Bridal Elegance Reviews

Bridal Elegance 2
Bridal Elegance 3
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/03/2009

Bridal Elegance is the perfect place to find your dream wedding dress!
    I worked mostly with Mary during my wedding dress shopping and altering period and she was absolutely amazing, she is very laid back so made you feel very welcome and comfortable. You don't get the uptight feeling like you get in so many other wedding dress shops.
    In my opinion they are very reasonably priced with dresses is everybodys price range.
    I actually got my wedding dress and all 5 of my bridesmaids dresses here and they all turned out absolutely beautiful!
    I definitely found my dream wedding dress at a very reasonable price at Bridal Elegance and with out a doubt would recommend this shop to all of my friends and family getting married. You will not be disappointed if you go in there!!!!!

Sent on 10/28/2009

Erin · Married on 08/22/2009

Bridal Elegance was great. They were friendly, laid back, and had a great selection of gowns. I knew exactly what I was looking for, and I went to many stores that didn't really have anything close. Bridal Elegance had lots of different styles and I found exactlly what I wanted. It was nice that when I went in Mary or Trinh was always there--not a bunch of different salespeople. My dress was beautiful! I only had to do one fitting for alterations--the dress fit perfectly after they altered it. We were very happy with the service from Bridal Elegance.

Sent on 08/22/2009

Barbara · Married on 08/01/2009

The ladies at Bridal Elegance and the services they provided were outstanding. They are accomodating, kind and flexible. The intimate and calming environment within their Bridal salon will put any bride to be at ease. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/21/2010
  • Theresa

Theresa · Married on 07/17/2009

Bridal Elegance is a small, family-owned (I think) shop and they are a diamond in the rough! What a terrific find. Mary and Trihn are down-to-earth and absolutely wonderful to work with. From the moment I walked into the shop, they made me feel important. I was not just another number, like some of the other shops in town. Even though my budget for a wedding gown was on relatively low, they treated me with the utmost respect and made me feel like I was spending a million bucks! On my first encounter, I had no intentions of trying on gowns and was merely browsing. In fact, I dropped in without an appointment fully expecting that they wouldn't be able to spend much, if any time with me. It was no problem at all and when I found gowns that I liked, they were happy to assist. It was not an inconvenience at all. I visited the shop many times looking at jewelry, shoes and other accessories, for fittings and to look at and try my dress on numerous times. It was never an inconvenience. If you're looking for a relaxed, personalized experience, I highly recommend them.

Sent on 08/05/2009

Rebecca · Married on 06/20/2009

Mary at Bridal Elegance was terrific to work with. She is patient and kind. She makes sure everything is perfect and follows up which I love.

Sent on 07/01/2009

Katie · Married on 11/01/2008

Mary & Trihn are fantastic at what they do and run a very professional and fair business. i can't believe they still remember my name when I visit a year after the wedding. They make you feel important and like you are their #1 priority. I went to other salons and either felt everything was not good quality or was overpriced. Bridal Elegance has beautiful dresses at great prices! I highly recommend Bridal Elegance.

Sent on 01/14/2010

Jenna · Married on 07/30/2017

I could not have had a better experience than my experience with Bridal Elegance. The store itself was perfect for me; there was a wonderful variety of dresses with different styles and price points, yet it was not large and overwhelming like other salons. Trinh was so knowledgeable about the dresses and bridal fashion and kept adapting to the different dresses I wanted to try on. She made me feel comfortable and confident and beautiful, never rushed or pressured. I wanted was a modest dress, but many of the dresses I kept gravitating to were strapless. Trinh helped me to reimagine the different gowns that I tried on and loved, draping fabric to imagine adding straps or sleeves or coverlets so I could have the gown of my dreams.
    I ended up choosing a simple, elegant, timeless satin ivory gown with clean lines and a small satin bow at the waist that I had fallen in love with when I tried it on, but thought had to be completely ruled out because of its completely open back. When the ladies draped some lace they had in the store over the back of the dress and pinned it so I could try it on, it was magic. We ended up ordering the gown with a foot extra length on the train and satin buttons going down the back. With some French lace, some amazing advice and fittings from Mary, and expert tailoring from the seamstress, I ended up with a gown more beautiful than I imagined.
    All the ladies were wonderful the entire time, scheduling appointments that fit in with my crazy nurse’s schedule, doing excellent fittings, and just making me feel prepared, pampered, and beautiful. They took away a lot of the stress and anxiety I was feeling and made the experience feel like something special that I deserved, which is what every bride wants to feel.
    From the bottom of my heart I cannot think of a single complaint from start to last, and I would recommend Bridal Elegance to any bride.

