Dee Weddings Reviews

26 | New York, NY

26 Reviews for Dee Weddings

Akshay A · Married on 10/21/2017

Deepti is fantastic, professional and very easy to work with. Her contacts in the industry are excellent! I recommend her to anyone who is looking to ease the burden of wedding planning!

Sent on 03/19/2018

Meghan · Married on 09/23/2017

Deepti was a life saver. Without her, our wedding would've never gone as seamlessly as it did. She kept all of the various vendors organized and made sure everything went as planned. She was in constant communication with us for months leading up to the wedding. Our wedding was very DIY since we just rented a raw space, so Deepti's job wasn't easy but she went above and beyond to make our vision come to life.

Sent on 09/27/2017

Keisha · Married on 09/16/2017

Dee was absolutely fantastic! She is meticulous and so warm and easy to talk to! She stepped in, 3 months to the date, after we had an awful planner, and turned everything around in no time. We built our location from scratch and there were a gazillion vendors as well as friends helping out. Dee navigated everyone effortlessly and made sure things went smoothly on the day. We are so happy and grateful to have found her, if you are considering Dee, I would say look no further! She was a godsend!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Mandy · Married on 03/10/2017

Dee is an amazing wedding planner. Both my husband and I are consultants so we have high standards when it comes to organizing/planning. And I knew Dee definitely possesses the quality I looked for the minute I talked to her on the phone for the first time. She is very kind and responsive. She uses Google Doc (which is the best invention btw when it comes to wedding planning) and is very proactive with reaching out to vendors and making decision on my behalf where necessary. Highly recommended!

Mandy & Calvin

Sent on 03/13/2017

Dee Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for the review Mandy! I am missing you already! We connected in August and time has flown so fast! it's been a total pleasure working with you, and interacting with your guests on the day-of, especially the wedding party! They were a delight!! Looking forward to staying in touch with you! It'll remind me of HK! ;)

Pooja · Married on 10/15/2016

Positivity, professionalism, honesty and diligence: the four qualities I looked for when interviewing wedding planners in June. Deepti is extraordinary and surpasses all expectations. We cannot recommend her highly enough!

We are a same-sex couple who had a Hindu Indian wedding weekend. Deepti helped us plan everything for our wedding and reception at 501 Union in Brooklyn. We had so many specialized vendors (henna artist, dhol player, mandap builder) as well as the typical vendors (caterer, decorator, DJ, rental company). Deepti is highly organized with a google spreadsheet accessible to all that made the details clear. And she stayed on top of us to read it, update it and to give feedback on our decision making process.

One of Deepti's best qualities is her grace under pressure. She speaks warmly and professionally—even when the brides are stressed and when there were unexpected vendor challenges. When the wedding planning felt overwhelming, Deepti was there to lend clarity and calmness.

Our wedding was seamless. From the baraat, to our wedding entrance, to the cocktail hour and reception. Everything ran on time because of Deepti's diligence and professionalism. We were more confident because of her honesty. We knew we could pull off this entire weekend in just 6 months because of Deepti’s extraordinary wedding planning skills.

Thank you, Deepti, for everything. We are so lucky we found you!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Evelyn · Married on 09/04/2016

From our first call, I knew that hiring Deepti would be one of the best decisions I've ever made. I can't tell you how wonderful it was to know her from the start, that Deepti had my best interests in mind. She is also very kind, pleasant, and so easy to work with.. Deepti’s lovely manner, calm demeanor, and professionalism were the perfect combination that ensured that everything went perfectly smoothly on the most important day of my life. As the wedding came closer, she provides you and each of your vendors a precise timeline from getting ready to the end of the reception. Talk about being on top of your game! She communicated regularly with me and kept me updated on the progress of our wedding.
    On our wedding day, she kept everything moving on schedule. I was able to relax and completely enjoy all of the pampering with my hair and make-up sessions because Deepti kept everyone on schedule. I was absolutely blown away by just how much coordination and preparation Deepti had done. I couldn't believe how beautiful everything looked and every detail of the wedding went off without a hitch because of Deepti! We are forever grateful for the work, commitment, passion and enthusiasm that she demonstrated for our wedding. ! I would DEFINITELY highly recommend Deepti to each and every bride to be!!! It was the best gift we gave ourselves!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Amaira · Married on 08/27/2016

