Gourmet To Go Reviews

Gourmet To Go 6
Gourmet To Go 7
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn Elliott · Married on 10/20/2018

This was one of the easiest choices when planning our wedding

Stop looking right now and hire Gourmet to Go! From as early as planning to meet or a tasting, Gourmet to Go was professional, quick to get back to you, and excited to be a part of your wedding day. The food is delicious, but the people and service and even better! On the day, they made everything come together effortlessly and were a key component to making our wedding day the best day of our lives.

• SistaoftheBride

Jessica · Married on 10/19/2018

Definitely Stop Looking for a Caterer and just Choose Gourmet to Go

Make this the last review you read during your search for a caterer. We selected Gourmet to Go after having a quiet, private tasting with Billy. (Some companies have a cattle call type tasting). During the entire process leading up to the wedding, Billy and his staff made us very comfortable and they paid attention to every detail. On the day of the event, Patty was fully invaluable. She was thoughtful, responsible, energetic and terrific at handling many tasks at one time. We never doubted for a minute that we weren't in good hands. The food was delicious and it was hard to narrow down our menu choices because they offered so many great options. They were even flexible with offering our kids table more "kid friendly" options. We were very happy with they way everything turned out.

Michael · Married on 09/22/2018

Billy, Patty, and the entire gourmet to go catering staff were incredible to work with. The food they prepared for our wedding was outstanding. We can’t thank them enough for everything they did! We would highly recommend their services.

• User5444558 · Recently married

I had the pleasure of being a guest at a wedding catered by Gourmet to Go on Sunday at Locust Grove. The food was devine...you could tell that it was made with commitment and love. More importantly, being a part of the bridal party- I have to give my greatest voice of appreciation to Patty. She made a point to not only ensure that any possible roadblock or snag was taken care of- but more importantly, I have never seen a bride and groom happier. Her commitment to her job and passion to ensure that everyone's special day shines brightly through her work. I would recommend any party and services to be run and catered with the amazing team we had.

Mireille · Married on 07/14/2018

Gourmet to go was simply phenomenal and made the entire wedding. Patty, their event coordinator, is a bride and groom's dream come true. We never contemplated having a wedding planner because who has money for that but Patty comes with the package and I have no idea what we would have done without her. She walked us through the rentals savings us money, helped decorate and organize the venue, picked up last minute things we forgot, and was behind the scenes day of making sure everything ran smoothly. She, alone, is worth booking Gourmet to Go. But of course there is the food which people are still raving about. From cocktail hour down to dessert they knocked it out of the park. Everything was so delicious. And Billy, the chef, is such a great guy. He worked within our budget to make sure we got everything we wanted and made the whole process super easy. Their catering staff were all sweethearts to boot -- running around in two torrential downpours with genuine smiles glued on their faces. Our wedding was nothing short of magical and it was in very large part because of Gourmet To Go. If you're thinking about booking there is nothing more to think about. I can assure you it will be one of the best decisions you make for your wedding!

Ashley · Married on 05/19/2018

Gourmet To Go was such so lovely to work with and to have at my wedding! My guests loved the food and someone even said "this is the best chicken I've ever had"!! Not only was all of the food phenomenal but the service was great as well. Billy and Patty were a pleasure to work with. Patty was extremely responsive to emails and worked really well with my wedding planner to coordinate. Gourmet To Go's staff was incredible as well. The servers were attentive, the cocktail hour went well and the bartenders were great. All this to say that my wedding day did NOT go as planned and Gourmet to Go had to roll with the punches aka RAIN! My cocktail hour, ceremony, and reception all had to go under one tent and they accommodated to it seamlessly. I would highly recommend Gourmet to Go to anyone who needs catering!

Sara · Married on 05/19/2018

I had the pleasure of working with Gourmet To Go for my clients wedding at Boscobel House and Gardens in Garrison, NY. As a wedding planner, I am extremely organized and anal about timelines, organization and day-of logistics. Gourmet To Go's manager Patty is hands down the best partner in crime for the day of an event I could ask for! I did NOT have to worry about my timeline, details and organization the day of because she was there. I do not often receive such wonderful support while planning and coordinating a wedding but she went out of her way to make sure that the food service ran on time and that my clients were happy.

Patty, the lead on site was not only amazing the day of the wedding but I can not say enough wonderful things about her communication and assistance in the final stages of the coordinating and timelines for the big day. Her expertise in catering, knowledge in set-up, rentals and decor helped to make the wedding day run perfectly! The execution and logistics of the day worked out perfectly because she and I were always on the same page!

I can not wait to work with Patty and her team in future events!!!

Gourmet To Go 8
    Gourmet To Go 9
    Gourmet To Go 10

Shelley · Married on 03/10/2018

The frendily and professional service we received was excellent. The qualtiy of the food was exceptional. (My guests especially liked the wide selection of gluten free appetizers and the mushroom stuffed chicken entree option.) Needless-to-say, we were very impressed!

Allison · Married on 10/28/2017

Patty, Billy and the entire team at Gourmet to Go are top notch. From our initial e-mails, to the tasting, to the week of prep and of course the day of- everything went perfectly.

For starters, the food is amazing. If you are looking for quality, locally sourced food, look no further. This is far beyond typical wedding food. Our guests raved about each appetizer at cocktail hour, the entrees and of course dessert. Feeding large groups of people can sometimes be challenging, but Gourmet to Go knocked this out of the park.

This is more than just a catering company. The attention to detail in helping to execute my vision as a DIY bride was amazing. Patty and her team treated us like family and were attentive to all of our guests. She checked in with us constantly throughout the day really ensured everything went off without a hitch. Our wedding would not have been the same without them.

Gourmet To Go 11
    Gourmet To Go 12

Angie · Married on 10/14/2017

I have only good things to say about Gourmet to Go. Billy was awesome to work with. Actually, the entire staff was great. Setup/breakdown was super fast. The service and the food was absolutely superb; everyone had wonderful things to say, going on about how wedding food is never that good. Any time someone said their dish was amazing, the other person would assume they were having the same dish they were enjoying because they couldn't imagine the other dishes were just as good. Amazing. Thank you guys.

Juliet · Married on 10/08/2017

There are not enough words of praise for Billy and Patty! When wedding planning became overwhelmed or stressful, Billy would always come to the rescue. He is SUPER nice and personable and wants your day to be truly special and reflect YOU. He worked within our budget, listened to all of our ideas and understood what kind of day we wanted, was available for 1201239 emails, calls, and texts, and even had staff on the day make cotton candy based on a whim I had a week before the wedding. Billy also comes with Patty, maitre'd extraordinaire and overall good person. Together, they made sure my wedding day was seamless and EXACTLY as we pictured it (probably even better). All this aside, the food was amazzzzinggg. Our friends are still texting us about the braised short ribs and pumpkin ravioli. My only regret from the wedding was not being able to eat more. Thank you Billy, Patty, and your entire dedicated team of making people's dreams come true!!

Gourmet To Go 13
    Gourmet To Go 14
    Gourmet To Go 15
  • W

William · Married on 10/07/2017

We used Gourmet to Go this past weekend for our Opening Meet Hunt Breakfast. It was the best we have had in many years and I cannot say enough about how good they are. Billy Turner is AAA+ and the food was just amazing. They are fair in their pricing and really wonderful to work with. I think they had a crew of eight people and everyone of them was courteous, polite and caring about their job and about us. They served close to 110 people and the photos are before they all arrived.

Gina · Married on 09/16/2017

I don't even know where to start or who to start with! Planning an outdoor wedding on natural ground is a nightmare and a headache but I can truly say Billy and Patty made my year of wedding planning a hell of a lot easier! They are the easiest group to work with and truly a hidden gem! I considered my wedding one with too many details and Billy and Patty made sure every single one was executed the way I wanted it to be! They stayed in constant communication from day one through several days after the wedding I simply could not have been blessed with a better vendor. The food beyond exceeded any wedding I have ever been too and my guests are still ranting and raving saying the exact same. My husband and I have been to the Slammin Salmon a few times for lunch ourselves after our tasting because well the food is amazing! As you all know an outdoor wedding is very stressful because the weather is so unpredictable.. it was supposed to rain the day of my wedding and I was devastated but Patty was the only one who was able to calm me down and make sure we were 100% prepared for whatever was to come. Fortunately it did not wind up raining and we had the most perfect day! Patty waited on me hand and foot she made sure everything was the way I wanted it, in between pictures she was always right there waiting to hand me and my husband a beer and on a sunny day I can't tell you how amazing that was! Forget being an amazing wedding vendor Billy and Patty are the type of people you will keep in touch with forever they sincerely have become like family to me! I had grabbed Patty several times to dance with me or sit with me throughtout the night because quite frankly I enjoyed her company more than many others at my wedding :) You will not be dissappointed with this group they are a brides dream come true!!

Lia & Christian · Married on 09/16/2017

We were extremely satisfied by Gourmet To Go. Billy and his team were wonderful and very accommodating. The food was incredibly tasty, we were told by many guests that it was the best food they've had at a wedding (you have to try the leg of lamb!). The buffet was very well presented, and desserts were all to die for. The Maitre D was very kind and made sure we ate that evening - she set aside a plate for us at both the cocktail hour and dinner. Billy was very patient with us as we fully customized the menu. We would absolutely recommend Gourmet To Go to anyone.

Jennifer · Married on 09/15/2017

Just wow. From our first meeting with Billy, we knew we wanted to work with him for our wedding. Not only was our tasting delicious, they had so many options for us to chose from. We wanted to go a different route than the traditional sit down dinner, so instead we did a "progressive buffet," where multiple items were passed around as well as a constant flow of table stations throughout the night. We changed our minds a few times as to what we wanted at the tables, passed, etc, and Billy would get back to me within a few hours at the most with an updated menu. Billy's staff is amazing as well. Lauren and Patty were the go-to ladies for the night of, and they both met up with me multiple times at the venue to get decorations, pictures, table cards, center pieces, etc, and to make sure everything was set just the way they wanted. All three of them were so accessible through call, text, and email, and having one of them there all the time was really comforting to us. The night of the wedding could not have gone better. Everything was beautiful, amazing, and organized. The guests could not stop talking about how great the food was, and I'm still hearing about it (a month later). I highly recommend Billy and his staff, you won't be disappointed. Their professionalism and dedication to making your wedding as special as you envision is something they take to heart, and let me tell you, it shows. I haven't gotten my photos back yet from my photographer, or else I would have most of them posted on here!

Laura · Married on 09/09/2017

We loved working with Billy and Patty!! The food was delicious and Billy was able to accommodate my gluten allergy. Our guests are still raving about the food! Billy was super flexible with last minute changes to linens and the menu. Patty is awesome! She made sure all of the little details were taken care of the week of the wedding and made sure the day ran smoothly. They were a dream team to have take care of one of the biggest aspects of our day. We cannot say enough good things about this caterer!

Lois · Married on 08/06/2017

Gourmet To Go recently catered a backyard reception for our son and daughter-in-law and we couldn't have been happier with the results! From our first meeting to plan the buffet menu to the final clean up (which left our yard immaculate), Billy and his excellent staff provided professional, personal service.

Billy's helpful suggestions combined with our choices from the extensive menu provided us with a variety of delicious hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, and a memorable dinner including red, white and blue potato salad, corn on the cob lollipops, grilled vegetables, and chicken marsala. Especially popular were the assorted stuffed mushrooms and the tender marinated hanger steak with its special BBQ sauce!

Patty and Lauren set up a lovely display on the serving tables, and arranged the place settings and decorations with care. The bride and groom were thrilled with the results! The food and drink appeared effortlessly all afternoon, and everyone's efficiency and flexibility allowed us all to relax and truly enjoy the party!

We thank them all , and heartily recommend them to host your next event! As my son told us, "Everything was perfect!"

Brandon · Married on 08/05/2017

My wife and I could not have asked for anything to go differently on our special day, everything was absolutely perfect! Billy, Patty and the rest of the staff did an amazing job.
    Details:
    Every detail was executed from the placement of the Bourbon Bar (Bartenders Kate & Mike were amazing!), Cigar Bar and even where we wanted candles. Patty and Billy were open to any and everything we had envisioned for the day and even provided some possible options for us, which we loved. Patty did an amazing job with staying on top of the night, whether it was with the DJ, the Officiant, Photographers, the servers. She was running the event as if it was her own wedding! Thank you Patty!

Food: Cocktail Hour- Mac & Cheese Bar, Taco Bar, Cold Antipasta Display, Cheese Plater Display, and Reuben & Pastrami Station and 11 passed apps. Dinner-Chili Crusted Salmon w/mango pico, Filet Mignon w/sauce Robert and Frenched Cut Chicken stuffed w/fresh mozzarella and spinach wrapped in prosciutto in a Lemon Chardonnay Sauce. Desert was assorted pastries and our wedding cake.

"I have been to a lot of high level events in the MLB world, and your wedding is at the top of the list with those events. The food was amazing". -My uncle who is an MLB agent. My family and I are still receiving complements about the cocktail hour and dinner days later. "Best cocktail hour I have ever been to".- Multiple family members.
    "The Salmon was like butter"-Multiple family members. "The Filet was cooked perfect"- Multiple quests. "The chicken was so savory and juicy". Multiple guests.

I can go on an on about the complements, set up a tasting with Billy and go in and see for yourself. I highly recommend them for your next event. Check them out on Instagram @gourmettogocatering for all the awesome pics Patty and the staff post, it may give you some ideas for your event. Best of luck!

