Catrina Maria Designs Reviews

8 | Sacramento, CA

8 Reviews for Catrina Maria Designs

Stephanie · Married on 05/31/2015

We used Catrina to find our venue - w/ her venue finding service -- and we loved her! It was a destination wedding for us & we needed help! Prior to finding her, we did lots of research on venues & services that helped plan weddings -we needed guidance from someone in the area. We rarely found that anyone offered this stand alone venue finder package & other planners I felt didn't listen to what we wanted/were not interested in hearing our thoughts/were kind of rude/didn't even return phone calls. Catrina was affordable! & it wasn't a guarantee but she offers venue options that suited us within a few weeks for only $300! (This was a few years ago & her pricing may have changed). We told her our budget, how many guests, type of venue & what vibe, time of year. Our budget was pretty low to start, but we realized what the minimum would be for what we wanted & adjusted accordingly. She offered many options & we were back and forth a bit. Then...she found us the perfect venue! We were sure this place was it. We took a wedding planning trip to Tahoe, looked at lots of places, ones she'd mentioned/others we found and THE place --- what we believed was the perfect place. When we saw it in person it far surpassed the others we checked out/found on our own. She'd gotten us their packages & it was so affordable compared to similar venues! This helped us save later as their prices increased after that so we locked in our initial package offerings she'd obtained! I don't know how we would've found our spot - West Shore Café & Inn --without her. It hadn't popped up on any of our searches. I think they may have been newer to weddings perhaps? It's a restaurant & Inn.. We didn't use her for day/month of - we found another coordinator's package - Cloud Nine (amazing!) that had suited us better since we got our vendors ourselves (she did nothing wrong) Anyhow, this venue find service worked perfectly! It was very affordable. I highly recommend her! She found our dream venue!

Marguerite · Married on 01/21/2012

Catrina and her staff, Nicole and Katie, from Catrina Maria Designs were absolutely wonderful to work with and made our wedding day perfect.

I met with Catrina just after I got engaged and instantly knew she would be the perfect fit for my fiance and me. She is easy going, has a great sense of humor and is always professional. We booked Catrina for the full planning package and worked closely with her for seven months as we planned our wedding. She was particularly helpful for someone like me who felt overwhelmed by the thousands of vendor and style choices and provided great recommendations for DJs, florists, and bakeries and helped whittle down decision making into easy to manage projects. She was key with keeping us mindful of our budget, and kept us going through each and every minute task. Nicole, one of her staff, came to all of my dress fitting appointments and was incredibly helpful with style and fit recommendations, as well as suggestions for alterations (ie what was necessary and what wasn't). I knew that I could pick up the phone at anytime and she and her staff would quickly address all of our inquiries -- they made me feel like I was their only client, although I know they were busily planning multiple other weddings at the same time they were planning ours. Catrina Maria Designs always went the extra mile and even provided planning assistance to my parents and my in-laws to make everything run smoothly.

Although I'm biased, I thought our wedding day was perfect. It was such a relief on the actual day that things just happened and my now husband and I just got to concentrate on each other and our guests. I'm sure plenty happened behind the scenes to make it all happen, but I wasn't aware of any of it.

I highly, highly recommend Catrina Maria Designs.

Candace · Married on 09/03/2011

There are some people that have the luxury of figuring out what their passion is in life: Catrina and her team are prime examples of those folks. When my Fiance and I first got engaged, I shopped around for wedding planners and interviewed three different ones. There was something about Catrina that made me feel like not only did she know the wedding industry inside and out but she LOVED making couples' dreams come true. She was easy to talk to, never spoke negatively about any other competing coordinators, and made me feel so at ease about this whole daunting wedding planning process. I knew instantly that I wanted to hire her... like when I knew instantly that I found my perfect wedding dress... it was that same feeling!

We chose to do the 'month of' package. Catrina took so much time and care into making sure she knew what our vision was for our wedding and to be honest... there was so much I wasn't sure of and she gave me a lot of wonderful ideas. Throughout the process Catrina was available to chat about the small things and the big things.. from asking her for cake baker recommendations to getting advice on the length of time for our photographers to stay, to calling her to help me deal major and minor situations. Whatever came up, I'd give her a ring. She'd always be ready to help in any way and as the wedding got closer, I would call about a lot of last minute changes. No matter what, she always made me feel like I was her only and most important client.

I also had the privilege of also working with Nicole from CMD. She accompanied me to my final dress fitting to learn all my bustles... all 17 points!!! She was also my go-to girl the entire day of the wedding. She was there to help with whatever I needed and I was so glad she was. My BMs were all starving by the time we got done taking pictures, I told her and she went to grab snacks for them! She was my runner since I couldn't really go anywhere. She was awesome and just so sweet!