Deepti is a spunky dream! My husband and I love her! I reached out to Deepti about 5 weeks before my wedding-I was done planning, but wanted someone who would clean up the details for me and put a pretty bow on all of my plans. I primarily wanted someone who would help me fix the flow and manage my vendors and my outrageous (but loving) family. Deepti was with me from jump-from our first conversation, she put me right at ease. I remember literally sighing a huge sigh of relief while on the phone with her. She's smart; funny, organized, and doesn't miss a beat. Deepti will adapt to whatever you throw at her. More importantly, this was a sudden expense for me but she was willing to work with my budget and thank GOD! Our guests tell us all the time that our wedding was the best one they'd ever been to-I'm wholly convinced that this is entirely because of Deepti. If she's available, GET HER. You won't regret it.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Naomi · Married on 07/16/2016

Dee is incredibly professional and easy and fun to work with. I would 100% recommend her to any bride or groom. She clearly loves what she does and is very invested in being there for everything you need.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Alice · Married on 05/29/2016

Of all the things that my husband and I spent money on for our wedding, the best money we spent by far was hiring Dee! Being relatively new to NYC, neither my husband nor I had much in the way of family or close friends nearby to help us with the logistics and planning of our wedding, so Dee's assistance was pretty essential. She took care of SO MANY of the details that I know would have completely overwhelmed me otherwise: getting multiple quotes from vendors; brainstorming solutions and ideas for turning an empty space into a beautiful reception site; dealing with our reception venue's ridiculous insurance requirements; and coordinating the set-up and break-down of everything on the big day. She even stepped up to fill in as the MC at the reception when needed.

Overall, Dee was wonderful to work with and I could not recommend her enough! I found her reliable, thorough, easy to communicate with, and in possession of both a great sense of aesthetic and amazing people handling abilities. So, if you're looking for a great wedding planner, I'd suggest that you do yourself a big favor and hire Dee!

Sent on 08/22/2016
  • Meredith

Meredith · Married on 05/14/2016

I'm not the typical bride who wanted the typical "fairy tale" wedding. However, I do consider Deepti to be a fairy godmother since she not only saved our wedding, but made it even better. We rented a raw loft space, and originally worked with another planner - who basically failed to plan anything. Luckily, we found Deepti with only two months to go, and she immediately took control. She suggested a ton of great ideas to help us shape the vision; created Google docs to help us keep on track with tasks and budget; and kept in constant communication with us. It was a night and day experience from our previous planner, who didn't do any of those things. All of the previous stress we experienced melted away as Deepti proactively took over, and she didn't disappoint. Our wedding was amazing - from the decor, to the food, to the music. She juggled a million moving parts and overall it went off without a hitch - and it exceeded our expectations. Our guests also told us how much they loved everything and that Deepti did an amazing job. Seriously, I can't recommend her enough. My one regret? That we didn't find Deepti from the beginning!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Raj · Married on 05/14/2016

Dee Weddings (Deepti) went above and beyond the call of duty for our wedding day!
    A little background: We selected a raw loft space for our wedding and that required a solid wedding planner who would coordinate multiple vendors and make this wedding happen on point. We had selected a different wedding planner who failed to act on our behalf and failed to work with us. Disappointed and frustrated, we were ready to cancel everything when we contacted Deepti. Deepti was able to rescue this wedding and she helped with our vision. She negotiated contracts, and coordinated with the vendors and us. She took charge of this wedding. More importantly, she helped to make this more fun. She was creative and suggested some ways of customizing things in terms of decor used in our celebration while still staying within our tight budget. She would have regular calls and used Whatsapp with us to brief us on progress with vendors and she kept us in the loop with vendors. She used collaboration tools such as Google Sheets and kept us on track and on target. I cannot thank her enough and highly recommend Dee Wedding services to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 05/16/2016

LISA · Married on 05/13/2016

I had been planning my wedding with the help of my daughter for months. As the date drew dangerously near - 3 weeks to go, I realized that I couldn't be in all places at the same time and admitted that help was needed (I won't speak of the chest pains). After looking through Deepti's website, I got a good feeling about her. I loved that she was from a different culture than my own and felt that she would be open to something other than a typical, run of the mill wedding, ours was a party (even though I know that she was equipped for the traditional if I wanted). I contacted her asking if she could be my day-of coordinator. Deepti asked for an immediate meeting where she learned, without insulting me at all, that she was better off communicating with my daughter (ha ha). She became more than my day-of. I can't begin to convey how necessary she was to my wedding. I began to really breathe easier as soon as she came on board. Fulfilling her promise to me, she really helped make my day as seamless as possible. And incidentally, my husband agrees with giving Deepti big thumbs up! Thanks, Dee.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Sandy · Married on 04/10/2016

I wasn't initially planning on hiring a coordinator to any capacity. A few weeks prior to my wedding I realized that it was going to be a huge headache to have to coordinate all these odds and ends on the day-of and wrangle my loud and large family.

