Colorful Palate Reviews

57 | Arden, NC

57 Reviews for Colorful Palate

57 Colorful Palate Reviews

Laura · Married on 05/05/2018

Ragan, Tara, and their entire team are fantastic -- they catered our wedding at the NC Arboretum in May, and I could not recommend them more! When our original caterer suddenly bailed on us four months before the wedding, and just a few days before our tasting (which we had scheduled weeks in advance since we live in another state), Colorful Palate stepped in and saved the day. I called them in a panic, and not only were they so calm and helpful, but they put together a private tasting for us with only a couple days' notice. Once we tasted their food, we were sold! Everything we tried was so delicious, the hardest part was narrowing down the menu. Our guests loved the food, too.

Aside from the food itself, they worked with us to get the exact menu we wanted within our price range, answered all of my questions promptly, and kept detailed spreadsheets of everything. I'm so happy they ended up catering for us -- I only wish we had booked them from the start!

Amanda · Married on 04/08/2018

Coulorful palate was amazing to work with! We had a breakfast themed wedding and our guest are still talking about how good the food was! It came out warm and delicious. There staff went above and beyond for us! Highly recommended them!

Christy · Married on 06/23/2017

There is not a single guest that went to my wedding that did not talk about how good the food was. It was AMAZING. From the cocktail hour to the reception, there was just plain raving going on. Most people do not like wedding food...well....our wedding was a totally different experience for our guests because of Colorful Palate and their staff. The name says it all. Magical things happen when you taste their food. THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR WEDDING UNFORGETTABLE!

Rachael · Married on 05/13/2017

Good food, good service, good people! Easy to work with from start to finish.

Jaime · Married on 12/17/2016

AMAZING! Really can't dote on them enough. Raegan and Tara are amazing cooks and also pretty awesome people! They are super creative and did exactly what we wanted. Hubs and I are huge food people; when it came to our wedding, the food was a huge priority and they nailed it. Everything they fixed us was local and seasonal and I felt like they really embodied the town of Asheville with their catering services. For instance, an insanely good caesar salad with dressing made from locally caught and smoked trout instead of anchovies. They made small changes to things we tried based on what I suggested and were so helpful with everything that I didn't even realize caterers were involved with (booze, plate rentals, etc). I just wish I took the time to eat more of their deliciousness on the big day!

• Tara

Tara · Married on 11/12/2016

Colorful palate was professional and prompt from the day I first contacted them for my intimate wedding. The food was amazing. The displays were beautiful and coordinated perfect with my decor. The staff was so kind and helpful. She even stayed longer than needed to help serve the cake. I could not be more pleased with the ladies at colorful palate--from the service to the great southern cuisine

Colorful Palate was absolute perfection for our day! They created the perfect high-end barbecue spread for us that felt equal parts elegant buffet and also down-home potluck. Their staff is fabulous, their cooking is top-notch, & their value for money was more than I could have ever imagined for a reception caterer. My parents couldn't help but tip them a little extra at the end of the night!!!

Katie · Married on 08/06/2016

Delicious, beautiful, and perfect. I can't rave enough about how awesome Colorful Palate is. We got married August 6, and we are still hearing wonderful comments about the food. My fiancé and I knew we wanted a macaroni and cheese bar, and oh my did they deliver. We had four types of mac and cheese (the spicy pimento might be the best thing I've ever had), several kinds of corn bread, delicious salad (some with cornbread croutons, which have forever changed my life), and the list goes on. They made amazing appetizers for happy hour too. We had vegetarians (my husband and I and a number of other guests) and rabid meat eaters, and everyone was happy.

Tara, Ragan, and Lacey were also so friendly, organized, and professional. It was so easy to work with them. I cannot recommend them enough. We also had a couple of vegan guests, and they made a small batch of vegan mac and cheese for them!

The best thing may have been the awesome and huge to go boxes they made for my husband and I. We had mac and cheese the morning after our wedding, and it was blissful.

Allyne · Married on 05/28/2016

Going into the wedding planning process we knew three things: 1. it had to feel like "us" 2. open bar is a must 3. good food is non-negotiable. Originally I stumbled upon Colorful Palate because they were a preferred vendor of the wedding venue, which provided a list that we had to choose from. Browsing through websites, Colorful Palate's was the best and most up to date and seemed to pride themselves on local yummies. I took a chance and booked a tasting with them just crossing my fingers and toes it would work out since I put all my eggs in one basket. BOY did it work out!

