P.O. Box 73, Charlottesville, VA 22902 Map · Phone number

About DJ Derek Tobler

Congratulations on your engagement!

I would like your wedding ceremony and reception to be fondly remembered for many years to come. Your day will stand out as being fun, unique, and seamless.

As your DJ and Emcee, I will work with you to make sure your music tastes are well represented and that the day reflects your individual personalities. You may be able to visualize what you would like your wedding day to look like. If you describe that image to me in our consultation, I will do my part to help realize your dream wedding. My commitment to you is that I will treat your wedding like it is the most important day of my career.

DJ/Emcee

The music I play at your wedding will depend on what I learn about your music tastes when we discuss this together. Every wedding I do is individually catered to each couple, resulting in a different mix of music played at each wedding. I delete your play lists before I go to my next wedding to keep things fresh. You may provide as many must-plays as you like, and I always respect your do-not-play list.

I also would make all appropriate announcements throughout the evening, and make sure all the correct people are ready and in the room before anything happens (including your other vendors). This is an important part of what I do for you so that the evening flows seamlessly. I would consider my Emcee style to be professional and to the point. You and your guests need to know what is happening, but the focus of the day will remain on you.

First Dance Custom Edits

You may like a particular song for your first dance, but feel it is too long to dance to or wish a verse could be removed. Or you may want to have a little fun and combine a couple songs while keeping the total length around 3 minutes.

Just let me know and I will make you a custom song edit and email it to you for your approval prior to your wedding day.

Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception

Your music needs may be for your reception only or you may require separate sound systems for your ceremony and cocktail hour, as well. I own multiple systems that can be set up and ready at each needed location prior to your guests arrival.

Microphones will be provided, as needed, at your ceremony to capture all dialog for your family and friends to hear - including your vows and additional readings.

Follow DJ Derek Tobler on

DJ Derek Tobler 1
  • Amanda

Amanda Eisner · Married on 11/04/2018

Amazing DJ

Derek was so great at our wedding - he had the crowd, both young and old, on the dance floor all night and all of our family and friends were raving about how much fun they had for days after the wedding! Derek was a huge player in keeping the evening running smoothly, which we greatly appreciated. Also, even though we had a string quartet during the ceremony, Derek helped out SO much with sound, making sure ourselves and our rabbi were heard by all.

I also wanted to mention that Derek was so easy to work with during the planning process. He listened to all of our requests, cut our first dance song perfectly, and helped us choose the perfect last dance!

I HIGHLY recommend DJ Tobler to anyone and everyone!

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/06/2018

Best DJ!!!

DJ Tobler is the BEST!! We are so thankful he was available for our big day. He plays only the best music that keeps the party going. He was so easy to work with, really helpful with song choices, and always very quick to respond. I would highly recommend him for any event. We thoroughly enjoyed working with him and our wedding wouldn't have been the same without him.
    He also offers dance lessons, which I HIGHLY recommend. We had a wonderful first dance and our guests couldn't stop talking about it. We are so thankful and happy we did the dance lesson because he taught us how to dance and we now have dance moves that will always remind of us our first dance.
    Thank you DJ Tobler for making our evening smooth and giving us memories that will last a lifetime. You are simply the best!!!!!!

• Paige

Paige Taylor · Married on 09/29/2018

Excellent, professional DJ

Derek was fantastic! We planned our wedding out of state and he made the process so easy. He was very responsive to our requests and guided us through the process of planning the music for the entire wedding. We ended up just giving him guidelines for the reception and he did a phenomenal job. A great mix of music that had everyone dancing! Would highly recommend!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

DJ Derek Tobler FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 2,000.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,502.00
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 179.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Christian, Club, Country, Electronic, Hip Hop, Indie, International, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40, South Asian
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Disco Ball, Flat Screen, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

• Angelica & Co. Weddings
    Angelica & Co. Weddings Wedding Planners

Entertainment should always be top of your priority list when planning a wedding. The music helps the overall atmosphere, which makes weddings wow! Derek definitely delivers. He's got you covered music wise, playing your hand-selected favorites, but also can help you coordinate your dances being an instructor himself. He's truly got it all and a great attitude to make the process easy along the way. DJ Tobler is a wedding day must have!

• Eve Watters
    Eve Watters Wedding Musicians

Derek stands out, head and shoulders, in the DJ field. A real gent, with advanced musical knowledge and a great sense of service.

• Virginia Schweninger, Harpist
    Virginia Schweninger, Harpist Wedding Musicians

I have worked with Derek at so many different venues . . . he can handle any challenge. Be it the UVA Chapel, Pippin Hill, Veritas or numerous other challenging outdoor locations, he always comes prepared to produce beautiful sound not matter what! He's classy too and throws a great party!

• P.O. Box 73 Charlottesville, VA 22902 See on map