Asheville, Asheville, NC 28806 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 2

About Smash Events

Smash Events Catering & Event Planning is an award-winning catering and event planning company located in Asheville, North Carolina that services the Charlotte area. The team at Smash Events loves their work and are dedicated to making each couple’s wedding a memorable, cost-efficient and fun experience. Their business philosophy puts creativity, organization, affordability and fun at the center of the planning and catering process.

Ashley Teran is the owner of Smash Events, and she leads all event planning and floral design efforts for the team. She has a tremendous amount of experience with helping couples to do it all, from coordinating the wedding theme, to handcrafting custom decor. Smash Events Catering & Event Planning's services include:

• Breakfast/brunch
  • Server(s)
  • Tapas
  • Tastings

Cuisine

Nestor Teran serves as the Executive Chef of the team. He creates delectable custom menus, and guests often comment on how impressed they are with his creations. Chef Teran can accommodate for a large variety of dietary needs, including gluten-free, kosher, lactose-free, no pork, nut-free, organic, vegan and vegetarian. He also offers a large variety of cuisine styles, such as American, BBQ, French, Latin American, Southern and Southwestern.

jennifer 1

Smash Events 1
  • Meg

Meg A · Married on 10/13/2018

Wonderful experience with SMASH

Ashley and the Smash Events Team did an EPIC job for our wedding. We worked with Smash for our food and flowers which was a big help as my husband and I planned our wedding while living in Europe.

I had almost decided to go with a different vendor but decided to email Ashley on a whim. She wrote back almost immediately! When I read the quote I couldn’t believe it. The quote was very affordable and had the add in bonus of a late night FOOD TRUCK at the end of the night. When I read that, I was SOLD!

As we were living so far away we had to make a food vendor choice before trying the food. Ashley and the Smash Events Team had already catered weddings at my venue Honeysuckle Hill and had awesome reviews online. I trusted my gut and we were not disappointed.

As we continued to plan our wedding I learned that the Smash Events Team could add in flowers. I figured it was a no brainer to bundle the two together and working with less people made it one less thing for us to worry about.

We were able to meet with Ashley in person during our very short visit during the December holidays. She was WONDERFUL! We had the best time at our tasting and the food was incredible. As Ashley had worked in the venue she was a great person to bounce ideas off of for my vision.

We just had our wedding a week ago. Everything was beautiful and delicious! The flowers were gorgeous really adding a romantic touch to the venue. The food was incredible and portions were HUGE! No one went hungry. I am still dreaming about the chicken and waffle bites. We also added in a s’mores bar which was a fun touch and I believe will be a lifelong memory for all the kiddos in attendance - they were loving it and gave them an exciting activity for the end the night.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Sara · Married on 09/15/2018

This will be a long review so let me start by saying – AMAZING! YOU MUST HIRE THEM! Wedding planning can be stressful. You need people you can rely on and Smash Events is the way to go! I would get married every weekend if it meant I had Ashley and Dominique on my team!

Wedding Coordinator Review: We hired Dominique as our month-of coordinator. Having Dominique was hands down the BEST decision I ever made when hiring vendors. She went above and beyond my expectations! (And I should mention, my expectations were high since I used to be an event planner myself.) I must also mention, I had a vendor that was difficult to work with and Dominique made it seem so easy! She stepped in where other vendors were slacking, she stayed professional and handled difficult and stressful personalities well and she was my listening ear when I had to call her every day the week leading up to my wedding just to hear her say everything is fine! With Dominique on your team, you honestly don’t need to worry about a thing.

Florist Review: Ashley did an amazing job with my floral. All I had to do was show her my Pinterest board and she ran with it. It turned out better than I could have ever imagined and better than any photo on my Pinterest. The floral décor was by far my favorite décor at our wedding – I can’t tell you how many guests commented on my bouquet.

Food Review: We used Smash Events Mobile Kitchen (their food truck) for our rehearsal dinner. I’m still craving their Holy Mole Quesadilla. We had 36 people and I was so surprised at how quickly the guests received their food and how organized it ended up being. Not to mention, all my guests loved the food!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Smash Events Pricing

Smash Events Price Rates

Smash Events FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service? $ 60.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service? $ 60.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations? $ 60.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres? $ 10.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your full service wedding catering? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Server(s), Tastings, Chairs, Tables, China, Linens, Flatware, Glassware
  • What event services do you provide? Set Up, Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide? Breakfast / Brunch, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Family Style, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Lunch, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tapas, Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? American, Asian, BBQ, Cajun, French, Italian, Latin American, Local, Mediterranean, Mexican, Southern, Southwestern, Spanish
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Open Bar, Champagne Toast, Signature Drink, Outside Alcohol
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Chairs, Tables

Real Weddings

• WNC Weddings & Events
    WNC Weddings & Events Wedding Planners

I had the pleasure of working with Smash Catering, and I was very pleasantly surprised by their quality of food, presentation, and how easy they were to work with. Communication was easy, their staff was extremely helpful and professional, and they did a fantastic job!

• The Vineyards at Betty's Creek
    The Vineyards at Betty's Creek Winery Weddings

Working with Smash Events was an absolute dream! What an amazing team! They handle catering, florals and decor as well as planning for weddings. They can book independently from each other, but what a great combination of talents that work seamlessly together to ensure the entire event goes off without a hitch. We worked with Ashely and Dominique from start to finish and they were always on the ball and generally a step ahead which truly makes a huge impact on a wedding day. We highly recommend Smash Events and know you will not be disappointed!

• Asheville Asheville, North Carolina, 28806 See on map