Happy Finch Photography Reviews

32 | Fishersville, VA

32 Reviews for Happy Finch Photography

Lauren H. 路 Married on 10/16/2020

Highly Recommend!

Melinda was so sweet and easy to work with! I gave her some Pinterest pictures so she could see what kind of photos I was envisioning for engagement pictures and wedding pictures which she took into consideration while she was taking our photos. Melinda was awesome at finding the right angles and all of our pictures turned out amazing! We cannot recommend Melinda enough!

Sent on 11/21/2020

Happy Finch Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Lauren! I loved helping you achieve your vision for your wedding and engagement photos, and I'm delighted to hear how much you've been enjoying them. You make a beautiful couple!

Brittney F. 路 Married on 10/14/2020

Wonderful and Thoughtful Service from Start to Finish!!

We are so incredibly happy that we went with Melinda and Happy Finch Photography for our small, outdoor wedding. From start to finish, she was thoughtful, responsive, and an absolute joy to work with.

After a few emails, we had a quick zoom interview to discuss our event. Melinda was so cheerful and thorough that we knew we wanted to work with her and booked her quickly. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, she was careful to understand our ceremony, venue limitations, and to confirm what shots and moments were most important to us. She also gave us tips and pointers to make the day run smoother and she was completely on board with following all COVID safety measures.

On the day of the ceremony, she showed up on time and knocked out the details (ring, bouquet, etc) shots (which turned out absolutely gorgeous!). She worked independently, making sure to catch all of the pre-ceremony moments we had discussed. Because of her attention to detail during our emails, we didn't have any worry she would miss any key moments during the ceremony. After the ceremony, she did a wonderful job working through family and bridal party photos. The highlight, however, was definitely during the couple shoot after the ceremony. Both of us were concerned about looking too posed or awkward in our photos, but Melinda was able to make the entire process comfortable and natural. We really felt like we just stood and strolled around enjoying the first few moments of being married, yet the final photos turned out amazing! (Seriously, my fiance is convinced we look like professional models).

We received our sneak peek photos only four days after the ceremony, and our digital photo gallery about three weeks after the ceremony. Our flash drive with digital copies arrived a few days later. As we kind of hinted before, the quality of the photos were beyond our expectations! Both the posed and candid photos look natural, and the details shots are beautiful. We seriously cannot recommend Melinda and Happy Finch photography highly enough!

Sent on 11/15/2020

Happy Finch Photography's reply:

Brittney, thank you!! Your small wedding was so special, and it was a joy to work with you and your families! I really appreciate this wonderful feedback. :)
  • Amber

Amber H. 路 Married on 06/13/2020

Couldn't be happier

I truly could not be any happier with Happy Finch Photography. She was with us for nine hours and I don't think she ever stopped taking pictures; She captured everything that we wanted and then even more! Her photographs were all amazing and she is the kindest person!

She also worked with us the entire way when we had to reschedule due to COVID.

If your hesitant, do yourself a favor and just hire Happy Finch Photography!! You won't regret it! 馃挐

Sent on 09/30/2020

Happy Finch Photography's reply:

Amber, I really appreciate this sweet feedback! It was a delightful wedding, and I'm so glad your COVID postponement worked out so perfectly. I love hearing that you are so happy with your service and photos! :)

Katya K. 路 Married on 11/17/2019

Very Friendly and AMAZING Pictures!!!

Melinda was super easy to work with, and she did a fantastic job! Our pictures were absolutely stunning! She definitely invested many hours throughout the process. She captured everything we wanted, and she is very talented. Our pictures were creative as well. She understands how important it is creating your lifetime memories! You will not regret choosing Happy Finch Photography!

Sent on 01/01/2020

Happy Finch Photography's reply:

Kat, I really appreciate this wonderful feedback! Your wedding day was lovely, and it was my pleasure to spend the time before, during, and after making sure you had everything you wanted. I'm so glad you and Trey are enjoying your photos!!

Leah L. 路 Married on 10/12/2019

Perfect day captured by an AMAZING photographer!

We absolutely loved working with Melinda! From our initial meeting with her to our wedding day, she was fantastic. She captured our wedding day perfectly. We could not believe all of the amazing photos she took. We were absolutely blown away! The pictures she took were stunning - the colors, textures, and creativity showed in every single photo. She was so flexible, creative, and easy to work with. She made us both feel at ease. We cannot recommend Melinda enough! We are looking forward to working with her again in the future.

Sent on 11/10/2019

Happy Finch Photography's reply:

Leah, thank you so much! I loved capturing all of those moments for you, and it's wonderful knowing how much you're enjoying your photos! I would love to work together again in the future. :)
  • Darlene

Darlene C. 路 Married on 10/05/2019

One Photographer Is All You Need!

