48 Reviews for Smash Events Catering & Event Planning

Kosher (1)
Lactose Free (1)
Champagne Toast (1)
46 Smash Events Catering & Event Planning Reviews

Truly the best! Couldn’t recommend this crew more. They made our big day unbelievable - awesome service and amazing food!

Profile Picture Kara, 6/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I could not have done this without Dominique. Her attention to detail is phenomenal. She made my day absolutely perfect for me, my husband and my entire family. I would recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture Samantha, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

When I first started working with Ashley and Smash Events, I wondered if things might be too good to be true-- their pricing is incredible, their catering services include set up and clean up, full service (we opted for plated dinners over a buffet), bartenders, etc. AND all of their personnel are paid a just wage, which was very important to me. I realized quickly that things are not too good to be true- Smash is just AMAZING at what they do. The catering tasting was so much fun, and Ashley was great about communicating during the months prior to the big day. I felt comfortable emailing her with small detail things, and she was a great advisor as I made decisions. She was also incredibly flexible as some of the wedding plans shifted here and there-- she was generous in amending our contract together several times so that it really reflected what my husband and I wanted.

Wedding Day (11/18) was absolutely perfect. Every detail in the catering and the floral design was intentional and creative. The guests LOVED the meal -- it was classed-up BBQ (meat and veggie) and many of them are still talking about the cheese display during the cocktail hour. Ashley and her team were super kind, fun, and easy to work with. Afterward, everything was cleaned up within 30 minutes! The flowers and greenery were stunning- they really made the space come to life. I was wow-ed. If you are getting married anywhere in the Asheville area, I can't recommend Smash more. They are truly an events company that will put their all into your day! THANK YOU SMASH!

Profile Picture Jessie, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Vegan, Vegetarian, BBQ, Local, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s)

Smash provided catering, bartending and florals for our wedding on 8/26/2017 and they were absolutely amazing. Their entire team was incredibly professional, kind, and talented! Ashley was extremely responsive and helpful throughout the entire planning process, answering all of my (many) questions and offering advice. She was also flexible and willing to work with us on our ideas and budget. The food was DELICIOUS- our guests were blown away and said that it was some of the best wedding food they've ever had! Everything we ate was amazing (and we highly recommend the chicken and waffles)! Smash also provided my bridal bouquet and flower crowns, which were colorful, fresh, and gorgeous- they completely fulfilled my vision!
The best thing about Smash is that they put me completely at ease- this team provides much more than just catering and were a joy to work with. We could not have asked for more and are so grateful for their help in making our day one of the best of our lives! Thank you!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Signature Drink, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, American, Latin American, Southern, Clean Up, Set Up, Vegetarian

Delicious!!!! We had multiple guests tell us this was the best wedding food they had ever had. Smash provided our cocktail hour food, family style dinner, and a late night taco/quesadilla snack (served from their food truck). All were outstanding. They also provided wait staff, bartenders and drink stations. The service was amazing; the family style dinner was served hot and looked fantastic. Leading up to the wedding, Smash was amazing as well. The tasting was awesome and gave us a great idea of what would be served at the wedding. We had multiple changes right before the big day, and they handled them in stride (including requests for dietary restrictions from a few guests). Again, and most importantly though, the food was AMAZING!!

Profile Picture Laura, 9/16/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Family Style, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, American, Latin American, Local, Mexican, Southern, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink

Ashley and her team are the best! Not only did they help us make a customized small plates dinner with beer pairing, they put up with my millions of questions! They are so helpful, so knowledgeable, and the food was SO GOOD!!! I recommend them 100%. If you're looking for a wedding coordinator, choose Dominique! She was patient, kind and had the best ideas. She executed everything flawlessly and made sure we stayed on track. I cannot say enough nice things about working with her!

Profile Picture Allison, 8/5/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Nut Free, Vegetarian, American, Mexican, Cake Cutting, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tapas, Tastings

You are in the best hands with Smash Events. Doing a destination wedding can be very stressful. Having professional wedding planners like Smash Events eliminates that stress. Everything was absolutely perfect. Ashley and Dominique were both wonderful to work with. Always on top of things, accomodating, pleasant, professional, nice, fun and calm.

Profile Picture Brit, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Flowers, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

They made my wedding an absolute fairy tale. Guest kept commenting about how amazing everything was and I was completley stress free. From the flowers to the food to the planning, everything was flawless. My only wish it that I could go back as a guest!

Profile Picture Kristina, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Flowers, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Bartender(s), Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Kosher, Vegetarian, American, Latin American, Local, Clean Up, Set Up

I can't say enough great things about SMASH events. My husband and I are living in Atlanta and wanted to get married at my parents' mountain house in Maggie Valley. I never would have been able to pull it off without SMASH. Dominique handled all of the rental orders and was with us every step of the way. Ashley was able to create our dream wedding without me having to give much input at all. Everyone, including myself, were blown away by the florals, centerpieces, and all the decor Ashley created. You can easily tell they pour their hearts into what they do and just want you to have the best experience possible. I'm so happy I chose SMASH to handle everything. I had zero stress that day only because I knew all the details were taken care of by them. The food was incredible. We still get comments about how good the passed apps were. All of the staff the day of the wedding were very nice and accommodating. I just can't thank you guys enough. It was truly the best day of our lives.

Profile Picture Emily , 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Flowers, Wedding Planning

ashely was a pleasure to work with and very professional..they did a wonderful job. food and ambiance were great. i was from out of town so it was a leap of faith which paid off..

Profile Picture mary ann, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Smash was excellent!!! I worked with Ashley, and she provided both catering and florals for our wedding and exceeded expectations for both. She was so flexible and accommodating, and even when I was taking weeks to answer emails she was incredibly patient. I knew nothing about flowers or planning a wedding and she truly went above and beyond her job description to help me, I felt like she was really invested in me and my wedding. I got so many compliments on the beauty of the flowers, they were my primary decoration and people adored them. The food was out of this world (even reheated at midnight when me and my husband finally ate haha) Their stations were really cool, and unique and completely customized to us. I had forgotten a major component and Ashley was able to handle it for me last minute, absolutely no problem, she was so kind and accommodating. I definitely recommend Smash for Florals and Catering, both were out of this world.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 3/18/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Flowers
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Clean Up, Set Up, Vegetarian, American, Mexican, Southern

There are a few things that people remember from your wedding, and one of the MOST important is the food. We saw Smash Events on Wedding Wire and decided to make an appointment to meet with Ashley. She was very warm and inviting, easy to talk to and responsive to our questions. We were hooked by the reviews, so we booked with them. We met up with Ashley again to determine our menu and were blown away by the flavors. At our wedding, the food truck was on site, so all of the food was fresh and they were accommodating to our guests with food allergies and special diets. We were able to book servers as well with them to have a plated dinner, although buffet style was also an option. We opted to get an additional service with them - their day of coordinator, Dominique, who ensured that every part of our wedding day went off without a hitch. If there were any problems that day, we were not aware of them. We were very happy with the service we got with Smash Events.

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Services Used: Gluten Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Vegetarian, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Set Up, American, Latin American, Southern

Brides and mothers of the bride will love Smash Events for wedding planning services! Our wedding planner, Dominique Mitchell, was a joy to work with! We relied heavily on her to help us with all aspects of planning and had complete confidence in her ability to manage the big day with competence and a sense of humor. We didn't have to worry about a single detail which enabled us to stay in the moment and thoroughly enjoy the wedding and reception.

Profile Picture User7290291, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Ashley and her team are wonderful. We have gotten nothing but compliments on all of the food they served at our wedding. The Smash team worked so closely with us to craft just the menu we wanted for our big day. Ashely paid attention to every food preference and allergy. We chose Smash above other caterers based on their attention to detail and willingness to help coordinate our rentals and bar service- that made a huge difference when we went with a venue where we had to bring in everything! I appreciate that they pay their staff a living wage and all of the employees were very friendly and seemed to be happy to be part of the Smash team. Everything was itemized and there were no surprise charges, we got a ton of food and it was a great value. The food was so tasty and fresh, we are so happy that we went with Smash for our catering!

Profile Picture Caroline, 9/18/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegetarian, American, Latin American, Southern, Clean Up, Set Up

Oh my goodness! There are not enough words to say to explain how happy we were with Smash Events being a part of our wedding. Dominique was amazing, and she really helped us bring our dream day to life. People literally came up to me at our wedding at told me they had never been to such a well organized event. Dominique asked all the right questions, answered any silly questions I might of had, was very in touch with our other vendors, and probably the sweetest human I have ever met. We couldn't have done it with out Smash Events and we were so very fortunate that Dominique was part of our special day!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

WOW is one word that I would use to describe my experience with Smash Events. They catered our wedding of 170 people and also did all of our flowers. We had mini chicken and waffles and grilled cheese with tomato soup as our passed h'ordeuvres and everyone LOVED them. Our taco bar and mac n' cheese station was also a hit and people couldn't stop bragging about how amazing the food was. Ashley was so easy to work with and gave us plenty of food to try at our food tasting. Not only was the food amazing but they did an outstanding job with the flowers too. All of the centerpieces, bouquets and boutonnieres were beyond beautiful and unique and I couldn't have been more thrilled. Their prices are extremely reasonable and the experience you get with Smash Events is truly amazing. The price, the amazing people and the awesome experience is why I would recommend Smash Events to anyone!

Profile Picture Kristen, 9/10/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, American, Mexican, Southern, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, Tastings

Dominique was awesome and made our wedding day enjoyable for my wife and I. We can't thank Dominique enough for all of her help. Exceptional service is hard to find these days! Dominique even asked if she could bring us drinks while we were taking photos. Her help started way before the wedding and lasted until after the wedding. Looking back, the one thing I would not go without is and exceptional wedding planning / coordinator. Dominique / Smash events will make your wedding stress free and make sure everything is executed properly.

