Bridal Elegance Reviews

Bridal Elegance 1
Bridal Elegance 2
Bridal Elegance 3

Cheryl · Married on 06/01/2013

My daughter went to several bridal salons and none compared to the helpful and pleasant staff here. At no time did we feel rushed during the wedding gown shopping and they worked with us to initially create the dress my daughter wanted and then actually found a dress that was perfect once we knew what she wanted.

Once the dress came in, alterations were done perfectly and that visit (along with finding some accessories) went great. The seamstress worked with us and tried several lengths to help us visualize the hem length, train length (that was a work in progress!) and changing the neckline into a sweetheart. She was knowledgeable, helpful and pleasant. When we needed the dress for the bridal portrait, it was pressed and ready and the staff was very helpful giving details on how to care for the dress. On returning it, several button caps had come off and they said "no problem" and had them fixed without any problem. There were a few spots on the dress from makeup and they worked on them to remove them. When we needed the dress for the wedding, again it was ready and waiting. Every single time we went into the shop, the staff was friendly, helpful and always remembered us!

Great to work with!

Sent on 06/08/2013

Mary and all of the ladies at Bridal Elegance are AMAZING!!! I went to at least 5 to 6 other bridal shops before coming to Bridal Elegance and none of the other shops could even come close to having the selection, customer service, and quality of dresses that Bridal Elegance has! I chose to have some custom work done to my gown to give it the look I desired and Mary and their wonderful seamstress made sure it was exactly what I was looking for! It turned out absolutely perfect and they were so extremely patient and flexible with my schedule as I was traveling from out of town to be there for multiple fittings! Everyone at this shop is extremely friendly, welcoming, and truly considerate of each customers wants and needs!!

Sent on 06/24/2013

Great staff, great service, and I cried each time I tried my dress on. I knew it was the one!

Sent on 02/04/2013

During this lengthy process of planning our rather large, Southern wedding I have encountered hundreds of vendors. I have been in nearly a hundred of boutiques and looked at hundreds of dresses. I was very unimpressed with the customer service (or lack thereof) within the wedding industry. I find most people to be pushy, greedy and impatient....that is, until I happened upon Bridal Elegance in Richmond, Virginia.
    I just wandered into this boutique and was greeted with a warm and sincere smile, Candace. Candace is sweet, attentive, patient and positive--just a joy to work with. I found my dress (and I knew it was my dress) within moments of walking into this store. Candace exemplified patience while taking me around and showing me options. Candace is just full of love and light and it made my heart smile just to be around her. I consulted with Trinh on possibly alterations first. Trinh is knowledgeable, professional and helpful. I bought my dress from there and had some major alterations done. I turned my zipper back into a corset back and added sleeves to a sleeveless gown. The seamstress for this boutique, Yessinia, is absolutely incredible. She does flawless work. Mary, the owner of Bridal Elegance is amazing and wonderful to work with. All bridal store owners should take lessons from her. She is pleasant, flexible and proactive. Mary was personally involved in all of my major decisions with my dress and other key purchases. In addition to purchasing my dress there, I also found my shoes (they found some that matched my dress exactly), my earrings, my tiara, my veil and other fun accessories for myself or my wedding party for our big day. Last, but certainly not least, there is lovely Lisa. Lisa is just a ball of love--she is always smiling, gracious and happy to see you. Words could not express how much I needed one vendor or wedding dealing to be completely smooth and stress free--Bridal Elegance certainly is that special one!!!

Sent on 12/05/2012

Lauren · Married on 10/06/2012

I highly recommend Mary and the staff at Bridal Elegance! They were very helpful in fitting me in as a walk in and also staying after hours making sure I was satisfied.

Sent on 08/26/2012

Amazing- highly recommend. Affordable too. I thought going to a nice, small bridal shop meant having to stretch my budget - but they kept to it. Keep in mind you can do alterations where you want, I did mine here. That of course means more $. However, I did not pay an arm and a leg for the dress or alterations, beautiful gown, great service, all-around 5 stars. No matter who you are, how much you are spending, or what your style...this place works with you to meet your needs. Love!!

Sent on 09/06/2012

These Ladies take excellent care of anyone walking through their door, start to finish! They made me feel that I was my own version of beautiful that couldn't be duplicated. Honestly, that's how I felt when I left my first appointment with them. They continued to work on my dress until it was perfect and my alterations were a great price for all of the time and care they put into my gown. I felt as though they were interested in me finding THE gown, whether it was with them, or another store. I wish I could just go hang out with them every day, they were that awesome to be around!

Sent on 12/31/2012

The sisters at Bridal Elegance are simply amazing! They make you feel like you are the only person in the store at all times and are always on the ball! One thing that I really appreciated about Mary and Trinh, was their honesty. They were honest and open about their opinions at every dress fitting of mine and my bridesmaids. The prices are reasonable and the level and quality of service was amazing!

Sent on 01/11/2013

These are the nicest ladies with so much knowledge....and they have beautiful dresses! Candace was so patient with me when shopping for dresses, and I fell in love with a dress on the first day. Mary and Trinh know SO much about dresses and alterations....they did a fantastic job and I hardly needed any alterations once the dress arrived. They took care of my bridesmaids too! This is a great store in Richmond, and I would highly recommend over the other bridal shops, simply because they are so professional, friendly, and have great prices on beautiful dresses.

Sent on 08/28/2012

Mary and her team are beyond incredible! I highly recommend them to any bride and bridesmaid! My dress was beautiful and the shopping and alteration process was stress-free thanks to them. They were able to find dresses that would look good on my body type so I wasn't stuck trying on tons of different styles. This experience was completely unlike the other 2 shopping experiences I had at other bridal salons. I'm so glad I found my dress at Bridal Elegance so I could go through the whole process with them. I had a breakdown when my dress was a little tight a month before the wedding and the team there graciously calmed me down, helped me, and fixed the dress. Their dresses are reasonably priced and great quality.

Sent on 09/09/2012

Katie · Married on 05/27/2012

The ladies at Bridal Elegance were amazing to work with. Their customer service is stellar! They are all so friendly and welcoming. The first dress I tried on I fell in love with. I have received so many compliments on my dress. It was more than I could have every expected.

Thank you so much!!!!

Sent on 05/28/2012

meg · Married on 05/20/2012

I actually heard about Bridal Elegance from a saleslady at a different bridal salon in the area...I was becoming discouraged in my search for a dress, and I am so thankful that she recommended Bridal Elegance! I found so many dresses that I liked there...they have a wide variety of dress styles, rather than just the more trendy styles you find at some salons, and the prices of the dresses are all very reasonable. Mary and Trinh were so so so helpful, and had so many recommendations of how to make my dress look and fit perfectly on the big day. I live out of town and the staff was very accommodating when I set up my fitting appointments. The store is classy but laid-back so it really took the stress out of the buying and fitting process...I enjoyed working with everyone there. I loved my dress and got so many compliments on it. Thank you so much Bridal Elegance!!

Sent on 07/02/2012
  • Kalyn

Kalyn · Married on 05/19/2012

The ladies here were great! I schedule an appointment, and when I arrived I was the only one there (big change from chain bridal stores...) and had the run of the dresses. The prices were very reasonable, the ladies working there never got annoyed with me, even when I made 4 trips back there to try on my dress :D The dress came when they said it would, the tailoring was well priced and done when they said it would be done.

No surprises make a happy bride! And I was very happy with my dress :)

Sent on 10/12/2012

Katy · Married on 05/11/2012

I had a great experience at Bridal Elegance. I had visited about 4 other bridal shops looking for my wedding dress before going here and kind of knew what I wanted. I was lucky that I found the kind of dress that I wanted there and it turned out to be a great price! This shop often has bargain dresses that are marked down. They have great customer service, the sister team that owns it are so helpful and knowledgeable about bridal gowns. I would definitely recommend shopping here for your wedding gown because of the great prices, friendly service, helpful staff and most importantly the quality of dresses! My Casablanca dress was absolutely gorgeous and I received so many compliments on it on my wedding day. They also have very reasonable alteration prices with superb work.

Sent on 05/24/2012

Jessica · Married on 12/20/2011

I am not the shopping type at all. Typically, once every few years, I will clench my teeth and drop a few hours in a mall shopping for new clothes so that I don't start looking homeless, so you can only imagine how I felt when it was time to try on some mass number of wedding dresses in search of a dress for my wedding.

My maid of honor and I made the trip from Fredericksburg to Richmond a few times to shop for wedding gowns, and we must have hit up at least 8 + places searching, including Alfred Angelo and David's Bridal. I was beginning to lose hope in finding “the one”..that is, until I went to Bridal Elegance. The folks there are super super nice and knowledgeable and very very low pressure. They let me go at my own speed and they were not pushy or snobby at all (both of which I experienced in other bridal stores). I told the lady that was helping me what my requirements were, and she ended up actually directing me to their discount aisle where she thought that my “perfect dress” was residing. I tried it on...and instantly, I had that flush of emotions that told me I found “the one”. It was beautiful! And the best part---they do alterations at the store, and their alterations are very reasonably priced!

On the wedding day, my dress was beautiful, and my family and friends as well as many many strangers remarked on how gorgeous it was and how perfect it looked on me. I would definitely recommend this place to any bride who hates dealing with the high-pressure sales that comes with going to most chain wedding gown stores. These folks are very knowledgeable and they actually carry everything you would need for your dress as far as shoes, veils, jewelry, bras, hair pieces, dresses for the bridal party, etc. for you to try on to see what flows or to purchase from them as I ended up doing :)

PS: If in doubt, look at the mass amount of Thank You cards in their store from brides who have purchased from them. That is a true testament to how awesome the staff, the selection, and the overall store is.

Sent on 12/30/2011
  • Laurel

Laurel · Married on 10/14/2011

Mary and her team were accommodating, patient, knowledgeable, and went out of their way to ensure that I had an amazing bridal experience. I came from out of state and just happened to find my perfect dress there after trying on almost 100 dresses. They did not pressure me, they worked around my schedule, instead of the other way around, they were always pleasant, and we even received homemade cookies after I picked up my dress. Bridal Elegance gave us such an awesome customer service experience. My dress was absolutely perfect, including the alterations. I could not have been more pleased with our experience!!

Sent on 11/08/2011

Stephanie · Married on 09/30/2011

The best place to find beautiful reasonably priced dresses. Mary and Trinh are fabulous! They were extremely patient as I tried on a gazillion dresses, and even helped me come up with low cost accessory options that still looked beautiful. They are so easy to work with, very friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. I had to ship my dress across country for my wedding, so they even had ideas on how best to execute this. They are also very flexible if you want to make additions to your dress (although ultimately I opted not to change the dress at all). And unlike Many other stores I've ever been too, they picked the dress size for me that required NO alterations! (other than length) Amazing!

Sent on 11/10/2011

Nikisha · Married on 06/10/2011

Bridal Elegance is the best bridal shop is the Richmond area! Their customer service is like no other and they really make you feel like you are their only customer! Thank you Mariko and the wonderful consultants at Bridal Elegance!!

Sent on 06/20/2011

Jenny · Married on 05/14/2011

Bridal Elegance was simply fabulous! They helped me find not only the perfect dress for my garden wedding, but were wonderful in providing suggestions on hair clips, veils etc. Very professional and easy to work with!

Sent on 06/07/2011

Sarah · Married on 04/15/2011

I fell in love with the ladies at Bridal Elegance! I went into my dress-shopping experience not really knowing what I was looking for. I hit two other shops without much luck before I went to Bridal Elegance, but as soon as I walked in, I was finding dress after dress after dress that I loved!

The shop itself is really nice. The dresses are all beautiful and the prices are pretty good. There are so many ways to customize your dress to get it to be how you like it, beading, buttons, straps; they can pretty much change anything without a huge charge.

Mary was so unbelievably helpful and knowledgeable. She really knew what she was doing, and she made the experience so enjoyable. She offered honest opinions, but she was also very much supportive and "what really matters is what you like"-ish. She sent a nice note in the mail after we ordered the dress; it was definitely not a form letter, nice and personal. I was honestly kind of sad when I went for my final fitting, as I had really enjoyed interacting with her.

Overall, the experience was wonderful! I loved my dress, it fit perfectly, and now I'm hoping that my sister or a close friend can get engaged so I can go back to Bridal Elegance again!

Sent on 05/01/2011

Kate · Married on 04/02/2011

I loved my dress! After visiting several dress shops, I found what i was looking for at Bridal Elegance. The sisters that own the store are amazingly nice and helpful. I had my alterations and dress preservation done with them and everything was so easy. I would highly recommend checking them out for Bridal or Bridesmaid dresses!

Sent on 04/19/2012

Shannon · Married on 10/22/2010

I visited 13 wedding shops in Richmond, Charlottesville, Harrisonburg, and DC and Bridal Elegance in Richmond was by far the best! Not only is the shop itself nice, comfortable, and conveniently located but Mary and Trinh are phenomenal! They are sweet and incredibly knowledgeable. They remembered my name, the dress I bought, and the day that I bought my dress every time that I called. I'm not sure who does the alterations but they were perfect! I loved everything about my dress except that I wanted a sweetheart neckline. I live in Charlottesville so I tried to find a local place to do this alteration for me and after being told by 3 people they couldn't do it without ruining the dress I called Bridal Elegance back. I had an appointment the next day and Mary greeted me like I was an old friend. My alteration was done quickly and came out perfectly! The dress was perfect and my experience was perfect! Thanks Mary and Trinh!

Sent on 08/03/2011

Michelle · Married on 04/24/2010

Hands down THE best experience of planning my wedding. I actually got married outside of Washington, DC but since my parents live in the Richmond area, I decided to look for dresses down there. The women who run this bridal salon are the nicest people you will ever meet. They do not pressure you at all but give wonderful advice when you need it. It was a joy just to come in and see them! The second time I came in, I spent almost 4 hours trying on dresses because I was so indecisive between 2 of them! During that time I never once felt pressured to hurry and I thankfully made a decision on my dress before I left. They really get to know you and everytime we came in they knew both myself and my mom by name. My mom actually got her mother-of-the-bride dress there because of how much she loved this place. It was technically a bridesmaid dress but they were able to make her a shrug to go with it. The prices are extremely reasonable and the dresses, veils, jewelry are all so beautiful. The alterations were perfect and the dress fit my body like a glove. On my wedding day I got so many compliments on my dress and how beautiful I looked. I don't think the results and all around experiencewould have been the same had I gone with another bridal salon. I would recommend going to Bridal Elegance to anyone. I know that we will be back in a few years when my little sister gets married!

Sent on 05/10/2010

Devon · Married on 04/17/2010

Bridal Elegance is incredible! My dress was the first dress I tried on from this store and I never looked back. The ladies who run this store are so helpful and kind and make you look (and feel!) beautiful. My dress fit me perfectly and I received so many compliments. Bridal Elegance is the best!

--Devon

Sent on 04/27/2010

Carrie · Married on 03/20/2010

Mary and Trinh over at Bridal Elegance are FANTASTIC. If you are looking for a wedding dress in the Richmond area, go there first. They are laid back, but very helpful. Unlike other salons in the area, I never felt pressured or that I was "too budget". I was able to find a beautiful dress at a great price, and was always given the best service when I went in to do fittings or just look around.
    Bought wedding dress and two bridesmaid dresses here, all turned out great.

Sent on 05/19/2009