All I can say about working with Happy Finch is WOW!! I can't believe Melinda was able to capture all of our most important moments as a single photographer. Chris and I weren't interested in traditional engagement photos so we had Melinda come to our venue the day before and take some casual shots during our rehearsal and hanging out with our friends. It was perfect! Melinda was very responsive and super easy to work with. The 17 photos that she was able to provide us two days after our wedding held us over until all the photos were complete (which came in 5 days earlier than expected). I'm so so happy with the results and can't believe that we got such incredible photos at a reasonable price. HIGHLY recommend!!!

Sent on 11/01/2019

Happy Finch Photography's reply:

Thanks, Darlene! This is music to my ears! I loved working together, and I'm thrilled that you are so happy with the final product!

Tiffany T. 路 Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing Experience!

Working with Melida was amazing! She was the only photographer who was flexible with the number of hours we needed her. She was responsive and prompt with her replies; she was so kind and professional. Her photographs are thoughtful and amazing, and she really paid attention to what we noted as being important to us to have photographed. Overall wonderful.

Sent on 10/09/2019

Happy Finch Photography's reply:

Tiffany, thank you so much for this great feedback! It was a wonderful day, and I'm so glad I could be there to capture it for you!
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin 路 Married on 07/20/2019

Review of Consultation:
    Melinda from Happy Finch Photography is absolutely wonderful! Since the beginning of our correspondence, she has been awesome. Any questions or concerns we've had, she's answered promptly and has given us all of the information that we need! We are traveling to my Aunt's (about 3 hours away from us) for our wedding, and when we decided to make a weekend trip out, Melinda was kind enough to meet us there! She gave us so many wonderful ideas while we walked around and she snapped pictures to form her game plan prior to the wedding. I've continued to correspond with her via email as I come up with photo ideas or questions and she's so genuinely excited and receptive about everything I say! We're so glad that we're working with Melinda and so excited to see what she comes up with for the wedding!

Review of the wedding coming soon!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Ashley 路 Married on 09/29/2018

Great Photos with Happy Finch

We were so happy to have Melinda as our wedding photographer. Starting with our initial phone call, she was responsive, energetic, and made my husband and I at ease leading up to our big day. She will provide (and use!) a detailed questionnaire to help plan every aspect of your event, which was truly helpful and kept us from thinking about or organizing our pictures or portraits at all throughout the wedding day. She was extremely prompt in getting our pictures back to us, and our whole family loves how well they came out. We highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Happy Finch Photography's reply:

Ashley, thank you so much for such a kind review! I am delighted that you are so happy with your photos and your experience! It was such a pleasure to work with you! :)
  • Miyako

Miyako 路 Married on 09/15/2018

Melinda was absolutely amazing. I have never done a photo shoot before and my husband has very sensitive eyes, but she talked us through the whole shoot and made jokes to keep everyone smiling and laughing. She pounded out ALL of our wedding party, family, and couples pictures in under an hour and a half. She got all of the focus shots on the diy paper flowers I made as well as the venue which is my mom's barn. She also got through my ridiculously long list of required shots so quickly and professionally. The wedding happened during a hurricane (that ended up tracking south of us), and she was incredibly flexible and kept in touch with me in the weeks before the wedding. I never worried about how the pictures would come out and I absolutely love them. The package I got also included black & white and color versions of every picture. I cannot more highly recommend Melinda and Happy Finch Photography as your wedding (or any other occasion) photographer.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Happy Finch Photography's reply:

Thank you, Miyako, for such glowing feedback! It was my pleasure and privilege to celebrate such a happy day with you and your families!

Sophia 路 Married on 09/02/2018

Melinda was very enjoyable to work with on our wedding day! She was very patient despite the hot weather, and her optimism made a big difference to us and our guests. My husband and I are in love with how the photos came out. We absolutely recommend her to other couples/families out there!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Happy Finch Photography's reply:

Sophia, thank you for your sweet words! It was a perfect celebration, and I love to hear how much you guys love your photos!!
  • Molly

Molly 路 Married on 06/30/2018

June 2018 - Hahn Garden Wedding - Molly & Daniel

We are so glad to have found Happy Finch Photography on Wedding Wire! Melinda was very easy to work with and didn't even flinch when we had to change our venue to another part of the state. She was attentive when it came to what our 'vision' was for both our engagement shoot and on our wedding day. A month before the wedding we walked the venue together and spoke about 'must have' shots. That was so huge once the wedding day arrived. On the wedding day, she arrived early and provided direction to keep the events flowing. I continue to receive compliments on our photos and we will cherish them for years to come!

Sent on 11/10/2018

Happy Finch Photography's reply:

Molly, I absolutely loved working with you for your engagement and wedding, and I am so happy that you continue to enjoy your photos! Thank you so much for this wonderful review! :)

Allison 路 Married on 11/11/2017

Melinda was amazing. One reason we chose her is because she really makes the colors in the photos pop. It was also lovely to work with her. She was extremely flexible, especially when we had a crying 2 year old and a few other wedding-day hiccups. She also took a lot of good candid shots that many of our friends have asked to have copies of or have made their profile pictures. 5 out of 5, will recommend to all of my friends.

