Jennifer Shaffer Photo Reviews

24 | Chicago, IL

24 Reviews for Jennifer Shaffer Photo

• User1634903 ·

There aren't enough words to express how amazing Jenn is! From the consultation to getting the pictures to us, she was on top of things! Jenn really had everything I was looking for in a photographer. I specifically wanted someone that was going to be with us through the whole wedding process that I would be comfortable with and know on the day of the wedding...something you usually don't get out of a big photo company, which is why I went with Jenn! She had great ideas for our engagement shoot and answered my emails with questions back vrey quickly. She helped plan out a schedule for the day of the wedding and worked with my wedding planner. On the day of the wedding she was super fast and amazingly got in all the shots I wanted within our time frame. She had a preview of our photos up within a week and ALL of our photos back within 2 weeks! Jenn is such a ball of fire, energy, and enthusiasm. She works so incredibly hard to make sure you get what you want. I would highly HIGHLY recommend her to everyone! And I will definitely be using her for photos for my kids when I eventually have them!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Adam/Caila · Married on 09/15/2018

Jennifer is amazing photographer and person! She did our engagement photos and our wedding and made the experience wonderful. She’s a very upbeat/positive person to be around. I can’t imagine using a different photographer and I definitely recommend her to all!!!!

Sent on 10/06/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 08/11/2018

You need Jenn for your wedding day!

We cannot recommend Jenn highly enough as a wedding photographer. From our first meeting with her to the days after our wedding she was incredibly professional, kind, fun, and just amazing to work with. She took the time to understand us as a couple, she explored the neighborhood where we were getting married (Bridgeport) for great photo op ideas, and she truly delivered! She was such a reassuring and fun presence on our wedding day, along with her assistant Jacob. We can’t imagine the day without her. And the photos are so incredible! We could not have been happier with the result and she delivered the images so quickly. We will be going back to her for all our photo needs for years to come. Do yourself a favor and book Jenn for your wedding, engagement session, family photos, etc. A beautiful person and amazing photographer.

Sent on 11/10/2018

Sara · Married on 07/01/2017

WOW. We were blown away and so happy with Jenn's work on our engagement and wedding photographs. Jenn captured so many special moments and got some really unique angles and lighting too. To top it off, she is such a pleasure to work with. She is creative, sweet, and patient, but kept us on our timeline and made sure everything got done without breaking a sweat. She worked seamlessly with our other vendors and was so efficient with her time that we got so many more photographs than we could've imagined. Jenn went above and beyond in every way. We are so thankful we found out about Jenn and would highly recommend her to anyone with a special event to capture. Thank you, Jenn!!!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Megan · Married on 10/17/2015

Words cannot describe how amazing Jennifer Shaffer is as a wedding photographer. She listened to every thing I wanted and delivered it and so much more. Our photographs are amazing. But she went above and beyond just beautiful photography. I did not have a wedding planner and Jenn always kept us on task without being pushy. She kept the bridal party engaged and made the shoots one of the most fun parts of the day. She navigated us around downtown Chicago effortlessly. She found new and unique places to take gorgeous photos. She got to know me and my now husband and captured our day perfectly. From our engagement photos to our wedding albums Jenn was a joy to work with every step of the way. I cannot recommend her enough!!

Sent on 03/28/2016

Jenn was absolutely the best decision we made when hiring vendors for our wedding. She was fun, professional and serious about her photography. She listened to what we were looking for, what we didn't like and she definitely delivered. Jenn made us feel comfortable through out the day and sometimes I didn't even know where she was, which was exactly what we wanted! The photos came out beautiful and delivered very timely.

Our wedding day certainly was captured and we had a blast taking photos and getting to know Jenn throughout the whole process. Highly recommend to everyone!!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Sarah · Married on 12/20/2014

My now-husband and I were looking for a photographer who would truly capture "us". In our case, that meant a solid mix of sweetness with silliness. Jenn delivered so completely awesomely. Not only is she a wonderful photographer, she's a sweet and charming person to work with. I actually miss getting the occasional email from her! She is extremely flexible, professional, and responsive. She is also funny and devoted to making sure she captures "your" day the way you want it captured. I would recommend Jenn to anyone - no hesitation. You will not regret it!

Sent on 01/14/2015

Melissa · Married on 08/23/2014

Amazing ! Jenn is so fun to be around and very detail oriented. She will get some amazing shots and is so open to collaboration.

Sent on 09/12/2014

My husband and I could not be happier with our decision to have Jennifer photograph our Chicago elopement. She is an amazingly talented photographer, and beyond being beautiful pictures in their own right, her photos really captured the joy of our wedding day. Because we eloped, our friends and families are "seeing" our wedding day through Jenn's camera lens, so having great photos was very important to us. We love the photos, and we have gotten lots of compliments about how beautiful they are and how happy we look in them.

Jenn was very attentive to our ideas and preferences, and she also had lots of wonderful, creative ideas of her own. She was very organized and professional throughout the entire process, and her warmth and good humor immediately made us feel at ease. We knew we were in good hands, and we never felt rushed or stressed. The photos and the experience itself were exactly what we had hoped for.

