Compton Catering & Clambakes Reviews

11 | Little Compton, RI

11 Reviews for Compton Catering & Clambakes

Alexandra · Married on 07/16/2016

Compton Clambakes catered our wedding last summer and we could not have been MORE THRILLED by our experience working with Sara and Candy. They were a cool, calm, collected, organized, level-headed, helpful and reassuring team who brilliantly executed an unforgettable and beautiful lobster bake for us. The food was a true delight, and honestly, so was their professionalism and support. You can't go wrong working with these guys! Highest accolades from a happy couple.

Sent on 01/31/2017

tanya · Married on 07/09/2016

Loved, loved loved working with sara and staff. We had our dinner rehersal/welcome party at sweet berry farm and Compton Clambakes catered for us. Not only did they cater the food they also handled the bar and did everything and anything i needed , they even wanted to help setup my decorations! The staff was unbelievable so friendly nice and professional if i ever need a cater in that area again i would not think twice about calling them
    they are awesome

Sent on 07/21/2016

Jamie · Married on 07/09/2016

Sara and her team were unbelievable!! They were warm, hugely accommodating, and flexible from the very beginning. Sara also walked us through everything we would need from an outside rental service and gave us recommendations in providing our own alcohol. She is so experienced and knowledgeable, and we felt so grateful to have her to rely on for all the small questions and details!!! We had a clambake for our wedding and the lobster was the BEST lobster I have ever had in my life!! We got rave reviews from our guests and could not be happier!

Sent on 02/04/2017

Sarah · Married on 06/28/2014

Sara Olivera is beyond amazing. Her and her husband not only put on exquisite events they also cook some of the best food our guests have ever eaten. Sara was not only our caterer but our wedding planner as well. She would answer 100 emails a day if I had questions, she helped me create the wedding of my dreams. We went to every clambake company in Rhode Island, and if you are into a corporate money guzzling clambake company this may not be the place for you. We gave her our budget and Sara went above and beyond to give us the day of our dreams. They are a family owned company and it shows, they make you feel like family and treat you as their number one client from start to finish. I can't say enough about Compton Clambakes, everything was an absolute home run with them. From planning and decorating, to food and drinks- our guests are still raving about our day. Skip every other place this is the only clambake caterer I would ever recommend.

Sent on 08/04/2014

Maria · Married on 09/07/2013

Sara and her crew are awesome. Hard workers, easy to adapt to last minute add ons and changes, great sense of humor etc etc. And the food. Amazing! We did several rounds of appetizers which were incredible...highlights including the clam chowder with fritters, bacon wrapped scallops... and the oysters were delightful! She has what seem to be the best sources for fresh local foods so everything tasted amazing. We did a "summer grill" style meal. They set up two big grills with amazing skewers of swordfish, steak, sausage, vegetables etc, and we did family style sides on all the tables. It was perfect! Informal enough for a casual wedding but still so delicious!
    We were delighted to have Compton Clambakes do our wedding, and we also had them do the brunch the next day which was also on point! Looking forward to more food from them in the future...we'll just have to crash some weddings.

Sent on 10/13/2013

Kathy · Married on 08/10/2013

Sara and her entire crew at Compton Clambake were completely focused on making every aspect of our wedding as successful as possible. Planning and coordination with Sara could not have been easier and she thought of many details we had not. They were so efficient in their own setup, the staff was available to help with other preparation on that day. The service staff was mature, professional and totally attentive throughout the day. And the food ... all courses were on time, served hot and DELICIOUS! Our guests insisted on having Compton's staff come out after dinner for a round of applause. We're already planning a party so we can work with Compton Clambake again. Thank you!

Sent on 08/13/2013

Compton Clambakes catered a beautiful rehearsal dinner for my son and his fiance, on a beautiful evening outside looking down Narragansett Bay. We worked together on menu and decorations. Sara Livingston Oliveira was helpful and efficient, always clarifying expectations and decisions. She even found bride/broom aprons and hats which made for quite a humorous moment! The food was delicious and served hot to over 50 guests. And the staff was pleasant and seemed to love their jobs! I would recommend Compton Clambakes to anyone.

Sent on 02/17/2013

I used them for a rehersal dinner. Sara and the crew made the complicated simple...food was delicious...authentic presentation...wonderful attention to detail... The bride and groom said they wished they had Compton Clambakes do the wedding. What more can I say.
    Beth

Sent on 02/17/2013

We loved working with Sara and Compton Clambakes. They're a family owned business, and we experienced nothing but warmth throughout the planning process (Sara also gives the best bear hugs!). I knew we would get along from her very first email. Sara really cares about her clients, and she makes you feel that. Her staff is also very warm, kind, and sweet. Our guests loved Jason's clambake presentation before the food was served. He was so entertaining and really had our guests' attention. The clambake meal itself was amazing, and I wish I got to eat more of our food. The clams and lobsters were very tasty (and doesn't splash as much as steamed lobsters, for those concerned with their formal wear). We also loved Kathy's cakes (her baker), and ended up doing a cake buffet set up with her cakes instead of getting a different vendor. The only reason I docked off one star for responsiveness was because there were circumstances when she didn't respond to emails quickly, but I would definitely hire them all over again. We absolutely loved the warm and familial treatment from this crew!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Like other reviewers wrote, Sarah was laid-back but professional. Unlike other vendors we worked with, she was willing to leave plans flexible and to work with us only a week or so before the date. Some brides/grooms might not like that but for us it was just perfect.

The staff there on the day to handle clearing and serving were friendly and efficient. The one area of improvement would be the bar-tending staff. The bartenders provided did seem to skimp a little on the quality of the drinks (e.g. not putting orange peels into the old fashioned) and didn't seem to be super helpful to guests trying to decide what to order. Maybe more training or preparation is needed for those staff.

Sent on 10/05/2015

Mandy · Married on 09/13/2008

3.0

They were very easy to work with, laid back, but totally professional. Most of all, the food was great, I kept hearing raves from my guests all night and after the wedding. Pricing was very reasonable and quality was great, all local food, very fresh. Service was great, too! They do a great job at a better price than the others I looked into.

Sent on 10/08/2008