black & white and color versions of every picture. I cannot more highly recommend Melinda and Happy Finch Photography as your wedding (or any other occasion) photographer.

Sent on 10/11/2018
    Happy Finch Photography 8
    Happy Finch Photography 9

Happy Finch Photography's reply:

Thank you, Miyako, for such glowing feedback! It was my pleasure and privilege to celebrate such a happy day with you and your families!

Sophia · Married on 09/02/2018

Melinda was very enjoyable to work with on our wedding day! She was very patient despite the hot weather, and her optimism made a big difference to us and our guests. My husband and I are in love with how the photos came out. We absolutely recommend her to other couples/families out there!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Happy Finch Photography's reply:

Sophia, thank you for your sweet words! It was a perfect celebration, and I love to hear how much you guys love your photos!!

Allison · Married on 11/11/2017

Melinda was amazing. One reason we chose her is because she really makes the colors in the photos pop. It was also lovely to work with her. She was extremely flexible, especially when we had a crying 2 year old and a few other wedding-day hiccups. She also took a lot of good candid shots that many of our friends have asked to have copies of or have made their profile pictures. 5 out of 5, will recommend to all of my friends.

Sent on 12/19/2017

Happy Finch Photography's reply:

Allison, thank you so much for this wonderful feedback!! It was my pleasure to spend the day with you and your families, and I am so glad that you loved your service and are enjoying your photos. I really appreciate your willingness to write this kind review and recommend me to your friends! Congratulations again! :)

Marcia · Married on 08/19/2017

Words can not begin to truly describe how ecstatic I am with the services of Melinda at Happy Finch Photography. From the minute that I met her, I knew she would be perfect and she certainly did not disappoint. Melinda has a very engaging personality, a true talent for capturing the sentiment and the moment and she knows her stuff. I am glad and honored to have worked with her for our engagement and wedding photos.
    Melinda comes highly recommended!!!!!!

Theresa · Married on 06/17/2017

Melinda did such an excellent job with photographing our wedding. We are thrilled with how all of the pictures turned out and couldn't have asked for a better photographer. Melinda was extremely accommodating to our tastes and preferences on our wedding day. She captured many special moments even when we didn't realize she was around. I had many compliments from friends and family about the quality of the photos.

Sent on 09/14/2017

Happy Finch Photography's reply:

Theresa, thank you so much for this generous review! I really appreciate it. :)

Shana · Married on 06/02/2017

Melinda was an amazing photographer and super friendly! We had a very relaxed and laid back wedding and she did such a wonderful job of capturing everything we wanted and the photos were absolutely STUNNING!!! Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 10/07/2017
    Happy Finch Photography 10
    Happy Finch Photography 11
    Happy Finch Photography 12

Happy Finch Photography's reply:

Shana, thank you so much for this fantastic review! It was my pleasure to be there with you. What a fun day!!

Lisa · Married on 05/12/2017

Happy Finch Photography did an incredible job!! We went through Melinda for our engagement photos and then for our wedding. She is very dedicated to her work and there is a very quick turn around. My husband and I are not very photogenic but she made the day very special and fun! She made us look the best we have ever had with the quality and how she captured the moments. She is very beautiful person inside and out. She is very creative. You know you have a dedicated photographer when they go to the location/venue a week or so before the photography sesson/wedding to scout where the best spots are for lighting and backgrounds. She will do everything to make YOU happy. She wants you to tell her what kind of photos you see yourself getting on your special day. We loved that she based the photos off of what we liked and was very flexible with us since we do not like getting our picture taken often. The price for both the engagement photos and wedding photos were very affordable and worth the cost. The quality of the photos are absolutely breathtaking! If you want to look back at your wedding photos and cry because they are so beautiful then go with Happy Finch Photography!

Elisa · Married on 10/16/2016

Looking back at our wedding through the most gorgeous photos I have ever seen, I couldn't be me happy that Happy Finch Photography was there to capture our big day!! Melinda was so nice and responsive to every communication we had prior to the wedding. I had no worries coming into the wedding day and knew we were in fantastic hands. People cannot stop talking about how great the photos came out!! One big thing for me was that I felt comfortable the entire time with the photographer. If you're looking for a photographer who is patient, great with children, and an amazing eye for beautiful photography, then Happy Finch Photography is your best bet!

Alyssa · Married on 10/14/2016

Melinda was one of our best vendors at the wedding! She was always prompt with responses to questions and requests, and showed up right on time the day of the wedding. The photo questionnaire she sent in advance was very helpful for organizing our thoughts as to what kind of photographs we were looking for. She was so sweet and easy to work with, and her photographic skills are top notch. We had so many photos of our day that we absolutely loved!

Beth · Married on 08/06/2016

Melinda was great! She was very professional and easy to work with. The pictures turned out great! We will definitely consider Melinda again in the future!

