Makeup for Your Day Reviews

123 Reviews for Makeup for Your Day

• Alicia

Alicia · Married on 03/09/2019

Just Wow, Really...

I had such a great experience getting my hair and make up done. We had five of us total who got both done, and then my Mother-In-Law got her hair done as well. All of us have very different looks in real life. Somehow they were able to create a look that was so complimentary to each girl AND looked like it all belonged together. They were on time - which is awesome. And, really made the getting ready part fun and stress free. Most importantly, I felt so beautiful on my very special day - at the start all the way through the end of the night

Sent on 04/09/2019

Sara · Married on 04/21/2018

Jennifer was great! My wedding was a hot day at the end of May. Jennifer and her assistant arrived at my hotel, where the air condition system was failing. They were incredibly flexible with a tough situation, quickly moving to no less than 3 new rooms in search of cooler temperatures. Everyone looked great and they were easy to work with - I highly recommend.

Sent on 08/21/2013

Meghan · Married on 10/28/2017

So I am an "older bride" at 32, career, graduate student and mom. It's been easily over 10 years since I was "into" makeup. After a surprise proposal from my partner of 9 years I was super anxious about the wedding process. Too many options in a life that's already got a lot going on. Also, so much of the wedding industry didn't fit us. Our day is more family centered, it's not "all about the bride" and a celebration of a marriage. Which after 4 months of planning are things I've well learned to expect from the industry but peeves that shut me completely down. Jennifer H and Jennifer B completely get our event and needs. It was an easy consult for someone who had little specific idea of what it was I was really looking for. I feel so relaxed knowing Jen B and her team will be there for my bridal party and moms, which evens out my anxiety and helps me look forward to the time this experience from Makeup For your day will provide our family and friends in the bridal party the day of the wedding. My look is gorgeous and effortless without looking overdone and plastic. Perfect fit, high level to detail, wonderful gracious professionalism and ease with planning. 2000% recommend!!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Bridget · Married on 06/17/2017

Makeup for your Day was fantastic to work with! They were responsive via email while I was getting everything set up for my wedding. I used them for my engagement pictures, my rehearsal dinner, and my wedding (for my entire wedding party + moms). They were efficient and always on time. We had 2 hairstylists and 2 makeup artists the day of our wedding (Shannan, Ana, Caitlynn, and Verronica). They were lots of fun while we were playing music and hanging around and, of course, they did an AMAZING job on my entire party! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Makeup for Your Day's reply:

Bridget, we just adore you! Thank you so much for the kind words. We had such a blast working with everyone on your big day. Thank you for choosing MYD!

Shannon · Married on 03/25/2017

I used Makeup for your Day for bridal hair and makeup and also hair and makeup for my bridesmaids. Megan S did all of our hair and Valentina did our makeup. Our hair and makeup looked FANTASTIC! I cannot thank them enough for making my bridesmaids and I look so beautiful on my wedding day. Megan designed stunning hairstyles for everyone, and they were so intricate, I have no idea how she did them in almost no time at all! Valentina did such a great job with everyone's makeup, and she even spent extra time teaching me how to fix my makeup in case my tears tried to mess it up! (Not necessary, both my hair and makeup stayed perfect the whole night). My hair and makeup for my wedding was one thing I was most nervous about, and I am so glad I got to work with Megan and Valentina because they did a beautiful job! I would recommend Makeup for your Day to anybody planning their own wedding!

Sent on 04/20/2017
  • User7677620 · event on: 12/21/2016

My Makeup lesson was AMAZING! I have been wanting to participate in a beauty lesson with Makeup for Your Day ever since I first heard about these lessons five years ago. This past fall, I finally asked for a lesson as my almost-forty birthday present. I'm SO glad I did.

Before my appointment, Jennifer B sent a questionnaire asking about my current skin care routines and what I hoped to learn from the lesson. When I arrived at her Raleigh studio, she sat down to talk with me about my answers. I learned so much from her, even in just the first ten minutes.

She then sat me in the makeup chair to demonstrate several different looks based on how much time I might have to get ready and what sort of event I was preparing for. She made use of my own makeup whenever possible, and she supplemented with her studio's makeup when she wanted me to see how a different product might be useful. I loved how I looked at the end of the lesson, and more importantly, I loved how much more confident I felt about what products to use and how to use them.

