82 Reviews for Maureen Burke Ceremonies

No Denomination (4)
Customized Vows (3)
Rehearsal (1)
Agnostic (1)

Maureen was such a pleasure to work with. My husband and I met with a few officiants, and she was by far the most warm and personable one. She tailored our ceremony to reflect who we are as individuals, but also how we are together. It was really sweet being able to see how she crafted it together into a seamless ceremony that brought people to tears and laughter.

I did become a bit worried at one point because the ceremony draft was delayed in getting to us, but she was very transparent and apologetic regarding what had happened.

During our rehearsal, she took the extra step in having a private conversation with me and my husband, helping to remind us about what was really important for our wedding, and that that day was a celebration of our love for each other. This really helped us refocus on each other and not get lost in the fever of everything else surrounding us. She helped calm me once more prior to the ceremony. It just really goes to show how much warm of a person she is and how much care she puts into making sure the bride and groom are happy.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/1/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious, No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed

When planning our wedding details we decided one of the most important things was the officiant - because they would be a huge part of the atmosphere of this most special day we wanted to be sure to find exactly the right fit. We struck magic in finding Maureen to be that person standing up with us as our celebrant! From the very first inquiry via email and throughout every step of the process Maureen was accessible and right there for us. Maureen is prompt in replying and clear and thorough in her communication. I fully admit that I was a logistics-minded and overly detail-oriented groom, but I always felt at ease that Maureen was on top of everything for our ceremony.

We had Maureen write a custom ceremony for us and it was worth every penny of her very reasonable fee. Maureen starts her process with an introductory phone call outlining next steps and suggestions to spark thinking on ceremony structure, unity rituals, etc. It was informative and made the task of mapping out these details exciting rather than daunting. She was thoughtful with every word she crafted for us and was open to us collaborating on our vows and some other language in the ceremony. The end result was a ceremony that completely reflected both myself and my wife and we couldn't have been happier! Every single one of our guests commented about the personal feeling that our ceremony brought and that is because of the energy and thoughtful touches Maureen brought to our special day. Maureen is warm, bright and truly embodies her role as celebrant - she truly celebrated with us - before the big day and on it!

Profile Picture Emerson, 4/28/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious, No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed

Choosing an officiant from the internet is not easy. Let me tell you that you need not look any further. Working with Maureen was an absolute pleasure. We felt that she truly took time to get to know us and built a ceremony that was exactly what we had hoped for. Maureen was genuine, kind, and an amazing resource through the entire planning process.

From the first Skype call to the rehearsal to the actual wedding, Maureen was professional, heartfelt, and attentive. We could not have asked for a better person to marry us.

Profile Picture Kelsey, 2/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Maureen was thorough, knowledgeable, and incredibly helpful to both of us. She helped us from start to finish with crafting a custom ceremony, and executed flawlessly. She was also an incredible resource in terms of helping us with coming up with various custom elements for different parts of our ceremony. We highly recommend her services, and will be referring her to our friends in the future!

Profile Picture User7504476, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We felt so lucky to find Maureen. We were late to the game and had despaired of finding an officiant possessing wisdom, erudition, humor and humanism. By a stroke of luck we contacted her minutes after another couple had to postpone their ceremony scheduled for our date. Maureen did a masterful job of learning our "story" and incorporating it into a memorable, meaningful ceremony. We can't recommend her highly enough.

Profile Picture Dan, 10/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Immediately, we loved Maureen. She was warm, friendly, real, open and honest. She wasn’t just trying to sell us on her services, but rather was just completely herself which won us both over. At the onset of planning we had intended on using Maureen for our wedding ceremony, however due to unfortunate circumstances, we ended up also using Maureen for a memorial services for both my mother and sister. Maureen remained professional, supportive, and steadfast in a time of my life when everything seemed like a hurdle. What I most appreciated about Maureen during this time was her patience with me and my family. Maureen created a beautiful and memorable service incorporating the personal essence of both my mother and sister – one-of-a-kind and personalized paying particular attention to detail. She was always accommodating, allowing for multiple revisions. We held the lovely service on the beach in June of 2016. Once this was over, we got back to planning our actual wedding ceremony. We are both spiritual and still wanted to incorporate some religious aspects into our ceremony without being overly traditional. Maureen provided us with a lovely packet of information and ideas to help guide us and help us make decisions about what we did and did not want out of our ceremony. Maureen was extremely responsive and consistently flexible with our wishes and needs. Our wedding ceremony was planned for outside, and although the doppler radar called for no rain, it begin misting, and then raining as guests arrived! Maureen remained calm and collected, despite the chilling raining, extreme wind, and giant balloons hitting her in the back of the head! What really made the ceremony memorable was the beautiful and meaningful language Maureen used. She completely captured the eight years of support, adventure, and love between the two of us. Through it all, we loved Maureen and her services – we would 100% utilize Maureen’s services again.