Erin · Married on 06/25/2016

Melinda is incredibly patient; she works really well with children and adults alike! We loved her work and would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Jessica · Married on 06/25/2016

We chose Melinda because the pictures of her's we saw were so warm, inviting, and happy! When we met her, Melinda's personality matched her pictures. She put us at ease and walked us through the entire process. On our wedding day, Melinda seemed to be everywhere at once. She captured the all of the shots we wanted. We were more than happy when we received our final photos and would 100% recommend her for anyone's wedding.

Daniela · Married on 07/02/2015

Melinda has done a great job capturing all those special moments on our wedding day. She is a very sweet person and an amazing photographer. We loved our photos, I would highly recommend her!

Shannon · Married on 06/06/2015

Melinda was amazing! She was so easy to work with and made my husband and I very comfortable in front of her camera. We had so many compliments on our pictures. After the posed sessions, she was able to blend into the background of our reception and get some one of a kind shots of our guests having fun. She handled all my requests and was very kind and cheerful the entire wedding. I love my wedding pictures and highly recommend Melinda to anyone needing a photographer.

Melinda was fantastic, incredibly sweet and affordable. She made my husband and I feel very comfortable.

Krisin · Married on 09/13/2014

I had to add categories to this review because Melinda was so much more than just a photographer for our wedding. She was AMAZING!! When Melinda arrived at the wedding venue, my entire family was freaking out. We had planned for an outdoor wedding and rain caused us to have to move everything inside. My dad went and bought an archway but we've never had a big wedding and no one knew how to set it up. I wasn't at the venue and i didn't see any of this go down but I know that my mother would say that Melinda swooped in with her superhero cape on and got the archway up in minutes flat and then helped get the tables and everything else set up as well. All I heard throughout the day was how awesome our photographer was helping out before the show even began. And this was before we saw the pictures! They are truly spectacular! Melinda says that the pictures will take up to 6 weeks to be completed but we received our album in 3 weeks. She truly captured the love that my husband and I feel and a sense of who we actually are as a couple. It's so amazing to be able to look at these pictures, which six months later are framed and all over my house and my family members houses, and think that the people in those pictures are beautiful. . . and oh wait a minute. . . that's us! Cherished memories. . . that's what Happy Finch Photography does and they deserve 5 STARS for it!

Jillian · Married on 06/14/2014

My husband and I were married last June at the Rosemont Manor in Berryville, VA and Melinda with Happy Finch Photography was our photographer. I can't say enough wonderful things about her- we are absolutely thrilled with the photographs she took! We've gotten so many wonderful compliments about our wedding pictures due, in part, to the great job Happy Finch did of capturing the spirit of the event. Melinda was incredible easy to work with- she was happy to oblige with any requests made by myself or my family members, but she also had plenty of ideas for poses when we had run out and needed suggestions. She also has a great eye for candid photos- there are many moments she captured that I'm so glad I get to look back on! And she manages to get all these great candid shots without being intrusive at all which was great- I've been to weddings where the photographer was really in-your-face and I was delighted that this wasn't the case with Happy Finch. Melinda continued to impress after the wedding- within a few days, our photographs were available to us on their website and both my husband and I and my parents received CDs of our pictures shortly after that. And then, when my ancient, junky computer refused to load the CD I had gotten, Melinda was kind enough to send me a thumb drive of our photographs, at no extra cost. I was incredibly impressed with Melinda and Happy Finch Photography and I could not recommend them more highly.

The wedding photos were perfect. We had so many wonderful comments about our photos and many asked who our photographer was. Happy Finch Photography was a pleasure to work with. Happy Finch actually made taking photos fun!

Michaela · Married on 10/27/2013

Melinda was fantastic, for multiple reasons, but mainly because she was such a sweet and kind person, and her photography was beautiful. She didn't mind that our crazy (huge!) family was making us run a little behind, or that a few people asked for an extra picture. The digital version of our pictures and the cd copy were available within a very reasonable amount of time and her website was easy to use. Our florist actually asked if she could have Melinda's permission to use her photos on her website because they were so gorgeous. You can't go wrong with Melinda, not to mention, for Northern VA/DC, her prices are unbeatable.

Jonathan · event on: 10/18/2014

Melinda was absolutely phenomenal. She rushed from another appointment to get back to get pictures when the sun was setting; my fiance and I felt extremely loved! The atmosphere for our photography session was very relaxing due to Melinda's personality and love for what she does. Quality engagement photos and a very engaging and thoughtful photographer.

• I

Irina · event on: 11/01/2014

Melinda is not only a great photographer but also an amazing person. She eased us into the session so our pictures came out very natural. She is a delightful to work with.

Jocelyn · Married on 06/22/2018

We could not have been more pleased with the quality of our wedding and engagement photos by Melinda with Happy Finch Photography. Not only is she a sweet and accommodating person to interact with but her work was incredible! She was flexible with timing, locations, weather, and was open to creating any look we wanted for our photos. It was evident in our experience with her that she went above and beyond spending her own time to explore and research and know our spaces and inspiration pictures. And as far as value, we feel strongly that Melinda was able to give us the best photos we could ask for without the price tag of comparable work. We highly recommend her for any photos!

Happy Finch Photography 13