Following up on my session, Jennifer emailed me with a list of product recommendations, and she explained which products were most important and worth the extra cost versus products that could be purchased more economically. I feel so happy with the recommendations -- they are exactly what I needed.

Jennifer is kind and funny and brilliant, and it was a delight to learn from her. I love that she made me -- a mom to two young kids -- feel as important and beautiful as a bride in a beauty shoot. I can't wait to go back for a lesson and beauty session the next time I need help with my look.

Thank you Jen B and Makeup for Your Day! Can't wait to come back!

Sent on 01/21/2017

Meredith · Married on 11/19/2016

I would recommend Makeup For Your Day without hesitation for anyone having a special event! From my first contact with them, they were responsive, professional, and obviously very experienced. Kelsi did wedding day makeup for me (bride) and my matron of honor, and working with her was a delight. She expertly created a polished, natural look for both of us that helped create lovely photographs. Kelsi has a warm personality that invites trust and ease, and she's a lot of fun!

Sent on 01/09/2017

Jackie · Married on 10/22/2016

Best! So professional and organized! Kelsi and Jenn did makeup and hair for some of my bridesmaids and Kelsi did my hair (which is a HUGE challenge.) They were fun, efficient and did beautiful work! My hair is down to my waist and I still had curl the next morning after my hair trial- unprecedented! :) My girls and I felt beautiful.

I would highly recommend them to anyone getting married or having a special event... or a Tuesday. :)

Sent on 11/08/2016

Stacy · Married on 10/22/2016

I absolutely loved working with this team! Kayla, Verronica, Jen B., Kelsi and Susanne were professional, but so much fun to spend my wedding day with! I was very pleased with my makeup and hair, which was done by Kayla, and it held up all night long! From my demo in their studio, to seeing them on the morning of my wedding, I knew I was going to be taken care of and had nothing to worry about. Truly a great group of down to earth and talented ladies!

Sent on 12/23/2016

Francesca · Married on 10/15/2016

I felt so comfortable with the ladies at Makeup for Your Day and I will never look back on our decision.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Makeup for Your Day's reply:

We had a great time working with you, Francesca! Thank you for the kind words.
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 10/07/2016

I work weddings nearly every weekend with these amazing ladies and know first hand what it's like to be the one doing wedding hair. But can I just express that now that I've been a bride in their chair, I completely know why everyone on here raves about the quality of MYD. Jennifer House and Jen B. came from Raleigh all the way out past Greensboro to Summerfield Farms amidst the nasty light rain of Hurricane Matthew just starting to brew. They came with big smiles and warm hugs that only helped my day get brighter. Jennifer House took my vision of boho braids and KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK!!! This woman, I don't think there's anything she can't do. My matron of honor has hair above her shoulders and me being little miss "I love braids", asked for her hair to be all up braided. Next thing I know I see her with this gorgeous braided updo that looks like she has hair for days.

When it came time for me to start hair and makeup, reality finally sank in and I realized I was the bride that day. I finally understood why some brides get so quiet, because that's what happened with me. Jennifer House started her magic on my hair and could tell what was going on in my head. She and Jen B. both were so kind and helped me to relax. It's a huge thing realizing you're about to walk down that aisle, especially when it's moved inside after all the rain coming through and not knowing how anything will look. These ladies are soothing and so easy to connect to. And I got my princess hair I had always dreamed of, gorgeous boho braid included :]

But let's not forget makeup. Jen B not only made every single bridesmaid of mine look like a model, and made me feel more beautiful than ever. But it doesn't stop there!!! Jen B. won over my not so wonderful MIL in just seconds. She must have some magic in her kit, because that's something not even I have managed to do. Absolutely amazing team and I can't say enough nice things about having them as part of my big day!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Makeup for Your Day's reply:

Oh Megan, we love you to pieces! You were a gorgeous bride and your whole party was a joy to work with. Xoxo!

I can't say enough wonderful things about this company, and specifically my stylist Shannan! Fantastic job, literally not one girl's hair looked anything less than perfect! Highly recommend this company.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Makeup for Your Day's reply:

Thank you so much! We so enjoyed working with you and we agree, Shannan is amazing!

Lindsay · Married on 09/17/2016

The makeup for your day team was incredible! As a bride, I never felt more beautiful than I did that day! Valentina did my makeup and Megan did my hair-- I felt like a princess. I cannot say enough nice things about them and how talented they are. Dee, Veronica, Ana and Kelsi were also there and did the hair and makeup for my bridesmaids.

