Smash Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Married on 04/30/2022

Heaven Sent

I can not recommend Smash Events planning services enough. Dominique took care of my husband and I and all of our wedding needs for over a year! She is the reason my stress levels were so low going into a destination wedding. Her knowledge, support, confidence, and organization skills are impeccable. She, and the rest of her team are truly heaven sent! I told her over and over again that if I could have given her the world, I would have. She made the wedding of my dreams become a reality, and we’re forever grateful!
    Bruce B. Married on 02/26/2022

Great Experience with Dominique Bedrosian

As the FOB and located in Atlanta, it was comforting to have a planner with the experience and expertise of Dominique in Asheville. She was hands on all the way from the biggest to the smallest issues. She was very helpful in choosing vendors, and they all performed at the highest level. Dominique was with us on the wedding day from the beginning to the end, and even through clean up at the venue, and always with a smile on her face.

• Julie
    Julie B. Married on 02/26/2022

The BEST Wedding Planner!

We used Smash for both our wedding planning and floral and can't recommend them enough! Dominique was so hands on from the start and know we couldn't have pulled off our out of town wedding without her. From helping with vendor selection to ensuring the wedding day went smoothly, we were truly in great hands. Her knowledge and experience at our venue (Highland Brewing) was invaluable and she was always responsive via Zoom or email as we moved through the planning process. Can't recommend Smash enough!
  • Kaitlin
    Kaitlin M. Married on 11/27/2021

Dominique was a dream planner!

Dominique was absolutely incredible! She helped us choose the best team of vendors with our budget in mind and made our vision come completely to light. All of our guests were blown away by how flawless the entire day went and it was 100% due to Dominique. She was completely blended into the backround yet would appear out of nowhere ready to help, my husband said he was outside trying to light a cigar and she popped up out of completely nowhere and helped him. My bridesmaid was helping bustle my dress and suddenly same thing she just popped up and helped. She took all the stress out of planning and was just such a pleasure to work with that she felt like an instant friend. I don't know how anyone could plan a wedding without her.
    Daniel S. Married on 09/16/2021

Excellent planning experience!

Best decisions of my life:
    1. Marrying Callie
    2. Hiring Dominique
    3. Hiring royal suits to play the wedding (recommended by Dominique)
    4. Going to college

Dominique and the smash events team made planning our wedding a breeze! The value you get from their services is very impressive.

We had to cancel our original wedding date due to covid restrictions. Smash helped us align all of our vendors to find a new date and avoid losing deposits. Dominique is the best and did a fantastic job!

Every vendor they recommended was excellent! Smash events helped make our special day extra special.
    Lynn W. Married on 07/31/2021

Dominique was a game-changer!

When I say that Dominique was the most amazing, meticulous and FUN wedding planner ever, I MEAN she went over and above on every single detail.
    I was given her name from our venue and did not have any idea of any others in the area, so after reading a few things we just went for it. And boy, did she deliver.
    Her vast knowledge and her counsel on the wedding as well as her ability to calm nerves and answer every single question confidently and accurately was truly amazing. She steered us in the right direction at every decision point.
    Plus, she’s freaking adorable and a complete joy to work with. She was never unavailable - even when she took a few days off over the 6 months, she got in front of everything, allowing us all to take a breather, and hit the ground running upon return. She got to know us, our family and my daughter and now-husband and was able to cut to the chase on entertaining ideas that made no sense vs. honing in on those that matched their/our desires and dreams.

We had a particularly challenging aspect, where our guests (old and young!) were asked to “hike” up a little mountain trail to witness the ceremony in the forest. Definitely my daughter’s number one requirement for her day, and Probably one of my most challenging aspects for the 3 elderly guests (of the 130) who had to have some special coordination. Not kidding when I say we had to have spent 20% of our planning time worried about safety and comfort for these special people, and while they had reservations about this aspect, they have no idea about the attention to detail that went in to ensuring their comfort and enjoyment, instead, they just appreciated the experience and loved every minute. Dominique never tired of revisiting the plan (or at least, was always pleasant and helpful) on this topic.
    And, that’s just ONE of the reasons we couldn’t have pulled this off so beautifully without her help(along with the great team led by Tracey at The Vineyards of Betty’s Creek).
    I think these two also had a long talk with Mother Nature, too, as a ceremony on July 31 outdoors up a trail could have gone wrong in so many ways - but instead-pure perfection.
    Hire Dominique- and your will have A perfect wedding - and, a new precious friend For life!
  • Kelly
    Kelly P. Married on 06/20/2021

