70 Reviews for Gourmet To Go

Specialty Wine (1)
Chairs (1)
Tables (1)
70 Gourmet To Go Reviews

Patty, Billy and the entire team at Gourmet to Go are top notch. From our initial e-mails, to the tasting, to the week of prep and of course the day of- everything went perfectly.

For starters, the food is amazing. If you are looking for quality, locally sourced food, look no further. This is far beyond typical wedding food. Our guests raved about each appetizer at cocktail hour, the entrees and of course dessert. Feeding large groups of people can sometimes be challenging, but Gourmet to Go knocked this out of the park.

This is more than just a catering company. The attention to detail in helping to execute my vision as a DIY bride was amazing. Patty and her team treated us like family and were attentive to all of our guests. She checked in with us constantly throughout the day really ensured everything went off without a hitch. Our wedding would not have been the same without them.

Profile Picture Allison, 10/28/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: American, Asian, Italian, Local, Mexican, Gluten Free, Organic, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

I have only good things to say about Gourmet to Go. Billy was awesome to work with. Actually, the entire staff was great. Setup/breakdown was super fast. The service and the food was absolutely superb; everyone had wonderful things to say, going on about how wedding food is never that good. Any time someone said their dish was amazing, the other person would assume they were having the same dish they were enjoying because they couldn't imagine the other dishes were just as good. Amazing. Thank you guys.

Profile Picture Angie, 10/14/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Clean Up, Set Up, No Pork, Vegan, Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations

There are not enough words of praise for Billy and Patty! When wedding planning became overwhelmed or stressful, Billy would always come to the rescue. He is SUPER nice and personable and wants your day to be truly special and reflect YOU. He worked within our budget, listened to all of our ideas and understood what kind of day we wanted, was available for 1201239 emails, calls, and texts, and even had staff on the day make cotton candy based on a whim I had a week before the wedding. Billy also comes with Patty, maitre'd extraordinaire and overall good person. Together, they made sure my wedding day was seamless and EXACTLY as we pictured it (probably even better). All this aside, the food was amazzzzinggg. Our friends are still texting us about the braised short ribs and pumpkin ravioli. My only regret from the wedding was not being able to eat more. Thank you Billy, Patty, and your entire dedicated team of making people's dreams come true!!

Profile Picture Juliet, 10/8/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Italian, Local, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

We used Gourmet to Go this past weekend for our Opening Meet Hunt Breakfast. It was the best we have had in many years and I cannot say enough about how good they are. Billy Turner is AAA+ and the food was just amazing. They are fair in their pricing and really wonderful to work with. I think they had a crew of eight people and everyone of them was courteous, polite and caring about their job and about us. They served close to 110 people and the photos are before they all arrived.

Profile Picture William, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food provided by Gourmet To Go was absolutely delicious, and they were very accommodating. When we first visited for a tasting, Anthony helped us create a great menu that fit our needs as a vegetarian - omnivore couple. He did a great job working with us to create dishes we wanted, even some that were not on his original menu. The Maitre D, Lisa, is absolutely wonderful, and practically functioned as our day of coordinator. When we did not want to rent an extra prep tent on the lawn, the caterer was willing to move into a location that was more convenient for us. There were only two elements that we wish had been different. The catering staff was not able to sort recycling and trash as we had asked them to do, and instead my mother had to go through the trash and sort all of it out after the wedding. We also weren’t asked about what we wanted done with the extra food or cake, and we ended up not having any leftover cake to save for the anniversary. Overall, however, our experience with Gourmet to Go, Anthony and Lisa was very positive: their food was delicious, and the staff was friendly and helpful.

Profile Picture Kayla, 9/23/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, American, Indian, Italian, Local, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Set Up

I don't even know where to start or who to start with! Planning an outdoor wedding on natural ground is a nightmare and a headache but I can truly say Billy and Patty made my year of wedding planning a hell of a lot easier! They are the easiest group to work with and truly a hidden gem! I considered my wedding one with too many details and Billy and Patty made sure every single one was executed the way I wanted it to be! They stayed in constant communication from day one through several days after the wedding I simply could not have been blessed with a better vendor. The food beyond exceeded any wedding I have ever been too and my guests are still ranting and raving saying the exact same. My husband and I have been to the Slammin Salmon a few times for lunch ourselves after our tasting because well the food is amazing! As you all know an outdoor wedding is very stressful because the weather is so unpredictable.. it was supposed to rain the day of my wedding and I was devastated but Patty was the only one who was able to calm me down and make sure we were 100% prepared for whatever was to come. Fortunately it did not wind up raining and we had the most perfect day! Patty waited on me hand and foot she made sure everything was the way I wanted it, in between pictures she was always right there waiting to hand me and my husband a beer and on a sunny day I can't tell you how amazing that was! Forget being an amazing wedding vendor Billy and Patty are the type of people you will keep in touch with forever they sincerely have become like family to me! I had grabbed Patty several times to dance with me or sit with me throughtout the night because quite frankly I enjoyed her company more than many others at my wedding :) You will not be dissappointed with this group they are a brides dream come true!!

