Food 4 Thought Catering Reviews

Food 4 Thought Catering 6
Food 4 Thought Catering 7
  • Mona

Mona · Married on 05/04/2019

Simply the best, most wonderful catering team!

Food4Thought went over and beyond to ensure that our big day went as smoothly as possible. From the first inquiry, Dale, the owner and head chef, has been nothing but responsive (within hours at most -- and most of the time within the hour), professional, flexible, warm, and wonderful to work with. She works with your vision and tailors the food, the rentals to it. I tried my best to be a "green" bride, which I know can make things harder, but Food4Thought Catering took care of it all. They are a green and women-owned and operated business, and they really know how to run a (green) business.

Dale is the warmest and sweetest person to work with. She is also on top of everything. She provided us with suggestions on wine selections and quantity, where to get the wine for the best deals, provided us with dessert options -- and even tossed in a block of cheese, which we specially requested instead of cake. She made it all happen. She is quick to respond, and is so reliable. Even the tasting was a delightful experience. Her food is delicious. Her team so kindly made sure to find us with appetizers to make sure to feed us at one point during the big day. I managed to eat an entire plate of the baby potatoes with blue cheese sauce -- it was that good. It was the sweetest gesture. It was truly a delight to be working with Dale from the very first inquiry, to the tasting, through the planning, all the way to the day-of. She is so easy and wonderful to work with. We were in the best hands and couldn't have been happier with going with Food4Thought.

Thank you SO MUCH, Dale!! We will miss your food and your warmth!

Love,

Food 4 Thought Catering 13
    Food 4 Thought Catering 14
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Eichner · Married on 04/27/2019

Dale is the best, hire Food 4 Thought!

Dale not only created a beautiful menu for my wedding, but she held my hand through the whole wedding planning process, and gave me invaluable advice that helped built our perfect wedding. She is always responsive and very professional, but also felt like a friend more than a vendor. Her food is delicious, and her staff is fantastic! Would HIGHLY recommend to anyone!

Sent on 05/10/2019

Hui Hui · Married on 10/06/2018

Professional staff, good food!

Dale has been incredible to work with since day one. We had a tasting at her home, and she shared some ideas with us and was willing to try making foods that she’s never made. It took us a little while to make our decision for catering, and Dale really respected our need for that but ultimately we decided on Food For Thought. We made a few menu changes and Dale was always very patient, responsive, and accommodated our requests. She has catered a few weddings at Blue Hill Farm BnB, where we held our wedding, so she knows the ins and outs of the venue and are able to provide good recommendations on the layout of the cocktail reception and dinner. On the day of, her staff is very professional and friendly. The appetizers for cocktail hour were incredible. Many of our guests commented on the Asian meatballs with hoisin sauce and loved the grilled cheese with a shot of tomato soup. Overall, we had a great experience with Dale and her staff, and highly recommend her services to everyone!

Sent on 11/02/2018

PAMELA · Married on 06/16/2018

Dale and her team made my son's wedding reception a breeze for me. Being the mother of the groom, and having it at my home in my back yard for 110 people was a huge undertaking for me. But, Dale's staff (10 of them) was very professional and excellent at their service. The food was delicious, as well as, the presentation. My favorite was the beef brisket with a tangy BBQ sauce. The appetizers favorites were the Tequila Citrus Shrimp in a tortilla cup with corn relish and the mini pork meatballs with ginger hoisin dipping sauce. Dale also advised me on many other things I needed to think of having this kind of event at my home. When she left with her team, there was no work for me to do.
    Thank you Dale!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Maria · Married on 05/26/2018

We had to plan a rehearsal dinner from out-of-state. Since our guest list consisted of ninety-nine guests, our options of venues was limited due the size of our party. The venue we chose was the Compass Room at 8 Chains North Winery in Waterford, Virginia. We selected a caterer with experience at the venue, Dale Long of Food 4 Thought Catering. We were very happy with our decision.

Dale made selecting a menu so easy! Her response to my emails was fast! I truly appreciated how she worked with me to create a menu which suited our needs. She even offered a special children's menu for our two young flower girls and ring bearer. Everything was beautifully prepared and delicious! We highly recommend the truffle infused risotto balls, pork meatballs with ricotta and sage, slow roasted salmon and the beef medallions with shallot and red wine reduction sauce. Oh, and the mini assorted cheesecakes were scrumptious!