Amazing every step of the way

I was referred to Smash Events by my wedding photographer, and let me say it was one of the best wedding vendor choices I made. Dominique was an EXCELLENT month-of coordinator, and to be honest, she did so much more work than just the month-of. She was responsive, professional and so very helpful with everything I needed. Best of all is her easy going and calm nature; it rained on our wedding day, and when I was stressed, she kept me sane and everything was beautiful. My personality is such that I don't like giving up control, but Dominique made me feel confident in doing so and really helped the day run so smoothly. We also used Smash for our florals, and Ashley did an amazing job, especially with the ceremony arch and reception space installation. On top of it all, Smash Events is so affordable, which is of course a welcomed surprise in the wedding industry. I cannot recommend working with Smash enough!
    Allison S. Married on 06/11/2021

Perfection

Let me say that no matter the number of positive things I say about Ashley and her awesome team in this post, it will still not describe how truly super they were for our wedding this past weekend. They catered and bartended our entire wedding weekend - a rehearsal BBQ, welcome party, wedding reception, and a Sunday brunch. Every single aspect of our experience with them was just plain easy. Ashley is unbelievably responsive to a point where it seems that she must be superhuman. Their catering options are so diverse, but all executed creatively and presented in a way that our guests just loved. Soooo many of our guests commented on the incredible food, and as I was mingling with guests during our reception dinner, I saw that plates were either empty or people were getting seconds at the buffet. I also want to mention their bartending. Wow. We had a few signature cocktails that we wanted served - a skinny margarita at our rehearsal BBQ and then a French 75 and Old Fashioned at the reception. Our guests raved about all of them. Truly excellently done and exactly what my husband and I wanted to drink! They also were able to make anything the guests requested, which was fantastic. Working with them was an easy, efficient, creative, fun process, where I didn't have to think at all. Highly recommend the great folks at Smash a million times over. Thank you for helping make that weekend the best of our lives!
  • Taylor
    Taylor U. Married on 03/20/2021

Amazing!!!

Ashley and Smash Events handled our flowers for our wedding and were recommended by our venue. Ashley was INCREDIBLE. About two months prior to my date I changed my entire vision - she made sure to make me very note and helped me make choices on what would look best. What her and her team created was amazing - it was better than any vision I had. I sent Ashley two ideas and she went above and beyond to make those ideas my wedding. Absolutely unreal - I could not recommend more!

Smash Events's reply:

Taylor, you were such a joy to work with! I can’t wait to see pics! Congrats again and thank you for trusting us with your vision. xoxo
  • Sarah
    Sarah E. Married on 10/24/2020

Wonderful food and service!

Amazing food and service!

Ashley was so responsive and helpful during the ever changing plans of the Covid-19 crisis. She was accommodating for our tasting. And her food blew our minds. Her menu was diverse and fun! So many different options and styles to go with. We used her for both our wedding and rehearsal dinner. For the wedding we did stations, a taco bar, kids table, and grilled cheese station. There was no shortage of food, the stations were beautifully displayed and so many guests raved about the quality of the food! The wait staff was friendly and helpful. For the rehearsal dinner we had a bbq spread. Sooo good! There was no shortage of food for either event and Ashley offered to box the food up for left overs or donate to a local shelter. Ashley and her staff are an amazing team and I couldn’t have asked for anything better. They also have a mobile food truck I would totally recommend trying if you see them in the Asheville area!

**photographs : Woven Strands Photogtaphy
    **Venue : Reverie Events Asheville
    Bethany B. Married on 10/18/2020

Ashley and her team are amazing!

