Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park

Laurel, MD View map Visit website
Up to 300 guests

Up to 300 guests

Laurel Park is a historic wedding venue located in Laurel, Maryland. This establishment began its history in 1911, joining the racing ranks. 1914 saw the purchase of the track and the celebrated Col. Matt Winn, well known for putting the Kentucky Derby on the map, overseeing the management of the property. After changing a couple of hands, Laurel Park was purchased by the Schapiros in 1950. After successful expansion and numerous races, Schapiro's reign was succeeded by Frank J. De Francis and the Manfusos, Robert and John, in 1984. Millions of dollars were funneled into the property in the subsequent years, resulting in the creation of the Sports Palace, lavish clubhouse renovations, and various improvements scattered throughout. Joseph A.De Francis took on the responsibility of the venue following his father's passing, revitalizing it to suit modern-day interests and demands.

Facilities and Capacity

Laurel Park is pleased to host a variety of occasions from bridal showers to ceremonies. This venue has eight event rental options. The first is the Carriage Room which allows 800 people to attend your wedding. The next space is the Ruffian Room which holds a capacity of 200 guests seated. There is also a Sports Bar that allows for a maximum of 500 people. Should a party need a bit more space, they can rent out the entire second-floor clubhouse, inclusive of the Ruffian Room and Sports Bar. Otherwise, couples are able to make use of the Director's Room which is perfect for a 75-person cocktail party. Sixteen individuals fit within the Grand View Dining Boxes, and both the Sky Lounge and the White House Lawn fit 300 guests.

Laurel Park offers a wide range of services for couples that book at their venue. This can include anything from personalized service to bar and banquet packages. An appointment may be made with their sales manager to discuss any specific questions a couple may have leading up to their wedding celebration.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$500

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$500

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$500

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$500

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Chairs
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Dessert
Server(s)

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$5

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Champagne Toast
House Beer
House Liquor
House Wine

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Banquet Hall
Historic Building
Restaurant

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

All Inclusive Packages
Lighting / Sound
Outside Vendors
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Audio Equipment
Centerpieces
Chairs
Furniture
Tables
Tents

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Valet
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

May
June
July
August
September
December

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January
February
March
April
October
November

Denise Y. Married on 06/01/2021

Amazing venue, fantastic meals, perfect coordinator.

Our coordinator, Kelsey Spriggs, was amazing. We held our reception in the Upper Terrace. Kelsey was very responsive to every email and text. The room was beautiful. Kelsey helped us choose the menu and tailor it to our needs. They were very conscientious of dietary needs, and allergies. Although we had a buffet, entrees were plated for the few vegan/vegetarians. Every guest we spoke to said the food was fantastic! The cost of the room, meals, and extras was VERY competitive! I would not hesitate to use this venue again!
  • Rachel
    Rachel H. Married on 12/14/2019

The most fun & unique wedding experience!

Everything about my wedding experience at Laurel Park was so beyond perfect, I don't even know where to start!

This was such a fun venue to have our wedding ceremony & reception! We held the ceremony in the beautiful Ruffian room, it was perfect and elegant. For the reception we moved upstairs to the Terrace level where our guests had views of the racing in the background for some added entertainment. Throughout the wedding and in the weeks that followed, I had so many guests comment on how much they loved the venue and how it was so different from other weddings that they had attended.

Kelsey, the venue coordinator, is simply amazing, as is the rest of the team there. From the very beginning, Kelsey kept in constant communication with me, and as we got closer to the day, was always accessible via phone or email. She was so flexible and helpful even as I made last minute changes to the guest count and catering options. And her expertise came in handy when planning out the little details that would best benefit myself and, even more importantly, my guests!

She, along with the other staff, were so helpful in getting all of our decor & things set up the night before. Not only did they help bring all of my boxes upstairs, they helped with setting up the centerpieces and other arrangements. They also already had some beautiful Christmas decorations set up for the season, and kept my personal wedding colors in mind when setting up the area that our reception was held in. The reception area already looked so beautiful even before I put out my own decorations.

I also have to mention the food because it far exceeded my expectations! I was so pleased with the quality of the food, from the appetizers to the dinner & desserts. Before booking Laurel Park for our wedding, I had looked at previous venues for which the price of food was outrageous. For a third of those prices we were able to give our guests a restaurant-quality meal, for which I received many compliments.
    (Another note about the staff: Kelsey was kind enough to set aside some appetizers just for our bridal party, and brought down drinks for me & the groom while we took photos during the cocktail hour. And during the meal we had great servers who provided the best, most attentive service to the two of us!)

All this is to say, get married at Laurel Park! This venue and the staff provided me a wedding day that was far better than anything I had ever imagined.

*Will upload photos of the venue once I get them back from the photographer!

Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park's reply:

Rachel,

Congratulations! Thank you again for hosting your special day with us at the Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park. It was a pleasure working with you throughout the planning process and throughout the duration of your event.
    We appreciate all of the compliments and comments and will make sure to share them with the rest of our staff. Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness! Come back and visit us again for future events!
  • Nicky
    Nicky F. Married on 11/16/2019

Beautiful and Elegant Wedding

Laurel Park was the first venue we visited. We had a few other venues in mind for our wedding, but we finally decided to book Laurel park. I'm usually coordinating other events and weddings, so I had a vision for our wedding. I wanted something simple but elegant. From the beginning to the end, Kelsey was very helpful. Not only is the place beautiful, everything was topnotch. We had both our wedding and ceremony in the Ruffian room and cocktail in the sports bar area.

Food/Drinks: Both my husband and I are Jamaican. We wanted to substitute a few items on the menu to Jamaican food, and Kelsey made that happen. We met the chef for our tasting and fell in love with what the chef made. We were sold after that. We had a specialty Jamaican drink on our menu, and they made it happen as well. We received so many compliments from our guests about the food, drinks, and our entire wedding.

Communication/Services: Kelsey made us feel like we were the only wedding/events they had going on during the months of planning. I was very detailed as I planned my entire wedding. She was very responsive to all my questions, concerns and many changes along the way. On the day of our wedding, Kelsey and her staff were very attentive and made our bridal party, and the guest feels welcome.

Detailed: Kelsey helped me go through every detail on how I want the space to set up. Between the ceremony and reception, from where we will put our photo booth, DJ, etc. Even from selecting the tablecloth colors. I much say she followed along with our vision. Our vision came alive, and I was a happy bride/coordinator. We were able to drop off our centerpieces, and other items I believe 2 days ahead of our wedding. We had extremely large centerpieces that we made ourselves. Kelsey and her staff were impressed. Her staff was very careful in moving our centerpieces and items that we bring in for our decor and take very good care of everything.

I think overall our wedding was a success. The venue is beautiful, Kelsey and her staff are amazing, and we had a wonderful experience. I'm glad we did our wedding there, no regards. I'll host another event there again for sure.

Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park's reply:

Nicky,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! You were a fantastic couple to work with! We appreciate you sharing your comments from start to finish of your big day. The photos you shared are absolutely stunning. We will make sure to pass along the kind words to the staff that worked the event and are looking forward to having you have for another event in the future! Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness! Congratulations!

Real Weddings

• Cody & Kim
    42 photos · 03/09/2019

Deals

Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park 1
Offer

Book your 2022 Wedding Reception at the Maryland Jockey Club and receive a "1st Anniversary Day at the Races" Experience for up to (4) guests to include a custom named race, watching the named race from the Winner's Circle, a group picture with the winning Jockey and a $22 voucher per person for our TIPS or TYCOONS Restaurant.

Team

Kerstin Rivkin
Kerstin Rivkin
Director of Event Sales

Born and raised in Germany I came to the United States after receiving my degree in Hospitality Management.

Working for a local Hilton brand property and then moving to and working in Las Vegas for over 6 years my passion grew for special events held in non-traditioanl event spaces.

I have a broad range of banquet and event experience - selling and servicing a vast variety of functions such as corporate meetings, themed cocktail receptions, banquet dinners, weddings and holiday parties for groups as small as 10 guests to groups as large as 700 guests. I am committed to excellence, an exceptional communicator, creative, well organized with an attention to detail and look forward to planning your perfect event experience.

Kelsey Spriggs
Kelsey Spriggs
Hospitality & Event Sales Manager

Come book your special day with us at the Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park! Kelsey has experience as not only a sales manager, but also wedding coordinator. All of your event details will be taken care of to make sure you have the perfect event from start to finish!

198 Laurel Race Track Road Laurel, MD, 20725
Location of (Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park)

Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park frequently asked questions

What items and services are included in the starting site fee at Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park?

Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:
  • Chairs
  • Linens
  • Parking
  • Set Up
  • Tables

At Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park, what items and services related to wedding catering are included in the cost?

Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park includes the following items and services in its wedding catering costs:
  • Cake Cutting
  • Dessert
  • Server(s)

At Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park, what does the bar service starting price include?

The bar service starting price at Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park includes:
  • Champagne Toast
  • House Beer
  • House Liquor
  • House Wine

What are the most important characteristics of Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park for wedding events is known for:
  • Ballroom
  • Banquet Hall
  • Historic Building
  • Restaurant

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park for wedding events?

Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor
  • Covered Outdoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor
  • Scenic Views

What kind of wedding events does Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park offer?

Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Bridal Shower
  • Engagement Party
  • Elopements
  • Rehearsal Dinner

What services does Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park offer for wedding events?

Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park offers the following services for wedding events:
  • All Inclusive Packages
  • Lighting / Sound
  • Outside Vendors
  • Set Up
  • Wifi

What furniture and decorations does Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park have available for wedding events?

Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:
  • Audio Equipment
  • Centerpieces
  • Chairs
  • Furniture
  • Tables
  • Tents

What percentage of users recommend Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.9 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 5 in quality of service, 5 in flexibility, 5 in professionalism, 5 in value and 4.7 in average response time.

What kind of wedding service promotions does Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park offer?

Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park currently offers 1 offer promotion for wedding services.

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding