43 Reviews for Michael Simon Photography

Multi. Locations (3)
Prints (3)
Proofs (3)
Engagement Shoot (1)

Working with Mike for our wedding was a dream come true. We met twice before the big day and he not only shared great ideas but also asked us about ourselves so he could make sure the photos and process really reflected us, which they did. He was easy going day-of, keeping his eye on the time while assuring us everything was going well. It just felt so relaxed and natural. He was willing to do whatever we wanted, including trapsing through the woods to find a certain spot (our idea). He was great with our families, the guests loved him (“who is that?!” They said), and our pictures are truly magical. We love Michael Simon!! Thank you for making our wedding day so incredible.

Profile Picture Rachel , 6/8/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Michael Simon made our day absolutely perfect. The photography was very important to us both and Michael did not disappoint. His professionalism was stellar and his turn around time, despite our wedding taking place at the start of holiday season, was fast. He made our day complete!

Profile Picture Jeanice, 11/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Michael was fantastic! We had spoken to a few other photographers and he immediately made us feel comfortable and at ease. Not only was he extremely accommodating with our slightly unusual schedule, but he had a great attitude and was consummate professional. He provided some helpful guidance and really focused on what we wanted. We felt like he made an effort to get to know us before the event and spent time to get to know our venue before the event. Many of our guests commented later on how impressed they were with him. Plus, he's just a really nice guy! We would recommend him highly and without hesitation!

Profile Picture Carolyn, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Michael Simon was one of the first vendors we booked, and one of my favorite vendors by far. He was awesome at helping my husband and I come up with the vibe we wanted for the day and what kind of pictures would work best at our venue. At our planning meeting a couple months before he seemed genuinely interested in us and excited to take pictures of our wedding. I left feeling excited myself. On our wedding day, Michael and his second photographer, Ethan, showed up early and were very flexible in getting all the portraits done before the ceremony even when we got a bit behind schedule. During the reception they were all over the place capturing the best moments and I can't wait to see the final pictures!

Profile Picture Emily, 12/10/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images

I don't know what there is to say about Michael except that he is amazing! Michael was the photographer for my brother's wedding and when it came time for us to find someone, we knew exactly who we wanted. He is so easy going and just totally blended into our family. Michael is also extremely easy to work with and dedicated to his profession. He wants to get to know a couple before the wedding and does his homework to scope out the best picture spots. This combo makes for a beautiful album. He picked up on the vibes of our families and caught all of the emotions. His portraits are beautiful. My personal favorite photos from the day, though, are the candid shots he and his assistant were able to capture - they transport you right back to that moment. They got right up in the action but so unobtrusively so, I still can't figure out how they did it! I would never recommend anyone besides Michael - he was easily the best decision we made!

Profile Picture Erika, 10/8/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

Our entire wedding day, my groom and I kept saying Michael was worth every penny. We met with several photographers and knew from the moment we met him that he just got us. He has a calm demeanor, which was important knowing we were going to spend the entire wedding day together. We wanted someone that didn’t just take portrait/posey pictures but had a photojournalistic style.

He had never shot at our venue before and met with us the week before to scope out the church/reception space. He also helped review our timeline to make sure we were allowing enough time to ensure he captured what we wanted.

The day of he was on time and prepared. His assistant was also fantastic and so nice. He was the perfect blend of the calm demeanor we wanted on a hectic day, but also assertive enough to direct a large group of people and keep the family photos moving.

A week after the wedding we received a sneak peak of about 15 pictures. We then received the rest of the shots exactly 6 weeks after the wedding. hey were incredible. He captured some really great moments with a really artistic style.

I couldn't be happier and would book him all over again if I had the choice!

Profile Picture Jackie, 9/9/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

What can I say? Michael was hands down the best vendor that my husband and I worked with for our wedding (and we had some great vendors!). Photography has long been a serious hobby of mine—and I’m incredibly picky in general—so I knew that picking a photographer would be one of the hardest decisions for me during wedding planning. I wanted a photographer who would capture not only beautiful portraits of me and my husband, but also candid moments throughout the wedding, especially of our family and friends. I was not interested in someone who would spend a ton of time setting up elaborate cheesy photos. I found Michael through apracticalwedding.com and knew after speaking with him by phone (he’s based in Richmond and my wedding was in Northern Virginia) that his personality and wonderful visual aesthetic made him the best choice for our wedding. Ironically, it was actually one of the easiest decisions of the whole planning process!

