JMK Photos Reviews

38 | Charlottesville, VA

38 Reviews for JMK Photos

Justeen · Married on 09/06/2015

We are so glad that we chose Jamie to do our engagement and wedding photos! She is very sweet and friendly, and helped us to feel comfortable in front of the camera. She was very efficient in taking photos on our wedding day, so we were able to spend more time with our guests. Jamie got our photos back to us very quickly and we absolutely love them!

Sent on 10/03/2015

Kathryn · Married on 06/05/2015

Jamie was amazing! She was able to follow the specific photographer guidelines at my church, and still managed to capture beautiful images. She had previously worked at my reception venue, and was very knowledgeable about the best places to take pictures in that area. I was impressed with the moments she was able to capture while I was getting ready, as well as the candids throughout the reception, which are memorable keepsakes from my special day. Jamie gives you a CD of all of the photos she edited so that you can have straight access to the images from your day. I am thankful for the quality services we received from her!

Sent on 03/20/2016
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 10/26/2013

I am thrilled with our decision to have Jamie as our wedding photographer. Our wedding day was a sunny, autumn day but it was chilly! Jamie was quick and made sure our bridal party and families were not stuck outside freezing for pictures! Jamie and her team were calm and had excellent, creative ideas for our First Look and photographs. Jamie has an extremely quick turn around time - we woke up the day after the wedding to a blog post containing some of her amazing photos from our wedding! Her pictures are stunning and truly capture the best moments from our wedding. She truly is able to bring out the emotions of the day! I will also be printing numerous pictures to hang around our house. Multiple friends and family have stated the pictures look as if they came from a bridal magazine. I cannot wait for another reason to hire Jamie for pictures!

Sent on 11/02/2013

Soo · Married on 09/21/2013

Jamie did both our engagement and wedding photos. We brought our dog to the engagement photo session, and Jamie was very patient with us and even knew how to get our dog to look at the camera most of the time. We got our previews the next day and the actual disc with high resolution photos in about a week.

It was raining on our wedding day, and Jamie and the other photographer she brought were very efficient at taking outdoor pictures very quickly. And because it was raining, we had to take some of the pictures before the bridesmaids were ready, so she even helped with carrying the train of my dress the whole time.

What I like about Jamie is that she made us very comfortable and told us to sit/stand/look in certain ways without making it feel awkward. Also, she and the other photographer were not intrusive at all during the whole wedding. I didn't even know where they were while taking the photos. We got the wedding photo previews the next day as well.

Overall, I highly recommend JMK photos.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Jacob · Married on 07/20/2013

Jamie was wonderful to work with. She was receptive to our ideas and gave us exactly what we wanted. She even traveled for us. We just got our photos this week and we absolutely love them. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/24/2013

Dimary · Married on 03/30/2013

Jamie is wonderful. Our photos were amazing, so natural, we feel so lucky to have had Jamie as the photographer on our wedding day.
    Our family and friends cannot stop talking about how beautiful the photos were.
    Everyone was impressed with her talent and friendliness.
    It was truly an exceptional day, flawless. We had an unforgettable day and so did our guests. It will be cherished forever.
    Thank you Jamie for giving us the best set of photos to remember the best day of our lives.

Sent on 05/06/2013

Jamie at JMK photos did both our engagement photos and our wedding photos, and I would highly recommend her! She is a doll to work with, and what I love is that she can take beautiful pictures that require very little photoshop, so that they look natural and lovely. At our wedding, she was quick and efficient, but I knew she was getting great shots, and she seemed to be there at all the right moments. Very talented!

Sent on 10/19/2012

Katie · Married on 10/06/2012

Jamie and all of the photographers she brought with her were amazing! I was so excited when I first met her because of her amazing eye and portfolio as a photographer, but the images we received were better then I could have ever asked for. Eric and I will have these photographs to treasure for the rest of our lives and we have JMK Photos to thank for that. I cannot wait to work with you again!! <3 So easy and fun to work with too! Such a blessing!

Sent on 01/08/2013

Katie · Married on 09/15/2012

Jamie and her crew were wonderful. They were upbeat, incredibly positive and easy to work with, and had amazing ideas and insights. The pictures could not have turned out better, I relive the night every time I look at them. Jamie took the time to tell a story through the photos, and I really appreciate that. She was also happy to take suggestions from me, a somewhat micromanaging bride :) And she did so with a smile! I can't imagine going with anyone else and feel I made the perfect choice. JMK Photos made me an incredibly happy bride!!

