Helga's Caterers Reviews

Helga's Caterers 2
Helga's Caterers 3

Meredith Zamora · Getting married on 10/05/2020

Wonderful wedding

Helgas was recommended to me by a dear friend and BOY am I ever glad I found them. Everything was WONDERFUL from start to finish. Can't wait to have another party with their loving help.

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Leslye

Leslye Vargas-Ayala · Getting married on 08/09/2020

Mouthwatering food at budget friendly pricing

Helga's Catering surpassed our high expectations for quality food at reasonable prices. We loved EVERY single item on our wedding menu. We had a vision for what kind of food we wanted our guests to enjoy, and Michael, the owner really worked with us to make our vision a reality. From their perfectly crisp bruschetta appetizers to their exquisite sweet Italian sausage pasta dish. Your guests will be raving about the food for days to come, ours sure did. Bottom line, if serving delectable food is one of your wedding priorities, go with Helga's!!

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Christy

Christy Cichowitz · Getting married on 02/09/2020

Phenomenal service and delicious food!

A caterer can make or break your wedding... and Helga's knocked it out of the park! I absolutely loved working with them. We had a very tight budget and Helga's was incredibly accommodating to it, while still providing excellent service. They bring a lot of experience to the table, and Michael and the staff were so attentive to every little detail. I came to the tasting with a list of questions, and they were prepared for everything. The food was delicious and I received many compliments from wedding guests. The wait staff went above and beyond - they were constantly thinking of little ways to help guests (and my husband and I) enjoy the day (and keep it drama-free!).

Besides my wedding photographer, Helga's was my FAVORITE vendor! So responsive and thoughtful. If you're on the fence, just do a tasting with them... you won't be disappointed!

Helga's Caterers 4
    Sent on 10/02/2019

Lauren Hedinger · Married on 11/02/2019

Helga's helped make sure it all came together!

We had a November wedding at a venue that provided minimal day-of management and with no day-of coordinator or planner and Helga's helped make sure that everything ran smoothly. Everyone we worked with was friendly, patient, and knowledgeable. And the food was GREAT! Helga's is a really great value and they do an incredibly professional job. Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 11/12/2019

Sean Culbertson · Married on 10/12/2019

Catering & Bar

The choice of Helgas for catering was one of our best choices. The service was great. Amazing price. Tasty food.

From the beginning, they were wonderful with helping with the vision, answering our numerous questions promptly and making concessions for guests with restrictive diets.

They went above and beyond handling things so that we could enjoy our wedding. They always made sure we, as the bride and groom, had food and drinks throughout the night which was truly a special touch beyond making sure our guests were also always taken care of.

Helgas is a family business and you can tell by the way they care about their business and customers. Highly recommended and excellent value!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • F

Fatima · Married on 07/20/2019

Helga's Catering makes fabulous food and offers great service!

We are beyond thrilled to have worked with Helga’s Catering for our wedding. First of all, the food was unbelievably delicious, and our guests raved about all of it, from cocktail hour hors d’oeuvres to entrees. I’m allergic to gluten so I was intimidated about the prospect of finding a caterer who could accommodate a completely gluten-free menu, and from the very beginning Michael, the owner, assured me that it would be easy to do, which made me feel safe and relaxed enough to enjoy everything on our menu. We got to customize our menu and Michael was even open to making a Paraguayan family recipe for us; when we opted to have my sister make it instead using my grandmother’s recipe, he was incredibly gracious and the staff even heated and cut our family dish. He made sure we could serve exactly what we wished, and as if that weren’t enough, his staff took incredible care of my husband and me throughout the day. We had a buffet dinner and they offered to make a plate for us, and they checked on us repeatedly to make sure we had plenty of booze and water, too. We ordered cake from a gluten-free bakery, and because we ordered two kitchen cakes, they had those precut and ready to go so our guests could dig in right after we cut the display cake. They plated the display cake quickly, too, and I was able to share a piece of all three flavors with my husband because they made sure mealtime went very smoothly! Cleanup was so quick that I didn’t even notice it happening, and they boxed everything up perfectly, including the top layer of our cake. If you want to serve food that you and your guests love AND you want to make sure everyone is beautifully cared for along the way, we highly recommend Helga’s Catering.