Michael was nothing but a pleasure to work with leading up to the wedding, always making sure we knew he was available to answer any questions we had as they arose. We had a couple of planning calls and I felt totally at ease about the plan for the day. As a semi-professional worrier, it was wonderful to not have to stress about the photography leading up to the wedding. On our wedding day itself, Michael and his team were fantastic – personable, professional, and great at making everyone feel at ease. Several members of our wedding party later told us how great they thought they were! And of course, it should come as no surprise that the images themselves are gorgeous. We LOVE them! I’m so incredibly glad we went with Michael for our photographer and recommend him highly and without hesitation.

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/4/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, High-Res Images

I wholeheartedly and enthusiastically recommend Michael - we're fortunate to have been able to work with him for our January wedding. Our first phone conversation put us at ease immediately (and involved Indiana Jones jokes right alongside nitty-gritty conversations about his artistic approach). He was the first vendor we booked, and was unfailingly responsive, good humored, organized, professional, and flexible. He accommodated our requests and was proactive in finding solutions, planning ahead with incredible foresight to be in the right place at the right time to get the shots that we didn't even know that we wanted. He hadn't shot in our particular venue before, so took the time to visit, scout out the place, and understand the physical flow of the day. We had a preview of our photos within two weeks, a full gallery within two months, and a printed album just a few weeks later. The photos show so much pure joy, and capture incredible (and incredibly accurate) personality. We laughed through each page of the album. I'm immensely grateful, and wish you the same wonderful experience we had.

Profile Picture User5068869, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files

When we were planning our wedding, my husband and I were incredibly fortunate to enlist Michael Simon's services. I spent time looking through various websites that displayed examples and immediately loved the artful and yet personal beauty of Michael's work. I contacted him immediately and I have been thankful in each stage of the process since then that I did! He put my husband and I at ease immediately and was absolutely fantastic to work with. He was clear, thorough, professional and precise; we always knew exactly what he needed from us as clients and what we could expect in terms of his services previous to, the day of, and in follow-up. At the same time, he managed to be open and flexible and understood (even gave us valuable pointers on) how wedding days actually go. He is very friendly and personable; two traits the helpfulness of which cannot be overestimated, as your photographer will have to work with the myriad of personalities and situational factors present on your wedding day. Everyone in attendance at our wedding responded to this and many commented on it afterward. Of all our vendors, he was hands-down the most responsive and had an optimistic and can-do attitude. His creativity, experience and planning ability facilitated some gorgeous photo opportunities. This brings me to the actual product of all this- the pictures. They are truly gorgeous and will be treasured by our families forever. They are timelessly beautiful and every time I look at them I am able to revisit all the best details of the day. They hold all the visuals in fantastic style, but the thing that is really special about them is that they show what one can't see with the naked eye; the connections between people, the atmosphere of the day, and of course the sweetness and love present in a special way on that particular occasion. If he is available, you would be immensley fortunate to work with Michael- we certainly were, and would wish this for anyone!

Profile Picture Meredith, 11/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

From the first time Michael and I sat down to talk about my wedding, I felt like he really understood what I was looking for. He made me feel not crazy, which sounds so simple, but I'm sure all brides can appreciate why that's important. He was open to discussing all of my fragmented thoughts and ideas, and always responded with reassurance and professionalism.

Michael's technical skills were evident in the way he expertly navigated the challenges of our events. His photos are beautifully composed, take full advantage of their setting, and are executed flawlessly. Michael is really willing to get into the weeds, both literally and figuratively. As a professional, Michael is open and enthusiastic while maintaining a refreshing level of calm and organization. He gives the impression that he'd be a good man to have around in an emergency. He rolls with the punches and doesn't appear to be surprised by much. In the context of a hectic wedding day, these personality traits were a relief.

In particular, I was impressed by a conversation we had a couple of days before our wedding, where we talked about a few tweaks we wanted to make to the portrait phase of our wedding photos based on some things we didn't love about our engagement photos. Specifically, we felt that we made awkward subjects in our engagement photos, and so we asked for more direction from him. Michael was receptive to our feedback and knew exactly what to do with it.

