Door To Door Cleaners & Tailors Reviews

Door To Door Cleaners & Tailors 6
Door To Door Cleaners & Tailors 7

Jacklyn · Getting married on 03/21/2020

My Fairy Godmother Yosr

I am beyond grateful to Yosr! She went above and beyond for me to make sure I had my wedding gown on time for my wedding. I was only able to get it to her the Sunday before my wedding due to alterations being made and she got the dress back to me by the day before my wedding. It was beautiful and made my day extra special!

Sent on 03/11/2019
    Door To Door Cleaners & Tailors 8
  • Amanda

Amanda Salvatore · Married on 02/10/2019

Amazingly Kind and Helpful

A few days before my wedding I noticed my dress needed to be cleaned and pressed from my final fitting. I only had 3 days to get it done and called Door to Door in a bit of a panic. They were so helpful and rose to the challenge! Yoser and the rest of the team made it happen in no time at all and the dress was ready ahead of schedule! They took such care of the dress (and me) I couldn’t recommend them enough!

Sent on 02/13/2019
  • Tina

Tina · Married on 11/18/2018

Saved my wedding dress!

Yosr and Wendy are BEYOND AMAZING! They saved my wedding dress!!!

My wedding dress was purchased from Grace Loves Lace and I had a few major issues with my dress and very limited time (2 weeks) before my wedding. My dress was all lace with lining with 60cm train. The back of the dress had a large keyhole cutout.

Yosr and Wendy were not only talented but so very kind. They were sympathetic and optimistic about the situation. They knew I was short on time so they did everything very quickly and aimed for perfection. They could have easily fixed what they could and sent me on my way, but instead they made sure I was happy with everything and gave me plenty of time to try on my dress and really think about the alterations.

Major issues with the dress (all were production issues): 1) My lining was misaligned and 2) the dress was at least one size too big for me.
    Minor alterations: 1) add belt and 2) add bustle.

Solutions: The major issues required a lot of planning on Wendy and Yosr's part. I think I was there for an hour for them (that is how careful and detailed they are!). Lace had to be trimmed and lace details had to be carefully removed and added back. Lining was misaligned so lining had to be taken out on the sides and lace had to be cut to accommodate the realignment. Because the dress was at least one size larger than me, the entire dress had to be scaled down which is not an easy feat when it's an all lace dress. The back dress panel went beyond my shoulders. I wanted a belt added on because I have a long torso. Usually adding a belt is not a big deal but because of the large keyhole back and my long torso, they brilliantly added white hooks (similar to bra hooks) to the belt and dress.

I highly recommend anyone (bride to be or not) that are in need to alterations to see Yosr and Wendy. They can handle any issues with skill and kindness.

Sent on 02/24/2019
    Door To Door Cleaners & Tailors 17
    Door To Door Cleaners & Tailors 18
    Door To Door Cleaners & Tailors 19

Gwen · Married on 09/15/2018

Yosr and Wendy are incredible!!! I came in with my wedding dress needing a difficult alteration and they both teamed up to make it happen before my big day!!! I just picked up my dress and Wendy’s work is incredible, she made my dress absolutely perfect! And Yosr made me feel confident and taken care of through the entire process!! THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH!!!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Lynne · Married on 08/26/2018

I couldn’t recommend Door to Door Cleaners highly enough!!! When searching for a seamstress in LA to alter my delicate lace wedding dress, I chose Yosr at Door to Door based on all the glowing reviews, affordability and her personal touch! I’d emailed various seamstresses and she was the only one who called me straight away and was so sweet - she expressed how much she genuinely cares about her brides and their happiness and I really felt that from her. She & Anesha were so wonderful and caring from the beginning - they make 100% sure you are 100% happy! - and they worked wonders with my dress! It is PERFECT! I couldn’t be happier and I am beyond thankful for their *magic* and genuine kindness. Thank you Door to Door Cleaners!!! You’ve helped make my dreams come true! If you are looking for a seamstress in LA to alter your wedding dress... look no further!! :)

