Smash Events Reviews

56 Reviews for Smash Events

1 User photo

Smash Events 1

Carly · Married on 06/15/2019

Great food, easy to work with

From the start, Ashley at smash was responsive and helpful. Smash events was a huge attribute to our wedding. We used the food truck for the rehearsal dinner, it was delicious and I liked that it made for a more informal dinner, allowing people to be able to mingle instead of all sitting down at the same time for a formal dinner. The food at the wedding reception was spectacular! No over cooked steak or dry chicken! There are so many menu options and they are probably all delicious. The staff was prompt, professional, and accommodating. The bartender made excellent drinks!!
    We also used smash for our wedding planner. Dominique was great! She did an excellent job of setting up, making sure everything ran smoothly and sending us off. She listened to my ideas and help make them come to life for a perfect wedding day! She was quick to respond to my emails, answered all the questions I had, and help finds solutions to any issues that arose. I had no doubt that we were in good hands with this team!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Meg

Meg A · Married on 10/13/2018

Wonderful experience with SMASH

Ashley and the Smash Events Team did an EPIC job for our wedding. We worked with Smash for our food and flowers which was a big help as my husband and I planned our wedding while living in Europe.

I had almost decided to go with a different vendor but decided to email Ashley on a whim. She wrote back almost immediately! When I read the quote I couldn’t believe it. The quote was very affordable and had the add in bonus of a late night FOOD TRUCK at the end of the night. When I read that, I was SOLD!

As we were living so far away we had to make a food vendor choice before trying the food. Ashley and the Smash Events Team had already catered weddings at my venue Honeysuckle Hill and had awesome reviews online. I trusted my gut and we were not disappointed.

As we continued to plan our wedding I learned that the Smash Events Team could add in flowers. I figured it was a no brainer to bundle the two together and working with less people made it one less thing for us to worry about.

We were able to meet with Ashley in person during our very short visit during the December holidays. She was WONDERFUL! We had the best time at our tasting and the food was incredible. As Ashley had worked in the venue she was a great person to bounce ideas off of for my vision.

We just had our wedding a week ago. Everything was beautiful and delicious! The flowers were gorgeous really adding a romantic touch to the venue. The food was incredible and portions were HUGE! No one went hungry. I am still dreaming about the chicken and waffle bites. We also added in a s’mores bar which was a fun touch and I believe will be a lifelong memory for all the kiddos in attendance - they were loving it and gave them an exciting activity for the end the night.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Sara · Married on 09/15/2018

This will be a long review so let me start by saying – AMAZING! YOU MUST HIRE THEM! Wedding planning can be stressful. You need people you can rely on and Smash Events is the way to go! I would get married every weekend if it meant I had Ashley and Dominique on my team!

Wedding Coordinator Review: We hired Dominique as our month-of coordinator. Having Dominique was hands down the BEST decision I ever made when hiring vendors. She went above and beyond my expectations! (And I should mention, my expectations were high since I used to be an event planner myself.) I must also mention, I had a vendor that was difficult to work with and Dominique made it seem so easy! She stepped in where other vendors were slacking, she stayed professional and handled difficult and stressful personalities well and she was my listening ear when I had to call her every day the week leading up to my wedding just to hear her say everything is fine! With Dominique on your team, you honestly don’t need to worry about a thing.

Florist Review: Ashley did an amazing job with my floral. All I had to do was show her my Pinterest board and she ran with it. It turned out better than I could have ever imagined and better than any photo on my Pinterest. The floral décor was by far my favorite décor at our wedding – I can’t tell you how many guests commented on my bouquet.

Food Review: We used Smash Events Mobile Kitchen (their food truck) for our rehearsal dinner. I’m still craving their Holy Mole Quesadilla. We had 36 people and I was so surprised at how quickly the guests received their food and how organized it ended up being. Not to mention, all my guests loved the food!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Charlene · Married on 09/01/2018

We had a welcome party the night before our son and daughter-in-law's wedding. It was a destination wedding which we had never been to the venue or tasted the food. Shot in the dark. Ashley was so professional, always responded to my calls and emails as soon as she received them, and walked me through the whole event. Can't express enough how pleased we were with the staff, the service, but most of all the food! Absolutely delicious, good comments from the guests, and very creative. I highly recommend the food and the staff!

