198 Laurel Race Track Road, Laurel, MD 20725 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 1

About Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park

Laurel Park is a historic wedding venue located in Laurel, Maryland. This establishment began its history in 1911, joining the racing ranks. 1914 saw the purchase of the track and the celebrated Col. Matt Winn, well known for putting the Kentucky Derby on the map, overseeing the management of the property. After changing a couple of hands, Laurel Park was purchased by the Schapiros in 1950. After successful expansion and numerous races, Schapiro's reign was succeeded by Frank J. De Francis and the Manfusos, Robert and John, in 1984. Millions of dollars were funneled into the property in the subsequent years, resulting in the creation of the Sports Palace, lavish clubhouse renovations, and various improvements scattered throughout. Joseph A.De Francis took on the responsibility of the venue following his father's passing, revitalizing it to suit modern-day interests and demands.

Facilities and Capacity

Laurel Park is pleased to host a variety of occasions from bridal showers to ceremonies. This venue has eight event rental options. The first is the Carriage Room which allows 800 people to attend your wedding. The next space is the Ruffian Room which holds a capacity of 200 guests seated. There is also a Sports Bar that allows for a maximum of 500 people. Should a party need a bit more space, they can rent out the entire second-floor clubhouse, inclusive of the Ruffian Room and Sports Bar. Otherwise, couples are able to make use of the Director's Room which is perfect for a 75-person cocktail party. Sixteen individuals fit within the Grand View Dining Boxes, and both the Sky Lounge and the White House Lawn fit 300 guests.

Laurel Park offers a wide range of services for couples that book at their venue. This can include anything from personalized service to bar and banquet packages. An appointment may be made with their sales manager to discuss any specific questions a couple may have leading up to their wedding celebration.

picture1 51 1030349

Real Weddings 9 Photos

6 Reviews for Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park

• Rachel

Rachel Hoyle · Married on 12/14/2019

The most fun & unique wedding experience!

Everything about my wedding experience at Laurel Park was so beyond perfect, I don't even know where to start!

This was such a fun venue to have our wedding ceremony & reception! We held the ceremony in the beautiful Ruffian room, it was perfect and elegant. For the reception we moved upstairs to the Terrace level where our guests had views of the racing in the background for some added entertainment. Throughout the wedding and in the weeks that followed, I had so many guests comment on how much they loved the venue and how it was so different from other weddings that they had attended.

Kelsey, the venue coordinator, is simply amazing, as is the rest of the team there. From the very beginning, Kelsey kept in constant communication with me, and as we got closer to the day, was always accessible via phone or email. She was so flexible and helpful even as I made last minute changes to the guest count and catering options. And her expertise came in handy when planning out the little details that would best benefit myself and, even more importantly, my guests!

She, along with the other staff, were so helpful in getting all of our decor & things set up the night before. Not only did they help bring all of my boxes upstairs, they helped with setting up the centerpieces and other arrangements. They also already had some beautiful Christmas decorations set up for the season, and kept my personal wedding colors in mind when setting up the area that our reception was held in. The reception area already looked so beautiful even before I put out my own decorations.

I also have to mention the food because it far exceeded my expectations! I was so pleased with the quality of the food, from the appetizers to the dinner & desserts. Before booking Laurel Park for our wedding, I had looked at previous venues for which the price of food was outrageous. For a third of those prices we were able to give our guests a restaurant-quality meal, for which I received many compliments.
    (Another note about the staff: Kelsey was kind enough to set aside some appetizers just for our bridal party, and brought down drinks for me & the groom while we took photos during the cocktail hour. And during the meal we had great servers who provided the best, most attentive service to the two of us!)

All this is to say, get married at Laurel Park! This venue and the staff provided me a wedding day that was far better than anything I had ever imagined.

*Will upload photos of the venue once I get them back from the photographer!

Sent on 01/03/2020

Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park's reply:

Rachel,

Congratulations! Thank you again for hosting your special day with us at the Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park. It was a pleasure working with you throughout the planning process and throughout the duration of your event.
    We appreciate all of the compliments and comments and will make sure to share them with the rest of our staff. Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness! Come back and visit us again for future events!
  • Nicky

Nicky Freeman · Married on 11/16/2019

Beautiful and Elegant Wedding

Laurel Park was the first venue we visited. We had a few other venues in mind for our wedding, but we finally decided to book Laurel park. I'm usually coordinating other events and weddings, so I had a vision for our wedding. I wanted something simple but elegant. From the beginning to the end, Kelsey was very helpful. Not only is the place beautiful, everything was topnotch. We had both our wedding and ceremony in the Ruffian room and cocktail in the sports bar area.

Food/Drinks: Both my husband and I are Jamaican. We wanted to substitute a few items on the menu to Jamaican food, and Kelsey made that happen. We met the chef for our tasting and fell in love with what the chef made. We were sold after that. We had a specialty Jamaican drink on our menu, and they made it happen as well. We received so many compliments from our guests about the food, drinks, and our entire wedding.

Communication/Services: Kelsey made us feel like we were the only wedding/events they had going on during the months of planning. I was very detailed as I planned my entire wedding. She was very responsive to all my questions, concerns and many changes along the way. On the day of our wedding, Kelsey and her staff were very attentive and made our bridal party, and the guest feels welcome.

Detailed: Kelsey helped me go through every detail on how I want the space to set up. Between the ceremony and reception, from where we will put our photo booth, DJ, etc. Even from selecting the tablecloth colors. I much say she followed along with our vision. Our vision came alive, and I was a happy bride/coordinator. We were able to drop off our centerpieces, and other items I believe 2 days ahead of our wedding. We had extremely large centerpieces that we made ourselves. Kelsey and her staff were impressed. Her staff was very careful in moving our centerpieces and items that we bring in for our decor and take very good care of everything.

I think overall our wedding was a success. The venue is beautiful, Kelsey and her staff are amazing, and we had a wonderful experience. I'm glad we did our wedding there, no regards. I'll host another event there again for sure.

Sent on 01/04/2020

Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park's reply:

Nicky,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! You were a fantastic couple to work with! We appreciate you sharing your comments from start to finish of your big day. The photos you shared are absolutely stunning. We will make sure to pass along the kind words to the staff that worked the event and are looking forward to having you have for another event in the future! Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness! Congratulations!

Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park Pricing

Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park Price Rates

Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 2500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 500.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Chairs
    Linens
    Parking
    Set Up
    Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Dessert
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service?
    $ 5.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    House Beer
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Banquet Hall
    Historic Building
    Restaurant
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
    Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Elopements
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    All Inclusive Packages
    Lighting / Sound
    Outside Vendors
    Set Up
    Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
    Plated
    Server(s)
    Stations
    Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Specialty Beer
    Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available?
    Audio Equipment
    Centerpieces
    Chairs
    Furniture
    Tables
    Tents
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Valet
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January
    February
    March
    October
    November
    December

Real Weddings

• 198 Laurel Race Track Road Laurel, MD, 20725 See on map
    Location of (Maryland Jockey Club at Laurel Park)