Harrison & Magan Long
Charlotte, NC
Wedding 8/20 Sylva, NC @ The Vineyards at Betty's Creek

Profile Picture harrison, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I was trying to be critical in my ratings but Smash Events really deserved five stars across the board. From the moment I contacted them for a quote, they were responsive, professional, and also just super nice. We used them for florals and wedding coordination and they went above and beyond (for an unbelievable price). Our wedding planner Dominique was so organised and just amazing leading up to the wedding; it honestly kind of felt like she had a few clones of herself to manage a million details at one time. Ashley did our florals and was a pro at translating my hodge-podge Pinterest board into an actual wedding. They consistently went above and beyond and made me feel so special before, during and after. We're really happy with a lot of the decisions we made about our wedding, but hiring Smash has to be up there as one of the best - I can't imagine our wedding without them!

Profile Picture Shanna, 7/16/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

We used Smash Events for my daughter’s wedding and are sure glad we did! We used them for catering, floral and wedding planning and were not disappointed. Smash has their own mobile kitchen food truck so all meals are prepared on site. They don’t pre-cook their food, which is a big bonus as most caterers do this. When we decided on Smash for the catering, we went to a tasting at their house. Every single dish was delicious. My daughter wanted a tapas style menu and boy were we in for a treat. We started with passed appetizers at the cocktail hour. Our guests were delighted! The chicken and waffles was superb. Each of the tapas were served at the reception dinner by a great staff, who also promptly picked up the empty dishes. It was all perfect including the signature drink they created for us. The bride requires a gluten free diet and Smash even went out of their way to accommodate her diet and several of our guests, including the vegetarians. Ashley also did all of the floral arrangements. All I can say is wow. She nailed the bride’s bohemian vision. Check out their FB page for photos. We had thought about doing our own arrangements but I’m so glad we didn’t do that. It would have made the day too stressful. I saw how hard Ashley was working to get it all done and that could have been me. Dominique was the wedding planner and she is also a gem. She spent ample time with Sarah so she understood the vibe she was trying to create. Sarah had made many of the decorations and designed the look of the rest. It’s generally hard to implement someone else’s ideas but Dominique took care of so many details & nailed it! We were so grateful for her help. We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding team. We are very thankful to them for creating a magical and amazing wedding. Our guests said it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to. Sarah and Drew said it was the best weekend of their lives. You can’t get any better than that!

Profile Picture Diane, 6/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Flowers, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Bartender(s), Signature Drink, Latin American, Clean Up, Set Up, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

Smash simply rocks! Wonderful folks to work and plan with- we were so fortunate to have them for the best food EVER (and extremely reasonable!) and for their attention to every detail. Ashley and Dominique are creative beyond words and so supportive of our desire to have a non-traditional wedding. They understood our vision and worked so very hard to make it happen for us. We loved every minute of working with them. You can't go wrong with the entire Smash Events crew!

Profile Picture B, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Ashley is a dream to work with. She 'got' my vision and brought it to life... in a way that didn't break my bank account. Unfortunately, I didn't get to eat the food at my wedding (too busy feeling the love!!) but I still have guests today - five months later - say how delicious it was. And my florals? Stunning. Thank you to Ashley and the dream team. xx

Profile Picture Harriet, 5/7/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Flowers

Ashley helped me plan our destination wedding! We mainly communicated via e-mail and phone and she was excellent. We ended up having the macaroni station and heavy hors d'oeurves as our main meal, which was extraordinary. I have no idea how she made everything so classy and beautiful. I wanted a woodsy aesthetic and she provided a layout that went beautifully with our theme. We also booked their hot chocolate station and s'mores station and OH MY GOSH, it was worth it. It gave the guests something fun to do and the kids loves making their own dessert. Everything was incredible and, trust me, I'm picky. I would recommend them to anyone (especially the mini chicken and waffles)!

Profile Picture Rachel, 1/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

Ashley and her team were PHENOMENAL for our wedding. She is so chill and was super accommodating to what we were looking for. Our food was DELICIOUS and we got tons of compliments on it. She also provided our florals and when I saw them, I almost started crying--they were so beautiful! Smash just made the process much easier on me. I completely trusted them which took away half of my stress. I would 100% recommend Smash Events Inc. to anyone getting married!

Profile Picture Becca, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up

Smash did a wonderful job catering the rehearsal dinner for my son's wedding. They were a delight to work with ahead of time, always very responsive to questions and accommodating of our requests. The food was absolutely delicious. I had rave reviews from our guests all weekend. It was beautifully presented, tasty and unique. Nothing ordinary -- all extraordinary. The staff who served us were excellent too-- perfect balance of professional efficiency and friendly banter. My son and daughter-in-law were so pleased and so was I. Without question I'd use them again and recommend them most highly.

Profile Picture Pam, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, American, Latin American, Gluten Free, Vegetarian