BOUK Catering Reviews

1 User photo

• Amanda

Amanda Antczak · Married on 10/12/2019

Mouth watering experience

OH MY YUMMMMMMM! HIRE THEM! You will not regret it. Best food I have ever had at a wedding, even if that is biased because it was my own. I have had SO many people rave to me about how good our food was and ask who catered for us. I have had dreams about this food... soooo good! Tara was super easy to work with and helped give us at advice about ALL things wedding - not just the food. They were also our bartenders and they knocked that out of the park, too. HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Emily Privette · Married on 05/18/2019

Outstanding reception!

We had a small wedding reception (40 people) at our home, and BOUK provided a lovely party for us. Tara was responsive, flexible and addressed all questions and issues that arose during the planning process. The food was amazing, and the chef/servers were thorough and professional.

Sent on 05/29/2019

Chelsea Eidson · Married on 05/04/2019

Best Event Caterer - awesome food and amazing staff!

Bouk catering was amazing! They catered our welcome party on the Carolina Grace Yacht and our wedding reception and the food was so delicious both nights. Our guests told us it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding and I completely agree. As a wedding photographer myself, I have tried a lot of catered dinners and Bouk was by far the best. Not only was the food awesome, but Tara, the chef, and the whole team were soo great too. Tara took care of us throughout the wedding planning process from the food tasting to rentals to coordinating and saving the day when it rained at our outdoor wedding! Tara and the team were in the rain saving our table set ups and covering the tables with plastic while it was pouring. Tara helped create back up plans on the spot, the rain eventually cleared, and everything went smoothly thanks to the whole Bouk team. I would suggest Bouk Catering to anyone looking to plan the perfect event with the best food that all of your guests will love!

Sent on 06/20/2019

DONNA · Married on 06/02/2018

We hired BOUK Catering for our daughter's wedding celebration and are so pleased we did! From the first meeting with Tara Creedon, I felt at ease with the catering. She is a stand out! Proactive, very efficient and nice to work with. She made herself available when we had questions or made changes. She followed up via email/phone and text! She made menu suggestions and helped us get the food items we wanted. And, the food was fabulous! I can't say enough about BOUK and Tara! I honestly felt like she really cared about our event as much as we did!! They made this portion of the wedding celebration easy. It was great to hear comments during the party about how delicious the food was! Tara took the time to call and speak with me after the event to get my feedback. I would highly recommend BOUK Catering and Tara Creedon!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Grace · Married on 09/23/2017

I was so happy to have great food and great execution of service at our wedding! Bouk did a 125 person plated dinner for us and it was wonderful. They were flexible to my menu suggestions and took it to the next level. We didn't want super rich entrees, we wanted healthy, but delicious. For example, the chef suggested a sesame encrusted salmon with mango relish as one of the choices. It was the most popular dish among our guests. Bouk also handled the coordination of our rentals (glassware, flatware, china, linens). This simplified the process as they knew what they needed for service. Tara, our contact, was extremely friendly and proactive. She also worked well with our wedding coordinator to make sure everything ran smoothly. I would definitely recommend Bouk to friends getting married and others for other events as well.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Deaven · Married on 10/24/2015

Wow! I cannot say enough great things about Bouk! If quality of food is important to you on your wedding day, you need to use Bouk. We had a wedding with over 200 people, outside, on a family farm, and had a three-option plated dinner. These guys can execute. My food was cooked on site and each plate came out hot, fresh, and utterly delicious. Even as a busy bride, I made the time to eat this dinner. Thank you Bouk! You rock!

Sent on 12/28/2015

Gale · Married on 09/26/2015

We used Bouk Catering for our daughter's wedding. Tara & her staff were amazing & the food was beyond fantastic. We had a buffet & the presentation was amazing. It was so nice to work with a caterer that thinks out of the box & gives many choices that are not the same old ideas. We really enjoyed working with Tara through the whole catering process. She was helpful in so many ways. Many of our guests commented on how attentive the staff was. If you want the best food & experience ever, please give Bouk Catering a try. You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Jessica · Married on 09/01/2013

Tara and her staff were AMAZING on our wedding day! We had a plan put together which completely fell apart when the rain started pouring during our ceremony. The ceremony was instantly moved to the reception area where Tara and her staff were quick on their feet to improvise. Immediately after the second half of our ceremony, instead of transitioning into a cocktail hour, our guests were already there! So, they started serving passed appetizers and made everyone comfortable! Tara helped me with so many details - lemonade stand before the ceremony, menu details, plate and silverware display. It was perfect and I am confident in recommending them to ANY bride in ANY venue! Everyone raved over our food all night! And we enjoyed leftovers when we arrived in our honeymoon suite that night! Even if you try, you'll be too excited to eat during the reception!
    Did I mention we had our rehearsal dinner at Galway Hooker (Waterford Hall)? The food was incredible! The room is gorgeous! The staff was awesome! They offer such a variety on their catering menu that we had a completely different menu for each night! Again, I HIGHLY recommend them!