The tasting experience was the most fun part of the wedding planning process. We were blown away by the quality, flavor, and local influence that Colorful Palate incorporates into their meals. We booked instantly and loved them so much that we booked them for the rehearsal dinner too. For ten months, we looked forward to eating at our wedding and sharing this with our guests because we knew the food was out of this world.

After the wedding, our guests are still raving about the food, one even saying she's craved the pimento cheese fritters every day since then! Everyone has declared that it's the best wedding food they've ever had. We know that's the truth, but it's great to hear, especially from a group that's notoriously hard to please.

Colorful Palate was really great to work with, especially considering we're an on-the-go couple that's not easy to get a hold of sometimes. I do recommend keeping up with your invoices, though, as we lost track along they way and there was a billing error. Colorful Palate caught the error after we poked a bit and were beyond gracious in how they handled it and went above and beyond to make sure we felt comfortable. It really meant a lot to us that the quality of food was just as great as the quality of service.

Everyone asks me what the best part of my wedding was- the ceremony. But if I had to pick anything else, it would be the food 100x over!

The Colorful Palate was outstanding! Tara and Lacey were very flexible in terms of communication, helped us to plan, and answered the multitude of questions we came up with. The food for our rehearsal dinner was excellent - no complaints! They delivered at ease, and were very prompt. Would highly recommend, and will totally use them again when the opportunity delivers itself. :)

This company did a phenomenal job catering our wedding. We planned a destination wedding; Tara and Lacey communicated so well through email throughout our months of planning. They are so organized and accommodating! They took their time to research and provide me with sustainable, organic, local choices. The guests raved about the food quality and menu. The staff was so professional and kind! One of the servers brought me water/appetizer prior to the reception starting and found me stressing out about bustling my wedding dress. She put her tray down and proceeded to help me figure it out! They gave us to-go boxes at the end of the night, which was the best idea ever! I can't recommend this company enough- professional, willing to go out of their way, knowledgeable, I could go on and on....

Austin · Married on 10/17/2015

Absolutely loved Colorful Palate. The team was wonderful. They were very helpful, and flexible, especially regarding our indecisiveness around the menu. Everything was prepared wonderfully, the staff were all attentive and professional. Could not have asked for a better catering experience.

Jordan · Married on 09/12/2015

They were SO patient, creative and kind. The food was AMAZING but that wasn't even the best part about their service. They thought of things I wouldn't have been able to and genuinely cared about how the wedding played out. I didn't have an event planner and the support that was provided from picking out the menu, dipping sauces, drinks, decor set-up and rental equipment was unparalleled. It is rare to get the customer service that the team offered. They helped me turn a vacation home into a vintage garden wedding reception. I couldn't be happier with this team. AWESOME!!! We had so many compliments on the food as well!!

Sent on 02/08/2016

Colorful Palate's reply:

Thank you so much Jordan! What a sweet review. It was such a beautiful wedding and we were thrilled to be a part of it!

jane · Married on 06/27/2015

Colorful Palate catering my daughters wedding for 125 people -- they also provided the bartenders and setups. We have received so many comments from our guests about how delicious the food was. We served a variety of appetizers during cocktail hour -- all very tasty and unique. We chose buffet style dinner so people could chose what they liked --- fried chicken, beef tenderloin, lettuce salad, potato salad, whipped sweet potato bar, roasted veggies plus corn bread and biscuits. The buffet was displayed so beautifully and there were little extras I didn't expect -- mason jars of pickled okra and watermelon, a variety of jams and sauces to compliment the meats. The staff and bartenders were very friendly and accommodating. At the end of the night they wrapped and refrigerated the left overs for us to take home. Thank you to Colorful Palate for an outstanding meal and service.

Linda · Married on 06/20/2015

The food was absolutely delicious, and it was beautifully presented! I received so many compliments on the menu! I would not change anything! The Colorful Palate was very helpful and responsive. They helped me to create a menu that was perfectly suited to us and our guests! I just wish we could do it again!

Regina · Married on 05/23/2015

I think the thing I looked forward to the most about our wedding in May was the food!! After we had a tasting with the Colorful Palate team, I just KNEW the food at the wedding would be amazing. I actually was wondering how they would manage to keep everything so wonderful on such a large scale, but they succeeded! Our wedding guests are still raving about the food (we even had multiple people tell us it was the best wedding food they have ever had!!). There were certain items my husband and I wanted and the Colorful Palate Team made everything work. I can't say enough about Tara, Ragan and Lacey! Thank you guys for everything!!

Julie · Married on 12/05/2014

Before hiring the colorful palate for our wedding, we didn't have the opportunity to do a tasting since we aren't from the Asheville area. I read from other reviews how amazing the food was and I will say this... They were right! The food is to die for! So many of our guests said the food was the best they have ever had at a wedding and they went back to the buffet for seconds! Lacey, Ragan, and Tara were so helpful with the menu selections and answering all of the million questions I had during the planning process. I would absolutely recommend them for any wedding or event in the Asheville area!

Sent on 12/10/2014

Colorful Palate's reply:

Thank you so much Julie! We loved working with you and your wedding was so sweet!

Stephanie · Married on 10/25/2014

We got married in western NC on the most beautiful late October weekend. I'll never forget our first meeting with Colorful Palate, and how fun it was to go taste testing! My husband and I were completely blown away by the food and how it was simple, yet creative, and each item had a personal twist. We ended up hiring Colorful Palate to cater our Rehearsal Dinner, breakfast and lunch on Saturday morning, our Wedding Dinner on Saturday night, and then Sunday morning for our guests. They were able to help us create the most unforgettable and DELICIOUS menu! Our guests are still raving over the food! It was delicious. Everything was fresh and perfect. Not to mention the tasty food, but the entire staff is absolutely a joy to work with. They are professional, kind, creative, talented, and extremely helpful with any request you may have. We are so lucky that we had the chance to work with them! Wish we had more words to describe how amazing this caterer is!

Rachel · Married on 09/13/2014

Excellent, creative, helpful, and willing to work with ever single one of your needs!

Hannah · Married on 08/18/2014

We can't say enough about the folks at Colorful Palate. They were incredibly easy to deal with -- gave us space to make our reception our own, yet offered very helpful advice on how to make it run smoothly. They communicate well and in a timely manner during the planning stages... they use local food sources so you can be ecologically responsible in your choice... our guests specifically said to us that the food service was outstanding, subtle yet always there to keep food and drink supplies fresh... and we've gotten amazing feedback about the deliciousness of the food itself. Creative and familiar, all at the same time... unpretentious, friendly, team players all around... Colorful Palate is the way to go!

Lynnlee · Married on 07/12/2014

What is not to love about Colorful Palate? Our guests raved about the food for a whole week after our wedding. My husband and I wanted our wedding to be have a very local southern feel and Colorful Palate delivered. The hardest part was deciding which items to serve. I ended up doing a plated dinner with two proteins because everything was sooo delicious. Colorful Palate was super easy to work with- they always responded to every email and question. I would recommend Colorful Palate to every couple getting married in the Asheville area! You don't get much better than this!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Colorful Palate's reply:

Thank you!!! We LOVED your menu too! Hope you are in wedded bliss forever!

Margaret · Married on 05/31/2014

Fantastic food and very knowledgeable. They are tremendously helpful with planning. They catered our rehearsal and wedding and both nights the food was perfect. The day of staff was flexible and friendly.

Sent on 06/05/2014

Colorful Palate's reply:

Thanks Margaret! You were such a pleasure to work with.
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/31/2014

It's been three months since our wedding and people are STILL raving about the food! The Colorful Palate were amazing and their attention to detail added those perfect touches to our wedding. Their wait staff were friendly and fast! The grits, bbq, and the pecan encrusted chicken were to die for! The next big event we have, we'll definitely be calling them up to cater!

Lynn · Married on 03/22/2014

Colorful Palate catered my daughter, Melody's wedding on March 22, 2014. They did a fantastic job. The food was delicious. We had so many comments from our guests of how delicious the food was and that it wasn't the typical wedding food they were used to. The staff was very approachable, professional, and pleasant. They did an awesome job with our buffet style meal and passed hor'doevers during cocktail hour that was definitely one of the highlights of my daughter's wedding reception. The staff was easy to contact and helpful with suggestions and always willing to accommodate our changes from the day we interviewed them right up to the wedding day.

I cannot say enough good things about the staff from Colorful Palate that catered our wedding. Each staff member was professional, attentive and seemed to really care about the job they were doing. The food was fabulous, and the service was even better! The bride is a chef and was highly impressed with the food and the excellent service. We will gladly recommend Colorful Palate to anyone searching for a caterer in Asheville and surrounding areas.