Melange Bridal Reviews

Melange Bridal 7
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 06/15/2019

Great shop!

I flew to Austin from Destin for the weekend to get a Mila Nova gown, but instead returned with a Sophia gown. The crew there spent hours with me to help me find my perfect gown. I couldn’t have asked for a better bridal shop! Thanks guys!

Sent on 06/17/2019
    Melange Bridal 8
    Melange Bridal 9
    Melange Bridal 10
    Melange Bridal 11
  • Veronica

Veronica · Married on 03/16/2019

Sonia is the most amazing seamstress ever!

I can't even say enough about the bridal salon. I went in for a Justin Alexander sale & found a dress I really liked. However, I wasn't in love with the skirt. I had seen several similar Justin Alexander dresses at other stores, but I was thinking it would be great to have the beaded bodice of this gown with the tulle skirt of another. When I asked other stores they said they didn't customize. However, Melange said they had an in store seamstress Sonia and she could do it. I back in a 2nd time thinking there was no way I could say yes to a dress that wasn't even done, but Sonia held a tulled skirt in front of the dress and helped me envision it. I cried because I knew that was how I wanted to look on my day! And she totally made me certain that she knew what she was doing and could pull it off! Sonia previously worked at Vera Wang and has been doing this for decades. She cut off the ruffled skirt and designed a tulle skirt from scratch. The alterations process was fun. Sonia enjoyed the challenge of designing something beautiful for me, and when my friend and I went in every time we got so excited. The alterations price was so very reasonable (and I got the dress on sale). It took about 3-4 alterations to get all the hand sewn pieces of tulle on the dress, and I saw it come to life. It was better than I could ever imagine. Each time I want in I got more and more excited. Sonia was just as excited as I was, and made the dress to fit me like a glove. She was so kind and sweet and made it a truly memorable experience. Sonia is so incredibly talented and any bride would be lucky to have her as part of their process. During my last fitting I couldn't thank her enough for making my wedding dress dreams come true. Everyone was in awe of how beautiful my dress was. And now I have a custom Justin Alexander gown! Thank you so much to all the staff there!

Sent on 04/06/2019
    Melange Bridal 16
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 12/01/2018

Quality customer service

I tried on dresses but didn't even buy my gown from here because I wanted one from a designer they don't sell. However when I needed to steam an antique veil I was borrowing from a relative and the shop where I bought my dress wouldn't do it due to their "liability policy", I took it to Melange which was just down the street from me. Not only did they steam it FOR FREE, but they did it the same day, called me when it was ready, and even had it hanging in an extra long garment bag for protection. Definitely go here if you live in Austin and want good old-fashioned quality customer car.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Maggie · Married on 05/04/2018

The ladies at Melange were amazing from start to finish. They really listened when I was trying on dresses and found me something unique and perfect just for me.

The alterations were a breeze, she heard all of my concerns and at each fitting the dress got better and better.

I'm so thankful to have had such a great experience, I will treasure it forever!

Sent on 06/06/2018
    Melange Bridal 17
    Melange Bridal 18
    Melange Bridal 19
    Melange Bridal 20
    Melange Bridal 21
    Melange Bridal 22

Danielle · Married on 11/04/2017

Loved my dress and really loved the ladies of Melange. Sonja and Taylor are the best!

Sent on 01/18/2018
    Melange Bridal 23
    Melange Bridal 24
    Melange Bridal 25

Jason · Married on 04/22/2017

Gorgeous dresses and accessories! The ladies there were very helpful and patient in helping me choose my dress. While I did say yes to the dress, I did not have my alterations done there. I did buy my bridal sash there.

Sent on 05/13/2017

I absolutely LOVED my dress from Melange Bridal! I wish I had gone here first and saved a lot of time at other shops. They are so friendly and work with you to make your dress perfect for you and your big day! Affordable yet gorgeous and great quality. The service is wonderful and the ladies are incredibly sweet. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 03/18/2016

Tu · Married on 10/08/2016

I had such a great experience at Melange Bridal and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding dress!
    I bought my dream wedding dress here! I love the service/ dresses here so much that I actually bought my second dresses here. My first dress is for the ceremony a ball grown/Aline by Sophia ToIli. My second dress is a fitted/ lace dress by Demetrios for my reception perfect for dancing/send off.
    I am such an indecisive person and Ivana and Taylor were so patient with me they are also very responsive via email when I had questions/ booking appointments. Another reason why I love Melange is they have an in house seamstress, Sonja who has been doing this for years! So no stress on finding a good seamstress/ transportation of your wedding dress.
    I highly recommend Melange Bridal!

Sent on 03/14/2016

Jill · Married on 04/02/2016

My experience with Melange was nothing short of perfect. This was the first place I visited when searching for my dress. I was very unsure on what type of dress I wanted and Taylor was a huge help in finding a style that was flattering for my figure as well as comfortable and within budget. I went to try on many other dresses at other places before finally returning back to buy the first one at Melange. A huge draw for me with this salon is that they have in house alterations and were able to make changes to any of the dresses. I ended up having them change the neckline of my dress to be a sweetheart neckline along with additional normal take in/take out alterations. The fitting experience was wonderful. I never felt rushed and the seamstress really is a master. Where I was unsure, she knew exactly what to do. They were happy to schedule as many fittings as I wanted and even after the dress was done, they offered to let me come try on the dress if I wanted. I am so thankful for the very talented team at Melange and the wonderful service they provided.

Sent on 05/14/2016

I went to Melange mainly because they were having a trunk show for a designer I really wanted to try on. I had read that Melange had a smaller selection but I thought they had a lot of options for people with all different taste. All the ladies working were very friendly, made the appointment very enjoyable- and I had had bad experiences at other local dress stores so that was a big relief. I went shopping just by myself since I recently moved into town; everyone working gave me honest opinions of how I looked and they weren't just trying to sell me any gown. I appreciated them acting as my stand in entourage, I didn't feel pressured to buy but just felt comfortable. I did end up finding my dress and all my interactions with them afterwards of scheduling fittings, or picking out accessories have been just as pleasant.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Samantha · Married on 10/23/2015

Wonderful experience with this shop. The owner who helped me on my initial visit picked out multiple things for me to try that she thought would look good, and she was dead on! Everything I tried on was gorgeous and amazing. I ended up with a David Tutera gown I had originally seen on Pinterest and couldn't be happier. Alterations were great, and I am overall very happy with Melange.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Lena · Married on 10/18/2015

I had such an amazing experience at Melange Bridal. The process went from Feb. 2015 when I found and ordered my dream dress, to June 2015 when the alterations/fittings began, to October 2015 when I picked up my dress the weekend of my wedding. Ivana and all of her associates are so sweet and helpful. They kept me updated throughout the whole process and always answered my emails promptly. I love Sonjia and her alterations team! They created a sweetheart neckline for my dress and made a custom veil for me. If you have a vision and need to alter your dress, they can make it happen! Everyone at Melange is helpful, patient, and they don't mind playing photographer for you with your camera or phone if you didn't happen to bring a friend to all of your alterations appointments. Their new store space is absolutely gorgeous.

Sent on 01/13/2016

I'm from the Houston area and they are in Austin, a 3 hour drive. BUT they were the only one in the area that had the dresses I wanted to try on. One of them turned out to be my dream dress. They ordered it and kept me updated, were flexible with my schedule, and the dressmaker couldn't have been better. She knew exactly what needed to be done and it turned out perfectly. I never thought my dress would be the talk of the town but it was. Thank you!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/13/2015

I am so happy I found Melange! I loved that they got to know me when I called to make an appointment and they had dresses waiting that they thought I would like. I only had to try on a few dresses before finding my dress!! They listened to my preferences exactly and didn't try to pressure me into something I was uncomfortable with. Their staff is all so friendly and welcoming. The alterations were a breeze and they were such high quality. I love everything about my experience with Melange. Thank you!