Jennifer House was also amazing as she worked hand and hand with me from the date we booked our wedding to make sure everything was set up perfectly and to give me hair/makeup tips.

Everyone looked stunning- they did amazing work. I highly suggest using them for your wedding. They went above and beyond and exceeded all of my expectations!! What a fabulous team

Sent on 10/12/2016

Makeup for Your Day's reply:

Lindsay, thank you so much for your kind words. Our team adored working with you for your special day. We can't wait to see your amazing photos!!

Faustine · Married on 08/14/2016

As an event coordinator, I would love to highlight the immaculate talents of Kelsi and Jennifer with Makeup for Your Day. They are courteous, professional, and have a stunning artistic eye which knows how to enhance the natural beauty of their clients.

I see a lot of vendors come and go- Few do I feel compelled to vouch for and keep close. Make up For Your Day is an exception to the norm. If you're looking for stunning quality and wonderful people- look no further! Thank you so much for your expertise you've brought to The King's Daughters Inn. We hope to have you back in Trinity with our brides again soon. When a bride needs a recommendation- I know who to contact. Thank you all so much!

Sent on 08/14/2016

Makeup for Your Day's reply:

Our dear Faustine, thank you so much for the incredible support and praise. We absolutely love working with you, your venue and your clients! Thank you for your gracious hospitality each and every time.

Nicole · Married on 07/15/2016

Can I please just keep a standing appointment for every week with Megan and Kelsi? These ladies just made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day, and I cannot thank them enough. I wanted something completely different - I wanted a very boho/relaxed/fun wedding, and when Megan said she was the braid queen I certainly put her to the test-- and boy did she come through. The awesome braid/ponytail she did for my rehearsal dinner followed by the amazing braided side up-do she did for the wedding were just to die for! Everything I visioned in my head, she made come true. And Kelsi just brought everything together with the makeup. And Jen B! Her work on my lashes....wow! I think I'm hooked on lash extensions. I just cannot say enough great things about Makeup For Your Day...you made me not only look beautiful on my wedding day but also FEEL beautiful. So thank you a million times over for that. xoxox

Sent on 07/18/2016

Sara · Married on 06/25/2016

I absolutely LOVED having Makeup for Your Day with me and my bridesmaids on my wedding day! They were so easy to work with and made everyone look like the beautiful, natural versions of themselves. My hair and makeup stayed perfect for the entire day and into the early hours of the next morning :) My trial run was so much fun and really cemented them as my choice. I highly recommend using MFYD to anyone who wants to look their best, while still feeling like themselves, for their big day!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Makeup for Your Day's reply:

Hi Sara! Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We can't wait to share it with our team. You were stunning and such a joy to work with. Thank you!

Jennifer was awesome! She came to my home on the day of my son's wedding and did a fabulous job of my hair and makeup. She was very attentive to make sure she applied the types of make up that was typical of my style enhancing my features verses making my look something I was not. I received compliments galore. Thank you Jennifer!!! I plan to use you for additional services!

Sent on 04/04/2016

Julie · Married on 11/07/2015

After being a bridesmaid in a few weddings, I knew one of the things that was super important to me in my own wedding would be makeup and hair to be done on site and for all bridesmaids. I wanted a cohesive look for myself and my bridesmaids which would be captured in my photos. I also wanted a carefree day where no one had to worry about doing their own makeup and hair.

I worked with Jennifer House who met with me for a consultation and I was truly impressed with her expertise. She did a full trial run after discussing my ideal look and it turned out great. Jennifer asked me what I liked or did not like about the look and was extremely open as she understood it was my special day. My only concerns were that my eyes, eye brows, and lashes were heavier than I was comfortable with. No problem she said and as she made notes and took pictures.

Originally, I was going to have my hair dresser do my hair. As someone who liked to have options, I asked Jennifer for a second trial and to do hair for me as well this time. She really listened to my concerns from the first trial and made adjustments to where I loved my look! In addition, she did an amazing job on my hair. Again, her experience shined through with the products she used and her techniques. I loved my hair style and knew I had my look for the wedding. Trust me when I say that hair and makeup are both very important. Plus everything held up very well all wedding day from the happy crying to the fun dancing for myself and my bridesmaids. Do yourself and your bridesmaids a favor and hire Make Up For Your Day!

