Makeup by Kim Henkel Reviews

22 | North Babylon, NY

22 Reviews for Makeup by Kim Henkel

Stefania · Married on 07/15/2017

My makeup was gorgeous for both my shower and my wedding!!! Thank you so much Kim! Definitely book her! She is sweet, funny, and really listens to what you want!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Linsey · Married on 08/22/2015

I LOVE Kim.

Kim was so easy to work with, and she was amazing! I went for my trial and booked her right away...She was the only makeup artist I had a trial with and I was sold as soon as I met her. She is extremely talented and super easy going. We had some family drama the days before my wedding and our numbers were going up and down, and Kim didn't even blink. She ended up handling ten of us on her own, and every single one of of my bridesmaids came up to me to tell me how much they loved her. I definitely recommend Kim!

Sent on 12/09/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Kim and the impeccable talent she has! My boyfriends brother got married this past summer and I found a makeup artist months in advance to do my makeup along with my boyfriends mom (the Mother of the Groom). Just weeks before the wedding, that makeup artist cancelled on us with. I got in touch with Kim and explained what had happened. Kim reassured me that she was reliable, and that she was! She communicated great leading up to the wedding (which was comforting considering what had happened prior), she showed up promptly and in great spirits the day of, and made us look AMAZING. I can't even count how many compliments we got that night, and how many people asked for her contact information. The makeup lasted all morning, day, and night even on a hot summer day with lots of dancing and sweating. Kim's outgoing personality, professionalism, and talent exceeded my greatest expectations and I'll be using her again soon! I would highly recommend Kim for any and all of you makeup needs! Kim, you rock! Keep doing what your doing :)

Sent on 12/13/2015

Tracy · Married on 06/28/2015

Kim is a gifted makeup artist who offers her services at a reasonable price to match any bride's budget. Kim provided me with a makeup trial in which she listened to my preferences and took notes on her color selections. On the day of my wedding, Kim traveled to my location, arrived early, came prepared, and was a pleasure to have present all day long. Kim, single-handedly, completed the entire bridal party (me plus 5 girls and two moms)! Kim even offered a brand new lip color to keep with me the entire day. I cannot express enough how important it is to find a makeup artist that is personable, reliable, relaxed, honest, and, most importantly, extremely talented!! Thank you, Kim, for helping my wedding day run smoothly and for making us all look like stars for a day! I highly recommend Kim and guarantee Kim is a must on your wedding day!!!

Sent on 12/09/2015

Laura · Married on 05/16/2015

Kim did an AMAZING job on my makeup as well as my entire bridal party! She is extremely talented and made me look and feel so beautiful!! I got a lot of compliments that day and many days after while looking back at photos. Kim is definitely a MUST on your wedding day!!

Sent on 12/30/2015

Dawn · Married on 09/26/2014

I couldn't be happier with the makeup Kim did for myself and my bridal party for wedding! She worked with each member to create a look based on our needs and wants, and every single person looked amazing! She is truly talented at what she does, and listens to her clients. I would definitely recommend her for any event!

Theresa · Married on 08/30/2014

I had my wedding make up done by kim she did such amazing job making me feel gorgeous on my special day!

Nicole · Married on 04/11/2014

Kim has done my makeup for many events including my own wedding I will NEVER use anyone as my makeup artist she is AMAZING!!

Anna · Married on 08/31/2013

Kim is the most amazing make up artist...i loved what she did on my wedding day!! it was so natural and did not smear at all throughout the whole time!! she customized the makeup to everyones features, and people still talk about the excellent service she provided to this day!! if you do not use her, you are missing out on an excellent experience!!!

Sent on 01/10/2015

Lindsay · Married on 07/05/2013

Kim was my makeup artist for my wedding on July 5, 2013. I highly recommend her! Kim has a wonderful personality, was easy to work with, extremely accommodating and flexible, and open to my wishes and suggestions. After several trials with different makeup artists, I was so happy to finally find Kim! She is a professional by every meaning of the word. After a long hot day of taking wedding pictures on the beach, my makeup remained flawless for the entire day and night :)

Sent on 08/31/2013

Cathleen · Married on 06/02/2013

Would definitely recommend Kim Henkel for a bridal make-up artist.

She did a wonderful job, was professional, prompt and personable ( the three "p"s).

Kim was also flexible and accommodated any needs or concerns.