Profile Picture Sica, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Maureen was absolutely fantastic and a joy to work with during our big day. our ceremony was tailored to what we both had wanted. We couldn't have imagined anyone else marrying us!

Profile Picture User7431040, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Maureen was simply perfect! She made our wedding day amazing and I am so happy that we chose her to be our officiant on our special day. She was exactly what we were looking for since my husband and I aren't very religious, plus I'm not extremely traditional. The ceremony she created for us, fit us to a T. Every word meant something and I'm still told by everyone who attended the wedding how amazing it was that you could feel the love in the air with every word spoken.

We decided to write our own vows and Maureen even helped us with this step by supplying us with sample vows and different ways to write them. My husband and I thought it would be so difficult, but literally an hour later and we were both done and completely satisfied. She even took the readings I found and placed them beautifully within the ceremony so that it continued to flow very nicely. Throughout the ceremony she spoke clearly and everyone was able to understand everything.

We did have a minor slip up with the marriage license, it didn't get signed the day of the wedding, but no worries there. As soon as we realized what had happened we called her up and the next day she drove to OUR apartment, signed the license and sent it out pronto.

Maureen was seriously amazing and we are very happy with her work. I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Haley, 9/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Maureen was WONDERFUL! She was such a delight to work with and she made our ceremony so beautiful and "us" despite only having known us for a few weeks. We received SO many compliments on how lovely our ceremony and officiant were!!

Profile Picture Alexa, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We are so glad we chose Maureen to officiate our ceremony. From the first phone call to the wedding day itself, she was nothing but gracious and warm, and we feel honored to have had her marry us. She offers a questionnaire that is very thorough that she uses to write the ceremony once you complete it. This allows the ceremony to be very personal and meaningful, which was important to us. She created the structure of the ceremony and let us see a draft and make any changes we wanted ahead of time, so that there were no surprises and that we were comfortable with what was said on our wedding day. Maureen also gave us some great ideas into what "traditions" are common/are options during wedding ceremonies, and we chose one that spoke to us. Maureen allowed us to include as much or as little as we wanted. We knew we wanted a relatively short ceremony, we wanted to write our own vows, and we wanted the ceremony to be non-denominational. Maureen was open to all of this and wrote the ceremony accordingly. In the end, it was beautifully written and structured. We were so lucky to have Maureen as our officiant/celebrant, and I would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Amy, 6/4/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I truly can not say enough about our experience working with Maureen. At our first meeting, she was kind and warm and made us feel like family. After speaking with her for just a few moments we knew for sure we wanted her to perform our ceremony. After signing with her, she provided us some materials to help with our vow writing and for selecting our ceremony rituals. As our wedding approached, there was a bit of work involved to fill out our questionnaire to help her write our ceremony, but it was well worth it. We ended up with a ceremony that was personal and exuded the love that my husband and I have for each other. We got so many compliments after the ceremony about how sweet and personal it was. Even our religious parents, who were, at first very upset that we were not having a religious ceremony, told us that our ceremony was more beautiful and touching than any church wedding ceremony they had ever attended.

I think, during the course of wedding planning, you get so caught up in planning the reception that it's easy to lose sight of the fact that the ceremony really is the heart and soul of the day. Maureen's heartfelt ceremony set the tone for our magical day. Thank you so much, Maureen, for making our wedding everything we dreamed it would be!

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

It has been such a joy to work with Maureen for our wedding ceremony, which was held last weekend. She has been very responsive to our questions and communicated openly about what she needed from us to build our custom ceremony. We talked on the phone to make sure that it was a good fit, which was really comforting to know that we clicked from the get-go. She sent us a survey to fill out then we met in person about a month or so before the wedding, to discuss any wedding rituals we wanted to do and whatnot. Once the ceremony was written, she provided it to us with plenty of time to make changes and was very accommodating when we had to make a small change the day before the wedding.

On the day of the wedding, Maureen showed up early enough to talk with us before the ceremony and make sure that we both felt okay, felt ready, and were prepared to be present in the moment. She also took care of submitting the marriage certificate to the county, which was a pleasant surprise. The ceremony went really smoothly and we received a lot of positive feedback from everyone that the ceremony felt very personal, intimate, and exactly right for us. We would definitely recommend Maureen to anyone who is looking for a celebrant!