One of the best parts of working with Michael was the surprise of receiving a preview of our wedding photos just two days after our wedding. His turnaround on our engagement photos was prompt (less than two weeks!), but I wasn't even remotely expecting such a quick turnaround on wedding photos. I was brought to tears by the beautiful preview, and couldn't have been more pleased with the final product. We highly recommend Michael's work, and we won't hesitate to work with him again in the future.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Proofs

We love Michael Simon! In researching potential photographers, we were a little disheartened by how expensive they all were. A great photographer was not at the top of our list of "must-haves" as we were trying to save money and knew photography would break the bank! Lucky for us, we found Michael and got a top photographer at a very reasonable price! He fit our personalities perfectly and we clicked instantly when we met. He also helped give us some advice for how the day should flow, timeline, etc. His suggestions were always spot on. All the photos turned out beautifully! Michael's eye is great for capturing candids and the whole feeling of a wedding. We were not that into portraits or a bunch of hokey posed shots, and Michael went right along with our preferences (not that I think he would ever take a hokey photo - that's not his style!) ;) Overall, Michael was one of the favorite aspects of our wedding and he helped us capture memories from the day which we will cherish forever!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 9/12/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

To say that Michael's photos exceeded expectations is a huge understatement…He seems to have captured our personalities and the tone of the event in every shot. I want to print them all!

Michael travelled up to CT, engaged with our friends and family, and gave us something to make these memories last much longer!

I just got back from a 2 week work trip with very little internet, and can't say what a pleasure it was to finally open the photo website he arranged. I'd recommend him to anyone!!

Profile Picture User5504003, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

Michael is talented, organized, and professional. We feel fortunate he was available for our wedding, and we are thrilled with our photos from the day. Communication was thorough and clear, and it was easy to access and share our beautiful photos with family. We recommend him with no hesitation; he is artful, has integrity, and is a pleasure to work with.

Profile Picture Amy Beth, 10/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My wife and I do not have single complaint about Michael Simon. As a photographer, he did everything we wanted on our wedding day: he thoroughly documented the preparations for the wedding, the ceremony, and the reception; he captured lots of moments that we would have never known about if he hadn't been there to record them; and he took lots of beautiful, beautiful photographs. Michael's wedding photography is creative without being cheesy or overcooked. And he works very hard, during the event and before and after it. (One example: we ran in to him a couple of days before the wedding when we were doing our final site visit at the park where the ceremony took place--he was there scoping out shooting locations for our wedding.)

Aside from his skill as a photographer, Michael is a nice guy. We found him very easy to work with; he was a much-needed calming presence during the planning process and on the wedding day. He has shot many weddings and knows what he's doing. When it came time for us to cut the cake and we realized we hadn't rehearsed or planned that moment, he was there to tell us exactly what to do.

I am a photographer myself, and I would highly recommend Michael Simon to just about anyone.

Profile Picture Michael, 7/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Micheal is a consummate professional. Prompt, courteous, informative, and efficient.

And yes, the photos are fantastic!

No regrets whatsoever and we highly recommend Michael.

Profile Picture Bill, 8/23/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Michael Simon is the best. The photos were fantastic, and he was friendly and responsive starting from the first time we contacted him, to months after the wedding when we were putting together an album. He was accommodating to everyone at the wedding, and was generally a really fun guy. Guests commented afterwards about how much they liked the photographer!

Profile Picture Joanna, 5/18/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I would 100% recommend Michael to any bride - he was such a pleasure to work with. Michael met with my husband and I to walk through every detail of what moments we wanted to capture, what portraits we wanted taken, etc. He was super flexible and easy to work with and made really great suggestions. He also did a really great job helping us manage our time to make sure we got all the shots we wanted. I also LOVED his idea of how our first moment seeing each other should go, which ended up being such a beautiful/emotional moment that i'm so glad he captured. We got a beautiful photo book of every photo taken (and of course an online album of every photo that we could share with friends/family that everyone can purchase prints from - very convenient). On top of being super professional, he's just a really great funny guy - you can't go wrong!

Profile Picture Jessalyn, 10/6/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

you know when you speak to someone for the first time and you just click? in short, that's michael simon.

from the first time we spoke, michael understood who were we as a couple and totally understood what we wanted to capture on our wedding.

the day itself was amazing. looking through our album we saw completely natural pictures of ourselves and our family and friends enjoying a series of perfect moments, which brings me to his style.

he's very journalistic. he found a way to capture every moment without intruding and what we ended up with was an entire album filled with favorites, not just a few stand out pictures.

by the end of our day, it was a growing joke that if my husband had met michael earlier, michael would have probably been the best man.

he's a great guy with great talent and we loved him and consider him a friend to this day.

erin and benn azar
new orleans, la

Profile Picture erin and benn, 10/5/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Working with Michael Simon Photography was a fantastic experience - he is organized, easy mannered and a real professional. The quality of his work is exceptional. I have already and will continue to recommend Michael to friends and colleagues.