Sent on 06/24/2018

Amelia · Married on 07/28/2018

Great tailoring job!!! Thank you Yosf and An’nesha!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Heather · Married on 05/19/2018

Yosr did an amazing job of restoring my late mother's wedding gown! It was worn in 1981 and had been stored in a hot attic for many years. Yosr transformed what was quite honestly a mess into the beautiful gown I'm wearing to my wedding. She was always professional in our communications and in her work. Wedding gowns are not something you want to take to just any dry cleaner. I highly recommend Yosr for this important job!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Karla · Married on 04/14/2018

Yasr with Door to Door Cleaners is absolutely amazing! My dress was a floor sample and due to poor storage acquired a strong odor. It needed some refreshing before I wore it for my wedding. I took it to Yasr and she had it back to me within two weeks. After the initial cleaning the dress was perfect, fresh, and ready to go. But then, only four days before my wedding, I decided to try it on again and got make up on it! I was devastated. I called Yasr to see if she had any suggestions on how to get the make up stains out, and to my amazement, she told me to bring the dress in. Not only did she perform a second cleaning for free to get the make up stains out, but she returned the dress to me the very next day. I was completely blown away by her kindness and efficiency. She saved my dress twice, and was an absolute pleasure. I highly recommend her and Door to Door Cleaners in Santa Monica.

Sent on 04/22/2018

Nicholas · Married on 02/24/2018

We used Door-to-Door / Yosr to clean and preserve my wife’s wedding dress and couldn’t be more pleased. Yosr and her team did a superb job. We knew from the start that we were in good hands. Yosr met with my wife in person to examine the dress and explain the process to her. Impressively, she had just come from a class in Beverly Hills where she had been augmenting her already-thorough knowledge of how to care for couture and heirloom fabrics. The price was reasonable for the services rendered and worth every penny to know that the dress was going to be preserved by the best of the best. Given that the delicate nature of the dress (Alencon lace with a six foot train and a bolero made in very delicate tulle and lace), she was the only one we considered entrusting the dress to. Yosr and her team did a wonderful job of caring for the dress, and for my wife, whom they kept in the loop and updated and reassured her about the safety of the dress. They did an excellent job preserving it (it is beautifully displayed in a sealed box with a tasteful viewing window). They even artfully mended a huge year in the delicate handmade cathedral length veil. We really couldn’t be more delighted and are so happy to know this dress will be preserved for many generations.

Sent on 08/14/2018

Cayce · Married on 10/31/2017

My Mamaw's 50th wedding anniversary was coming up and we had her gown preserved. For her special dinner my family and I were planning, she requested that we find a place where they could alter her old gown to fit her now. To be honest, me and my family were kind of skeptical but when we found this establishment; we were not disappointed. They got my Mamaw in and the dress altered in time for the dinner.

Great service, Lovable People, and They Made Fantastic Memories!

Sent on 06/27/2015

Shawna · Married on 10/29/2016

I had no idea that there was a normally a long lead time needed for wedding dress cleaning, I'm so glad that I found Yosr at Door to Door Valet Cleaners! She was able to rush through my wedding dress press and cleaning in less then a week (magic!). I wore my Mom's wedding dress from 1970 and Yosr was able to get out some rust spots from where safety pins were accidentally left on the dress for over 40 years and it looked brand new, so pretty. The friendly and courteous staff at Door to Door facilitated the cleaning of my dress like true professionals. Yosr was accessible by phone, prompt in her communications, and so nice and understanding about my wedding dress needs. Definitely work with Yosr Ben Larbi at Door to Door Cleaners for your wedding dress cleaning/pressing needs!

Sent on 11/23/2016

Meg · Married on 09/17/2016

They did an amazing job cleaning my dress! It was filthy from getting married on a ranch but looks brand new!