I would enthusiastically recommend Jennifer to anyone looking for a photographer! She's wonderful!

Sent on 06/03/2014

I can't say enough wonderful things about Jenn! She is phenomenal!!! We did both our engagement session and our wedding photography with her and our pictures are absolutely amazing. Jenn is creative, organized, friendly, and extremely talented. I highly recommend Jennifer Shaffer Photography!

Sent on 04/04/2014
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 12/31/2013

Our wedding would not have been the same without Jenn... In one word, she is PHENOMENAL! She helps the day run smoothly and efficiently, but she also makes sure everyone is comfortable and has fun. I would recommend her to ANYONE and EVERYONE!

Sent on 01/05/2014
  • User3801976 · 2+ years ago

Jennifer is a wonderful photographer and warm and friendly too. She put everyone at ease with her calm professionalism. The whole day went very smoothly thanks to Jenn and the pictures were just beautiful. Don't look any further for the perfect photographer for your Chicago area wedding.

Sent on 01/10/2014

Erica · Married on 06/14/2013

Jenn was an amazing photographer who not only captured every moment of my wedding exactly how I wanted it but made me feel like I was working with an old friend. When Jenn discovered I was on pinterest she suggested that we share a board for engagement and wedding photo ideas. She made sure every picture I wanted was taken and even made my husband who is very shy and reserved feel completely comfortable in front of the camera. She gave me the unique photos I was looking for and also made my parents happy with traditional photos. She is so thoughtful she even thought to have me and my bridesmaids wait in the shade while she was taking individual pictures.

Sent on 07/08/2013

Kristi · Married on 03/23/2013

Jennifer was an amazing addition to my entire wedding experience. Not only is she a talented photographer that captures every moment in such a perfect way, she is also such a pleasure to have around. She walked me through wedding details that not only pertained to the photographs, but also scheduling issues and transportation recommendations. She is very knowledgeable and organized and open for new ideas. I love how our pictures turned out and appreciate all the time she took to really understand what we wanted. I would recommend her to anyone that is looking for phenomenal wedding photographs taken by the coolest person!

Sent on 04/23/2013

Jackie · Married on 03/16/2013

I was looking for a photographer for my wedding in March, and I found Jenn on the Knot, and emailed her a few questions. She responded to me right away, and her promptness with responses continued throughout my husband and I's entire engagement and wedding day. Not only did her artistic ability with her photographs win me over, but it was her personality as well (she is very professional, funny, & sweet). She made me feel comfortable throughout the entire process including an engagement session and my wedding day. I have never received so many compliments in my life than I did with my engagement and wedding photos. As a photographer, Jenn is up for anything- she embraced my husband's harley davidson in the city for some great engagement shots of us with it. She was even standing on chairs pregnant the day of my wedding & captured my beloved golden retriever licking my face on my wedding day- anything to make the memorable photo for my husband and I. Her turnaround time with pictures is very fast, and she gets you excited by posting preview pictures on her facebook or blog. Also- she has great time management skills and knows how to take control of a situation that needs it. I have truly found a one of a kind photographer to capture all of my life's events and I can't wait to see her again at my sister's wedding! I would HIGHLY recommend this photographer to everyone and anyone!! She does amazing work!

Sent on 04/15/2013

Seriously, Jenn is the best photographer around and anyone would be absolutely insane not to book her. Her shots are gorgeous, she is very professional, she listens to her clients, she is thoughtful, she has a great eye, and everyone in my wedding thought she was amazing.

Sent on 04/23/2013

Sara · Married on 10/19/2012

Jenn is wonferful - she made my day a dream come true. It was raining on and off all day and I was super nervous about pictures being outside. But, she made it work when I never thought it would. We had a "first glance" picture prior to our ceremony and it was beautiful. My husband cried when he first saw me and it was all captured in such a beautiful location she picked out. Also, we had a wedding party of 23 in total and all of those pictures can get really tedious. She made them so quick and easy that no time was wasted. We had our engagement photos taken by her as well on the coldest day of the year! She brought all of these props and had scouted out the area ahead of time. She is always so planned and ready to go which is awesome. I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend her!!

Sent on 10/24/2012

Julie · Married on 10/14/2012

Jenn is by far one of my new favorite people in the whole world right now! From the moment I saw her gorgeous photos I knew she had to be our photographer. From the first time my husband I met her, she's bubbly, sweet, pleasant to work with, and really knows how to read her couples. She has a gift!
    The best part was that an engagement session is built into her price! Her prices have gone up since we booked with her, and I can understand why. She's beyond one of the best photographers in Chicago and people are beginning to notice.
    Jenn was prompt on contacting me, she was always on time, and she even tries to research your locations before hand so she has a better feel of the land. She was never in the way of anyone during the entire night. Which for me was a huge deal to me. I hate weddings when the photographer is in everyone's way. She's not (and she gets the shots!). She stayed most of the evening capturing those hilarious moments after everyone's indulged in a little too much!
    Word of advice: don't go the cheap route when it comes to photography (you know, that $695 "all inclusive value pack" photographers). Because at the end of the day, what do you have to remember your biggest day of your life? The photos!! Jennifer will capture your day like no one else could.