Like with so many others, the pandemic created a lot of uncertainty around our wedding. We ultimately decided to postpone our wedding and hold an intimate family ceremony on our original date instead. But we still wanted to celebrate with all our friends and family once it was feasible. Unfortunately, our original caterer went out of business during the pandemic and we were scrambling to find another one with only 6 months to go. I contacted Ashley on the off chance they might have availability and luckily, she was already doing a wedding at our venue that same day so she was able to make it work. She didn’t hesitate to do all that they could to help us and make sure we could stick as close to our original budget as possible. And the food is TOP-NOTCH. Everyone was raving about it. We were also serving wood-fired pizza from another caterer and Ashley was really accommodating about working alongside them. She has an amazing attention to detail and fantastic customer care. So grateful that Ashley and her team were able to be part of our special day.
    B Married on 10/17/2020
    Smash simply rocks! Wonderful folks to work and plan with- we were so fortunate to have them for the best food EVER (and extremely reasonable!) and for their attention to every detail. Ashley and Dominique are creative beyond words and so supportive of our desire to have a non-traditional wedding. They understood our vision and worked so very hard to make it happen for us. We loved every minute of working with them. You can't go wrong with the entire Smash Events crew!
  • CJ Cody
    Cj Cody Married on 10/17/2020

The BEST for everything!

We booked Smash for catering, floral, and planning for our Oct 17, 2020 wedding that ended up being in the middle of Covid-19 changes. I am SO glad we went with Smash because they absolutely know exactly what they're doing! I asked Ashley for so many food swaps, alterations to dishes, and even requests that weren't on the sample menu (my extended family are picky eaters) and she was so accommodating and never made me feel like I was asking too much! The floral she designed was also completely gorgeous! Though I never found the ideal bouquet inspiration picture to show her, Ashley somehow created my perfect bouquet and also made a floral clip for my hair which was one of my favorite details of the day!

We also had the pleasure of working with Dominique for planning and she was just as wonderful! She handled so many details, from the big ones like coordinating rentals and running rehearsal to small things like bustling my dress and finding the perfect spot to hang our custom neon sign that we loved. My family kept expecting for there to be things they needed to do throughout the day (you always expect at least a little stress on your wedding day, right?) but Dominique and Ashley handled it all!

If you want the most seamless wedding day possible and to work with such kind and talented people, you need to book Smash!
  • Cammy
    Cammy N. Married on 09/18/2020

The best of the best!

I began the planning process before covid hit and booked Smash for our catering, floral and planning. They were truly amazing through the entire process, including a reschedule and a new venue. Ashley created a delicious menu that my guests raved about and the flowers blew me away! I gave her an idea of what I wanted and she hit it out of the park. She answered my 10000 questions and concerns, especially when I was freaking out over having to change the date. Dominique did my month-of planning and was SO professional and helpful. She was very easy to contact and got back to me quickly with answers which was a huge deal to me. The big day went so smoothly and my fiance and I felt relaxed because Smash handled everything with such confidence and ease. They made sure our guests felt safe with the covid regulations- our guests felt so well taken care of. I can't recommend these women enough!
    Deborah D. Married on 09/18/2020

Rehearsal Dinner at brewery

Shayla was on top of everything. She had the best ideas and she was so trustworthy. The venue was set up perfectly. Everything ran like clockwork. Shayla is a very in charge person and she never let us down. I would definitely use Smash Events again. Price was very reasonable!
  • Ashley
    Ashley G. Married on 08/29/2020

The best people!

We absolutely loved working with Smash Events for our wedding. We used their month of planning package and they continuedly went above and beyond our expectations. We worked primarily with Shayla who was an absolute angel through the ENTIRE planning process. She always had great ideas, recommendations, and encouragement even during COVID-19. We also worked with Dominque who also was exceptional. These ladies are professional, creative, and SO good at what they do. Smash Events did the perfect job pulling off our wedding full of details.
  • Samantha
    Samantha T. Married on 07/25/2020

Do yourself a favor, hire them!

We had Smash Events for our catering, planning & floral. The food was delicious, was presented beautifully, & the flowers were GORGEOUS! The highlight was Dominique & her planning services, seriously, hire her! She was amazing, especially with the bumps in the road with Covid-19 & made my day absolutely seamless.
  • Suzanne
    Suzanne Z. Married on 05/23/2020

Great food and experience

Smash was amazing at working with us when we had to reschedule our larger ceremony/party due to covid! We were able to book them again for 2021. We also decided to elope on our original wedding date and Smash agreed to cater a dinner for two for us. They helped make a potentially disappointing set of circumstances into a really special night for me and my husband. Also, the food is absolutely amazing!!!