Thank you so much to Jennifer House and Valentina for getting us ready for the day. The no stress prep was exactly what I needed! It was a blast and I cannot wait to see my wedding pictures!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Makeup for Your Day's reply:

Thank you so much for your thorough and glowing review, Julie! We adored having you in the studio as you prepared and Jen House was so excited to work with you for your big day. You were such a stunning bride!

Rachel · Married on 05/23/2015

I loved working with the ladies at makeupforyourday. All my bridesmaids were getting hair and makeup done, but I wanted them to choose their own looks so they'd feel beautiful as well. Each of my girls looked wonderful, I can't wait to see the pictures. I chose to do the air brushing and I didn't regret it - through the tears, sweating, and hugs, my makeup stayed in place. I took some pictures to my consultation about what I wanted, and Megan and Kelsi were able to create a gorgeous look for me. I felt incredibly beautiful for my big day and I couldn't have done it without makeupforyourday!

Sent on 06/04/2015

Makeup for Your Day's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind feedback, Rachel! We loved working with you and cannot wait for your gorgeous photos. You were a stunning bride!

Michelle · Married on 05/02/2015

Makeup for your Day is the absolute best! I had Kerri do my hair and makeup on the wedding day and we also had Gena do some of my bridesmaids makeup as well. I can't even describe how happy I was with the hair and makeup that Kerri did for me! She made sure to take her time and ask me what I wanted changed or what I didn't like. She never once got annoyed or upset if I asked her to fix a little something with my makeup or hair. The end result was beautiful! I know all of my girls loved their hair and makeup as well :) The ladies at Makeup for your Day truly want you to be satisfied with their services - I know this because two of my bridesmaids got their hair done and later decided they wanted to change it and Kerri jumped right in and made all of the changes that they requested! I cannot thank Kerri enough for making me feel like the most beautiful bride :)

Sent on 05/21/2015

Makeup for Your Day's reply:

Thank you so much for your enthusiasm and kind words regarding our service at MYD! Michelle, it was a pleasure working with you and we can't wait for your gorgeous photos. We hope to see you soon!
  • Gretchen

Gretchen · Married on 04/18/2015

MYD did a fantastic job for my wedding. Both Jens were great to work with. They are laid-back and personable, but also professional. I highly recommend Jen B. for airbrush makeup and lashes. My pictures came out amazing thanks to her knowledge of makeup and photography. I felt beautiful on my wedding day, but not over-done. My bridesmaids and mom enjoyed the experience, too. Thanks so much MYD!

Sent on 05/09/2015

Makeup for Your Day's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind feedback, Gretchen! We had the best time working with you and your bridal party. Can't wait for your beautiful photos!

Fatemeh · Married on 12/26/2014

I was absolutely satisfied with their service on my wedding date. However it was a little pricy, but it really worth it.

Sent on 01/21/2015

Makeup for Your Day's reply:

Fatemah thank you so much for your feedback. We so enjoyed working with you!

a little pricy, but it totally worth it!

Sent on 02/17/2015

Makeup for Your Day's reply:

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy that you loved our service.

Elizabeth · Married on 12/06/2014

Appreciated the attention to detail and the ease with which they accommodated last-minute little changes on the day of the wedding. Great company!

Sent on 01/14/2015

Makeup for Your Day's reply:

Thank you, Elizabeth! It was such a pleasure to work with you. Best wishes and we can't wait to get your photos!!

Carla · Married on 11/29/2014

The ladies at Makeup For Your Day redefine excellent customer service. They are also very knowledgeable, flexible and professional. On your wedding day you want to relax and enjoy the day, not be worried about how your hair or makeup will turn out. I had a trial run with another vendor. When I looked at the pictures I didn't feel pretty or happy. Fortunately, Jennifer B. was able to spend time with me on a trial run understanding what my goals were and educating me about the choices along the way. The result was that I felt exactly as every bride should feel about my hair and makeup. It was flawless!
    Imagine scheduling a holiday weekend wedding. Jen H. was so helpful with scheduling everything. I felt completely taken care of throughout the whole process.
    Thank you so much ladies!!

Sent on 01/14/2015

Makeup for Your Day's reply:

Thank you so much, Carla! You were such a dream to work with and your wedding was gorgeous. We look forward to more photos. All our best to you!