Sent on 09/20/2013

Julie Victor · Married on 07/06/2019

2.6
      1.0

Extravagant Parties Event Planner/Owner (Sister of the Bride)

We would like to thank our hostess Amber. She was the staff member sent by Bouk to oversee the catering needs of our guests. She was very professional and engaged with all our guests making sure each and every one of us were satisfied and pleased with the food and service. She went far and beyond our expectations. Amber was an all around polite and genuinely sweet young lady. 🤗

As far as the owner/manager Tara Creedon our experience with her was not the same. She did not respond to emails or messages in a timely manner and when expressing and bringing our concerns to her attention, how we were not use this type of unprofessionalism and we weren't pleased with her not responding back to our questioning and details regarding the wedding menu in a timely manner, she was aggressive in her response back to us which was once again unprofessional. So much so, when my sister contacted and expressed her concerns about Tara, the owner of the yacht that recommended Bouk catering, Mrs. Helen, had to intervine and speak to Tara Creedon, Bouk's owner/manager herself, due to upsetting my sister and having her stressed out and in tears. Tara refused to serve us the food choices we wanted despite money and costs not being a concern. We did have a small guest list, however, we wanted a variety of items due to everyones tastes being different and being that the wedding was in the evening and this was pretty much dinner for our guests. Tara would insist what were were wanting was too much food and would again give her suggestions even though we didn't mind paying for the overage. It was like we were begging this woman for her business.
    After dealing with Tara, this made us want to cancel her and find another prominent more deserving caterer whom would definitely appreciate and accept our business however, the yacht owner, Mrs. Helen appreciated my sister and her buisiness and wanted her to be happy and to have exactly what she wanted and was paying for on her special day and because of Mrs. Helen and her being such a sweet lady herself, we stayed with Bouk after her reassurance that she would handle everything, which she did because thats what a professional business person does. Makes sure their clients/customer's are happy and satisfied. We are so ever grateful to Helen, the Captain and crew as well as Amber (our hostess from Bouk) for a beautiful, memorable day.

We are a military family and have traveled all over the world and have had several events and hired many caterers in New Jersey, Nashville, Georgia, Charlotte ( Holiday Inn Center City last year 2018 for my sons rehersal dinner) and in Japan (three years ago for my husbands Air Force retirement) and all of our experiences have been great ones and all the caters we hired were rehired for other events as long as we were in the area. Our expectations are high when it comes to hiring the right company to cater our events. So when it comes to Bouk and its owner/manager Tara Creedon, we were not impressed with her lack of professionalism and would never hire her again or recommend her to any of our family, friends or clients.

Sent on 07/21/2019

BOUK Catering's reply:

Oh my- this is very distressing.
    I apologize and feel horrible that you had this experience with me!
    I will contact you and Christina directly.
    Tara

Bonnie · Married on 05/27/2018

1.4
      0.5
      2.0
      0.5

Although I find it a bit strange that the only other two reviews are the exact same from two different people, I wish I was as satisfied with my recent experience with this catering company.

They recently got exclusive rights to catering at the Charles Mack Citizen Center in Mooresville, and I wanted to book my wedding there. I had everything in place, except for the catering because in two months time I was never able to so much as schedule a tasting.

The communication was horrible, and (perhaps because I was having a smaller wedding and therefore had a smaller budget), it seemed like everything else they had going on (with the opening of their new location), was a priority.

I was told that they would get back to me with a date in October that I could do a tasting, based on my schedule that I'd sent their rep. THREE WEEKS later, I did not receive an email with a day and time to do a tasting, I was asked to rearrange my schedule...again.

I ended canceling my wedding at the Mack Center over this, and I left a review for them as well because I was so disappointed that they were more concerned with the satisfaction of their new caterer than that of the actual people who they're asking to use this caterer.

Sent on 09/19/2017