Nicole · Married on 03/24/2013

I have only had one person do my makeup . That is Kim , she is an amazing and talented artist . She is always willing to work around your schedule , even Tavel for the job . Kim is a happy , funny , amazing make up artist . I have has Kim do my make up for several occasions , one being my wedding . I look forward to the next occasion or event my family has , and ill be calling Kim for our makeup .

Nicole · Married on 03/24/2013

Melanie · Married on 03/16/2013

I hired Kim for my trial first (which I set up for my bridal shower) and was amazed. When it came time for my wedding a few months later I was even more amazed. Kim did exactly what I wanted and I looked exactly how I pictured I wanted to look on my wedding day. My makeup was flawless! Even at 2am after my wedding was over, the guys (yes the guys) even said "looks like your make up was just done". Kim did mine, my moms and my bridal party. She accommodated me in every way. I wouldn't have trusted anyone else. I've used her a few times since then, especially for my brothers wedding. She did my sister in laws make up and my moms again. She uses high quality make up and even with tears n sweat it stayed the same through all the important events. Her prices are more than fair and she is a pleasure to be around, even in high anxiety events (wedding) lol. I highly recommend Kim. 5 stars all the way. Thank you again Kim!!! You are amazing and super talented!

Sent on 08/16/2013

Beth · Married on 02/17/2013

I cant say enough good things about kim.. I am not a big makeup person so i had no clue what i wanted or what to ask for. My trial and day of came out perfect! I wish i could look like that everyday ! Kim is professional and a fun easy person to be around on your big day!

Sent on 09/19/2013

Michelle · Married on 01/18/2013

Kim did my makeup for my wedding and it couldn't have looked more perfect. Everyone raved about how beautiful my makeup was. My bridesmaids looked incredible as well. Not only is Kim extremely talented but she is such a sweetheart and so much fun. I highly recommend Kim to anyone and will definitely be using her again the future!

Sent on 08/30/2013

Jess · Married on 10/06/2012

Kim did my makeup for my sisters wedding, my wedding and my friends wedding and it came out great each time. I do not usually wear a lot of makeup so I was nervous about looking like myself for my wedding day and Kim did just that. She listened to my concerns and did a great job. She is so laid back & fit right in with each of the bridal parties. She came to my house and spent hours doing each girl in my bridal parties makeup. I would recommend her (and do) to any bride or bridesmaid!

Sent on 01/22/2013

Gina · Married on 10/29/2011

Kim did my makeup for my wedding day. She was amazing! She made me look and feel like a bride that day! She was early, very detail oriented and used top quality makeup! I received so many compliments on my wedding day on my makeup. She really did such a great job and I would recommend her to anyone!!

Giselle · Married on 06/10/2011

Kim did my makeup for my wedding day and I was so happy with how it turned out. I don't usually wear a lot of makeup and I was concerned that I wouldn't look like myself wearing all sorts of makeup, that's just not me. Kim understood my concern and made me look natural and feel beautiful! She was very professional and it was so nice to have her with me on the morning of my wedding! She has a great personality and is awesome at what she does. I always recommend her to anyone I know who is looking for an amazing makeup artist for any occasion.

Linsey · Married on 05/16/2011

Kim has been my personal make-up artist for a few years now. She has always done a great job. I give her any details (dress, birthday, bridal party, etc) to what event I will be going to and she works her magic. I receive compliment after compliment and it makes me feel great. I never hesitated to tell her to add something or take away something because she tells me time and again to never hide what I want done where as before I found Kim I would be sometimes be unhappy with my make-up done elsewhere. She boosts my confidence ten folds when she is done! I always recommend her and will do so in the future!

Sent on 08/16/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/22/2010

I had four different makeup trials from some of the big bridal makeup companies from all the bridal shows and was still left not satisfied with their work. I then had my makeup done by Kim and she listened to everything I wanted, was very attentive to my needs and the needs of all my bridesmaids. She put all my worries at ease. Her time management was amazing, her products weir perfect and she worked with vary of ages and skin types and colors and made all of my bridal party look like a million bucks! I would put my 100 percent recommendation for Kim and her beautiful work. As a bride you have plenty to worry about, your makeup is one thing you don't want to look back on and not like, book Kim!!! You will not regret it!!

Kim · Married on 06/21/2008

I had hired Kim and loved her. She made me feel very comfortable and did what I wanted not what she wanted. I had a trial with another girl and she did what she thought would look good on me and I hated it. She also was on time for the trail and the wedding day. I have friends who say their make up artists were late and blamed it on overbooking. You can rely on her.