Sent on 01/07/2018
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 06/08/2013

I purchased my wedding gown, veil, and bridesmaid dresses from Bridal Elegance. From the moment I walked in for my fitting, I felt extremely welcome. Everyone who works there is very friendly, and they have a wonderful selection of gorgeous gowns for reasonable prices. Candace was wonderful at helping me find a dress, and offered great advice without being pushy. When making appointments for fittings and such, Bridal Elegance was always very flexible and would always help me right when I walked in. The only issue we had was with the bridesmaid dresses - all my girls were measured but three out of the five dresses had to be altered because they were too big. I'm not sure what happened (it could have been the brand of the dress?) but besides that, I had a wonderful experience. Thank you Bridal Elegance!!

Sent on 06/23/2013

Amanda · Married on 10/20/2012

I found the dress of my dreams at Bridal Elegance. After searching for the dress I wanted at four different stores, I finally found it here thanks to the wonderful and amazing ladies. From my initial appointment to the time I picked up my dress after alterations, I had nothing but a fantastic experience. Thank you Bridal Elegance!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Ashleigh · Married on 09/08/2012

I would highly recommend Bridal Elegance for anyone looking for the dress of their dreams at an affordable price and for great customer service. The staff here were very nice to work with and allowed me to come in without an appointment to look for my dress during a very busy holiday weekend. I ended up finding my dress that day and they were so helpful throughout the ordering process in keeping me posted on when it would be in and as an out of state bride that was very helpful. Even when my dress came in later than expected Mary and her sister were so gracious in offering to ship the dress to me.

Sent on 11/20/2012

Heidi · Married on 03/31/2012

I LOVED LOVED LOVED my dress from this store!!! It was very unique, I received a ton of comments from people saying they hadn't seen anything like it. I also was told multiple times that it looked way more expensive than what I paid (just under 1K). The sales ladies were very helpful and not snobby. I was able to purchase the floor sample for a small discount, right then and there (took it home with me that day, I loved not having to wait for it to be shipped from China!). They sent me a very sweet card in the mail after my purchase. A tip, though - don't get alterations done at the store; go by word of mouth to a more independent seamstress, you will pay a LOT less! Contact me and I'll give you the info for the lady who altered my dress, it was an absolutely amazing deal for quality work!

Sent on 05/30/2012
  • Leslie

Leslie · Married on 11/11/2011

This store is a gem. I shopped locally in Richmond (about 5 shoppes) and in NYC (about 7). Somehow I kept coming back to this one dress at Bridal Elegance. We did a destination wedding & while I wanted a true gown, I couldn't justify spending a fortune. I took a long time to decided on the dress, but they kindly let me try on the dress multiple visits. They are very sweet. Very low pressure. Unfortunately I took so long, there was a price increase on the brand & they couldn't hold the old price. Regardless, it was the perfect gown & still very reasonable. It was a better dress (fabric, design details) than gowns two & three times more expensive. It was perfect!

Sent on 01/23/2012

Kimberly · Married on 06/25/2011

I really enjoyed shopping here. As opposed to other stores, I didn't feel any pressure to pick a particular type of dress. Once I found one that I loved, they were able to provide me with alteration options to make it even better. The dress ended up being perfect, and was very reasonably priced.

