8466-E Tyco Road, Vienna, VA 22182 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 1

About Helga's Caterers

Helga’s Caterers is a professional, family-owned catering company in Northern Virginia. They have been providing fine dining services and creating memorable experiences for celebrations in the Washington, D.C. area for over 30 years. Helga’s Caterers specializes in full-service catering and event planning to make your day extraordinary.

Helga’s Caterers has it all when it comes to catering and event planning. They offer over 50 event sites for you to select from within the Washington, D.C, Maryland, and Virginia areas. Whether it is your bridal shower, bridal luncheon, rehearsal dinner or wedding reception, Helga’s Caterers will make your day unforgettable.

Cuisine
Helga’s Caterers is able to please any crowd with their plethora of menu options and serving styles. Helga’s Caterers will fit their serving style to your favor whether you prefer plated, family style, or anything in between. No matter which style you decide, Helga’s team will take care of the delivery, setup and cleanup services. Helga’s Caterers provides a variety of cuisine types, including but not limited to:

• American
  • Mediterranean
  • Southern
  • Spanish

Other Services
In addition to full-service catering, Helga’s Caterers can provide additional amenities, from your dream wedding cake to beautiful flower arrangements. Whether you are planning a smaller intimate gathering, or an extravagant celebration, Helga’s Catering will provide:

• Tables

Helga's Caterers 2
Helga's Caterers 3
  • Christy

Christy Cichowitz · Getting married on 02/09/2020

Phenomenal service and delicious food!

A caterer can make or break your wedding... and Helga's knocked it out of the park! I absolutely loved working with them. We had a very tight budget and Helga's was incredibly accommodating to it, while still providing excellent service. They bring a lot of experience to the table, and Michael and the staff were so attentive to every little detail. I came to the tasting with a list of questions, and they were prepared for everything. The food was delicious and I received many compliments from wedding guests. The wait staff went above and beyond - they were constantly thinking of little ways to help guests (and my husband and I) enjoy the day (and keep it drama-free!).

Besides my wedding photographer, Helga's was my FAVORITE vendor! So responsive and thoughtful. If you're on the fence, just do a tasting with them... you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/02/2019
    Helga's Caterers 4
  • F

Fatima · Married on 07/20/2019

Helga's Catering makes fabulous food and offers great service!

We are beyond thrilled to have worked with Helga’s Catering for our wedding. First of all, the food was unbelievably delicious, and our guests raved about all of it, from cocktail hour hors d’oeuvres to entrees. I’m allergic to gluten so I was intimidated about the prospect of finding a caterer who could accommodate a completely gluten-free menu, and from the very beginning Michael, the owner, assured me that it would be easy to do, which made me feel safe and relaxed enough to enjoy everything on our menu. We got to customize our menu and Michael was even open to making a Paraguayan family recipe for us; when we opted to have my sister make it instead using my grandmother’s recipe, he was incredibly gracious and the staff even heated and cut our family dish. He made sure we could serve exactly what we wished, and as if that weren’t enough, his staff took incredible care of my husband and me throughout the day. We had a buffet dinner and they offered to make a plate for us, and they checked on us repeatedly to make sure we had plenty of booze and water, too. We ordered cake from a gluten-free bakery, and because we ordered two kitchen cakes, they had those precut and ready to go so our guests could dig in right after we cut the display cake. They plated the display cake quickly, too, and I was able to share a piece of all three flavors with my husband because they made sure mealtime went very smoothly! Cleanup was so quick that I didn’t even notice it happening, and they boxed everything up perfectly, including the top layer of our cake. If you want to serve food that you and your guests love AND you want to make sure everyone is beautifully cared for along the way, we highly recommend Helga’s Catering.

Sent on 10/09/2019

Helga's Caterers FAQ

• What event services do you provide? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide? Breakfast / Brunch, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Family Style, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Lunch, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tapas, Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? American, BBQ, Cajun, Caribbean, French, German, Greek, Italian, Latin American, Mediterranean, Mexican, Sandwiches, Seafood, Southern, Southwestern, Spanish
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? Liquor License, Bartender(s), Limited Bar, Open Bar, House Beer, House Wine, Champagne Toast, House Liquor, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Outside Alcohol
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Chairs, Tables

Real Weddings

• Weddings with Willow
    Weddings with Willow Wedding Planners

I was the wedding coordinator on behalf of a couple that hired Helga's Catering for their wedding. I was very impressed with their level of service. They not only provided food but were in charge of all set up, break down, linens, dishes, etc. They drew out a floor plan prior to the wedding, which was very helpful for myself and the bride/groom. They were also in charge of clean up and I don't mean just breaking down the tables and clearing out. They vacuumed, among other things, and made the room look as though we were never there. Additionally, they arrived 30 minutes before the vendor start time, to begin set up, eager to get everything started. Of course, the food was great too!

• Event Details by Edelina
    Event Details by Edelina Wedding Planners

Helga's is wonderful to work with; they stay in constant contact with the customer and with coordinators; very accommodating in terms of changes and specialty requests; wonderful, gracious and helpful staff with "can-do" attitudes, you really can't ask for more! Did I mention the food is also delicious?

• 8466-E Tyco Road Vienna, VA, 22182 See on map