Sent on 12/19/2017

Happy Finch Photography's reply:

Allison, thank you so much for this wonderful feedback!! It was my pleasure to spend the day with you and your families, and I am so glad that you loved your service and are enjoying your photos. I really appreciate your willingness to write this kind review and recommend me to your friends! Congratulations again! :)

Marcia 路 Married on 08/19/2017

Words can not begin to truly describe how ecstatic I am with the services of Melinda at Happy Finch Photography. From the minute that I met her, I knew she would be perfect and she certainly did not disappoint. Melinda has a very engaging personality, a true talent for capturing the sentiment and the moment and she knows her stuff. I am glad and honored to have worked with her for our engagement and wedding photos.
    Melinda comes highly recommended!!!!!!

Sent on 03/01/2015

Theresa 路 Married on 06/17/2017

Melinda did such an excellent job with photographing our wedding. We are thrilled with how all of the pictures turned out and couldn't have asked for a better photographer. Melinda was extremely accommodating to our tastes and preferences on our wedding day. She captured many special moments even when we didn't realize she was around. I had many compliments from friends and family about the quality of the photos.

Sent on 09/14/2017

Happy Finch Photography's reply:

Theresa, thank you so much for this generous review! I really appreciate it. :)

Shana 路 Married on 06/02/2017

Melinda was an amazing photographer and super friendly! We had a very relaxed and laid back wedding and she did such a wonderful job of capturing everything we wanted and the photos were absolutely STUNNING!!! Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 10/07/2017

Happy Finch Photography's reply:

Shana, thank you so much for this fantastic review! It was my pleasure to be there with you. What a fun day!!

Lisa 路 Married on 05/12/2017

Happy Finch Photography did an incredible job!! We went through Melinda for our engagement photos and then for our wedding. She is very dedicated to her work and there is a very quick turn around. My husband and I are not very photogenic but she made the day very special and fun! She made us look the best we have ever had with the quality and how she captured the moments. She is very beautiful person inside and out. She is very creative. You know you have a dedicated photographer when they go to the location/venue a week or so before the photography sesson/wedding to scout where the best spots are for lighting and backgrounds. She will do everything to make YOU happy. She wants you to tell her what kind of photos you see yourself getting on your special day. We loved that she based the photos off of what we liked and was very flexible with us since we do not like getting our picture taken often. The price for both the engagement photos and wedding photos were very affordable and worth the cost. The quality of the photos are absolutely breathtaking! If you want to look back at your wedding photos and cry because they are so beautiful then go with Happy Finch Photography!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Elisa 路 Married on 10/16/2016

Looking back at our wedding through the most gorgeous photos I have ever seen, I couldn't be me happy that Happy Finch Photography was there to capture our big day!! Melinda was so nice and responsive to every communication we had prior to the wedding. I had no worries coming into the wedding day and knew we were in fantastic hands. People cannot stop talking about how great the photos came out!! One big thing for me was that I felt comfortable the entire time with the photographer. If you're looking for a photographer who is patient, great with children, and an amazing eye for beautiful photography, then Happy Finch Photography is your best bet!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Alyssa 路 Married on 10/14/2016

Melinda was one of our best vendors at the wedding! She was always prompt with responses to questions and requests, and showed up right on time the day of the wedding. The photo questionnaire she sent in advance was very helpful for organizing our thoughts as to what kind of photographs we were looking for. She was so sweet and easy to work with, and her photographic skills are top notch. We had so many photos of our day that we absolutely loved!

Sent on 11/30/2016

Beth 路 Married on 08/06/2016

Melinda was great! She was very professional and easy to work with. The pictures turned out great! We will definitely consider Melinda again in the future!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Erin 路 Married on 06/25/2016

Melinda is incredibly patient; she works really well with children and adults alike! We loved her work and would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 07/30/2016

Jessica 路 Married on 06/25/2016

We chose Melinda because the pictures of her's we saw were so warm, inviting, and happy! When we met her, Melinda's personality matched her pictures. She put us at ease and walked us through the entire process. On our wedding day, Melinda seemed to be everywhere at once. She captured the all of the shots we wanted. We were more than happy when we received our final photos and would 100% recommend her for anyone's wedding.

Sent on 11/20/2016

Daniela 路 Married on 07/02/2015

Melinda has done a great job capturing all those special moments on our wedding day. She is a very sweet person and an amazing photographer. We loved our photos, I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Shannon 路 Married on 06/06/2015

Melinda was amazing! She was so easy to work with and made my husband and I very comfortable in front of her camera. We had so many compliments on our pictures. After the posed sessions, she was able to blend into the background of our reception and get some one of a kind shots of our guests having fun. She handled all my requests and was very kind and cheerful the entire wedding. I love my wedding pictures and highly recommend Melinda to anyone needing a photographer.

Sent on 11/27/2016
  • User4837799 路 2+ years ago

Melinda was fantastic, incredibly sweet and affordable. She made my husband and I feel very comfortable.

Sent on 03/02/2015