The only downside was that the shop did get busier closer to my wedding (June), so my final fitting felt a bit rushed. The dress was perfect, so it wasn't an issue for me.

Sent on 08/07/2011

Kelley · Married on 05/06/2011

I looked at so many shops and wedding gowns trying to find the perfect one and I finally found success at Bridal Elegance...Mary was great to work with...I ordered my dress a little differently than the way it came and she helped me to make it the way I wanted it. The price wasn't too bad either and I ended up getting my jewelry and veil from there too with Mary's help. The only problem I really encountered was that I am from Northern Virginia so I had to plan to make trips down to Richmond to try on the dress to get altered and then to try on the dress after alterations and they had given me a tentative date when it would be ready but they never called me once it had come in. I had to plan my work schedule around making the trip down to Richmond so I would have appreciated it if they had called me when it came in so I could have ventured down (I didn't have a whole lot of time because they dress took a while to be ready). I had to call myself and when I did they told me it was already in the store, so it would have been nice if they had called me when it was in to save me the trouble. But overall, I loved my dress, I loved working with Mary and everything turned out great!

Sent on 06/06/2011

Robin · Married on 01/31/2009

Mary and Tren are great! They read me perfectly and actually picked out the dress I ended up wearing. The store is small but it is SO much better than going to those chains! When I wanted to get cap sleeves added to the dress they did it. When I needed to have the dress taken out only days before the wedding they made it happen without ever letting me know they may have been rushing. Great girls, great store.

Sent on 07/16/2009

Lacey · Married on 04/16/2016

I came into Bridal Elegance with an idea of the dress I wanted, but I wasn't loving anything in that style once I tried it on. They convinced me to try on a completely difference dress and that's the one I wore on my wedding day =) They were so helpful putting together the accessories for me while I had the dress on, so I could really picture how it would all come together. The alterations they did in the store were wonderful and it was such an easy process. I was so happy with my wedding day look!

Sent on 06/15/2016
  • SphynxLover

Flora · Married on 08/24/2014

These ladies were ALL amazing! I made an appointment with them after trying on over 50 wedding gowns and various other stores. They were so nice and patient with me. I found the perfect dress that they picked out and it was within my budget. I was late to almost every appointment and they were very flexible. I loved the whole staff! Much better than the staff at the AA store not even a mile from this location.

Sent on 08/16/2014

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Thank you so much! We are so very glad you found your dream dress with us :)

Jenna · Married on 05/25/2014

I walked in on a Saturday without an appointment. My goal was to find a wedding dress and find it fast. As soon as I walked in the door, I was taken under the wings of the staff at Bridal Elegance and they truly made me feel like a bride as I was trying on different dresses in the store. I am so thankful for the love that they have for their customers.

Sent on 01/14/2015

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Jenna, we are so glad you enjoyed your experience with Bridal Elegance. Thank you for allowing us to help you prepare for your special day!
  • User4619901 · 2+ years ago

Had a fantastic experience finding my dress (and I looked SEVERAL places!). The woman who helped me listened to me and was very helpful and comfortable to work with!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Thank you so much for reviewing us! We so appreciate your feedback and are glad you had a great experience!

Very helpful and kind staff, made the bride feel very special. The bridesmaids appointment was fun.