Sent on 09/30/2018
    Smash Events 2

Alyese · Married on 08/11/2018

Ashely and the Smash Team were amazing to work with! Their food was delish and gorgeous AND they helped where our other vendors fell short - so grateful!!! It was very clear that they care about their quality of service and that showed through the whole process.

I really couldn't imagine our wedding without Ashley and the Smash Team. I would recommend them to anyone needing catering and/or event planning!!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Lea · Married on 08/04/2018

Ashley did such an amazing job with our wedding food and floral! We had a super fun menu of tacos, BBQ sundaes and a mac and cheese bar, as well as some delicious passed appetizers. People said it was the best food they have ever eaten at a wedding, and I agreed with them! Ashley was also very flexible and down to create whatever menu we wanted.

We also tapped Ashley's team to do signature cocktails, which were so so good. (Watermelon mojito of my dreams.) AND she did our personal florals and wedding arbor decor, which was incredibly beautiful.

Hire Ashley and her team, you won't regret it!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Kara · Married on 06/03/2018

Truly the best! Couldn’t recommend this crew more. They made our big day unbelievable - awesome service and amazing food!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Samantha · Married on 05/05/2018

I could not have done this without Dominique. Her attention to detail is phenomenal. She made my day absolutely perfect for me, my husband and my entire family. I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 06/19/2018
  • Fed and Autumn

Fed and Autumn · Married on 05/05/2018

Perfection!!

It was our pleasure and delight to work with Dominique and Smash Events for our daughter's wedding on May 5, 2018 ... Samantha Ruckman and Lucas Randazzo at Betty's Creek. She was always several steps ahead of us in thinking of what might need to be done or needed to be taken care of and she took what could have been a very stressful time and turned it into a breeze for us. I honestly don't know how we would have been successful in accomplishing such a carefree wedding without her and her staff!! I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone planning a wedding - YOU NEED Dominique and Smash Events at your side because she won't forget a thing and you will be delighted with the results she and her staff bring to the day you want to be perfect!! Fred and Autumn Ruckman

Sent on 12/01/2018

Jessie · Married on 11/18/2017

When I first started working with Ashley and Smash Events, I wondered if things might be too good to be true-- their pricing is incredible, their catering services include set up and clean up, full service (we opted for plated dinners over a buffet), bartenders, etc. AND all of their personnel are paid a just wage, which was very important to me. I realized quickly that things are not too good to be true- Smash is just AMAZING at what they do. The catering tasting was so much fun, and Ashley was great about communicating during the months prior to the big day. I felt comfortable emailing her with small detail things, and she was a great advisor as I made decisions. She was also incredibly flexible as some of the wedding plans shifted here and there-- she was generous in amending our contract together several times so that it really reflected what my husband and I wanted.

Wedding Day (11/18) was absolutely perfect. Every detail in the catering and the floral design was intentional and creative. The guests LOVED the meal -- it was classed-up BBQ (meat and veggie) and many of them are still talking about the cheese display during the cocktail hour. Ashley and her team were super kind, fun, and easy to work with. Afterward, everything was cleaned up within 30 minutes! The flowers and greenery were stunning- they really made the space come to life. I was wow-ed. If you are getting married anywhere in the Asheville area, I can't recommend Smash more. They are truly an events company that will put their all into your day! THANK YOU SMASH!

Sent on 12/02/2017
  • Brynna

Brynna · Married on 10/07/2017

Wow, just wow!!