Sent on 10/10/2012
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 07/07/2012

Jamie is the best photographer in Cville. She takes beautiful pictures - both stills and candids. She is such a pro to work with - very timely in her responses, very flexible, always attentive to my needs.

The pictures turned out beautifully. Now she is helping to make my album! Can't wait to see how it turns out. I definitely recommend Jamie to anyone in the Virginia area looking for a great photographer.

Sent on 09/07/2012

Daniel · Married on 07/07/2012

I would like to take this opportunity to let anyone know who is reading this review that Jamie has done such a wonderful job photographing our wedding. First, she came over to discuss the plans and procedures. Even after we signed the deal, we had a change in package, and she did not even hesitate at all to please us! During the days leading up to the wedding, she was sending emails to us to keep us updated. On the day of the wedding, she arrive early before all the major guests, which was great for some groom and best man alone picture taking time! Here's another reason why she deserves the best: Our wedding occurred when it was 106 degrees outside, yet Jamie never complained or showed any signs of discomfort. In fact, she encouraged us to actually step outside and she takes FAST pictures! Snap Snap Snap! You feel like it's an automatic rifle. But don't let the speed fool you, the Photos came out FANTASTIC! Jamie sure knows her equipment, and together with her assistance, they used some fancy tools to edit the sunlight and environment to make the pictures just right. I am EXTREMELY pleased by the photos. Speaking of photo taking, Jaime must have been invisible or something, because when I looked at the pictures from the Ceremony, I have to wonder, how did she manage those great shots? What I'm referring to is that I barely noticed her moving around and about. Somehow she manages to get such great shots without imposing herself or blocking people's view. She got angles that I didn't even think about! Overall I believe there is a reason that she has received the Best Local Photographer in C'Ville award. Between the constant updates, prompt arrival, invisibility approach, advanced equipment, and post-wedding updates, there is no reason to even consider any other photographer. On behalf of my wife and myself, we would like to thank Jamie for creating a vivid memory of a day that will be remembered forever.

Sent on 09/22/2012

Kellie · Married on 06/16/2012

Jamie is AWESOME! She's easy going and fun to work with! She makes you feel comfortable while taking photos of some of the most memorable moments of your life! She's very detailed oriented too (taking photos of your rings on a flower petal etc). She got us our preview pictures the next day- making it easy to share with family and friends. She's also great in the post-wedding phase as well!

Sent on 09/05/2012

Amanda · Married on 06/02/2012

Jaime is awesome!!! She is soo sweet and always happy!! Her attitude is awesome and her love of photography makes every picture a great one. Jaime dealt with my friends and family wonderfully and even helped out with things outside of her job!! She was like a best friend at a wedding and everybody loved her!! I have been to weddings where the photographer is just not that happen and the process seems to take forever. She was very good about getting all the family pictures and bridal party pictures done in a timely and sufficient manner. Her work is magnificent and she is awesome!!! So, for all my friends and family are loving her pictures and thought she was awesome!! She even had a preview done next day for us on her blog and facebook!!!

Sent on 06/16/2012

Amanda · Married on 05/26/2012

Jamie is amazing! She is so down to earth and you will instantly feel comfortable being around her. She is so talented, go to her website and you will see how amazing her photography is. You will not be disappointed with your photos, trust me!

Sent on 06/15/2012
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/12/2012

Looking for a photographer was the first task on our long list of wedding planning activities. We found Jamie Kay here on Wedding Wire, and are SO happy we did!! Once we saw her work we knew she had a beautiful eye and would capture all the special moments of our wedding - even before we knew how the rest of our wedding plans would shape up and what the day would actually look like. Upon meeting her we knew she would be so easy to work with... she is warm, easygoing, professional, and flexible. We worked with her to do an engagement photo shoot in our hometown of New York City - which she flew up from Virginia for. She did SUCH an amazing job with those photos... these special photos were a great preview of Jamie's work to come! When our wedding finally came around, Jamie did not disappoint. She and her team were seamless, unobtrusive, creative, and a pleasure to have around during our entire wedding day. She captured so many beautiful moments of our day, and we are eternally grateful for these images. We have so many to choose from to frame, to send to friends and family, and to include in an album. Jamie even caught an unexpected moment on camera of one of our wedding guests flipping me, in my wedding gown, upside down on the dance floor!! We are currently working with Jamie to put together our wedding album, and know she will continue to be responsive and a delight to work with. I have already recommended her to friends who are planning their weddings, and would recommend her to any bride in Virginia who wants an exceptional photographer!

Sent on 08/15/2012

Justine · Married on 03/31/2012

Hands down AMAZING! Best investment for the wedding!!!!!!