Update: Smash an amazing job catering our wedding weekend. We had Ashley and her team cater the wedding, rehearsal dinner, and breakfast at our venue. They were totally accommodating for dietary requests and the food was AMAZING. Everyone was talking about how good everything was for weeks. Thanks so much guys!!!!!
    Renee G. Married on 04/18/2020

Beautiful farm wedding during the intensity of Covid

Beautiful farm wedding during the intensity of Covid

We cannot thank Smash enough for doing the food and wedding planning for our crazy wedding August 2020! We were originally supposed to get married April 2020, postponed, and then revamped our whole idea with the help of Smash. We felt safe, our friends and family felt safe. Smash held a high level of integrity for its own employees to keep them feeling safe as well.

Over a year later, people are still talking about how good our food was. We were very lucky to have found and hired them. Their food styling, flower styling, eye in general for what they pictured we wanted was impeccable.

And we didn’t have to clean up a thing.
  • Laetitia
    Laetitia S. Married on 12/21/2019

Life saver!

Dominique was a god send! She made everything so easy for us and helped us relax when we were overwhelmed with details. We looked into a day of coordinator 2 months before the wedding. My only suggestion is to start working with one sooner to avoid any stress. She was absolutely amazing!!
  • Patti
    Patti Married on 10/27/2019

Delicious and Dedicated

Smash Events wears many hats and is FANTASTIC at them all! They were our caterers, bartenders, and event assistants at the wedding, and they NAILED IT!

The food (for both the cocktail hour and dinner) were delicious and beautifully presented. The bartenders were fun and attentive. The staff was friendly, helpful, and a step ahead of our needs.

Needless to say, they know what they're doing, and they're doing it right.

Any and all questions were answered timely and professionally. They eased us through the process of planning this out-of-state destination wedding.

On our special day, Smash Events made our guests feel at ease with their hospitality, and truly brought the day together with their attentiveness and flexibility.

Give Smash Events a go. You will not be disappointed!

Megan Married on 10/12/2019

Smash Events is AHmazing!

When I started looking for my wedding vendor team, I started with catering. I had so many people tell me they were booked or extremely expensive 1.5 years before my wedding! When I finally found Smash, it was the biggest relief! Their preferred vendor package was everything we needed plus some. Ashley and her team were so accommodating and understanding. Chef Nestor really cares about the food and what he is serving. We asked for southern comfort foods and boy did they deliver! All together, they are an amazing team and the food was AWESOME! We got nothing but compliments. I only wish I could've eaten more!
  • Nicole
    Nicole G. Married on 09/07/2019

SO Amazing!

Smash Events provided catering and month-of-planning for our wedding on September 7, 2019 and everything was truly phenomenal! Ashley was incredibly responsive and helpful planning our cocktail hour and family-style reception dinner; her team is so professional and kind (they even brought me over an appetizer plate during cocktail hour while making my rounds, SO sweet!), and the food was absolutely delicious! Dominique is an incredible wedding planner, I don't know what I would have done without her, our wedding process and wedding day was so seamless, stress-free, and most importantly fun! I can't thank y'all enough, our wedding was the best day of our life, thank you SO much for being a part of making our day so special.
    Cathleen Married on 08/03/2019

Outstanding team & service!!

I cannot speak highly enough of this team! Just WOW! We were so lucky to hire Smash for planning, floral, and catering services. A true one stop shop. If you want an easy, cool, and reliable team to work with, these are your people.
    Dominique was the most incredible wedding planner I could imagine. She is kind, calm, professional, organized, funny, and an absolute joy to be around. She kept me on track and kept my nerves at bay. Ashley is an expert florist and designer. She understood my vision and brought it to life. The catering was delicious, with a gorgeous presentation. All of our guests were raving about how tasty and amazing the service was.
    Charlotte Married on 07/13/2019

Above & Beyond & Then Some

Y'all hire Dominique and her team yesterday for everything! We just had Dominique as our full-service planner, but I wish we had hired Smash for food + flowers too because we were *so dang* impressed with Dominique's professionalism, her attentiveness to detail, and her calm and anxiety-relieved personality (we needed it). She worked with us every step of the way (though I wish we had hired Smash even earlier in our planning process), and helped us make all kinds of decisions (color palette, catering choices, flowers in bouquets v. tables, etc). I am SO GRATEFUL to have had Dominique to make our wedding come together, and y'all, she's so great! So friendly! Hire her and the rest of the Smash team before you do anything else.