Elly Sullivan at 8 Chains North Winery was equally responsive and accommodating. Our guests loved every aspect of our rehearsal dinner venue. They especially enjoyed the wonderful 8 Chains North wines on the outdoor patio overlooking the vineyard at sunset. What a wonderful way for two families to come together and get to know each other.

It was a great leap of faith for us to plan this event from out-of-state. Food 4 Thought Catering and 8 Chains North Winery did not disappoint! We highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/31/2018
    Food 4 Thought Catering 15
    Food 4 Thought Catering 16
    Food 4 Thought Catering 17
    Food 4 Thought Catering 18
    Food 4 Thought Catering 19

Nicole · Married on 06/25/2016

Dale and her staff at Food4Thought Catering did an amazing job catering our wedding at 8 Chains North Winery! Dale was wonderful to work with from the very start. She was friendly, flexible, responsive and the food was so good! All of our guests had an amazing time and talked about how beautiful everything looked and how great it tasted. Dale also did a great job handling our rentals so that we didn't have to worry about finding anything on our own...from linens to ceremony chairs. Thanks so much for making our wedding spectacular!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 10/10/2015

My husband and I got married this Fall on October 10th and had the pleasure of our wedding being catered by Dale from Food 4 Thought. Looking back, I honestly can't remember how I found her company amidst all my searching but I'm so glad I did. And after meeting and speaking with Dale in the beginning stages of our planning, our choice to work with her became an easy one.

Dale was always easy to reach, by phone or email which is something you learn to really appreciate when it comes to all this wedding planning. We set up a meeting with her and picked some things to try, she is great at making suggestions and figuring out what you like to even try something new! She had printed copies (with our names on them) of the menu items we talked about with a clear invoice, not to mention these little rustic ornaments of our initials sitting on top of everything. The presentation was incredible! And the fact that she had put in the effort and really personalized the meeting for us meant so much to me. We really enjoyed the food and the opportunity to sit and chat with Dale about our vision and she even gave me recommendations for other vendors I still needed. We ended up using her recommendation for our florist and cake!

I never felt pressure from Dale to make a decision but we knew we would be using her services for our wedding. She helped keep us on track, making sure we set up meetings in the months, then weeks leading up to the wedding. We had a couple vineyard meetings (our wedding was at Breaux Vineyards) where we were able to sit and chat and sip on wine. Dale's husband joined us a few times and he was great to talk to as well. They are just great people and you'll even forget that it's a vendor meeting! The other great thing about Dale and Food 4 Thought is that you are always in contact with the person who is making your food. You can tell she is very passionate about food and flavor and is full of ideas! While trying to save you money where she can!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Dale at "Food for Thought" was a delight to work with for my daughters wedding! A professional without a doubt. The selection of foods for our 135 sit down dinner guests was 'spot on'! From the yummy appetizers, risotto balls 'to die for', to the tender filet and moist salmon and creamy scalloped potatoes. Rave revues were heard throughout the night. Her staff of workers were most efficient and gracious.
    Our kitchen was left immaculately clean!
    I highly recommend "Food for Thought" for any occasion, or just an intimate dinner party.

Sent on 10/23/2015

Victoria · Married on 08/15/2015

My husband and I hosted a post-elopment party. Dale and her food were outstanding! She is professional and friendly. Her crab cakes were absolutely delicious (all of my guests raved about them), the potatoes au gratin were heavenly, and the london broil was cooked to perfection. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/09/2015

Christie · Married on 06/27/2015

Working with Dale and her staff at Food 4 Thought was wonderful! First of all, her prices beat any other company around(and believe me, we did our research). Having to work with so many people to plan a wedding can be overwhelming and stressful, but Dale made the process stress-free and enjoyable as she quickly responded to all and any emails or calls. She personalized the menu to fit our guests, met with my husband I for a tasting at the venue and came to the walk through with the day of coordinator just to make sure everything was in order.
    The day of our wedding, her and the staff were there early to set-up and displayed everything so nicely. Everyone loved the appetizers, especially the crab cakes and grape leaves! The staff was very friendly and did a great job walking around with wine during dinner. My dinner was a buffet style and it was really nice to have the staff helping serve as guests came down the line.
    It was such a blessing to work with Dale because I didn't have to worry at all if what she promised would get done. I highly recommend Food 4 Thought to anyone who is looking to work with a wonderful company and enjoy a delicious meal on their wedding day!