Profile Picture Victoria, 4/23/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Licensed, No Denomination

Words cannot describe how amazing Maureen is! If you are looking for an officiant look no further!
My husband and I got married in January during the blizzard of 2016 (better known as snowmageddon). Due to the weather situation, several of our vendors could not make it to the wedding. However, Maureen assured us she would be there and she was! She was there for us when even some of our family could not be.
Our venue made us change our wedding date to a day later than originally contracted and moved us to another one of their locations for our safety due to the severity of the blizzard. Maureen was completely fine with these changes. To avoid getting snowed in and not being able to travel to the wedding, my family and friends arrived to our venue two days prior to the wedding and we stayed in a hotel close by. My parents and I suggested that Maureen join us at the hotel and she gladly did! A normal wedding officiant would not do something like this for her clients, but Maureen goes above and beyond what's expected!
Our wedding had a lot of chaos surrounding it, but we could count on Maureen to do an amazing job and she did that and more! Everyone commented on what a wonderful job she did with the ceremony. It was truly personal and reflected our relationship perfectly! Because we had to change ceremony location we actually couldn't be legally married until a ceremony was preformed in the proper county (as we are Maryland residents). So the day after our wedding ceremony Maureen traveled with my family, husband, and I to do a mini-ceremony so that our marriage license could be officially signed.
Maureen did so much for us that we honestly cannot thank her enough! She a wonderful person and an amazing officiant! She is beyond flexible and will do anything to make sure you are happy and that your wedding ceremony is a success! My husband and I are forever grateful for Maureen's kindness!

Profile Picture Christina, 1/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Agnostic, No Denomination, Non-religious

Maureen was very pleasant to work with. She was always polite and very responsive to e-mails. She made sure to get input from me and my now husband on how the ceremony would go. She is also very open and accepting of non-traditional ideas. The ceremony itself was very sweet and sincere and I am very pleased with how everything turned out.

Profile Picture Denise, 10/8/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We are so glad that we had Maureen officiate our wedding. We met her via Skype and in person before the wedding to discuss details, but e-mailed her frequently with updates, changes, and questions. She was always fast to respond, and was very flexible with us making changes to the ceremony. She even provided us some great ideas for ceremonies within our ceremony.

Our ceremony felt extremely personal. We received numerous compliments about Maureen creating a beautiful ceremony. I would definitely recommend Maureen as an officiant!

Profile Picture Jackie, 10/3/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Maureen was the perfect officiant for our wedding in Potomac, Maryland. We were looking for someone non-denominational but with spirit and passion for our backgrounds and traditions. Maureen helped us think through all the elements of our ceremony and design something truly special. She was creative and knowledgeable about many different traditions without overwhelming us with ideas. Overall, our ceremony was incredible and we received many compliments from guests about how amazing Maureen was.

Profile Picture Nathaniel, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Maureen was great! She met with my then fiancé (now husband) and I and listened closely to exactly what we wanted and didn't want in our ceremony. We wanted something that was mostly non-religious, and she took this request seriously and helped us create something that really rang true to us as a couple that is not very religious. She helped us pick from an extensive list of marriage rituals--we ultimately decided to exchange rings and lock love letters in a wine box that we will open and read on our 5th anniversary. Many other couples expressed to us that they loved this ritual, and without her we never would have known about it! She showed us sample vows and let us write our own. During the reception, multiple people approached us and told us that the ceremony was very personal and really reflected us as a couple. I would recommend her service to anyone planning a wedding! She is an awesome human being.

Profile Picture Marissa, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We got married back in August of 2015 and when looking for an officiant, we knew we didn’t want anything too formal but unique to our relationship. We found Maureen and after our meeting and several phone calls, the questions she asked and the ideas she had we knew we were going to get the ceremony that we wanted. And she sure did deliver!! It was the most heartfelt, thoughtful, personalized ceremony we could have ever asked for. She knew when to add some humor and how to make sure she kept the attention of our guests-it was just perfect!
I received so much wonderful feedback from our guests on how great the ceremony was! One even stated that it was the best ceremony they had seen.
If you want to have someone who will take the time to get to know you and personalize your ceremony to how you imagined, Maureen is the perfect officiant. We cannot thank her enough for the wonderful job she did! We HIGHLY recommend her.

Profile Picture Jessie, 8/8/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Maureen Burke did a fantastic job with our ceremony. 4 months before the wedding, my husband and I spent a full day working on the questionnaire that Maureen provided us. The resulting ceremony that she produced based on that questionnaire made our efforts truly worth while. She took everything we provided and made it into a ceremony that was so special and intimate to us that everyone commented on it after the wedding. In the words of one guest -we hated our ceremony so much we couldn't wait to run down the aisle at the end, but yours was so beautiful, you are very lucky. Maureen captured exactly what we wanted from our ceremony -that this was an important day in our lives that was bringing people together. She grasped that we wanted to let people know that this was the joining of families and friendship groups as my husband and I were also forming our own little family and she expressed that beautifully in our ceremony.