Profile Picture Gina, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We were extremely satisfied by Gourmet To Go. Billy and his team were wonderful and very accommodating. The food was incredibly tasty, we were told by many guests that it was the best food they've had at a wedding (you have to try the leg of lamb!). The buffet was very well presented, and desserts were all to die for. The Maitre D was very kind and made sure we ate that evening - she set aside a plate for us at both the cocktail hour and dinner. Billy was very patient with us as we fully customized the menu. We would absolutely recommend Gourmet To Go to anyone.

Profile Picture Lia & Christian, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Just wow. From our first meeting with Billy, we knew we wanted to work with him for our wedding. Not only was our tasting delicious, they had so many options for us to chose from. We wanted to go a different route than the traditional sit down dinner, so instead we did a "progressive buffet," where multiple items were passed around as well as a constant flow of table stations throughout the night. We changed our minds a few times as to what we wanted at the tables, passed, etc, and Billy would get back to me within a few hours at the most with an updated menu. Billy's staff is amazing as well. Lauren and Patty were the go-to ladies for the night of, and they both met up with me multiple times at the venue to get decorations, pictures, table cards, center pieces, etc, and to make sure everything was set just the way they wanted. All three of them were so accessible through call, text, and email, and having one of them there all the time was really comforting to us. The night of the wedding could not have gone better. Everything was beautiful, amazing, and organized. The guests could not stop talking about how great the food was, and I'm still hearing about it (a month later). I highly recommend Billy and his staff, you won't be disappointed. Their professionalism and dedication to making your wedding as special as you envision is something they take to heart, and let me tell you, it shows. I haven't gotten my photos back yet from my photographer, or else I would have most of them posted on here!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We loved working with Billy and Patty!! The food was delicious and Billy was able to accommodate my gluten allergy. Our guests are still raving about the food! Billy was super flexible with last minute changes to linens and the menu. Patty is awesome! She made sure all of the little details were taken care of the week of the wedding and made sure the day ran smoothly. They were a dream team to have take care of one of the biggest aspects of our day. We cannot say enough good things about this caterer!

Profile Picture Laura, 9/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Gourmet To Go recently catered a backyard reception for our son and daughter-in-law and we couldn't have been happier with the results! From our first meeting to plan the buffet menu to the final clean up (which left our yard immaculate), Billy and his excellent staff provided professional, personal service.

Billy's helpful suggestions combined with our choices from the extensive menu provided us with a variety of delicious hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, and a memorable dinner including red, white and blue potato salad, corn on the cob lollipops, grilled vegetables, and chicken marsala. Especially popular were the assorted stuffed mushrooms and the tender marinated hanger steak with its special BBQ sauce!

Patty and Lauren set up a lovely display on the serving tables, and arranged the place settings and decorations with care. The bride and groom were thrilled with the results! The food and drink appeared effortlessly all afternoon, and everyone's efficiency and flexibility allowed us all to relax and truly enjoy the party!

We thank them all , and heartily recommend them to host your next event! As my son told us, "Everything was perfect!"

Profile Picture Lois, 8/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

My wife and I could not have asked for anything to go differently on our special day, everything was absolutely perfect! Billy, Patty and the rest of the staff did an amazing job.
Details:
Every detail was executed from the placement of the Bourbon Bar (Bartenders Kate & Mike were amazing!), Cigar Bar and even where we wanted candles. Patty and Billy were open to any and everything we had envisioned for the day and even provided some possible options for us, which we loved. Patty did an amazing job with staying on top of the night, whether it was with the DJ, the Officiant, Photographers, the servers. She was running the event as if it was her own wedding! Thank you Patty!

Food: Cocktail Hour- Mac & Cheese Bar, Taco Bar, Cold Antipasta Display, Cheese Plater Display, and Reuben & Pastrami Station and 11 passed apps. Dinner-Chili Crusted Salmon w/mango pico, Filet Mignon w/sauce Robert and Frenched Cut Chicken stuffed w/fresh mozzarella and spinach wrapped in prosciutto in a Lemon Chardonnay Sauce. Desert was assorted pastries and our wedding cake.

"I have been to a lot of high level events in the MLB world, and your wedding is at the top of the list with those events. The food was amazing". -My uncle who is an MLB agent. My family and I are still receiving complements about the cocktail hour and dinner days later. "Best cocktail hour I have ever been to".- Multiple family members.
"The Salmon was like butter"-Multiple family members. "The Filet was cooked perfect"- Multiple quests. "The chicken was so savory and juicy". Multiple guests.

I can go on an on about the complements, set up a tasting with Billy and go in and see for yourself. I highly recommend them for your next event. Check them out on Instagram @gourmettogocatering for all the awesome pics Patty and the staff post, it may give you some ideas for your event. Best of luck!

Profile Picture Brandon, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews

Billy,

Thanks ever so much for Saturday’s event. The food and service were top shelf. As good as both were, they somewhat paled in comparison to your attentiveness – and that of Patty and Kate as well. Warmth and genuine concern!!!!

Couldn’t be more pleased.

Again, most appreciative, Billy.

Jim

Profile Picture Jim , 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Simply the best! Billy, Patty, and the rest of the team made our night an unforgettable one! The food was incredible! We chose stations for mashed potatoes (served in martini glasses), tacos, and sliders (regular and crab cake). All of the guests loved the food and the presentation! I cannot fully express how amazing it was working with Billy and Patty. They invest in their clients as people, and make everything incredibly personal. We might renew our vows next year so they can cater that too (kidding, but really, they're that good!). We would recommend G2G for ANY event where food is a priority! Thank you guys for making our day the BEST!

Profile Picture Christine, 7/1/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American, Mexican, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink

My husband and I are deeply indebted to Billy, Patty, Helene and the amazing staff at Gourmet to Go. They came highly recommended by our wedding planners, and I'm so glad they did. Billy and Patty were gracious, positive, and professional from the start, and the food and service they provided on our wedding day were top notch. Not only was everything delicious, but each and every staff member went out of their way to help us feel on top of the world. Our wedding guests were equally complimentary, some of whom remarked that it was the best wedding food they'd ever had. We may be a little biased, but we agree. (I have to give a shout out to the Vegetable Wellington. We hadn't given much thought to what our vegetarian entrée would be; when Billy brought it out at our tasting we were shocked at how delicious it was. On the day, it became the undisputed hit of the dinner!)

We are happy to give Gourmet to Go our highest recommendation. Thank you for everything!

Profile Picture Matthew, 6/17/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Custom Menu, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Vegan, Vegetarian

Billy and Patty were absolutely wonderful! When I first contacted them, they put me at ease once we started talking logistics and food choices. We had our wedding at Locust Grove, a venue they had catered in many times before. So they were able to offer great suggestions as far as the lay out for the cocktail hour and reception. At the food tasting we absolutely LOVED the food. Billy knows food and flavor. Obviously, we were then super excited about our guests at the wedding trying the food. And on the big day the food tasted even better!! We got some many compliments about the food from our guests the day of the wedding and weeks after. Since we chose to go with a buffet style dinner, our guests were able to have wide selection which they all appreciated. Leading up to the big day Patty was sooo helpful. I knew on wedding day I didn't want to think about all the decor details. Patty and I had a couple of calls before the wedding to discuss the lay out of all the decor items. She put all of these items I had together so beautifully. Everything looked even better than I planned!! Patty was also essential to my husband and I being able to just enjoy the day. She made sure we had food brought to us when we took some time alone together during coktail hour. She checked in on us to make sure we had everything we needed. She was just the BEST. Her and Billy are an awesome team. They really helped make the day so special and my husband and I are so thankful :)

Profile Picture Lindsey , 6/16/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Open Bar, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American

I planned a 50th wedding anniversary for my parents at Locusts Grove, and Gourmet to Go were the caterer. Let me tell you, hands down the best caterer in the Hudson Valley. Billy was very attentive in the planning process and Patty was beyond amazing running the the show at the actual event. The buzz at the party was... Who is the great caterer? I would recommend Gourmet to Go to anyone, big events or small.... you will be impressed!
- Melinda Sims

Profile Picture Melinda, 6/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Gourmet To Go recently catered our wedding at The Farm at Pond Lily and we couldn't be happier with our experience! Billy and Patty were attentive, professional, creative and accommodating. The food was excellent! Billy worked with us to from start to finish providing excellent suggestions within our budget. They can do it all, numerous passed hors d'oeuvre at cocktail hour, delicious multiple course sit down dinner and even a tasty late night snack. Our venue (being a barn) with its limited infrastructure was no problem for the Gourmet to Go team as they still provided top notch food and service with a smile. We recommend using Billy, Patty and the entire Gourmet to Go team for your event.