It wasn't long before I found and subsequently loved Dee! She took the time to listen and understand what I was looking for the day-of before she offered me a quote. It really felt like she cared that my wedding was set up properly and went off without a hitch!

In my experience, Dee was pleasant, professional, prompt with her responses, extremely organized, and absolutely lovely to work with!

There is absolutely nothing I can say that would be anything less than positive and I strongly recommend her!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Carlina · Married on 10/10/2015

Deepti was an amazing find! She was very supportive throughout the day arriving on-site before most vendors and staying until the party closed down. She was in contact with all parties involved consistently and appropriately and gave me very little to worry or think about on our big day. Sincere, friendly, remarkably efficient and professional, she was a fabulous guest. I highly recommend her for your planning needs.

Sent on 11/18/2015

Deepti was great to work with, in the initial planning she really advised us on the areas to focus on and guided us through the vendor selection process. On the day of we really wouldn't have been able to manage the last minute hiccups and she ensured it was all taken care of even before we got to the venue. Our family & friends said that it was the most fun wedding they had been to and that's the best response we could've ever gotten!

Sent on 08/10/2015

Tony · event on 07/01/2015

Absolutely a fantastic experience all the way around! Deepti is a pleasure to work with, and even thought of things that needed to be taken care of that I did not. For instance, she asked the venue to extend happy hour past normal hours to accommodate the length of my event. The level of organization was far above and beyond any other local organizer that I've used to plan an event - and I've done 20 this year so far. She's the best - hands down.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Tony · event on 07/01/2015

Amazing happy hour planning - found the perfect venue and went above and beyond to make sure the event went very well. I can highly, highly recommend Deepti!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Deepti is a pleasure to work with and a pleasure to be around!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Nelia · Married on 01/24/2013

Very professional with a personal touch in all aspects as if it was her own wedding!

Sent on 04/16/2015

Sumaiya · Married on 12/28/2012

From the moment I first spoke to Deepti, I knew that my wedding events were in capable hands. I was pretty stressed having to organize a wedding in Dubai while I was in Bahrain, but having Deepti working with me via emails and Skype, I knew everything was under control. She was passionate, knowledgeable and very prompt with her responses. Our wedding was amazing – the beautiful and detailed décor, food and music – exactly how I imagined it to be! Deepti – thank you so much for making our wedding extra special!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Deepti is the best. She is calm patient understands the need and always available 24-7

Sent on 02/18/2016

Cody · Married on 12/26/2015

She was enthusiastic, positive, and always in search for a solution. Our only problem was the coordination over the distance. Otherwise, loved her style and suggestions.

Sent on 02/23/2016

Deepti was professional and had a calm disposition throughout the wedding planning process and the actual event. She also helped with logistics leading up to the wedding. She has a positive attitude towards things and a cheerful personality that is helpful in stressful situations. Deepti always answered calls and texts promptly. On the wedding day she was on top of everything and coordinated with all the vendors effectively. We were at ease knowing that she was on it which allowed us to enjoy the night!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Tanvi · Married on 12/26/2015

Deepti was great to work with, always had a positive attitude and was always looking for innovative solutions to problems, never giving up. She spent time to understand exactly what we wanted. Her attitude showed that she wanted to negotiate and always find a solution. The difficulty with this wedding was her distance from this event. The event was in Mumbai and she was in New York. Her local team in India felt like it was not quite big enough to handle this scale of a wedding. That said, she flew in and spent a decent amount of time and was very hands on. However, sometimes it felt like her team was more of a decorator than an at large planner and certain things like invite design and printing took longer than they should have - that was a result of coordination being difficult over the long distance. But overall, her positive outlook and enthusiasm were great to work with!

Sent on 02/21/2016

Clive · Married on 07/12/2015

Deepti was/is great to work with, she lets you evolve your own ideas, and then brings it all together, could not have been happier.

Sent on 02/19/2016