Emily Hancock Photography

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$4,200 Most Popular Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$4,200 Most Popular Price

Emily Hancock Photography is a husband-and-wife team based in Lynchburg, VA. This pair seeks to connect with couples and celebrate their love story. Emily and her husband, James, have been friends since the 6th grade. This is one of the secrets to their work behind the scenes and serving their clients on the wedding day.

As one of their couples, you can expect to have fun at their engagement session and choose the location to fit your unique love story. Emily Hancock Photography accommodates engagement sessions, bridal portraits, and wedding photography.

Your images are available through an online gallery, in printed legacy albums, or as prints for you to enjoy for years to come. These photographers are based in Virginia but will happily travel to capture weddings beyond Virginia. They love traveling to Charleston, South Carolina, Virginia, and the D.C. area.

• High-resolution digital images
  • Two photographers
  • Additional hours
  • One-event-per-day policy
  • Willingness to travel
  • Liability insurance
  • Prints, albums, and canvases
  • Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$4,200

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

2nd Shooter
Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$4,200

2nd Shooter
Digital Files

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Natural
Traditional

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Destination / Travel
Multi. Locations
Second Shooter
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Canvas
Prints

Allison T. Married on 11/06/2021

Absolutely above and beyond

Emily and James are truly one of a kind. I love pictures and have imagined wedding photos all over my house since the moment I was old enough to know, my fiancé on the other hand hates having to take photo pictures. Emily and James made things easy for even the guys who hate taking photos. Emily was my go to for ALL things wedding. To say she was just my photographer would be an understatement. I love that James and Emily are a team, most photographers would charge extra make you pay extra for 2 photographers, but that is not the case. On wedding day the groomsmen had their own photographer, as well as the bridesmaids. There was not a missed moment. Whether you are photogenic, or not, Emily and James truly preform miracles. I love how quickly they CRANK out your photos. I think this is one of their super powers as well! I’m so glad Emily has opened her photography skills to more than just weddings because I truly cannot imagine anyone else taking my family photos.

Emily Hancock Photography's reply:

I have been so blessed by you throughout the entire experience! Working with a couple like you and Dakota is truly more than I ever wanted in my business. Between your unwavering support, attention to detail, surprise gifts FOR ME, and making my favorite photo of the year happen at your wedding, I am on cloud 9! I'm so glad you love your photos as much as I do and cannot wait to see you in front of my camera again soon!!! :)
  • Caroline
    Caroline B. Married on 10/16/2021

Incredible Photographers That Make You Feel So Special On Your Wedding Day!

We were so blessed to have Emily and James as our photographers! I wanted to hire them ever since I saw their photos from our best man's wedding (which were gorgeous) and Emily was so personable. She remembered my now-husband (the best man at the previous wedding) and spoke to me like an old friend. It felt like fate that our date was available. I IMMEDIATELY booked. Like I said, they treat you like friends more than clients. Emily is ready to answer any questions you have as well as deflate any stress you may feel. My now-husband and I are so awkward when posing for pictures but Emily and James knew exactly how to loosen and HYPE us up. She was also super sweet to me when I opened up to her about being insecure a few days before the wedding...and then made me feel BEAUTIFUL on my wedding day. I can't thank her enough for that. I may be biased, but my husband, the alleged awkward poser, looked like a GQ model in his solo photos. Thank you very much to James for those ;) and for the silly ones with his groomsmen (and thank you for not telling me they threw him in the air until after the ceremony lol). They encourage these funny photos and get creative with the location. I had a lot of fun with them, especially when Emily had my bridesmaids and I participate in a tik tok that was REPOSTED BY AZAZIE! I fangirled and will forever thank her for my 5 minutes of fame haha Also amazing job at making sure we got our solo & bridal party photos in without us seeing each other. They legit stood out in the rain to get the perfect shots of us while we were safe under the roof of the venue's porch. I promise we didn't ask them to! They just do these things to go the extra mile for their couples. Try to stop them all you want, but they are dedicated to their craft. Our schedule was a bit tight due to delays from rain and they were still able to fit enough time for pictures. They are very organized to the point that you can just relax as they direct you around. After making so many decisions in the planning, I was very thankful to them for taking over the photo coordination. Our photos are gorgeous and they really captured the overall magic of the day! I especially love our fun and goofy reception photos. They'll spoil you with the number of photos you receive in your album. I posted far too many on Facebook because I couldn't pick favorites haha I could keep going on and on but I'll just end this with me HIGHLY recommending this couple to capture your special day. They're not just your photographers, but your amazing support team behind the scenes! 5 stars is not enough!
  • F
    Francesca D. Married on 10/03/2021

Hire her for your wedding, seriously.

She was hands down my easiest vender. I loved working with her as she was professional, sweet, and made our wedding photos look amazing. I had a situation where my flower person backed out last minute and she and her husband offered to go get flowers for me. It ended up working out but what other photographer would do that?Her and her husband do great work and we will be sure to work with them again in the future!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

• Kevin & Danielle
    30 photos · 06/22/2019

Wayne Drive Lynchburg, VA, 24502

Always Open
Location of (Emily Hancock Photography)

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding