19 Reviews for Kay Bridal

Hair Accessories (1)
Jewelry (1)
Plus Size Gowns (1)
Shoes (1)

Love this bridal shop! They have a great selection and friendly staff. I told Jennifer my budget and what I was looking for and said yes to the first dress she put me in. This was my 5th bridal shop and best experience. Alterations were quick and the shop does great follow through.

Profile Picture Susan, 6/2/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Bridal Gowns

This place is a gem! Walking upstairs to the bridal gown area surprised our family with the selections available. Everything from scheduling, alterations, and payments were simple and easy. Our family had a great and memorable experience. We made sure to share a glass of champagne with Jennifer once we found the one!

Profile Picture Sarah, 2/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Kay Bridal is very welcoming and gives you personal attention. Jennifer is great and extremely knowledgeable about styles that looked best on different figures. Very accommodating with appointments; alterations; and out of town bridesmaids. I would definitely recommend Kay Bridal to my family and friends for wedding gowns & Bridesmaid gowns.

Profile Picture Lisa , 9/23/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Literally the best! If you want quality dresses, excellent craftsmanship, wide selection, kind employees, flexible options, given reasonable time 6 month(they got me mine in 3!) , and affordability, COME HERE.

Seriously, it's family owned and operated. But they really do make it work for whatever you need.
Plus they are 10 times more caring & professional than any store in the area.

Profile Picture Gab, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
0.7

After they mixed up my appointment, I finally was able to come in and try on wedding dresses. Not only would they not let me take pictures, which I at least understand, they wouldn't tell me the designers of the dresses I had on. The consultant wasn't very friendly and the whole experience was unpleasant. I left without buying anything and won't be back.

Profile Picture jill, 5/19/17, 15 Reviews
4.7

I had a wonderful experience with Kay Bridal. It was my second appointment and I found my dream dress on the second dress I tried on! Alterations are a fixed fee, and any adjustments following that are additional. I was a little surprised that my final fitting was scheduled for 1 month prior to my wedding, but it all worked out great and I could not have been happier with my final look! They have a pretty good deal on veils. And even when I found a small tear in my veil out of the box, they returned it to the supplier and ordered a brand new one. I had to follow up on this a few times, but the service was great every time I called and the veil came in earlier than expected. I bought an absolutely gorgeous belt from them that was altered to fit my dress. They went above and beyond to sew on elastic band clasps on the belt so that the buttons in the back of my dress were not covered up. It looked exquisite and people thought it came with the dress! Fitting appointments seemed to feel rushed, but they give great recommendations and in the end I had no problems and was 100% satisfied!

Profile Picture Giselle, 4/29/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Bride, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Veils

I had a great experience with Kay Bridal. I explained what I was looking for in a dress and the staff picked out a few to try on. I tried on 4 dresses total before finding my dream dress. My dress came in and fit perfectly.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/9/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Kay Bridal was a last ditch stop on a whirlwind weekend of dress shopping, and I'm SO glad I called them. After an utterly demoralizing trip to Davids Bridal, I called Kay to see if there was an appointment I could get that day. The answer was "How soon can you get here?" I got to try on dresses immediately, the staff was super helpful and understanding, only pulled gowns they thought I'd really like, and found my dress almost immediately! I was impressed with their professionalism- when I asked if I'd need alterations, they looked carefully at my corset back dress for a moment and then said "Nah, I don't think its necessary." I ended up buying the sample dress, which was a size 12! It was a beautiful dress at a great value, and they were so nice about it. It was the only bridal store where I actually found more than 1 serious contender for The Dress, and the only place I felt comfortable.

Profile Picture Jen, 8/19/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Shoes, Veils
0.8

Please review the before and after photo that I posted on Yelp before reading this review.

I was pleased with Kay Bridal's service until my gown came in.
I ordered "custom sizing" for my gown because I am two different dress sizes. This extra service was $75. The lady took my measurements and ensured that the gown would be tailored to my exact measurements.
My gown came in and it was not CUSTOM. The gown was falling off of me. She said she could take the top part in and bustle the train. She refused to take in the waist although it had a HUGE amount of bunching. I didn't understand how a fitted gown couldn't be taken in, to FIT. I took her professional advice because I was afraid I would ruin my dress. BIG mistake!
These two alterations were $300!!!!! So now, I'm in the hole of $375.
My dress came in and it still did not fit. I tried speaking with the seamstress but the lady who ordered my gown and took my top in- interrupted me speaking with her. She kept saying I told you that you can't take it in because of the fabric. So before I lost my temper, I left.
Luckily my cousin has an AMAZING seamstress working on her wedding gown. Please read my review for Philadelphia Bridal Alterations. She was able to alter my gown to my liking in TWO hours for $150. She was in disbelief that they refused to alter it. That company SAVED my wedding day. I wish I would have just went to them in the beginning.
Brides, please do NOT get your gowns altered in any way from Kay Bridal. I will post this review everywhere because they cost me to lose $525 in alterations for their unprofessional and lazy work ethic! Shame on them for letting their bride walk out of their boutique that way.