Profile Picture Q, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Where to begin with Gourmet to Go. First and foremost, Billy and Patty were incredible to work with from start to finish. My Husband and I had a very short engagement, but everything was so skillfully planned by Billy and Patty that it the wedding planning process was completely stress-free- all thanks to Billy & Patty. The food was absolutely delicious. There were so many personal touches (aka things I did not think of!) that Patty added to my wedding day to contribute to the ambiance- I was blown away, my guests were blown away. People are still ranting and raving about our wedding to this day- everything from how beautiful the tables looked, how good the food was, to how the service was prompt and professional. My Husband and I were married at Locust Grove in Poughkeepsie, New York- they only provide the venue, the couple is responsible for bringing in the vendors. After making my additional vendor selections (outside of catering), Billy and Patty worked one on one with them to make everything come together beautifully- and even took the time to meet me at two different rental companies as I (indecisively) planned out my flatware and linen color scheme. Bill and Patty were not only friendly- but also honest, knowledgeable, helpful and patient with the entire planning process. When I couldn't make a decision or felt overwhelmed by questions- the running joke was, "I don't know- I have never been married before/planned a wedding!". With that said, I handed the entire structure of dinner service over to Patty and Bill to let them apply their expertise, and everything went off without a hitch. I wanted it done right, and I know that with Patty and Bill in charge the best way to do it was their way. No regrets. Thank you to Bill and Patty for making our day one we will remember forever!

Profile Picture Brooke, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s)

Recently, I was thinking about our wedding reception and despite some weather issues, which Billy and his team stepped up to sort out, I cannot express how perfect everything was. During the planning, which was a breeze, they understood exactly what we were looking for when discussing our needs and our small wedding. Billy and his team were an absolute delight to work with - very professional! Highly recommended - I would use them again and again for any event.

Profile Picture Andrew, 5/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The best catering company! The food is fantastic and Billy and his staff are so kind and professional. I can't say enough about them and would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Kate , 3/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I have the pleasure of working with Billy and his amazing staff a few times a summer. (I'm a wedding planner) I can not give them enough praise. They are all so professional and on point it is amazing. Billy walks each and every couple through the journey of choosing their customized menu. He spends the time to sit with each couple and really learn what they like and what they prefer to be on their own menu. He then is there throughout the process making adjustments and really providing amazing top notch service. His staff on the day of leaves nothing to be desired. They cater to each and every guest with so much professionalism it is amazing. The personal maitre d' that Gourmet to Go provides for the newly wed couple, is something that not every catering company provides but I think is really important. I seriously can not rave enough about this amazing company.

Profile Picture User4195317, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

My wife and I were 100% set on working with Gourmet to Go from the very first meeting with Billy Turner. He invited us out to his local business in Millbrook, where he treated us to a wonderful lunch and listened to exactly how we wanted our wedding to look and feel. We were having a Fall wedding, so we wanted everything to feel like Fall. Billy is extremely imaginative and he immediately began running ideas with us. We felt he was truly passionate about making us happy, and this was the team we wanted to work with.
Budget was a big concern to us, and Billy ensured us that his number one priority was keep us happily around our budget...and he didn't disappoint. He designed a beautiful cocktail hour filled with an array of gourmet passed hors d'oeuvres, stationary platters, and then created a choice of 3 amazing plated entree's (all Fall themed, of course). Billy then invited my wife and I back to try everything, and we can't stress this enough, the food was AMAZING!!!
When it came to our wedding walk-thru, we were introduced to Patty, who would be the Maitre d' for our special day. They both went over the entire service, from front to back, and made sure that we would be completely taken care of at our wedding.
On our Wedding Day, everything went according to plan. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful, and it was more than my wife and I had even imagined. The decorations were perfect, the Bar Service was outstanding, and the Food was incredible. Billy and Patty made our day the most memorable day of our lives, and we will always recommend Gourmet to Go to everyone that inquires about the best catering service.

Profile Picture Matthew, 10/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Billy and Patty at Gourmet to Go were so great to work with! They were very professional and gave us great suggestions. They were always just an email/phone call away and responded quickly to all of our questions. They followed up to make sure everything got done on time so that the wedding day was as stress-free as possible.

They provided all the food and rentals, gave us great suggestions for food choices, handled all the set up, and made everything look beautiful at the wedding. We got lots of compliments on the food (especially the meatballs during cocktail hour). Billy and Patty even met with us the day before to take all of our decor and favors so that we wouldn't have to worry about them on the wedding day. Everything went PERFECTLY on the day of the wedding, and I would definitely use them to cater an event again!

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Sometimes a name says it all - Gourmet To Go - is just that! From appetizers to dessert everything was delicious.

At our first meeting with Billy Turner, he put us at ease knowing he would be preparing our personalized menu and taking care of all appropriate rentals.

The day of Stephanie/Jean-Paul's wedding at the Bykenhulle House was "exceptional". Many compliments were received on the dinner buffet (including the dinner/dessert presentation).

Sincere thanks go to Billy and Patty and all the staff who were professional and courteous in making a memorable day. Gourmet To Go is your "Go To Caterer" for your wedding or any occasion!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/15/16, 1 Review