Sent on 04/10/2012

Jamie · Married on 07/02/2011

Jamie was a pleasure to work with! From our engagement session to the day of the wedding, she was professional, friendly, and fun! On the day of the wedding, she really put me at ease prior to the ceremony and during the bridal party portraits. She knows how to work well with the bride, groom and immediate family to ensure everyone is comfortable and having a good time. Her positive and energetic attitude is contagious, which came in handy when collecting both sides of our large family's for the group shots. I did not have to once recommend a shot I wanted, Jamie knew what moments to capture throughout the entire evening, whether they were portraits, action or candid shots. She's a true professional, however she puts a personal touch to the evening as she is attentive to every detail and moment. It's great she has a second photographer as back up and having the rights to the photos is a huge plus. I would 100% recommend Jamie to photograph your wedding.

Sent on 08/11/2011

Rachael · Married on 06/11/2011

Jamie is great! She is super responsive and open to ideas, and worked with us to build the package that was perfect for our day. Day of, she was a true professional and made everyone feel at ease during the formal portraits. I would definitely recommend her to any bride looking for excellent quality photography at a reasonable rate. Thank you, Jamie, for capturing the memories of our wedding day so well!

Sent on 06/24/2011

Hilary · Married on 06/04/2011

Jamie is THE best photographer in C'ville. And she's willing to travel to wherever you are! Our package included an engagement shoot and she was willing to work with us and come up to DC to take ours! I am so pleased with all of the photos. She can make anything look great and really captures the details. She brings a second shooter as well so that's a big plus. You will not be disappointed!

I have to add--it's SO nice that she gives you rights to your photos which makes things super simple for you and family to create prints, etc.

Sent on 08/02/2011

Anna · Married on 05/13/2011

Jamie is wonderful. I would definitely refer any friend who needed a photographer to her. She is just so sweet and professional. Not to mention the quality of the photos is excellent!

Sent on 05/31/2011

Charlene · Married on 05/07/2011

Jamie is LITERALLY the best photographer!!!! From the initial meeting she was very friendly and insured me my day would be amazing and she would capture it. I love that she always has a second shooter because you are guaranteed to capture all the special moments. The day of the wedding I didn't have any worries because she was early and had everything set up. Of course it was my first wedding and I have no clue what poses I want or pictures, but no worry Jamie knew what looks best and she really has a good eye! The day after the wedding I already had a preview of the night before! I would 100% recommend Jamie for any event!!!!!

Sent on 05/26/2011

Ashley · Married on 05/02/2011

I don't think I need to write a review to tell anyone how amazing Jamie is at photography...you can see her talent just by looking at her pictures. I will say Jamie is extremely easy to work with, she is super quick at getting the family/group shots done and out of the way (and they came out great too), she has a great artistic eye, and got a lot of great candids. Jamie is worth every penny!

Sent on 06/20/2011
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/01/2011

Jamie is wonderful to work with. She is fun and upbeat, and takes great photos without being at all intrusive at the wedding. I definitely recommend trusting her intuition as to what makes a great shot. We had family members paint Beta Bridge in our honor, and Jamie came up with the idea to take the wedding party out there for some photos. They turned out great, both the pictures at the site and the walk to the bridge. Jamie also got some amazing pictures of the children at our wedding. She captured their expressions of curiosity and wonder.

Sent on 07/12/2011

Michelle · Married on 01/16/2011

Jamie Reinicke is a delight! She photographed our wedding in Charlottesville, VA on Jan 16th, and on Jan 17th, she had a preview of our photos online, along with a personalized note. Amazing! When choosing a photographer, Jamie made it easy because of her flexible hours, reasonable prices, and willingness to fulfill our requests, in addition to her eagerness to make expert and charming suggestions. During the wedding, Jamie's cheerfulness made it feel like she was an invited dear friend, rather than just my photographer. She captured large family photos, candid guest photos, and priceless bride and groom photos throughout the session. I would choose her again and again (if I were staying in Cville)!
    Michelle Samson

Sent on 01/28/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 11/27/2010

Our experience with Jamie was fantastic! From the very first meeting with her all the way to the end of our wedding night she was attentive, responsive and very contientous of the work she was doing and the memories she was helping to preserve. Jamie did our engagement pictures, family portraits (with out of town family) the day before the wedding as well as all day for the day of the wedding. She and her team were not intrusive at all but were there along the way to capture all of the great moments of our wedding day. We will certainly use Jamie again in the future and will recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer.

Sent on 12/09/2010