Sent on 11/27/2016

I initially contacted Door to Door cleaners in West Hollywood for the cleaning and preservation of my wedding dress (we had a wedding in each of our two home countries, more than 6 months apart. So after our 1st wedding in LA). I had found them online after a research for the best cleaning-preservation companies in the area but also with affordable prices. My dress was notably quite dirty at the bottom and missing some beads. Once cleaned, my dress was like brand new, pure ivory, and they did an awesome job replacing the missing beads with the ones I provided. I discovered during the process that I was pregnant and therefore wasn’t sure that I would be able to wear my dress again. I talked to Yosr, who was my main contact, and she was understanding, amazing and so helpful !! She talked to her boss and they managed to find a solution to alter my dress so I could wear it again !! I was so relieved and happy! I met Virginia, their wonderful seamstress in the Beverly Hills location, and she found a way to extend the dress. I therefore came back just 2 weeks before my wedding abroad, so it could fit me at the best with my stomach growing and she did a fabulous job !! It was absolutely perfect, keeping the style of the dress and just opening at the right places ! Price for alteration was completely correct too. I couldn’t have been happier. They also help me by giving me the dress back on an hanger and well protected so I could travel with it in the plane (in cabin). It arrived perfectly after the travel and I therefore didn’t had to do any steaming, it was ready to wear!! Now back in LA, I gave back my dress for cleaning and final preservation. Since I had already started the preservation process the 1st time, Yosr got me a great discount, which was so appreciated and kind. Everyone at Door to Door Cleaners have been so nice, efficient and amazing during the whole process, I couldn’t recommend them more for the cleaning and preservation of your wedding dress !!

Sent on 10/27/2016
  • Y

YEZMIN · Married on 04/03/2016

VERY PROFESSIONAL AND KNOWLEDGEABLE
    I highly recommend this place. They are professional and very knowledgeable. I was looking for a professional advice about the condition of my wedding dress and they were able to give me a honest and accurate diagnostic. Sajid took the time to look to my dress and very patiently explained me what was wrong with it. This will be my place to go for delicate gowns. They have a lot experience!!! Recommended!!!
    Brides and brides to be, this is the place you could trust your gown.

Sent on 07/17/2016

Carmela · Married on 03/29/2016

We were in town for my sisters beach wedding in Manhattan Beach, we needed to have all the wedding party clothes pressed including the wedding gown. Found these guys on good ole yelp and they came thru. The manager went above & beyond to make sure everything went smooth and was constantly in touch with me by text. The dresses & all the clothing came out perfect . The clothing was delivered to our hotel hours before it was due. Thank You Sajid & crew for making it easy for us.

Sent on 03/25/2016

Better than I expected. After finding my Wedding dress at Glamour Closet, I took their recommendation and sought out Door to Door to Work on my alterations. I can't tell you if Door to Door is the most reasonable (I stopped my search after visiting them I felt so comfortable), but I can tell you they are Worth every penny. I had 5 fittings over the course of 4 months and am therefore grateful for the expertise. The folks at Door to Door are super precise and careful With the Whole process guaranteeing you are happy With the alterations each step of the Way.

My dress needed a last minute fix due to my changing mind and they Were so gracious to Work With me until the dress fit exactly as I Wanted. I felt amazing on my Wedding day because Virginia and her team made my dress to fit my body and personality.

HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 04/24/2017

This cleaners is awesome.
    I found them online when I had to have my wedding dress cleaned. It rained the day of my wedding and so the entire 6-10" of my train was brown with mud and water stains.
    I was originally promised 8 weeks for the cleaning and it actually took closer to 12 weeks because they were back logged and couldn't finish the dress in time as promised. This was communicated to me in the beginning as the dress was in really bad condition and I was told they may need to clean it repeatedly to take out the ground in dirt.
    I wasn't expecting it to be perfect but I was floored when I recently picked up the gown, it looked BRAND NEW, I'm not really sure how they did it or what they did but it was pure ivory just like the rest of the gown and you cannot even tell that before it was cleaned it was a dark brown train ! Will try and put up a picture on here if I can figure it out.