Jim · Married on 07/15/2017

Billy,

Thanks ever so much for Saturday’s event. The food and service were top shelf. As good as both were, they somewhat paled in comparison to your attentiveness – and that of Patty and Kate as well. Warmth and genuine concern!!!!

Couldn’t be more pleased.

Again, most appreciative, Billy.

Jim

Christine · Married on 07/01/2017

Simply the best! Billy, Patty, and the rest of the team made our night an unforgettable one! The food was incredible! We chose stations for mashed potatoes (served in martini glasses), tacos, and sliders (regular and crab cake). All of the guests loved the food and the presentation! I cannot fully express how amazing it was working with Billy and Patty. They invest in their clients as people, and make everything incredibly personal. We might renew our vows next year so they can cater that too (kidding, but really, they're that good!). We would recommend G2G for ANY event where food is a priority! Thank you guys for making our day the BEST!

Lindsey · Married on 06/16/2017

Billy and Patty were absolutely wonderful! When I first contacted them, they put me at ease once we started talking logistics and food choices. We had our wedding at Locust Grove, a venue they had catered in many times before. So they were able to offer great suggestions as far as the lay out for the cocktail hour and reception. At the food tasting we absolutely LOVED the food. Billy knows food and flavor. Obviously, we were then super excited about our guests at the wedding trying the food. And on the big day the food tasted even better!! We got some many compliments about the food from our guests the day of the wedding and weeks after. Since we chose to go with a buffet style dinner, our guests were able to have wide selection which they all appreciated. Leading up to the big day Patty was sooo helpful. I knew on wedding day I didn't want to think about all the decor details. Patty and I had a couple of calls before the wedding to discuss the lay out of all the decor items. She put all of these items I had together so beautifully. Everything looked even better than I planned!! Patty was also essential to my husband and I being able to just enjoy the day. She made sure we had food brought to us when we took some time alone together during coktail hour. She checked in on us to make sure we had everything we needed. She was just the BEST. Her and Billy are an awesome team. They really helped make the day so special and my husband and I are so thankful :)

Gourmet To Go 16
    Gourmet To Go 17
    Gourmet To Go 18
    Gourmet To Go 19
    Gourmet To Go 20
    Gourmet To Go 21

Melinda · Married on 06/11/2017

I planned a 50th wedding anniversary for my parents at Locusts Grove, and Gourmet to Go were the caterer. Let me tell you, hands down the best caterer in the Hudson Valley. Billy was very attentive in the planning process and Patty was beyond amazing running the the show at the actual event. The buzz at the party was... Who is the great caterer? I would recommend Gourmet to Go to anyone, big events or small.... you will be impressed!
    - Melinda Sims

• Q

Q · Married on 06/10/2017

Gourmet To Go recently catered our wedding at The Farm at Pond Lily and we couldn't be happier with our experience! Billy and Patty were attentive, professional, creative and accommodating. The food was excellent! Billy worked with us to from start to finish providing excellent suggestions within our budget. They can do it all, numerous passed hors d'oeuvre at cocktail hour, delicious multiple course sit down dinner and even a tasty late night snack. Our venue (being a barn) with its limited infrastructure was no problem for the Gourmet to Go team as they still provided top notch food and service with a smile. We recommend using Billy, Patty and the entire Gourmet to Go team for your event.

Brooke · Married on 05/20/2017

Where to begin with Gourmet to Go. First and foremost, Billy and Patty were incredible to work with from start to finish. My Husband and I had a very short engagement, but everything was so skillfully planned by Billy and Patty that it the wedding planning process was completely stress-free- all thanks to Billy & Patty. The food was absolutely delicious. There were so many personal touches (aka things I did not think of!) that Patty added to my wedding day to contribute to the ambiance- I was blown away, my guests were blown away. People are still ranting and raving about our wedding to this day- everything from how beautiful the tables looked, how good the food was, to how the service was prompt and professional. My Husband and I were married at Locust Grove in Poughkeepsie, New York- they only provide the venue, the couple is responsible for bringing in the vendors. After making my additional vendor selections (outside of catering), Billy and Patty worked one on one with them to make everything come together beautifully- and even took the time to meet me at two different rental companies as I (indecisively) planned out my flatware and linen color scheme. Bill and Patty were not only friendly- but also honest, knowledgeable, helpful and patient with the entire planning process. When I couldn't make a decision or felt overwhelmed by questions- the running joke was, "I don't know- I have never been married before/planned a wedding!". With that said, I handed the entire structure of dinner service over to Patty and Bill to let them apply their expertise, and everything went off without a hitch. I wanted it done right, and I know that with Patty and Bill in charge the best way to do it was their way. No regrets. Thank you to Bill and Patty for making our day one we will remember forever!