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Carrie

Carrie Kurtz · Married on 11/09/2018

Unforgettable Experience

Everyone raved about the buffet we had and cocktail hour where our soft pretzels were served out of a converted horse trailer. They we attentive to our needs, responsive at each step though contracting and payment, accommodating for a tasting and suggestions, and a real pleasure to work with. We have found the caterers we will work with for all of life’s occasions! Our wedding would not have been the same without them!!!

We were able to choose just beer and wine to e served and they Made it a point to joyfully serve our own mixed cocktail. They worked with our desserts that were provided and were so awesome with serving our cake. Thank you so much to the team that was there to help us out and learn a new venue!

Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Cassie

Cassie Tobias · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing Wedding Caterer

Helga's Catering was amazing to work with for our wedding day! From start to finish, they worked with our budget and were flexible with us in a way that is rare in the wedding industry! The food was phenomenal and their service was top notch! We would recommend them to anyone looking for an incredible wedding caterer!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Maddie · Married on 09/16/2018

Great food

Helga's catering did a lot right and some wrong on our wedding day. The food was amazing and within budget. Lynda, Michael and the staff helped us throughout the planning process and were very accommodating with our special diet guests. On the day of they were able to handle the flow of guests and provide everyone with drinks in a timely manner. Our venue allowed us to provide our own alcohol, so long as we had a licensed bartender to serve it. Helga's provided the bartenders, and they also provided us a buying list based on the number of guests. First off, the drinks were too strong (undrinkable), and the heavy pouring ultimately caused us to run out of liquor. This was particularly frustrating because Helga's had provided us the buying list in the first place. Another issue we had with Helga's was the lack of attention to detail when placing the chairs for our ceremony. They made the aisles too narrow, and there were instances where our wedding party had to go single file, as opposed to in a pair. Thankfully we fit down the aisle as we took our first married steps together, but it was tight. These things did not ruin our night, but they do affect how we view Helga's and the service they provided us. We would recommend them, but would encourage all to make sure they don't make the same mistakes.

Sent on 01/18/2019

Mary · Married on 08/11/2018

We had an excellent experience wt Helga’s.

Sent on 09/12/2018

Mimi · Married on 07/28/2018

We, along with my entire family (& our guests!), were so incredibly lucky to have Helga's team as the caterers at our wedding. They did an AMAZING job. The food was delicious (i.e. - they nailed our request for authentic Moroccan food), the staff was incredibly helpful and kind, and everything was set up to perfection (as I had pictured & more). Mike and Lynda - the leaders behind the scenes - were both an absolute pleasure to work with individually and we felt so safe in their hands throughout this process. Highly recommend this experienced, professional, and creative caterer.

Sent on 09/04/2018

Annika Ayala · Married on 12/30/2017

Thrilled with Helga’s Catering!

I would absolutely recommend Helga’s Caterers. They were so incredibly flexible and accommodating to our every need during our planning session/tasting. My husband and I were so thrilled with the level of service we received and how special they made us feel on our big day. Everything went so smoothly and they made sure to check in to see if my husband and I needed anything throughout the evening. I had multiple guests have seconds or more! They were attentive and so kind to us and our family. I will absolutely use Helga’s again for an event and encourage others to use them! You won’t be disppointed.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Joshua · Married on 11/05/2017

Michael and his team were truly wonderful to work with . We had a tight budget to work with and Michael was extremely patient and kind. We utilized Helgas for two different events, our wedding reception and a post wedding reception. The quality of the food was exceptional and our guests told us repeatedly how much they enjoyed the food and service. My wife and I wholeheartedly recommend choosing Helgas for your wedding!

Sent on 12/28/2017
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 09/02/2017

A Viking Feast

Lynda at Helga's was wonderful to work with! We had a Viking wedding and they were able to accommodate all of our special requests, including big turkey legs!! I would absolutely recommend them!!

