Bowling Green Country Club Reviews

Bowling Green Country Club 7
  • Elena

Elena Procopi · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Absolutely amazing!

Bowling Green Country Club was an absolutely perfect venue and the staff made wedding planning stress free and, frankly, almost easy. The wedding coordinator at Bowling Green Country Club, Phillishia, was a joy to work with. She was available day and night to answer any questions, big or small, and she never made me feel as though I was bothering her. Even on nights, weekends, holidays, she answered my questions within minutes/hours and would ensure me my repeated apologies weren't necessary - that she was there for my questions anytime and was nothing but happy to help. She was nothing but gracious, sweet, friendly, funny, lighthearted, kind and incredibly helpful. The chef, Vito, was an absolute pleasure to work with and custom made our entire menu. The guests raved on and on about how delicious the food was and how gorgeous the venue was. With the slightest bit of instruction regarding menu and food, Phillishia and Vito took our ideas and ran with them and created the perfect space for us to get married and the perfect menu to accompany our wedding. In the days leading up to the wedding, Phillishia had multiple "surprises" for us - such as new gorgeous planters for the outdoor arbor - because she knew I wanted a little extra decoration in the arbor and knew I would be over the moon excited that she had ordered new planters. She took the time to get to know us and our needs and was able to create the perfect ceremony and reception spaces just from listening to us. I honestly cannot say enough times how easy wedding planning was with a coordinator like Phillishia. Not only did she handle everything leading up to the wedding, on the day off she was bustling around at a million miles an hour handling any and everything (and things I hadn't even thought of or asked her to handle - such as immediately making us a plate of food from the buffet when dinner was served). If you are in the process of looking for a wedding venue, I urge you to look no further than BGCC. The venue is gorgeous, inside and out, and I am entirely certain that Phillishia and Vito will make your wedding planning and your big day as special as they made ours. They are absolutely top notch.

Sent on 05/08/2019

Bowling Green Country Club's reply:

Elena, Thank you! From the bottom of our hearts thank you for this phenomenal review!
    Helping to make your wedding a beautiful success was an absolute pleasure! Bowling Green was honored to play host and I personally enjoyed every minute of helping you plan.
    Congratulations and best wishes! We look forward to keeping in touch and seeing all the amazing things life has in store for you two!

Nina · Married on 07/27/2019

5 star experience made our special day amazing!!

The venue was absolutely gorgeous! The staff was super helpful and friendly you could tell that they really enjoyed their job. The food was phenomenal and had so many compliments about it from our guests. Phillishia was super helpful thru the whole process and made a stressful time seem way less stressful and she took a huge load of stress off our shoulders, from the decorating, to the food , making sure everything was in place defiantly worth the extra money to hire her as a wedding planner.

Sent on 08/06/2019

Bowling Green Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much for this amazing review!!! Reviews like these are what we strive for! It was such a pleasure working with you and I look forward to keeping in touch!! Congratulations again!

Ashley · Married on 05/17/2019

Love love loved this venue!

I’m not quite sure where to begin when there are so many amazing things to say. I’ll start with the venue. We had our reception and wedding at the South building. The arbor outside is beautifully decorated this time of year with all the flowers and greenery. They do a fantastic job on the upkeep too. The morning of our wedding, the staff was outside adding fresh soil and making sure the flowers looked their best after it had rained the day before. The inside is equally as beautiful with the tables all decorated in white and the window drapery with lights. By itself, there wasn’t much decorating we needed to do other than the tables themselves. The staff made us feel at home throughout our whole wedding. They made sure we were always taken special care of and if we needed anything at all, just to ask. And like many before us, no review is complete without mentioning Phillishia. She is hands down the best and made the whole experience completely stress free. From the endless emails asking questions to stopping by in person, she was always available and more than happy to help. She is a joy to be around and she has a way of making you calm and relaxed. She went a long way in making our wedding day go off without a hitch!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Bowling Green Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley and Steve!!! It was a pleasure every step of the way! Congratulations and best wishes from all of us here at Bowling Green!

Miranda · Married on 04/13/2019

Fantastic!!!

We got married April 13th at Bowling Green Country Club. Absolutely everything was perfect from the second we had our tour. We met Phillishia (the wedding coordinator) and I told my husband I wanted her to be my new best friend. SHE IS AMAZING!! Phillishia, her team, and everyone at Bowling Green did everything in their power to accommodate to my every wish!

I would 100% recommend this venue to every single person. They made our wedding day everything we hoped and dreamed of.

Thank you!!!

Sent on 04/29/2019

Bowling Green Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Miranda!! It was a pleasure getting to work with you and we are so glad we were able to make your wedding a dream come true!!! Reviews like this are exactly what we strive for!!
    Congratulations again and please keep in touch!

Chaz · Married on 04/06/2019

Great Service

Great Service, Great Food and perfect venue. We could not have asked for anything more!

Sent on 04/10/2019

Bowling Green Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much!! This is exactly what we strive for! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day!

Paul Gregory · Married on 03/29/2019

Wonderful Venue and Service

Phillishia is a fantastic coordinator. She is more like a partner in the wedding than someone we hired for the day. She thought of everything and the entire wedding and reception went off without a hitch. The venue was beautiful and Phillishia went above and beyond to ensure that the event was beautiful. The food was outstanding. I highly recommend the venue and Phillishia for any event. We had the wedding and reception at the south ballroom.

Sent on 04/06/2019

Bowling Green Country Club's reply:

Paul, we thank you so much for this glowing review. We certainly strive to ensure that each and every wedding flows seamlessly and is a dream come true. I am so pleased that we were able to do the same for your daughter and son in law! Congratulations!!!
  • Alexis Bates

Alexis · Married on 03/29/2019

Could not have asked for a better venue!

We had the greatest experience with Bowling Green Country Club! From our very first correspondence to the moment we said our farewells, Phillishia Plew, along with her staff, made our wedding dreams come true! The chef personalized our menu, even making our appetizer using a special family recipe we provided. We will never forget our special day and are so grateful to all involved! This venue and staff made our special day perfect. Not once did we have an issue that Phillishia wasn’t two steps ahead of. From the amazing views of this great venue, to the staff, they will make your big day even more than you were expecting.

Sent on 04/15/2019
    Bowling Green Country Club 8
    Bowling Green Country Club 9
    Bowling Green Country Club 10

Bowling Green Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Alexis!!! Reviews like yours are what its all about! We are so happy that we were able to help make your special day a dream come true!!! It was a pleasure working with you and your family!!!
    Congratulations!!!!
  • F

Franzi Curry · Married on 01/06/2019

Amazing Venue and Event Coordinator

I had the opportunity to work at Bowling Green Country Club twice this past month for two sweet couples and both times were AMAZING! This is one of my favorite venues in Front Royal. The venue is stunning with well manicured grounds and friendly staff. Phillishia is among one of those amazing staff members who couples are lucky to work with. She is organized, responsive, friendly, and everything you would want in an Event Coordinator for your special day. She has many weddings under her belt and will handle any disturbances with ease if they arise. The food is ALWAYS delicious and warm. Plus as a vendor, it's important that we eat when the couple eats to ensure we are ready for the next event and they always ensure that we are fed and have silverware as well as plenty of water throughout the day! They have a select number of vendors that they recommend which are only put on the list after review because they want only the best vendors to work with for their couples. You can't go wrong booking your wedding or event at Bowling Green and I am excited to be in September to work with the team again!

- Franzi [Owner/Photographer of Franzi Lee Photography]

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • April

April · Married on 12/01/2018

Amazing!!!

I can't gush enough about this place, the value, and the staff! Phillishia Plew is, hands down, the best wedding coordinator you could possibly have. The venue was decorated to perfection, and there is no room for improvement!!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Bowling Green Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much April! It was indeed a pleasure to host your very special day! You and your husband were so amazing to work with!! Congratulations!

Robin · Married on 11/17/2018

Best day of our life!

My husband & I recently had our wedding reception at Bowling Green Country club and it was amazing from
    Beginning to end! The coordinator, Phillishia, made everything so easy for us. From giving us ideas, working with us on several different aspects; she was easy to reach and talk to, & always came through! The chef did an amazing job with the food, every single person loved it! The staff was so helpful and was working around the clock to make sure everything went smoothly. The venue itself, beautiful beyond words. It’s spacious on the inside and the scenery on the outside was breath taking. I wouldn’t change anything about our experience there. I would highly recommend Bowling Green Country Club for your wedding, reception, or both!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Bowling Green Country Club's reply:

Wow!!! Thank you Robin!!! This review right here is what we strive for!! We are so glad that we were able to meet and exceed all of your expectations. I must say working with you made it so easy! You and your husband are delightful!!! Congratulations again!!

Courtney · Married on 11/11/2018

Say "YES" to this venue!

My husband and I would recommend this venue to anyone! We inititally loved the venue because of the ability to have the ceremony inside or outside, the reception halls are gorgeous, the Front Royal area is beautiful....But, what really made us love the venue was the Events Coordinator, Phillishia! From beginning to end she was there to answer any questions or concerns, provide insight or suggestions, share in the stress and excitement of wedding planning, and so much more. You can tell that Phillishia has been doing this a lot because she is great at it! Also, the staff were friendly, the bartender Jay was awesome, the food was yummy....all around I couldn't have asked for anything better! This place tops any "expensive" or what may seem "in" venue to you! I highly recommend considering this your venue!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Bowling Green Country Club's reply:

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much Courtney for this fabulous review! It was an honor and pleasure working with you in the planning of your very special day! Bowling Green would like to wish you congratulations and best wishes for an amazing future! Please keep in touch!

Holly · Married on 11/10/2018

Classy venue

Great atmosphere, very helpful

Sent on 11/13/2018

Bowling Green Country Club's reply:

Thank you Holly! You are your husband were so laid back and fun to work with! It has been an honor getting to know you! Congratulations!

Tracy · Married on 09/30/2018

Ms. Plew was absolutely the best to work with. She made everything look great and relaxed. Didnt need to stress anything.

Sent on 10/08/2018
    Bowling Green Country Club 11

Bowling Green Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Tracy! It was such a pleasure working with you. Congratulations again!

Brian · Married on 09/29/2018

Great Venue and Amazing Staff

Bowling Green Country Club's ballrooms have such natural beauty that you can almost get married there when you show up. We held our wedding reception at the Bowling Green Country Club in September 2018. It had the vintage chic vibe that we were hoping for and had lots of space for our ~110 person wedding reception. We chose the South Ballroom mostly because of its natural beauty and huge chandeliers. But honestly what really sold us on this venue was the wedding coordinator, Phillishia. It was one of our first venue visits, but she made it hard to pass up. You could tell early on that Phillishia was going to be very accommodating and was going to make sure the reception was a blast (spoiler alert: it was). Her response times were great, and she had fabulous ideas for not only our reception, but for the ceremony, which was held elsewhere. She was such a great sport about all of our crazy ideas and went above and beyond what we feel any other wedding planner would have done for us at the other venues we looked at. The food was great - the crab dip received rave reviews (shout out to Chef Vito). The wait staff was super attentive to us throughout the event - we truly felt like we had complete control of the party. It was the perfect venue for our celebration.

Sent on 12/15/2018
    Bowling Green Country Club 12

Bowling Green Country Club's reply:

Wow! Brian this review is absolutely amazing and we are so very grateful, thank you! Working with you was an absolute pleasure, each and every step of the way. Congratulations again to you and Emily!!!

Colleen · Married on 09/08/2018

BGCC was the BEST place to get married!!! My (now) husband and I had 6 months to plan a wedding and everywhere else we looked barely wanted anything to do with us or wanted to charge an arm and a leg. Not here! From the beginning, Phillishia was absolutely incredible! She loves what she does and definitely does an incredible job at it! She was one of the BEST parts of having our wedding here. She never said "No" or something wasn't possible, SUPER accommodating! Leading up to our special day, she was the absolute best. Whatever idea we had, she was fully on board and excited. The food was surprisingly wonderful! The chef was imaginative and open, he seemed to like to break the mold of traditional set menus and our menu was catered to what WE wanted! (And DELICIOUS!!)
    The venue itself was exactly what we wanted. It's a little bit of a trek for some but it's completely worth it! Phillishia and her team did a PHENOMENAL job decorating the ballroom to our liking and everyone at our wedding was RAVING about how beautiful it was! Not to mention the day-of, everyone there was extremely helpful and kept my life stress-free and relaxed!! Even when things didn't go according to schedule or something came up, Phillishia never let me see it or deal with it (which is exactly what a bride needs!)
    If I could give more than 5 stars, I would!

Sent on 09/15/2018

Bowling Green Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Colleen for this amazing review! It was our pleasure to help make your wedding a dream come true! Congratulations again!!

Kristi · Married on 09/07/2018

My husband and I contacted BGCC back in 2016 when we first got engaged. We were looking for something that had the view, the space, and the right price. Our first initial contact with Phillishia was amazing. The prices were affordable and Vito's (the chef) food was DELICIOUS!!! Phillishia has been a blessing this entire time of planning our wedding. SO accommodating and was there for us with our millions of questions. She's down to earth and always responsive, which was a big plus to me. She was also our day-of coordinator and she handled everything for me so I didn't need to stress! Vito was also very accommodating with menu choices and is up for anything! Every staff member working our wedding night was also so pleasant. Overall experience was 100+ and would recommend this venue every time!

Sent on 09/14/2018

Tiara · Married on 08/24/2018

Phillishia and her staff made our wedding day perfect. From the first email to the day of the wedding, she was super helpful and responsive, and made the wedding go very smoothly. The food from Chef Vito was excellent! I had several people give high compliments on it. The outdoor arbor was so beautifully decorated that I didn't have to add a thing to enhance its beauty. The ballroom is gorgeous and to top it all off, it didn't break the bank to have my wedding here. You will not be disappointed if you choose Bowling Green Country Club!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Bowling Green Country Club's reply:

Tiara, it was an absolute pleasure working with you and Bowling Green was honored to play host to your special day! You, your bridal party, and décor were absolutely stunning! Thank you for allowing Bowling Green to host your beautiful event. Congratulations!

David · Married on 07/07/2018

We had an incredible wedding, thanks to Phillishia and the team at Bowling Green Country Club. They were engaged and responsive throughout the entire process, giving us exactly what we wanted on our wedding day, all the while reducing the stress that can come from planning a wedding and hosting 160 people. The food was delicious and customizable, with the head chef able to accommodate our requests easily. He was very engaged and passionate about food.

Phillishia, the event coordinator, is gifted. She manages every aspect of the wedding and is highly responsive and professional, while also maintaining a fun vibe to her and a strong sense of humor. She worked with us to hash out a great vision for our big day and delivered at every level. She is flexible and will make your requests happen. She ensures everyone, from the bride and groom, to the various vendors, is on the same page. She's also established a vast network in the area and knows who to go to for DJ services, flowers, etc.. She is the heart and soul of this venue - trust her and listen to her and you will have a superb wedding.

On the actual day of, everything ran smooth as silk, which was glorious given all the problems that can theoretically pop up with an event that size. Phillishia was there at every moment, simultaneously helping the bride, groom, and vendors to make sure everyone had what they wanted and needed. She's a magician, truly. My wife and I could not be happier with where we decided to host our wedding. It was such a beautiful and perfect day thanks to Phillishia and the BGCC.

Sent on 07/14/2018

Bowling Green Country Club's reply:

Oh my goodness, thank you! Reviews like this one are exactly what we love to hear. Our goal is to ensure that every couples special day is just that "special"! We are thrilled that we were able to not only meet but exceed your expectations. Thank you so much for allowing us the honor of playing host to your beautiful day, it was indeed pleasure. We look forward to staying in touch and seeing all the amazing things your future holds!
    Congratulations!
  • Katharyn

Katharyn · Married on 06/23/2018

Wedding venue

The venue was great, the price was good and they worked with me so much to make my wedding perfect!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Kathleen · Married on 05/27/2018

The Bowling Green Country Club was the perfect venue for our wedding on May 27, 2018. Phillishia, the coordinator at the venue, went above and beyond to cater the wedding to our needs. The chef worked with my husband's significant food allergies and the food still tasted top notch. The venue looked beautiful the day of our wedding! I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 05/30/2018

Bowling Green Country Club's reply:

Kathleen, it was indeed a pleasure working with both you and Todd, we were so glad that we were able to accommodate your husbands allergies and still provide the very best of food. Bowling Green was honored to be able to host your very special day! It was indeed a beautiful ceremony and reception. Congratulations and we wish you the very best!

Kami · Married on 04/14/2018

We would like to highly recommend this venue. We had our wedding here and were so thrilled with how gorgeous it turned out! The wedding coordinator Phillishia Plew was extremely helpful ,very attentive to our wants and needs and went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 05/06/2018

Bowling Green Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Kami for this amazing review. It was a pleasure working with not only you and Shane but your entire family!
    Congratulations again!

Candiss · Married on 03/31/2018

I'm literally driving home from my little sister's wedding festivities and I needed to make sure this review was done! This staff was phenomenal!!!! From the moment we stepped on property there was nothing that could have been wanted and or needed. Accommodations were exceptional, food was tasty, drinks were constantly flowing, BUT the Customer Service was TOP NOTCH!!!! Phillishia was amazing!!!! She stressed to us, the bridal party, to make it a stress free weekend for my sister Jess and she did just that!!!! Attention to detail was key and the entire staff knocked that right out of the park, or I guess a hole in one in this instance, lol.

I wish I could give you all 10 stars because you deserve them. Most people don't realize all the working parts behind the scene, I do, and you all made them look flawless! Please pat yourselves on the back because this weekend for the Seebeck/McLaughlin wedding you all went above and beyond what we could imagine, including the deli mustard(insider, lol). Thank you all so much!!!

Sent on 04/04/2018

Bowling Green Country Club's reply:

We cant tell you how happy this makes us!
    Bowling Green strives to ensure that wedding dreams become a reality and this right here shows we are doing our jobs. Thank you so very much for this fantastic review Candiss!

Cindy · Married on 03/31/2018

Thank you, Bowling Green Country Club, for a memorable experience! As parents of the groom, our decision to host the rehearsal dinner at BGCC exceeded our expectations. Our event planner, Phillishia Plew, maintained outstanding communication from the planning stages to the night of the event. The delicious food, friendly staff and also having Phillisha present that evening made it possible to relax and enjoy our guests as we prepared for the wedding the following day. Our deepest appreciation to BGCC and Phillisha for a stellar experience.

Sent on 04/25/2018

Bowling Green Country Club's reply:

Bowling Green Country Club would like to thank you for this amazing review and also thank you for the opportunity to host your sons rehearsal dinner. We strive to exceed any and all expectations and are so glad that we could do that for you and your family!

Ryan · Married on 03/25/2018

This is an amazing venue! I could have not asked for better service in every area. Phillishia is amazing and was there to help every step of the way. Bowling Green is beautiful in every way. We had a Sunday Brunch Wedding we were delighted!

Sent on 04/02/2018

Bowling Green Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Ryan! It was such a pleasure to work with you and your brunch wedding was so amazing! You and your entire family are beautiful inside and out and we thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day!!