McGrath Clambakes & Catering

Newport, RI View map Visit website
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

McGrath Clambakes & Catering is a full-service caterer located in Rhode Island with over 50 years of industry experience. They have worked with many couples over the years, using their culinary expertise and event planning skills to give them the wedding of their dreams.

Along with their high quality catering, McGrath Clambakes & Catering also offers many event planning services to make your wedding day run smoothly. These services include:

• Event coordinators
  • Decor
  • Tents, tables, and chairs can be included in package
  • Variety of setting options
  • Lighting and florist recommendations
  • Suggested wedding venues
  • Variety of customized wedding packages

Cuisine
With over 50 years of industry experience, McGrath Clambakes has worked with many couples, using their culinary expertise and event planning skills to give them the wedding of their dreams. We're one of the few caterers that specialize in authentic old-fashioned clambakes, but also a variety of traditional catering menus. We have many menus to choose from under each category, and all are available to customize as well.

Clean Up
Cake Cutting
Dessert
Cocktail Reception
Server(s)
China
Linens
Flatware

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
Open Bar
House Beer
House Wine
House Liquor

What event services do you provide?

Delivery
Set Up
Clean Up

What catering services do you provide?

Breakfast / Brunch
Outside Cake
Plated
Server(s)
Stations

What types of cuisine do you cater?

American
Sandwiches
Seafood
Southern
Southwestern

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free
Lactose Free
No Pork
Kosher
Nut Free
Organic
Vegan
Vegetarian

What bar services do you provide?

Liquor License
House Liquor
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Outside Alcohol

Which of the following items can you provide?

Chairs
Tables

Which of the following items can you provide?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

Katherine Married on 09/11/2021

Lifesavers!

When our caterer had to cancel 10 days before our wedding, Alexis from McGrath Clambakes was our lifesaver. Not only was she super quick to get back to me when I was making panicked phone calls, she was so kind and understood my stress. McGraths was able to cater our 200 guest wedding within a weeks notice, and the food was really the star of the whole day. Chef TR & team and Alexis were able to pull off the most amazing beach clambake and our guests are still talking about how amazing the food was 3 months later. We couldn’t be more grateful!
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin C. Married on 09/04/2021

Amazing authentic experience

I hired the team at McGraths to cater our wedding after my brother had a great experience with them a few years earlier. Their reputation is so great I did not even bother to look elsewhere. We did a traditional clambake, raw bar, passed apps, and passed chocolate chip cookies and milk shooters. All the food was amazing in taste and presentation! McGraths facilitated a stress free COVID reschedule with no added fees and also managed all the chair, table etc. rentals so we didn't have to separately coordinate that. We had a super helpful meeting with Alexis (one of their senior event coordinators) on site at our venue a few weeks in advance to run through final menu choices, logistics etc. During that meeting I felt like she had crucial suggestions outside catering based on her experience with the venue such as bringing in bistro lighting. The day of the wedding the McGraths team was so kind and accommodating to our guests including bringing full buffet plates and cracking lobsters for elderly and handicapped guests, patching up a bloody dance floor injury and keeping our dog hydrated and treated. They even packaged up leftover lobsters etc. and sent them home with our families after the party so nothing would be wasted. I can't say enough good things about Alexis and the McGraths team. I would recommend them to anyone.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Eventfully Planned Eventfully Planned Wedding Planners

I am a local Rhode Island Wedding planner. I have worked with McGrath's catering a handful of times in the past 7 years. Every time was a very nice experience. The guests were happy, they worked as a team with all the other vendors and the events rean seamlessly. This coming season I have many events on the books with them...so our role in working together in the planning process has been more involved. The customer service, and planning process has been very pleasant and I have to say I really enjoy working with this caterer. The prices are good and competitive and they are willing to create a custom menu if you are looking for something else. The bake in the ground clambakes are just so special and fun for your wedding guests.

Aubrey Greene Photography Aubrey Greene Photography Wedding Photographers

I can't say enough good things about McGrath's. Their attention to detail is unsurpassed and their staff is as friendly as can be. After the event, my clients are always raving about their experience. I look forward to every wedding I do with them.

Simply Events By Alana Simply Events By Alana Wedding Planners

very professional and food was amazing.

64 Halsey Street Newport, RI, 02840

Monday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Thursday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location of (McGrath Clambakes & Catering)

Other vendors in Providence for your wedding