Michael's Eighth Avenue Reviews

2.5
      2.5
      3.0
      3.0

I was very disappointed with Michael's Eigth Avenue. My wedding was on Oct 9, 2010, and Michaels's had a full house this day with other weddings. I felt like we were rushed through our reception because the overbooked for this date. I had the buffet dinner and the carving station. They never announced when they were taking the food away. The staff was very quick at clearing off the table, they were taking things off the table and the guest were not finished eating. The reception was to end at 6:00, at 5:10 if you weren't holding on to your plate it got thrown out. Not only were they throwing out the food and drinks but they also grabbed any wedding favors that were on the table and put them in the trash also. I also had paid for the Ice Cream Bar and out 130 people only 3 people knew about the Ice Cream Bar because it was not announced that it was available. The only reason 3 people did see it was because they happen to be there when it was set up in the back of the room. Exactly 6:00 they flicked the lights off and then back on to get everyone out of the ballroom. I asked about taking food that was left over and was told that I could not have it due to Health Dept rules. Okay maybe so, but I was also told that they would be sure to have a plate made for the Bride and Groom because the know that there really isn't time for the Bride and Groom to enjoy dinner, needless to say they never gave us a to go bag. I feel that with the money that they were paid they could have been more respectful and courteous to us. I emailed Michael's Eigth Avenue twice to at least get an apology - wishful thinking they never responded to my emails.

Sent on 12/04/2010
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/07/2014

2.4
      1.0
      2.0
      1.0

Beautiful Garden area but beware of staff

This venue has an amazing garden area we had for our ceremony. The issue that I had was with the staff. Items were not setup properly for the ceremony even though there were both instructions and pictures of each set up. When we arrived the next day to pick up our items many of the frames and other items were broken and stuffed into a closet. The buffet food and cake was delicious, however our guests were told that the could not get seconds and could not have anymore from the dessert bar because it was being given to charity. We had 6 guests missing so there was plenty of food/desserts left over. Lastly, our cake that was leftover was wrapped for guests on cheap napkins, and was disgustingly soggy after about 10mins of being wrapped in a napkin. For the price I would have expected the cake to be at least wrapped in serane wrap. When we notified the coordinator we were told that our items were already broken and that they always wrap the leftover cake in napkins and that no one ever complained before. Needless to say that I don’t think that this issue will be resolved however I at least wanted other brides to be aware.

Sent on 05/20/2019