Helga's Caterers 5
    Helga's Caterers 6
    Sent on 10/17/2018

Tanya · Married on 07/15/2017

Helga's did a wonderful job catering for my daughter's wedding. I would highly recommend them to anyone. Both the food and the service was terrific and all the guests loved them

Sent on 08/08/2017

Diane · Married on 07/08/2017

I could not have asked for more at our wedding last month. Helga's was incredible, professional, and accommodating. I think all of our guests went back for seconds and thirds, the cake was delicious, there was never a back-up at the bar, the staff had plates ready for my husband and me at both the cocktail hour and the dinner, the buffet and cocktail hour display looked gorgeous ... I could go on. Everything just ran perfectly (with no wedding coordinator) and it really helped me enjoy every second of our wedding. So many caterers didn't even bother to write me back with a proposal while - it sounds silly to say - Helga's acted like they actually wanted our business. Michael and his staff worked very well with me, our DJ, and our venue. I would hire Helga's again without hesitation and would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Joyce · Married on 06/10/2017

Helga's has catered two of my daughters weddings and on both occasions I was thrilled beyond my expectations! Two daughters to go and I will certainly look to Helga's again. Love the staff; professional but friendly and very easy to work with. Food was outstanding.

Sent on 12/18/2017

Susan · Married on 11/19/2016

Helga's did an amazing job catering our wedding! The food was delicious, and the wait staff and bartenders were friendly and attentive to our every need. We had several children attending the wedding, and Helga's had a special children's buffet for them, which was a hit as well! Helga's also helped with the set up for the wedding and the reception. We had originally planned for an indoor wedding, but then changed it to an outdoor wedding halfway through the set up. Not a single people complained, and I had comments about how professional they were with the set up and clean up. We did not have to worry about little set up details, because Helga's had it all covered!

Sent on 12/13/2016
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 11/05/2016

Flexible, patient, and easy to work with. I worked with Michael and Lynda from Helgas, who catered both our rehearsal dinner and reception - the food was excellent and they were adaptive and professional throughout.

Sent on 11/16/2016

chris · Married on 10/22/2016

They did a wonderful job and were very flexible on the day. We had many changes due to weather and they sorted it all out really well and the day was a success! The food was delicious and would recommend them to anyone looking for professional catering!

Sent on 12/14/2016
  • Alyona

Alyona · Married on 07/09/2016

Helga's did a wonderful job with the catering for our wedding. They were confident, collaborative, and responsive throughout our planning process, giving us piece of mind. We love that they are a family-owned business and it shows in the care, attention, and flexibility they gave us. They are the best value compared to other vendors in the area, and the food tasted great.

We ended up having some last minute guest number changes they allowed us to accommodate, and facilitated some difficult scoping conversations with our venue. We highly recommend Michael and his team!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Cheryl · Married on 06/26/2016

Helga's catered our June wedding - they did a great job! The buffet was attractively arranged, the food was delicious. Michael was great to work with in the planning stage. The wait staff was attentive to details and worked to make the event run smoothly.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Alejandra · Married on 06/19/2016

Helga's Caterers did an outstanding job and we loved working with them on our wedding on June 19, 2016 . Michael and every single one of his staff members were awesome and very helpful. The food was delicious and Michael made sure we had bilingual staff - since most of our family only speak spanish. The staff really made it easy for us to have a great (stress free) time at our wedding…and for that, we could not thank you enough. We sincerely thank Helga's Caterers for every detail (big or small) that you put into our wedding reception. We couldnt have wished for a more wonderful night. We highly recommend them for your event, you wont be disappointed.

Sent on 11/08/2016

Grace · Married on 05/14/2016

Helga's Caterers did an incredible job for our wedding winery reception from start to finish! They handled everything, and I mean EVERYTHING! They were full service and were able to handle our cocktail hour passed out hors d'oeuvres, our modified speciality cocktail bar, our buffet style dinner, and even our desserts AND wedding cake! It was SO much easier using one vendor for all of our food/liquor/equipment needs. The entire staff did a great job setting up, they were gracious to our guests and helped prepare plates for us and our parents. We were concerned about clean up but they did an excellent job and all of our guests raved about the food. In fact, most guests went back for seconds so there wasn't much leftover food. Now, that's a great indicator of excellent food! We highly recommend Helga's Caterers - Michael, the owner was a delight to work with, and would use them again!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Sarah · Married on 07/25/2015

Helga's did an excellent job at our wedding on 7/25/15! Mike Evans was incredibly helpful and flexible throughout the planning process. He allowed us to do a tasting of menu options and was completely open to changes and substitutions. The food was great, the menu options were extensive, and the prices were so reasonable- much more affordable than any other caterer we looked into! The reception went very smoothly, the setup and cleanup were quick, and the details of the room/decor/layout plan were exactly as discussed before the event. I would recommend Helga's to anyone!

Sent on 08/10/2015