Olga's Bridal and Formal Couture Reviews

135 | Raleigh, NC

135 Reviews for Olga's Bridal and Formal Couture

Jessica · Married on 10/03/2009

Olga was great and she fit me in a short time frame. Her work was excellent and her fees were low compared to other places. I would go to her again!!!

Sent on 10/27/2009

Correnia and Jeremy · Married on 06/21/2009

Olga is the best!!!

Sent on 07/14/2009

Heather · Married on 05/31/2009

Olga transformed my dress into THE ONE. I felt so beautiful and unique in my dress because it became a custom made dress when she was finished. She is amazing, special, and truly loves her work because her passion shows through the fantastic job she performs. I loved my dress and will continue to go to OLGA for many more years to come!

Sent on 06/05/2009

Lisa · Married on 05/16/2009

Olga is a very skilled seamstress and a very warm person. I would highly recommend her services. The only con is that she lives in Cary.

Sent on 06/17/2009

sarah · Married on 05/16/2009

WONDERFUL!!! Loved her. Drove from Winston Salem to Cary just to see her! HIGHLY reccomended!

Sent on 09/23/2009

stacie · Married on 11/14/2008

Olga is amazing!!!! She works out of her home and it doesn't look very professional when you drive up, but she did the best tailoring job for the most absolutely reasonable price. She is nice and gave me good tips too (like put your shoes on first, how to get the stains out, how to transport your dress, how to ensure the bustle hooks stay closed). Don't get ripped off at a fancy tailor shop with astronomical prices (Duke's tailor ruined my hem and excessively overcharged to boot!) -- go for Olga!

Sent on 02/06/2009

Reida · Married on 08/31/2008

AMAZING absolutely AMAZING is all I can say about Olga. She saved my dress a week before my wedding and for that I will always be grateful to her. My dress was altered in Charlotte originally and it was a disaster. Olga altered it for me a week before my wedding and it was GORGEOUS. She performed a miracle for a reasonble price. If you're within a driveable distance to Cary then trust your dress to no one but Olga. She's worth the drive!!!

Sent on 10/16/2008

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2007

Because I didn't buy my dress at a Bridal Shop, I had to find someone to alter it for me. Olga did a fantastic job! It fit perfectly, and her prices are very reasonable.

Sent on 02/11/2008

quyen · Married on 04/14/2007

I found out about Olga on one of the wedding boards, and she made my wedding veil. I wasn't exactly sure about what I wanted, but she walked me through all the options and made exactly what I wanted. The veil was a great value, compared to what it would cost in a store. The only cheaper option would have been to make it myself, but I think that would have been a disaster, given my total lack of sewing skills.

Sent on 08/11/2008

Amy · Married on 07/23/2016

Omgggg!!! Olga was the FIRST person I called and I DO NOT regret that I did not shop around. Not only was she able to fit me in her busy schedule - 3 weeks before my wedding day - but she saved my dress, saved me money, made me a CUSTOM veil from scratch to match my dress (which was not white/ivory), and was very personable. I love Olga for how she made me look and just for being a beautiful person!

Sent on 07/25/2016
  • User4820275 · 2+ years ago

I came here to give a review for Olga since my dress is basically finished and I have had the opportunity to work with her multiple times. I saw the review below and I honestly can't believe that it is about the Olga I have worked with. I came to her with my mom's dress, which she completely remade by cutting off the original bottom and making a new one and totally altering the bodice and sleeves. My mom and I cut off 25 yards of lace from the bottom of my mom's dress ourselves, at Olga's request, to help us save money and then she added it back to my newly remade dress. She has never once been disrespectful, harsh, or anything other than nice and willing with me or my mom. She has honestly gone beyond what I had expected and I have not once worried about my dress and not being happy with it. The Flexibility rating is a little low because she is booked solid! I was lucky enough to have my wedding date set far in advance, anyway, but if you want to use her call ASAP! There really aren't enough thank you's to give her for making something so special for me and I don't think my mom and I would have trusted the dress with any other seamstress.

Sent on 05/12/2015

Kathy · Married on 11/27/2015

The Olgas (Grandmother and Granddaughter) are awesome! As an older bride with a mastectomy prosthesis which created fit issues, I presented Olga with challenging revisions to the bodice of my dress. She was kind and understanding of the issue as well as meticulous in making sure the silk fabric laid correctly. The end result is beautiful and even more flattering than the original dress design. With all the work she did to my dress, she was still so affordable!
    Two things to know about Olga:
    1. Book your appointment as far in advance as possible! Her skill and mastery of tailoring means her calendar is full months in advance
    2. Olga can design your dress from scratch!!! Talk to her first before buying a dress - I wish I had!

Go to Olga. Go to Olga first. Thank you, Olga!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Sarah · Married on 10/12/2013

Olga is wonderful! The first thing you need to know is that she books up QUICKLY. I called her in December 2012 for my Oct 2013 wedding and she only had two openings still available. I'd recommend booking her once you get engaged even before you have your dress.
    She took my dress in an entire size, added cups, added a 7-pt bustle and, added a band to the inside of my dress to help hold it up (it was strapless). All of this in only 2 visits and once more to pick it up. My dress fit like it was made for me and was comfortable the entire night.