Sent on 10/24/2012

Martin · Married on 06/29/2012

Jennifer was an absolute pleasure to do business with. You can tell that she loves her job and is a very easy person to interact with. Jennifer worked with our schedule to meet our needs and she was always replied quickly to our questions.

During the wedding day she made me feel much more relaxed with just her experience which wasn't an easy feat. She took all the photo's that we asked for and my family and friends all enjoyed the experience.

My wife and I are very happy with the photo's that were taken and the level of service that we received. I really don't have any complaints here with what we got and while the price isn't cheap it was well under what other people are going for especially when you factor in what your getting for the price. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see her rates go up in the near future because she would still be worth it.

My advice to you would be to book her for your wedding before she does increase her prices due to demand.

Sent on 09/04/2012

Nicole · Married on 05/27/2012

I hired Jennifer for my wedding in May. She arrived early and stayed late. She was full of energy and worked well with my guests. My friends and family were blown away with the photos made comments such as, "these look they could be in a magazine,"this captures so much emotion," and "what an amazing picture." Jennifer was so easy to work and her pictures were wonderful. There is so much that goes on during a wedding its hard for the bride to experience ever moment, but the moments I missed Jenn captured so well I felt like I as right back in my wedding day. I have already recommended Jenn to others.

Sent on 08/03/2012

Jenn is absolutely wonderful! Guests at my wedding have decided to book Jenn for their day. From my initial contact with Jenn, I knew she was a great fit. Her kind and professional demeanor are a reflection of her work. Jenn was prompt and personable. She is passionate about what she does and takes great pride in her business. Jenn includes an engagement session because she wants to get to know the bride and groom. Throughout our wedding planning, on that day and after, she consistently made herself available to us. You're definitely a valued client of hers and develop a relationship. Jenn is very comfortable to be around – our engagement session was fun and we got to really connect before the big day. When we met her in person for the first time, she gave us a questionnaire, to help determine styles of photography we best liked. Jenn called a few days before the wedding to touch base and go through the details of the day. I informed Jenn a group of us were going to a hotel downtown following our reception (a good half hour away). Jenn volunteered to come with us. I thought it was extremely sweet of her to drive that distance just to take a few additional photos. She didn't have to, but that she wanted to, reiterated how happy I was with our decision to book Jenn. Jenn arrived early to my house that morning, ready to go. She was not at all invasive and got photos I wasn't even aware she took – each one turned out beautifully! Jenn was extremely helpful in the general schedule of the day. During our reception, she had the ceremony photos running on her iPad. The countless compliments received by friends and family were not only on Jenn's photography skills, but on her genuine personality as well. She knew each member of the family and wedding party by name. It was during our honeymoon that Jenn had sent us the edited photos (unbelievable turn-around time). My husband and I are looking forward to having children so we can hire Jenn again for more great photos!

Sent on 11/15/2012

Kay · Married on 03/09/2012

I can't say enough good things about Jennifer Shaffer Photography. Jennifer did such an amazing job of capturing the feeling of our wedding. My husband was speechless when he saw the finished photos, absolutely beautiful. She was able to get so much emotion to show through, we had no cookie cutter photos. Working with her was such a breeze from start to finish. I live in Indiana and she was willing to travel from Chicago to photograph our wedding for only a small expense fee. She listened to everything we asked for and gave us so much more. We had a lot of mishaps at the rehearsal and wedding and she just went along with everything like a pro. Nothing phased her. I would recommend her to anyone and plan on using her for any family photos in the future. Two thumbs up.

Sent on 04/10/2012

Kip · Married on 12/10/2011

Jenn was awesome! Jenn was the first photographer that we met and as soon as my husband and I left our meeting, we turned to each other and said "she is the one". We did not need to look any further. Jenn was super friendly and made me feel comfortable. Her creative personality was a great fit for my husband and I. The quality of Jenn's work was amazing and her prices were unbeatable (literally I must have looked at 100+ photographers online). She kept in contact with us throughout our engagement so we never felt nervous about what still needed to be done. Although Jenn just does photography she offered to help videotape our wedding and brought a friend (Sarah Miller who also did a great job!) to be our videographer. This was great because she provided us the whole package in one. On the day of our wedding Jenn was on time and relaxed, even when we were running late. Throughout the wedding we heard from all of our guests how friendly and personable she was. We could not have asked for more and would recommend her to anyone who wants a great photographer that is creative, up for anything, organized (that was really reassuring!), and will deliver excellent photos. We will continue to keep in contact with Jenn and will use her again and again as life brings us new celebrations.

Sent on 01/25/2012

Julie · Married on 11/13/2010

Jenn was up for anything we wanted to do. We opted for a lot of candid shots and few posed pictures and she made all of it work. It was so nice not to have a photographer in my face all the time. She took pictures in stealth mode like a photo ninja. Amazing value for the money! Cannot sing her praises enough.

Sent on 11/30/2010