Profile Picture India, 7/23/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I went to Kay Bridal at the end of a very long day of wedding dress shopping. I was pleasantly surprised by the wedding dress area upstairs as it was spacious and airy, especially compared to the other cramped stores we looked in. The associate we worked with was so nice and did not pressure me (this is HUGE after being pressured or ignored in other stores). I ended up finding my perfect Maggie Sottero gown in Kay Bridal and was so, so happy with the dress as well as the experience. The fittings were easy to schedule and straight forward and the alterations were done for a very reasonable price. The gown price was in the right range for this designer and I think overall I got a good value for my dream dress!

Profile Picture Sara, 7/3/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Bridal Gowns

I went here with a certain dress in mind but once I tried it on I was so unhappy. It didn't fit my frame right and I was very upset and ready to leave. Thank goodness Jennifer was there as I was sorting through dresses talking with my mom. She overheard everything we said and pulled out the perfect dress, the dress I had hoped for but didn't think I would like. It was not only gorgeous but even with the veil and arm strap bling it was so affordable! Very happy I chose to go here. Jennifer knows her dresses!!

Profile Picture Janae, 2/20/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

After leaving an appointment at David's Bridal right down the road, I was a little discouraged. I am so glad we decided to stop at Kay Bridal on the way home.

Everyone there was so friendly and helpful. They also made my bridesmaids and family that were with me feel comfortable. It was the exact opposite of our experience at David's Bridal earlier.

I am so happy with the experience I had at Kay Bridal. They made that exciting moment very special for me and I would recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Liz, 6/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I just went to Kay Bridal this past Saturday and last night and both times were such amazing experiences! I am shopping for bridesmaids' dresses and have been having the worst luck...after 10 stores, I don't know why I didn't start here! The customer service was amazing and the store had so many options! I could not have asked for a better experience in helping me to find the correct yellow in a style I liked that would fit my entire, large party! I will be back in soon to order the dresses, but was already so happy I needed to comment!

Profile Picture User4150775, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
3.4

Got my beautiful dress here because I fell in love with a Casablanca dress and they were the only ones in my area that carried it. When I got to the store the dress was a GREAT price. I was so excited and I ordered it there. It came in a month late so I was lucky that I ordered early. I would reccommend ordering a dress here but DO NOT go for alterations. My dress and one of my bridesmaid's dress was not ready on the time promised. I live out of state and I took off from work to go for my fitting and the day before I got a call saying that the seamstress's car broke down and my dress wouldnt be ready until the end of the week. How was that my problem? My dress was sitting there for over a month and it wasn't ready the day before it was promised?? My fiance got it straightened out kind of, I got to try on my dress at least but my mom had to go pick up the finished product that weekend. Inconvience. Also, my bridesmaid got her alterations done there and they charged her 150$ and then didn't have it done the day before my wedding. She told them she didnt have time since the wedding was the next day and she had to go for the rehearsal dinner, they "rushed" to finish it in 20 minutes. I wasn't happy about all of that. Ordering was ok, do not go for alterations.

Profile Picture User3433640, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I love my dress. It is perfect and I can't wait till my day to wear it

Profile Picture Tracey, 11/7/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The dress was exactly what I wanted. The price was even better. Jennifer was very accommodating with appointments and very helpful every time I called.

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

A hidden gem in NJ - I purchased my wedding gown from Kay after traveling to many different boutiques, both large and small, in PA on the Main Line, in DE, and NJ. My mother and I heard about a trunk show for a designer we liked being held here and they managed to squeeze us in for an appointment last minute due to my work schedule. Jennifer, the owner, and her husband were wonderful to work with. I tried on my first gown, walked out to the mirror, and fell in love with it. I still wanted to try on dresses after (indecisive bride!) and Jennifer helped me find styles that I would like, but also mentioned that I "lit up "when I wore the 1st dress. She let me try on as many as I liked, but smiled and told me she knew I would go back to that first dress :) and she was right! I customized my strapless gown to add lace removable straps that matched the dress perfectly with their guidance. She was also extremely helpful in picking out a veil. Jennifer even gave me silk flowers to hold to get the whole feeling!

They are accommodating, extremely personable, will work with my crazy schedule, and have my whole confidence, which is not an easy thing as I am very Type A with regards to the wedding! I would recommend this shop to anyone for a seamless, stress free gown shopping experience. I posted this review on Google and Yelp to spread the word. I just had my first fitting on Wednesday, and I can't wait to wear it on the big day in May. Thanks again Kay Bridal!!

Profile Picture Adrienne, 5/24/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I purchased my wedding from Kay Bridal. My dress was unique, fit me perfectly and the service was fantastic.

Profile Picture User4096705, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I purchased my wedding dress from Kay Bridal. Before going to Kay, I went to 4-5 other dress stores and had very mediocre experiences. Either attendants were trying to force dresses onto me which I did not like, or they did not listen to me when I told them what I wanted. I then went to Kay Bridal and had a completely different experience and found my dress. The staff was so friendly and inviting! They made you feel welcomed! The attendant who helped me try on dresses was great and extremely helpful. I also had my alterations done at the store which were done very good and in a timely manner. I would definitely recommend Kay Bridal to anyone looking for there wedding dress!

Profile Picture User4096460, 2+ years ago, 1 Review