Wow, just wow!! How can I express how amazing Ashley and her team are?!? I used Smash Events for catering, floral, and wedding coordination (Dominique) and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made! Ashley's client's dreams are her dreams. She is amazingly talented, doing all sorts of different events, but she makes you feel like your event is her favorite! She delights in learning your personality and tastes, being creative, and making your day a million times better than expected! I emailed her in a panic, at the last minute questioning the florals I'd asked for. She asked me a few questions and in seconds, her brilliant mind crafted the most amazing plan! I walked into the space the day of and was overcome with emotion at how perfectly she had understood my vision and executed above expectations! Smash's food is incredible...everything is the best version of that food you've ever tasted, trust me, and guests commented that it was better than the 5 star dinner they had had the night before! Presentation is awesome, an art of its own, and creatively blending effortlessly into the space. Lastly, coordination...Dominique was fantastic! I emailed her way too many documents full of questions, details, schedules, and lists and she kept them all straight, read every last word, and executed flawlessly! She has a great eye and took all of our visions and made them 100x better, making great suggestions, keeping everyone calm and on time, and ensuring we had everything we needed! It was a tremendous bonus to have our coordinator, caterer, and florist all connected, all on the same page, used to one another's flow, and blending everything together perfectly! I cannot say enough about Smash Events and I absolutely promise that if you book them, you will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/23/2017

Smash provided catering, bartending and florals for our wedding on 8/26/2017 and they were absolutely amazing. Their entire team was incredibly professional, kind, and talented! Ashley was extremely responsive and helpful throughout the entire planning process, answering all of my (many) questions and offering advice. She was also flexible and willing to work with us on our ideas and budget. The food was DELICIOUS- our guests were blown away and said that it was some of the best wedding food they've ever had! Everything we ate was amazing (and we highly recommend the chicken and waffles)! Smash also provided my bridal bouquet and flower crowns, which were colorful, fresh, and gorgeous- they completely fulfilled my vision!
    The best thing about Smash is that they put me completely at ease- this team provides much more than just catering and were a joy to work with. We could not have asked for more and are so grateful for their help in making our day one of the best of our lives! Thank you!!

Sent on 09/01/2017

Laura · Married on 09/16/2017

Delicious!!!! We had multiple guests tell us this was the best wedding food they had ever had. Smash provided our cocktail hour food, family style dinner, and a late night taco/quesadilla snack (served from their food truck). All were outstanding. They also provided wait staff, bartenders and drink stations. The service was amazing; the family style dinner was served hot and looked fantastic. Leading up to the wedding, Smash was amazing as well. The tasting was awesome and gave us a great idea of what would be served at the wedding. We had multiple changes right before the big day, and they handled them in stride (including requests for dietary restrictions from a few guests). Again, and most importantly though, the food was AMAZING!!

Sent on 10/01/2017
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 08/05/2017

Ashley and her team are the best! Not only did they help us make a customized small plates dinner with beer pairing, they put up with my millions of questions! They are so helpful, so knowledgeable, and the food was SO GOOD!!! I recommend them 100%. If you're looking for a wedding coordinator, choose Dominique! She was patient, kind and had the best ideas. She executed everything flawlessly and made sure we stayed on track. I cannot say enough nice things about working with her!

Brit · Married on 07/29/2017

You are in the best hands with Smash Events. Doing a destination wedding can be very stressful. Having professional wedding planners like Smash Events eliminates that stress. Everything was absolutely perfect. Ashley and Dominique were both wonderful to work with. Always on top of things, accomodating, pleasant, professional, nice, fun and calm.

Kristina · Married on 07/29/2017

They made my wedding an absolute fairy tale. Guest kept commenting about how amazing everything was and I was completley stress free. From the flowers to the food to the planning, everything was flawless. My only wish it that I could go back as a guest!

Emily · Married on 07/22/2017

I can't say enough great things about SMASH events. My husband and I are living in Atlanta and wanted to get married at my parents' mountain house in Maggie Valley. I never would have been able to pull it off without SMASH. Dominique handled all of the rental orders and was with us every step of the way. Ashley was able to create our dream wedding without me having to give much input at all. Everyone, including myself, were blown away by the florals, centerpieces, and all the decor Ashley created. You can easily tell they pour their hearts into what they do and just want you to have the best experience possible. I'm so happy I chose SMASH to handle everything. I had zero stress that day only because I knew all the details were taken care of by them. The food was incredible. We still get comments about how good the passed apps were. All of the staff the day of the wedding were very nice and accommodating. I just can't thank you guys enough. It was truly the best day of our lives.

Sent on 08/24/2017

mary ann · Married on 06/03/2017

ashely was a pleasure to work with and very professional..they did a wonderful job. food and ambiance were great. i was from out of town so it was a leap of faith which paid off..

Sent on 06/06/2017

Alexandra · Married on 03/18/2017

Smash was excellent!!! I worked with Ashley, and she provided both catering and florals for our wedding and exceeded expectations for both. She was so flexible and accommodating, and even when I was taking weeks to answer emails she was incredibly patient. I knew nothing about flowers or planning a wedding and she truly went above and beyond her job description to help me, I felt like she was really invested in me and my wedding. I got so many compliments on the beauty of the flowers, they were my primary decoration and people adored them. The food was out of this world (even reheated at midnight when me and my husband finally ate haha) Their stations were really cool, and unique and completely customized to us. I had forgotten a major component and Ashley was able to handle it for me last minute, absolutely no problem, she was so kind and accommodating. I definitely recommend Smash for Florals and Catering, both were out of this world.

Sent on 03/30/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/15/2016

There are a few things that people remember from your wedding, and one of the MOST important is the food. We saw Smash Events on Wedding Wire and decided to make an appointment to meet with Ashley. She was very warm and inviting, easy to talk to and responsive to our questions. We were hooked by the reviews, so we booked with them. We met up with Ashley again to determine our menu and were blown away by the flavors. At our wedding, the food truck was on site, so all of the food was fresh and they were accommodating to our guests with food allergies and special diets. We were able to book servers as well with them to have a plated dinner, although buffet style was also an option. We opted to get an additional service with them - their day of coordinator, Dominique, who ensured that every part of our wedding day went off without a hitch. If there were any problems that day, we were not aware of them. We were very happy with the service we got with Smash Events.

Sent on 01/08/2017

patricia · Married on 10/01/2016

Brides and mothers of the bride will love Smash Events for wedding planning services! Our wedding planner, Dominique Mitchell, was a joy to work with! We relied heavily on her to help us with all aspects of planning and had complete confidence in her ability to manage the big day with competence and a sense of humor. We didn't have to worry about a single detail which enabled us to stay in the moment and thoroughly enjoy the wedding and reception.

Sent on 10/08/2016

Caroline · Married on 09/18/2016

Ashley and her team are wonderful. We have gotten nothing but compliments on all of the food they served at our wedding. The Smash team worked so closely with us to craft just the menu we wanted for our big day. Ashely paid attention to every food preference and allergy. We chose Smash above other caterers based on their attention to detail and willingness to help coordinate our rentals and bar service- that made a huge difference when we went with a venue where we had to bring in everything! I appreciate that they pay their staff a living wage and all of the employees were very friendly and seemed to be happy to be part of the Smash team. Everything was itemized and there were no surprise charges, we got a ton of food and it was a great value. The food was so tasty and fresh, we are so happy that we went with Smash for our catering!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Chelsea · Married on 09/17/2016

Oh my goodness! There are not enough words to say to explain how happy we were with Smash Events being a part of our wedding. Dominique was amazing, and she really helped us bring our dream day to life. People literally came up to me at our wedding at told me they had never been to such a well organized event. Dominique asked all the right questions, answered any silly questions I might of had, was very in touch with our other vendors, and probably the sweetest human I have ever met. We couldn't have done it with out Smash Events and we were so very fortunate that Dominique was part of our special day!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Kristen · Married on 09/10/2016

WOW is one word that I would use to describe my experience with Smash Events. They catered our wedding of 170 people and also did all of our flowers. We had mini chicken and waffles and grilled cheese with tomato soup as our passed h'ordeuvres and everyone LOVED them. Our taco bar and mac n' cheese station was also a hit and people couldn't stop bragging about how amazing the food was. Ashley was so easy to work with and gave us plenty of food to try at our food tasting. Not only was the food amazing but they did an outstanding job with the flowers too. All of the centerpieces, bouquets and boutonnieres were beyond beautiful and unique and I couldn't have been more thrilled. Their prices are extremely reasonable and the experience you get with Smash Events is truly amazing. The price, the amazing people and the awesome experience is why I would recommend Smash Events to anyone!

Sent on 09/21/2016