Sent on 12/28/2014

Jess · Married on 03/30/2013

First, I'd like to point out that I bought my dress (a Maggie Sottero!) in Norfolk. To avoid travelling several hours there every time I had a fitting, I decided to have my dress altered in Richmond. I tried Bridal Elegance after my sister had a good experience there getting a bridesmaid's dress for a friend's wedding. When I initially contacted Bridal Elegance and explained my situation, Mary was more than happy to help. I had to get a French bustle and my dress needed to be let out slightly, and after my initial consultation I was given much confidence about the ability to get these things done in time and done well. I handed my dress off to them by mid-February and had my dress back by mid-March. The train on my dress was pretty significant, but the bustle they put in lasted throughout the reception, even after a lot of dancing :) I have to say that there were a couple of times when I had some trouble with some of the support staff, when I was left in the changing room without being asked if I needed anything while one of the staff walked to the back room and stayed there for over 5 minutes talking (I was one of only 2 customeers in the store). BUT, Mary, the owner, is a WONDERFUL human being. She is extremely kind, generous, and caring, not just about the bride and wedding plans, but about the person underneath it all. Her kindness and customer service will keep me recommending this store to others. She made an incredible impression on me, particularly since I didn't buy my dress from her store. She is genuine, and appreciates you for you, not for the amount of money you're bringing the business. She is a terrific person, and her professionalism and kind heart made me look beyond the problems I had with other staff. My bridesmaids also purchased their dresses from Bridal Elegance and were also impressed by Mary. THANK YOU for making my wedding experience a great one-I will always remember your kind words and spirit, and am happy you were a part of my journey.

Sent on 04/06/2013

Hannah · Married on 05/19/2012

I used Bridal Elegance for my Wedding Dress and for my Bridesmaids dresses. The bridesmaid dresses were a bit strange in the sizing and everyone had to get the dressed hemmed because the knee length we ordered actually came calf length. When the girls called in with their measurements (because they live all over the country) and when Bridal Elegance took the measurements, the "size of the dress" was bigger than the girls were in a normal dress (which is very fine), but the person who talked to the girls on the phone made a few comments that left my Bridesmaids feeling like they had "big butts" or "big hips" or "small chests" etc. That experience was very different than the experience that I had with my Wedding Dress. I picked out a dress that I loved, but there was some detail on it that I didn't love. They worked with me and my vision to make the dress exactly what I wanted, in my short time frame of a 5 month engagement. I appreciate all the work they put in to make my dress perfect for my Wedding day, and the Bridesmaid dresses were also gorgeous and looked fabulous. If my Bridesmaids had had a bit better experience with their dresses and the staff, I would give Bridal Elegance a 5 star rating. I had a great experience working with them.

Sent on 05/30/2012

Kristie · Married on 11/11/2016

This was the first and only shop I visited to find my wedding gown. When it came time to find bridesmaid dresses, we went to another local shop and were very disappointed. We ended up at Bridal Elegance for the bridesmaid dresses and walked out very happy.

Sent on 04/18/2016

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Kristie thank you so much for your review and we appreciate the opportunity to dress you and your fabulous bridesmaids!

Reynell · Married on 10/17/2014

Bridal Elegance was really wonderful to work with. They were so helpful when I was trying to choose the perfect gown, Candace helped me and she was awesome. There was never any pressure to buy but they were always right there to help. My gown was ready in plenty of time and they were always so accommodating with appointment, especially closer to my wedding when I was no longer living in Richmond.

Their prices were very comparable to other shops in the area, but they had a much bigger selection. I just wish the alterations were included in the purchase of the gown, at least for the bride. Alterations on a wedding gown are very expensive, but bridal elegance did a phenomenal job making sure my gown looked perfect for my wedding day. I would highly recommend them. They provide friendly, professional service and make sure your every need is taken care of. Again, a special thanks to Candace for helping make my wedding day extra special!

Sent on 12/27/2014

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Dear Reynell, Thank you so much for your feedback - we are so glad we could help you find the perfect dress for your big day! Congratulations!

Stephanie · Married on 07/20/2013

The ladies at Bridal Elegance were great. I found my perfect dress there! The staff was especially helpful during the alterations process and managed to help me get what I wanted. They remembered me every time I came in the store and were very patient and helpful when I went for fittings and tried on accessories. My only complaint would be that during the dress selection process I was told that a certain alteration could be made to the dress I chose, but later it turned out that it wasn't possible.

Sent on 07/30/2013