On the day of our wedding rehearsal, we arrived to find that my venue had double booked. Right outside of our reception was a beautiful vast grassy area that was COVERED with pop up tents because my venue thought that it would be non-obtrusive to have a Native American Pow-Wow from 6pm to midnight. Awesome, right?! I was really disappointed because a lot of my photos now would remain indoors. I won't lie, I had to excuse myself to cry alone and try to get over it. Not to worry, Catrina flew to action and tried everything in her power to try to relocate the Pow-Wow... then when that was not an option, she had them drape 150 yards of curtain to block out the other event. They ended up not being able to keep the curtains up due to the wind but she managed to change the whole flow of the entrance so that our guests would not see the LOUD and very obtrusive Pow-Wow going on simultaneously. I didn't have to worry about a thing while all that last minute change and planning occurred. I just went to the rehearsal, then to dinner, then had a restful night's sleep knowing that I was in great hands. Catrina had my back.

Wedding Day: The ceremony was BEAUTIFUL!!!! The reception was AMAZING! The way Catrina changed the layout made it seem like we were the only party at the venue! She added the most amazing touches and made it so 'us', it was as if the CMD team had jumped into my brain and took exactly what I wanted and made it a reality. I really could go on and on about Catrina and her team but I have written a lot already... just know that she was the best money we spent.. best part was, that after the wedding was over, my new Hubby and I were able to go to the after-party with all our friends and not have to worry about cleaning up and packing up!

I didn't find this out until later but she had been in constant communication with my Maids of Honor and was at their service as well! She and her team are beyond amazing. You will not be disappointed!!!

Elizabeth · Married on 11/19/2010

I cannot say enough good things about Catrina Maria Designs. Catrina is a miracle worker. She was our favorite part of our wedding experience :). I worked with Catrina using her "month of planning" services. It was more like 2 months of planning services. She was so helpful, organized, professional, and an all around joy to work with. Catrina helped organize our church ceremony and turned our reception into the most wonderful place I've ever seen. I was literally blown away when I walked into my reception. Catrina knew the reception was the most important thing for me, and she made it more than beautiful. People still tell me and my husband that they thought our wedding was the best they had been to! We wouldn't have had that reaction without Catrina. Call Catrina for your wedding planning services...you'll be so happy you did.

Mindy · Married on 09/06/2009

We met Cat in July of 2008 after meeting with three other planners. After considering all the planners we met with, we really felt like Cat was the right person to work with us on our wedding. We booked her as a "day of" planner, with a few added needs and was not disappointed! She went above and beyond her duties! She was very diligent in getting back to us via email or phone call, she had a plethora of resources and decor ideas that we would have never thought of, she also asked several different vendors for quotes so that we could analyze what would work best for our wedding, and what was most cost effective.

To give you a little more detail as to how lucky we were to have Cat. . . when we met with her we already had picked a venue. However 2 and a half months before the wedding, we got the devastating news that our venue was going into FORECLOSURE!! Invites had already been set, rentals already taken care of. . . etc. . etc. . . We immediately called Cat, and she was on it! She investigated several other options for us in the area and made appointments to reconfigure rentals.

Our wedding was absolutly perfect and it was because of Cat's professionalism, attention to detail, and overall positive energy. Needless to say, I would highly recommend her! I feel confident, that no matter what style or theme you are looking for, Cat knows what she is doing!

Rachel · Married on 08/10/2007

Catriona Arcularius is an amazing wedding planner. She helped us with the pre-wedding planning as well as the day-of coordination. She also referred us to ALL wonderful vendors who went above and beyond for us. I think the money we saved (or the extra services that were thrown in) made working with Catriona even more amazing. I think people thought we spent a lot more on it than we did because of Catriona's creativity and imagination.

On our wedding day we were both relaxed - it looked AMAZING - and people can't stop telling us how special/beautiful/fun our wedding was. If you are looking for a stress-free and totally YOU wedding, Catriona is the person to call. She was there during little last-minute crises and was a joy to work with.

Nikki · Married on 10/29/2005

I would highly recommend Arcularius events to any bride and groom. Catriona was 100% proffessional and has a wonderful personality. She worked with me and satisified all of my needs and wants. I'm especially grateful for her calm, confident attitude during the whole planning proccess. When it came to the big day I had no doubts that everything would run smoothly and perfectly with Catriona overseeing everything. Many many thanks to her! Our wedding was perfect. My husband and I often like to say that theres never been a better wedding ;)

Nicole · Married on 09/24/2010

Everyone at Catrina Maria Designs was wonderful to work with. All 3 sisters were professional, hard working, organized, friendly and a joy to work with. I was so glad that I hired them to coordinate my wedding day. I wouldn't have wanted to do it without them. I can't imagine anyone doing a better job then they did.