We are keeping a copy of what she said at our ceremony for the future so that we can look back at it when needed. We are also continuing the wedding tradition that she suggested and started at our ceremony. The love letter box. We have written letters to each other telling prior to the wedding day (saying why we chose to get married and what makes the other special) and we placed them in a special box, with special tea that we chose, so that we can read the letters and drink the tea on our first anniversary. We plan to continue the tradition each year so that we can see how our marriage changes and grows as we move forward in our lives together.

Thank you Maureen for making our wedding such a special day and for giving us a tradition that will be something for us to look forward to each year.

Profile Picture Kate, 7/11/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We are extremely happy that we chose Maureen Burke to officiate our wedding. When we met with her for the first time, we found her to be a great listener and knowledgeable to help provide us ideas for our ceremony (and open to our opinions at the same time). We were looking for a non-denominational yet traditional ceremony.

Leading up to the ceremony, Maureen guided us to some sources that provided many samples of language for the opening remarks, honoring of friends/family, vows, etc. We found those to be very helpful and chose a few that matched up with the tone we were going for - we then trusted Maureen to draft up the rest of the ceremony. When we received Maureen's draft script, we were blown away and decided to cut a reading that we were wavering on, because the script already touched on all the topics and emotions that we wanted the ceremony to cover. We were very satisfied with the rehearsal run-through and the big day - we received many compliments from our guests about the atmosphere that Maureen created - it was sentimental and warm, with the right amount of lightness and humor, had language that made all guests feel welcome and included, and was well-delivered.

Profile Picture Pamela, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We are so glad we found Maureen to be our officiant. We spoke with Maureen on the phone and in person multiple times before our wedding last month and she designed a beautiful ceremony for us. It was incredibly personal and we received many compliments from our friends and family. She also organized our rehearsal and completed all of the documents necessary for our marriage license. We are so happy with the wedding ceremony we had and would absolutely recommend Maureen for a personal, intimate wedding ceremony!

Profile Picture User4020117, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Maureen is an excellent officiant. My wife and I looked at a lot of officiants and interviewed many of them. The biggest challenge with most officiants is a lack of flexibility. One ceremony, slightly altered for the specific couple. Maureen was much better that. Not only did she customize a service for us, it was really touching and beautiful. In particular, once Maureen got to know us, she had recommendations that we never would have thought of but were perfect for the ceremony and our families. We highly recommend Maureen for a wonderful and memorable wedding ceremony.

Profile Picture Stephen, 5/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Our experience with Maureen was fantastic! We came across her name during a Google search for non-denominational officiants. She has some great reviews, but we still weren’t sure since you just never know. After talking to Maureen on the phone for about 20 minutes, we knew she was the right officiant for us. She is very open, friendly, and well-spoken. My husband and I knew we wanted an original ceremony, not a boring non-personal one like all the others we’d been to over the years. Maureen sent us both a long questionnaire for us to fill out, which included questions like how did you know your partner was the one, why do you want to get married, what does your future look like, etc. We really took our time and sent them back to her about 6 months before our wedding. Maureen took our answers and blended them together for a really wonderful, personal ceremony. She added a ton of different options for the ceremony; some we kept it, some we took out. That was the best part, being able to create our own flow. In the end, we were so excited for our ceremony, since it was all about our relationship, our future, and us. In terms of the nitty gritty, her price was reasonable and she attended the rehearsal as well as the ceremony, obviously. She was available to answers questions throughout our entire engagement, which was very helpful and comforting. I HIGHLY recommend Maureen Burke!

Profile Picture Devon, 5/16/15, 11 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We had a great experience working eith Maureen :) When we met in person before our ceremony to begin mapping out our script it all came together organically. She offered advice and helpful feedback on ideas we had as well. Maureen was personable, easy to talk to, and genuine. We loved how the feeling and flow of our ceremony worked out. I would definetly recommend her as your officiant :)

Profile Picture Elena, 5/16/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We can wholeheartedly recommend Maureen as an officiant (celebrant) if you're looking for someone whom will give 100% to design a ceremony/event that best represents you and your better half. Maureen is warm, good-humored, easy to work with, flexible, and very focused on her clients. We started with a few ideas about what we wanted, and Maureen really guided us with the right questions and options to fill in the gaps. She was completely open to us making changes to the ceremony script and expertly zoned in on the type of energy and emotion we wanted to convey to each other and our guests. Her questionnaire for the couple really helped us get in the mood to think about how important the day is as a milestone in our lives. We had several phone calls and an in-person meeting with Maureen prior to the ceremony, and she was always prepared and patiently answering all of our questions. Our guests had nothing but glowing reviews of the ceremony and we are so thankful that we found her.

Profile Picture User5153615, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews