Bridal Elegance Reviews

Bridal Elegance 1
Bridal Elegance 2
Bridal Elegance 3

Jessica · Married on 08/01/2015

I was pretty apprehensive and intimidated by the whole dress-shopping experience (I was so afraid I wouldn't find "the one"!) If I could give Bridal Elegance more than 5 stars, I absolutely would. This was the first store I visited while shopping for my wedding dress. Needless to say, I ended up canceling my other appointments at nearby stores, because once I walked through the door at Bridal Elegance, I did not need to look any further. Everyone on the staff was friendly, welcoming, and professional. The store is pretty and intimate, unlike the major chain bridal stores. There were only one or two other brides shopping during my appointment, which I loved. I was lucky enough to have Tara helping me and she was wonderful. From the moment I arrived with my mom, grandmother, and bridesmaids, she made us all feel comfortable. She really listened to understand the look I was going for and was positive and upbeat, never pushy. The selection at the store was amazing! She was able to pull several dresses that I loved, including the one I ended up choosing. My other grandmother was in the hospital while I was dress shopping and it was really important for me to have her with us; we FaceTimed her from the store and Tara didn't rush us at all, even though getting her opinions via FaceTime took a bit longer. I knew I had found my dress when my grandmother loved it too! Ordering was a breeze and the staff kept me updated and on top of my appointments for fittings (super helpful in the midst of wedding planning!) Mary, the owner, helped me choose a beautiful belt and veil which were both absolutely perfect with the dress. The alterations were perfect - I got a French bustle (which stayed intact through a long night of dancing) and had my dress let out a bit. I always looked forward to going in and having my fittings; Mary and the staff really celebrate the whole wedding dress experience with you and make you feel special. I 100% recommend Bridal Elegance to everyone!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Thanks Jessica! What a wonderful review - you just made our Friday!

I found my dress at Bridal Elegance on the first day of shopping for a dress. The ladies at Bridal Elegance take their time with you to be sure that you love your dress and are 100% happy with it. They were so sweet and accommodating whenever I wanted to come back in and try on my dress in the year before our wedding. Personally, I felt the prices were fair even though the alterations were pretty expensive BUT I think that's true anywhere. I would highly recommend this company to any bride to be that wants a more personal experience instead of a bridal warehouse.

Sent on 10/03/2015

Bridal Elegance's reply:

We are so happy that you had a great experience!

alison · Married on 06/23/2015

Bridal Elegance was extremely accommodating! I had a very short period of time to find a dress and get it altered and Bridal Elegance came to the rescue where other bridal stores in Richmond did not. I had found the same dress at another bridal store in Richmond, but Bridal Elegance could get it to me much faster! They even did some extra last minute (a few days before the wedding) alterations for me! The ladies in Bridal Elegance treated me as a new friend and were as excited for my upcoming wedding as I was! I am a very picky customer and they never acted as if I bugged them at all. I would definitely recommend Bridal Elegance for my closest friends' events!

Sent on 07/05/2015

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Alison, thank you so much for such sweet words and for allowing us the chance to be a part of your wedding day. It was amazing to get to work with you!

Brooke · Married on 06/20/2015

I absolutely love my dress I found at Bridal Elegance! All the ladies there made me feel so comfortable from the first day I walked in. They were extremely helpful in helping me find the perfect gown as well as getting it completely ready for my big day. I live across the country so was worried about being able to find time for fittings and such. However, they were very flexible in allowing me to squeeze in appointments during the few times I was able to make it out to VA. The dress was perfect.

Sent on 07/11/2015

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Thank you so much Brooke for the kind words! You were a pleasure to work with and we are so happy we were able to help you find the perfect dress for your wedding day!
  • User4619921 · 2+ years ago

Excellent customer service, spectacular staff who were friendly and easy to work with. I wouldn't recommend any other store based on my experiences with other chain stores, which felt impersonal, rushed, and were more expensive! Bridal Elegance has a great selection for every size and budget! Thank you for helping me find the dress of my dreams!!!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Bridal Elegance's reply:

We are so glad we could help you find your dream dress - congratulations from all of the ladies at Bridal Elegance!!!

Bonnie · Married on 05/09/2015

So I live in Virginia Beach and I took a trip to Minneapolis for a week. There, I found the dress of my dreams, a gorgeous Casablanca, all beaded and completely perfect, but I couldn't buy a dress so far from home... so, while sitting in a random parking lot, doing some mad googling, I started calling stores in Hampton Roads and Richmond. The first few phone calls were fruitless (Virginia Beach is clearly not the place to look for Casablancas), but then I called Bridal Elegance in Richmond and got Mary on the phone. She is AMAZING!! Apparently she has been selling Casablanca dresses (along with many other designers, of course) for a very long time and knew the dress by style number immediately!! She explained to me all about the hemming of the dress and gave me all the information I would need when buying the dress along with prices and everything... never knowing if I would even make the effort to drive to her store to purchase it! Oh course, I went to her store when I got home to buy it from her! She even told me when I should come to the store because there was a bridal show, and she was offering a discount on that particular weekend! It was completely worth the two hour drive, and she was very understanding about appointments and whatnot for fittings! Mary is definitely an expert, a pleasure to work with... request her! Highly recommended!!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Bonnie! It was great to have the chance to work with you!

Amy · Married on 05/02/2015

I initially went to Bridal Elegance about 3-4 years ago when I was helping my friend who was getting married at the time pick out a dress. I remember being greeted by the owners and what I remembered most about them was their friendliness, willingness to help and did not feel pushed/rushed to buy anything. They made my friends wedding dress experience a very happy and memorable one. I always told them that when I get married I would visit them. I now live in Northern, VA which is about 1 1/2 hours away from their store. I am getting married in May 2015 and I knew that there was only one place I was going to get my dress. I met with Candace my consultant and I could not have asked for a better person to help me out. She is very honest, knows what style of dresses you would look beautiful in and especially for a bride like myself who can not make up her mind. Candace suggested a style I never would have thought I would like. I cried when I saw myself in the mirror because I knew this was my dress. I felt so beautiful in it and I knew this was my wedding dress. My whole experience was even better than I had hoped for. I have recommended 2 other brides to this store and both have purchased their dress from Bridal Elegance. They really stand by their name, everything about this store is elegant and classy. Thank you for making my experience amazing to share with others.

Sent on 01/07/2015

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Thank you Amy for the rave review! You were such a joy to work with too! We hope to see you again in the future!

Paulette · Married on 04/11/2015

I first visited Bridal Elegance in February 2014 in preparation for my April 2015 wedding. I expanded my wedding dress search to Richmond after not being able to find the perfect dress in the Virginia Beach area. While I had come to Bridal Elegance to look at a specific dress, Candace encouraged me to look at other dresses that caught my eye and after a few dresses, she figured out exactly what I was looking for. She actually ended up picking out the perfect dress for me. Once I tried it on, none of the other dresses could compare. To top it off, although my appointment was solely for my wedding dress, she managed to find the perfect dresses for my bridesmaids in that same appointment! Talk about making things easier for me!

The dress I bought had a very intricately detailed, beaded bodice and I knew I wanted to make some alterations to it, so I was a little bit concerned since other bridal shops said they normally wouldn't disturb the beading detail, but when I asked Mary and Candace about it, they said it was no problem. When I got the final product, it was perfect. I got so many compliments on my dress at the wedding and the hubby absolutely loved the dress on me!

I visited Bridal Elegance a number of times after that initial appointment for my mom's mother of the bride dress, my veil, and my dress fittings and the staff was nothing but friendly and helpful. They were very accommodating with scheduling my appointments since they knew I would be driving up from the Beach and if I had any questions, they were only a phone call away. I would definitely recommend Bridal Elegance to every bride looking for their perfect wedding dress.

Sent on 05/04/2015

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Oh Paulette, your amazing review really made our day! Thank you so much for allowing Bridal Elegance to dress you and your bridal party for the big day!

Dana · Married on 02/14/2015

I was concerned about trying on bridal gowns as I am a larger than average size lady. But they had a range of beautiful dresses in the larger sizes and we're extremely patient and helpful. Plus they never make me feel that I call too often to check on the progress of my dress.

Sent on 12/29/2014

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Thank you Dana for the wonderful compliments!

Brianna · Married on 11/07/2014

I ordered bridesmaids dresses for my girls from Bridal Elegance and we had a wonderful experience! I especially loved working with Candace, she was always helpful and on it. The dresses were beautiful and a great value. All of my bridesmaids were in love with their dresses and had a great experience as well. Their wedding dresses are beautiful too. I highly recommend Bridal Elegance!

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Dear Brianna, we are so glad you found your bridesmaids dresses with us! You were all so fun to work with and we appreciate your business! Congratulations!

Kristina · Married on 10/11/2014

What an amazing dress shopping experience. My mom and I just went in to make an appointment and asked if they had a particular dress I had been looking at. They did and the women asked if I wanted to try it on. I was surprised since I didn't have an appointment and it was a Friday. Of course I said yes and the rest is history. They even let me try on 3 other dresses to make sure that was the one. They made me feel like I was the only client even though I didn't even have an appointment! They were AWESOME!! I am going back from my bridesmaid dresses!

Sent on 08/14/2013

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so very happy for you and congratulations!!!

Jill · Married on 10/11/2014

I had a really great experience at this store. The staff is so friendly and helpful. They have a great selection of dresses, and really are great at giving each person individual attention.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Thank you so much Jill and we are pleased that you had a such a good experience!

Jenny · Married on 10/11/2014

I went into Bridal Elegance with a tight timeline. I was dress shopping in late July and my wedding was early October. It wasn't an issue at all. I worked with Carla and tried on a ton of dresses. She was super patient and would recommend what she thought would look good. I couldn't make a decision so put two on hold and ended up needing to come back the next day. They had kept the dresses on hold for me (past their 2 hour typical hold) and let me try on a couple more dresses. I ended up walking out of the store with a dress in hand. All the staff were really helpful and very professional. I wanted to make a few changes to the dress I purchased so they had the woman that does their alterations come up to make sure all the changes were possible, even if the changes weren't done through their shop.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Thank you Jenny for the great review!

Rachel · Married on 10/04/2014

The team at Bridal Elegance was such a pleasure to work with! I bought a dress far in advance from my wedding, ending up falling in love with another dress much closer to my wedding (eeek)! But the team at Bridal Elegance made sure that I had my dress altered & ready for my wedding day! They were always extremely flexible with appointments and always so nice. My overall experience was PERFECT & I am so glad I chose Bridal Elegance to help find my perfect gown!

Sent on 12/31/2014

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Dear Rachel, thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad we could help make the process stress-free. Congratulations!!

Toney · Married on 08/31/2014

I love this store!!! Mary and her entire staff was wonderful to work with. My daughter and I had gone to several other shops while looking for her wedding dress. We had the best experience at Bridal Elegance!! They offer a huge selection of dresses at a reasonable price. Mary makes you feel like family when you are ther. She makes the whole gown shopping process a happy occasion. The staff is patient, kind and very helpful!!! I love the fact that it is a family owned business. I am sure I will be taking my other two daughters there when it is time to shop for their wedding dresses!!!

Sent on 09/13/2014

Bridal Elegance's reply:

You are too sweet! Thank you so much, Mrs. F! You and your family were a joy to work with and we just can't wait to see you again for more wedding dress shopping fun. K's pictures were just stunning and we are so happy for her!!!

I originally went to Bridal Elegance on the hunt for my own wedding dress-- they have BEAUTIFUL dresses available in just about anyone's price range/budget. Candace was awesome to work with when I was being indecisive about choosing a dress-- the sisters who own and work at the shop are great too. I ended up purchasing my wedding dress through a friend who had purchased the dress from the shop about 2 years ago....I brought the dress in for alterations because I loved their customer service. Also, one of my friends chose her bridesmaid dresses through Bridal Elegance the same time I was there for my own wedding dress appts-- they were very familiar with my face! I had my bridesmaid dress altered through them as well. They have a great staff and customer service!

Sent on 08/15/2014

Bridal Elegance's reply:

We so appreciate your review and are ecstatic that you are happy with the alterations!! Congratulations, beautiful!
  • User4620281 · 2+ years ago

It was wonderful service and u had so much fun. Picking and trying on dresses. I would go back .

Bridal Elegance's reply:

We are so glad you enjoyed the dress shopping process with us! Congratulations!!!

Made me feel so special and would do anything to make sure I was happy! What a wonderful shop with wonderful ladies!

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words - as a family-owned shop it is our goal to make each bride feel special and we are so glad you were happy with our services!

Adrienne · Married on 05/31/2014

Every single person was a pleasure to work with! I really didn't know what kind of dress I was looking for but Candace knew what would look good on me and the very first dress she picked out and I tried on was it! It was the smoothest and easiest thing I've ever done. I have a harder time finding shirts I like. I was so impressed with the professionalism and the personalization of the process. Each time I went into the shop I felt as though everyone was genuinely happy to see me and remembered everything we had talked about in the past both about the dress and tidbits of what was going on in my life. I highly recommend them and everyone that I know that are looking for their dream dress I send to bridal elegance. You all are gems and I had so much fun and appreciate every single one of you!

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Dear Adrienne, We are just thrilled found your dress with us! You were so fun to work with and we are so very happy for you! Congratulations!

Kara · Married on 05/24/2014

The ladies at Bridal Elegance are really the best around. I couldn't imagine my wedding experience without them. Kallie was absolutely wonderful throughout every appointment. She had the best personality and we had so much fun getting to know each other. She helped get through every step, even down to wrangling in all of my 6 bridesmaids! The ladies do a fantastic job in helping pick your dress for your special day. They really personalize the experience and get to know you. I dealt with many vendors during my wedding planning experience as I didn't have a wedding planner and no matter who was at the front desk, when I walked in that door, they knew my name. That is outstanding customer service. They make you feel right at home. Their customer service is wonderful, but their experience in the bridal gown world is out of this world. Everyone was knowledgeable and could answer any question we had. They made the experience effortless for me which is what I needed with planning my wedding.

Sent on 12/26/2014

Dear Kara,
    Thank you so much for the kind words! You were so fun to work with and we are thrilled you were so pleased with your experience. We hope you had a wonderful time enjoying the holidays with family and friends!

Sincerely,
    The Staff of Bridal Elegance

Brittney · Married on 05/17/2014

The first dress I described to Candice ended up being my wedding dress- she helped me each time I came in, but her staff always jumped in to assist while I was browsing or needing alterations. They truly cared about my happiness and kept it an enjoyable experience with all the anxiety that comes with a wedding. I live out of town even though I'm from richmond, so they were very flexible with appointment times since I had to make to trip on each occasion. I went to five other salons and tried on approximately thirty other dresses before coming back and buying the first one Candice pulled for me. Overall the service and value are why I recommend Bridal Ellegance to any new bride!

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Dear Brittney, Thank you so much for your feedback. We are thrilled you found your dress with us and wish you a wonderful marriage filled with joy!

Tasha · Married on 11/16/2013

The staff were attentive and accommodating to all members of my party. I had a last minute dress emergency the day before the wedding ( a bridesmaid's dress was lost in her flight luggage) and the staff were there 100% to figure out what to do to help me. No one would ever even know it happened bc they matched/altered a dress for her that blended beutifully

Sent on 03/29/2015

I love Bridal Elegance. My friend and sister-in-law also used Bridal Elegance, and we all were impressed with how nice, personable, helpful and supportive the entire staff is. I didn't know what I wanted and thought picking a dress was a little daunting. They helped me find and pick the perfect dress. They made it so easy. I ended up getting to cancel my second appointment at an alternative store, because I found the perfect dress here. Dress fitting were convenient to schedule and fun. I showed them a picture of a belt I loved and they recreated it for me. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! The took my mothers veil and put a new comb on it as well, which was wonderful! On my wedding day, I felt amazing and received countless compliments on how beautiful the gown was and comments of "it fit you perfectly." I fully recommend Bridal Elegance and because of my outstanding experience with them, really want other brides to go here.

Sent on 10/26/2013

I visited several other places and told them what I wanted and no one picked a dress that I loved. I met Candice and told her what I wanted and the very first dress she picked out was the one I ended up buying! They are SOOOOO friendly and helpful! EVERYONE there is amazing and they have reasonably priced, but still AMAZING quality dresses!

Sent on 10/04/2013

Sherri · Married on 06/13/2013

Love the girls at Bridal Elegance. I knew I wanted an Allure gown, I just wasn't sure which one I would end up with. They helped me pick out the gown that I wore on my wedding day and had so many compliments on. They did a great job tailoring my dress, it fit like a glove! They are very professional and fun to work with. Couldn't recommend them enough!

Sent on 07/29/2013