Profile Picture Michael, 9/8/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I honestly can't say enough nice things about Michael Simon. The quality of his work is only rivaled by the kindness and generosity of him as a person. He is supremely helpful and willing to go to any and all lengths to get the shot he needs. He has fantastic ideas about what makes a beautiful shot. He gives direction without being intrusive and takes the most amazing photos I have ever seen. He has an incredibly professional and calm demeanor and puts everyone at ease within moments of meeting them. He captures all your important moments without being the slightest bit intrusive. I will recommend him to any and everyone I know.

Profile Picture Sarah Beth , 9/2/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

We could not have selected a better photographer for our wedding. After searcing on line we especially liked the look of Michaels work. When we called Michael we immediately felt a connection and a confidence that he was the right photographer for us. He is a really nice guy, great to work with and a very talented photographer.
We met Michael at the wedding venue in March, in advance of our June Wedding. The venue was spectacular but presented some challenges for a photographer. We were married on a 7th floor, outdoor terrace on Broadway, overlooking Times Square. Michael would be taking many of the pictures straight into the bright lights of Times Square. Michael was not at all fazed by the challenge and in fact was excited about the opportunity. His confident talent is so evident in the in the wonderful and creative wedding photographs we have today.
We also made arrangements to take casual pictures earlier in the week of the wedding in and around New York City. We let Michael select the sites for those shots. He selected the High Line, Washington Square and the old meat packing district all of which have such great New York City character. We had a great day that day in June, it was a fun experience and the pictures we look at those three locations are among our favorites.
From the original phone call, the first introduction in March and the all the hours we spent with Michael in June we would not change a single minute or a single click of his shutter. He is wonderful to work with, responsive, very talented, and fun and today we consider Michael to be a good friend.
Thank you Michael we have wonderful memories of working with you. You captured the spirit of our wedding through your camera lens and gave us printed memories of our wedding week in New York City. We are forever grateful.
Bob & John
Atlanta, Georgia

Profile Picture B , 6/9/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Michael was wonderful to work with. He took fantastic photos for our wedding while making everyone (including this very nervous bride) feel at ease. He was extremely responsive, professional, and organized, and was just a superbly nice guy to be around. My husband and I (and even the very-hard-to-please relatives) have nothing but great things to say about him and his work.

Profile Picture User2626788, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Michael was seriously beyond amazing. We saw his work online and loved it and when we met with him for the first time he was so friendly and easy to talk to. Even though he was the only photographer we met with, we knew we wanted him to shoot our wedding. Michael was incredibly organized and gave us a call the week before the wedding to go over logistics and was at the venue before we were the day of the wedding. We had to wing family photos we wanted since we had forgotten the list at home but again, no problem at all since Michael put us all at ease and got all of the shots we wanted. The photos of course came out perfectly! Everyone we showed them to loved them as much as we did! The candids are always my favorite and it was great to go back and see moments from the wedding that we hadn't remembered since it had all been such a blur. We were also so amazed by how quickly we got the DVDs of all of the photos from the wedding and the proof book that is included in the price of Michael's services (a seriously awesome touch and I'm so glad we have it). We cannot recommend Michael enough!

Profile Picture sadie, 5/19/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

It was truly a pleasure working with Michael! He listened to all of our requests and followed through on every single one of them. He totally went above and beyond by taking some of our photos in the RAIN on our wedding day. We received all of our images and photo books in an amazingly timely manner (even quicker than he had promised!). We were soo soo happy with all of the photos. We would recommend him to everyone and hope we can work with him again in the future!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 7/29/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

What a relief it was to get Michael to document my wedding. My husband and I got married on St. Croix and were left wanting something a little more when we looked into some of the available photographers on the island. I've known Michael since high school and knew what an amazing photographer he was and thought I'd go out on a limb and see if it would be possible to hire him for a destination wedding. I'm so glad we did! He was a much better deal than what was available locally and he is such a joy to work with. I love that he works as more of a photojournalist, capturing moments and memories instead of forcing poses. It was a laid back environment in which you could just enjoy yourself, knowing that he was getting the shots without being intrusive. We can't wait to see what he was able to capture so we can re-live that wonderful night over and over again for many years to come.

Profile Picture Jill, 5/14/11, 5 Reviews