Sent on 11/14/2015

Christine · Married on 08/29/2015

My sister is getting married and she's had trouble finding a dress. Big shoulders, small waist, short legs. Finally found one we loved. Sparkly enough to be pretty, but not too crazy. We went to Door to Door hoping they could help with the alterations. It was quite a job. It had to be taken in at the waist, but her shoulders are big so it couldn't be too tight there (she's ripped dresses before!). And most importantly was the hemline. Her legs are really short and she has knee problems so she can't even wear heels. But Door to Door made the dress look really nice. When we went back for her to get the dress we were worried, but it looked so good! Phew. A bit expensive, but worth it for a wedding.

Sent on 06/22/2015

Emily · Married on 08/01/2015

It is hard to put into words how thrilled I am with the service here. I took my wedding dress in for preservation after it had been sitting at the bottom of a dress bag for over a year, and a few weeks later was presented with my beautiful dress, preserved in a box that can only be described as fit for a princess. It truly feels like something out of Cinderella. Thank you so much for your beautiful work!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Claire · Married on 06/09/2015

Took extra care on my alterations and had me in 5 times to make sure it was perfect. My gown was a sample sale purchase and I saved about $3000 on the price of the gown, door to door cleaned and altered my gown to fit me perfectly for $980, not only did the gown fit me as though it was made for me but I saved $2100 buying a sample and getting it cleaned & altered. I highly recommend them, give yourself plenty of time , took me about 5 fittings over 2 months to get it right.

Sent on 06/24/2015

Duncan · Married on 05/30/2015

My wife and I flew to LA for our daughter's wedding. We were bringing my wife's mother's wedding gown for her to wear on the special day. We left in a hurry (my fault) and didn't have time to check it out. When we arrived and unpacked the gown we were devastated at the condition it was in. Some friends told us to take it to Door to Door so we rushed over without even calling. The manager came out and inspected the gown and said they could get it looking new again. I explained our situation and he said it would be ready the next day, We arrived late in the day and inspected the gown. Neither of us could believe how great it looked and my wife was in tears as we left the store. Great service and very accommodating! These people can work miracles!

Sent on 06/15/2015
  • User5205857 · 2+ years ago

I recently married the man of my dreams and had a fairytale wedding. My wedding dress was a special part of my wedding because it belonged to my mom. Unfortunately my wedding dress took a big hit during the wedding because people we stepping on the back, snagging the dress with their jewelry and a lot of the beads started coming off. When I looked at my dress after the wedding I was devastated. I needed to find someone who would be able to restore my dress back to the original state. My friends recommended I take my dress to Door to Door Valet and I must say that was the best choice. Their Wedding Specialists were able to restore and fix my wedding dress. They were meticulous and fixed every snag, missing bead and tear. They cleaned the dress and even fixed the back of the dress which took a beating. My dress is special to me and having it restored to its original state meant a lot. Thanks for preserving a special part of my wedding day.

Sent on 06/25/2015

LeAnn · Married on 05/03/2015

Door to Door Valet is great. I bought a designer sample sale dress that needed cleaning and a lot of alterations.
    Dulce and her team were so great to work with- so accommodating, friendly and professional. My dress had an outer layer train, and the gals at Door to door worked magic so I was able to actually take the outer layer off during my reception. I don't know how they did it but it worked. Their work is incredible; I'd recommend them to anyone! The dress looked brand new after they were done and didn't look like a sample gown

Sent on 04/12/2015

Shelly · Married on 05/02/2015

Was in town for a wedding and needed a minor repair on my bridesmaid gown and my sister needed her wedding dress pressed and steamed at the last minute. They really came through for us in a pinch! Great customer service and they really saved the day. Highly recommend them. Great work, great price and outstanding customer service. Thank you again for helping an out-of-towner out!

Sent on 06/22/2015