Sent on 12/07/2013

Mary · Married on 07/06/2009

I love my dress! The people at the shop were very kind and helpful. Best of all they were not pushy and gave me the time I needed to decide on a dress! They never made me feel pressured or rushed. I would recommend them to anyone

Sent on 06/14/2010

Jenness · Married on 11/01/2008

Olga provided extremely high quality work at very reasonable prices. The bridal shop where I purchased my dress did the most flimsy, horrible looking bustle for my train. I took it to be redone by Olga as well as some other minor fittings. Olga has her own design for a unique bustle and she was able to rework mine within very reasonable timeframes. It looked absolutely amazing and it stayed put the entire evening of my reception. I danced for nearly 3 hours and I did not have to worry about it at all.

As one other reviewer mentioned, she does work out of her house and it does not look like the bridal shops that brides are normally used to when you drive up to it. Olga's quality of work (and her rave reviews) speaks for itself though.

Sent on 03/20/2009

Nicole · Married on 05/27/2007

Olga did my alterations for my wedding dress (and she also was kind enough to steam my veil at no additional charge). My alterations were extremely extensive and I was very pleased with the result. She was very flexible in her schedule and was very reassuring. She truly made me feel like a beautiful bride!

Sent on 02/19/2008

Sarah · Married on 07/27/2019

Extremely talented seamstress!

Olga is unbelievably talented at what she does. Her alterations to my dress were flawless--including 32 bustle points that transformed a long train into a workable reception dress. She also re-purposed my mom's veil so I could wear it with my dress. I don't think there is any sewing task she couldn't handle!

Sent on 08/22/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/28/2019

Amazing work!

Olga Jr. did an absolutely amazing job altering my dress for a very reasonable price! She essentially built shape/corset into my dress, and made it look and fit perfectly! I was worried about the hemming of my dress because the bottom had eyelash lace, but she knew exactly how to handle everything that came with my dress. The bustle she created was genius and easy to follow based on her tutorial. I definitely recommend Olga to any bride!

Sent on 07/24/2019

Kelsey · Married on 09/23/2017

Sweetest vendor I worked with for my wedding- she did a lovely job and worked with my budget by breaking down the cost of each alteration so I could prioritize what I wanted done. I've never had a dress altered, but for her expertise, time spent, and attention to detail I feel I got a great value. Be sure to book early. I had 2 fittings plus a pick up day and she talked with me by phone and text as a consult beforehand since i was traveling to her. Worth the drive! Her business is from home, but very comfortable and professional. She knew me by name at each appointment and took time to make me feel beautiful in my dress. Even gave a surprise for the wedding day in my dress :)

Sent on 09/20/2017

So flexible! I had to have my dress done in one weekend and she did it! It looks great and fits perfectly. A bit pricey, but worth it for the service.

Sent on 04/15/2016

Annabel · Married on 06/02/2012

Olga is the best of the best. She more or less saved my wedding! If you buy a dress DO NOT get it altered at the dress store or with anyone else - call Olga ASAP (she books up fast). I bought my dress from a well known store in downtown Raleigh - after 5 alterations I left the store (dress in hand) in tears - not only had they altered it several inches too short but pretty much everything they had done was shoddy, off centre and needed to be redone (it is less than a month until my wedding FYI!) Olga managed to squeeze me in and had the daunting task of fixing everything which included adding material back onto my dress! She exceeded my expectations in making what I thought was a ruined dress completely beautiful. She was a joy to work with with a wicked sense of humour and out of no-where she created an award winning, never seen before, bustle for the tons and tons of lace! If I were you I would not let anyone else touch your wedding dress! Oh and she also made me a killer veil.

Sent on 06/22/2012

3.5

Olga & Olga Jr. Did an amazing job altering my wedding dress! My biggest fear was my bustle since the material was heavy and I hate bustles that look messy but she made mine look like it was natural to the dress!

Sent on 11/23/2015
  • Sarah

Sarah Watson · Married on 11/04/2018

Perfect Wedding Dress Alteration

I could not be happier with how my wedding dress was altered and how it fit me on my wedding day! Olga was so sweet from the very first time I called, I luckily found out about her early and made an appointment 8 months ahead of time. I went for three appointments for my fittings and each appointment was very efficient and I left knowing my dress was in good hands. Her granddaughter, Olga, is who altered mine and she was very professional and kind to work with. The dress was ready exactly when she told me it would be. I had an intricate bustle added to my dress but I was so happy with the hemming, and also had a very small wedding, that I kept it full length the whole night :) Highly recommend Olga's Bridal!

Sent on 12/28/2018
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 10/14/2016

3.5

The Olgas were wonderful. They transformed my dress, which was easily two sizes too large, to fit me beautifully. They can be a little pushy at times, so if you get easily flustered and don't easily speak up for yourself, bring a friend. I had some confusion with them on my measurements that would have been easily resolved if I had just said something to start with. Everything worked out well though and my dress was gorgeous. My cousin even asked if I could save it for when she gets married one day.

Sent on 03/06/2017

4.2
      3.5

It is really awkward going in front of a complete stranger and stripping down in front of them mere moments later. Somehow Olga put me at ease. She is a gem in Raleigh and a master at her work. No wonder people travel from states over to have her do their alterations.

Sent on 10/22/2013