Sent on 07/16/2015

Dorrie · event on 06/11/2015

Dale is extremely professional and very personable to work with. She is attentive to all the details surrounding an event and takes a personal interest in it. The food prepared is delicious, made to order and presented in an upscale yet relaxed manner. On the day of the event, they arrived early, set-up was seamless and clean-up was impeccable. The service staff during the event were polite and responsive to the needs of everyone. Dale and her team are topnotch!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Enter · event on 02/27/2015

Team of Food 4Thought has been our company's caterer for many years in the large variety of events. They always provided very professional and quality service. Our guests were always satisfied.

Sent on 03/03/2015

Denise · event on 11/21/2014

Dale is one of the most pleasant and professional persons you will ever work with. We had several last minute changes and Dale was very understanding and accommodating! She took care of every detail setting up/decorating the tables and did and outstanding job with everything!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Catherine · Married on 10/12/2014

We held a rehearsal dinner at a private home for 66 people. Dale and Food 4 Thought came highly recommended from the home owner and I could not have been more pleased. I wanted to use my own recipes and Dale was very accommodating.

Dale met us at the home and recommended the appetizers and some sides that would complement our main course. Everything that was served was delicious and plentiful. I also appreciated the professional and positive attitude of Dale and her staff - very easy to work with. The end of the night ended with lots of happy/full guests and a clean kitchen for my home owner.

Kudos to Dale and Food 4 Thought. I highly recommend Dale.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Dave · event on 09/20/2014

Excellent Food and very professional.

Sent on 10/23/2014

Julia · event on 08/16/2014

Thank you for working with us on such short notice! Everything looked and tasted wonderful!

Sent on 09/09/2014

Leslie · event on 07/17/2014

The presentation and taste is always superb!!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Stacy · Married on 09/28/2013

My husband I hired Food 4 Thought catering to cater our rehearsal dinner at a local winery. The minute we met Dale we fell in love! We are both originally from NJ and so instead of doing a traditional rehearsal dinner, we decided to host a cocktail party for all of our out of town wedding guests with heavy hors d'oeuvres. Dale was super easy to work with, and she was hands down my favorite vendor! She worked with us to stay in our budget, and truly over delivered! We have big Italian families (yes- every NJ Italian stereotype you are thinking is true) and these folks expect to feast. Dale had plenty of food and everyone simply raved about it! Dale actually provided better quality and more food than our wedding venue! My family and friends are still talking about the event and how delicious everything was!

With Dale you get the whole package- amazing customer service, fair prices, and amazing food! I plan on using Dale for all of my future events, and I would recommend that you do, too!

Sent on 07/07/2014

Food 4 Thought catered our wedding in July 2013. Dale was so nice to work with - she was flexible and great at catering to our needs (no pun intended), and had great ideas of her own! It really was fun for my husband and I to brainstorm with her about the types of dishes we would serve! She was also extremely helpful when it came to figuring out the logistics of the day, the logistics of the space (our wedding was outdoor with the reception tented), and what equipment/supplies we would need to order or rent. She even accompanied us on a few trips to visit the venue, check out the space, and meet with the venue's staff!

The day of the wedding went so smoothly! It was a real blessing to not have to worry about anything, as it was all taken care of by her and her friendly staff. The hors d'oeuvres were perfect for our summer wedding - refreshing, delicious, and presented nicely - and each part of our buffet-style dinner was fabulous - delicious, flavorful, with lots of variety, and the perfect combination of classy and casual that we were going for! We received many compliments from our guests about the quality of food! It was so good!!

It was so nice to work with someone who is so passionate about food, who really cares about her craft, and has lots of knowledge to share! If we could do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Kim · event on 02/14/2014

Dale Long and Food4Thought Catering are a wonderful full service caterer. The food is fantastic, creative and fun. If you want a great value and delicious food, Food4Thought is a great choice. Dale Long is professional, flexible and a joy to work with. She and her staff have provided dinner entree's for our winery on a monthly basis and they never disappoint! Our customers look forward to the unique and delicious entree choices that Dale consistently provides to our venue. Food4Thought is a wonderful choice for the bride who wants a beautifully prepared and delicious dinner for her wedding reception. Dale Long provided a wonderful 4-course menu for our first Annual Valentines Dinner at The Barns at Hamilton Station Vineyards this past February. Our guests are still talking about the experience!

Sent on 10/30/2014