Sent on 06/30/2015

I loved working with Melange, especially the in house seamstress! Early in my dress shopping, I found a dress that I LOVED at another bridal salon... but it was $4000. Way over my budget. I was able to find a similar dress for less than $1000 at Melange, and the seamstress was able to make additions until I had a dress that was even better than the original one that I wanted! Great value, and I got a custom dress for my wedding!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Greg · Married on 03/15/2015

Our Los Angeles-based daughter literally traveled around the country seeking the "perfect" wedding dress. She visited bridal salons in New York, Chicago, Houston...even Rodeo Drive in L.A. She finally bought a (relatively) inexpensive one at a chain store as a back-up, when she couldn't find "The One". But, at the last minute, she and her mom visited Melange right here at home in Austin, and found IT and Melange even provided a very secure shipping box for us to send it to L.A. for fitting and the ceremony.

Sent on 04/04/2015

Lauren · Married on 07/26/2014

Very easy to work with and made us feel at home.

Sent on 12/21/2015

I had the most amazing time at Melange. I went in thinking I would try a dress on and order one online later. I worked with Alicia and she was great. She told me she wouldn't show me dresses out of my price range because that is an awful thing to do. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Sent on 02/23/2014

Nancy · Married on 02/14/2014

I am an older bride and some of the dress shops sort of ignored me but not Melange. I went to the location right before closing and they still made me feel special. They give individual attention and pay attention to every detail. When they did the alterations, they were not happy until they were perfect and did not charge any extra to make it right. Very professional, responsive and had great ideas on how to make you look and feel special. The suggested a dress that I would not have selected but it was perfect and made me feel so special. They were great to work with!

Sent on 02/25/2014

Kristen · Married on 10/20/2013

To be honest I'm a very high maintenence and difficult bride. Melange was kind when it came to my high maintenence and found me my dream dress without forcing a sale. I'm on a budget which makes it more difficult to find a "dream dress" but Melange did it! AND were able to get below my Budget! Alterations were a breeze and I'm a very happy bride! I would recommend Melange to any bride! It's a cute boutique also which makes for a fun experience! Melange Is a smaller shop but still has a wide variety of gowns

Sent on 09/18/2013

I had the best experience here. Everyone was so nice and helpful and I loved the "French boutique" atmosphere that envelopes you when you walk into the dressing area to try on the gowns. Ivana, the owner, is amazing and so is the sweet seamstress Brandi. They have beautiful gowns for great prices!

Sent on 08/24/2013

Excellent bridal dress services!

Sent on 08/26/2013

Shannon · Married on 08/03/2013

They were so helpful. This was a little shop but the service was absolutely amazing. From picking my dress to the alterations I could not have asked for anything better. They were much more personable than the bigger shops.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Lori · Married on 09/30/2012

We wanted to use locally owned for the entire event but felt compelled to also look at the chains. Once we got to Melange Bridal, we were done! Elizabeth and Nicole were fabulous. They took such good are of Jessica and ensured her wedding dress was exactly as she wanted. They referred us to Triana Tailors for the alterations and Elizabeth was amazing at what she could do to the bustle and hemline. It was just a wonderful experience all the way around.

Sent on 10/07/2012

Chelsea · Married on 07/30/2011

Okay, so I'm not one of those people that dreamed about my wedding dress...I've always been into fashion and pride myself on believing I have good fashion taste but this was a whole new ball game! And not to mention VERY overwhelming!!! And most of you know, after you try on a million things, everything starts to look the same! The staff at Mélange really helped me in figuring out my sense of style and gave me their opinion on what they thought might look great and not in a pushy or annoying way!!! And let me tell you, they were spot on!!! I live in Dallas, and went to Austin looking for something different and was very much surprised by the selection they had a Mélange...I mean I got a dress from PARIS people...in AUSTIN!!! Amazing! I loved my dress so much that I also got my bridesmaid dresses from there! And I was told by several people that they were the prettiest bridesmaids dresses they had EVER seen!!! I would definitely recommend this store to anyone!!! Love the staff and appreciated their expertise and professionalism!! Go there if you want great service, a great selection, and if you want the perfect wedding day gown!

Sent on 08/19/2011