34 Reviews for Bodas Huatulco

Rehearsal Dinner (1)
Day-Of Coord. (1)
Timelines (1)
34 Bodas Huatulco Reviews

Silvia and Marcela were beyond fabulous to work for. They adhered to all my silly requests and when I changed my mind a few weeks later, they were receptive and attentive to the changes I wanted to make. Truly, these ladies made the ideas in my head come to life. I loved working with them. Wish I could do it all over again!!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Marcela and Silvia designed our wedding, rehearsal dinner, and post-wedding event beyond our expectations. We got married in May at Las Brisas and they suggested the location ceremony at the secret beach garden, and reception on the beach. The coordination from the first day of their hiring was excellent, fast, and super friendly. We live in CA, and they helped us with everything from afar, they coordinated with makeup artist, photographer and DJ, as well as with my mother and my mother-in-law !! (amazing). Silvia was always super attentive and 100% available by phone and email, she is super helpful, joyful and kind. Marcela had a positive attitude, she always had excellent advice, wedding vision, and the presence of both of them helped with nerves before and the day of the event!
Both are excellent coordinators. Everything looked great at the wedding and at the rehearsal dinner (in Quinta real, beautiful location) and our guests had a ton of fun! The food and music were on time, as well as other vendors. I recommend Huatulco Weddings for their magnificent work!

Photo for Bodas Huatulco Review - Bahias Huatulco Wedding Photoshoot
Profile Picture Esteli, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Marcela and her team at Bodas Huatulco were amazing! From the beginning she was super helpful in planning and organizing our wedding in paradise. She walked us through all the steps in planning the day over a number of Skype meetings. She made helpful suggestions of things to do, but also developed a plan around our vision of how things should go. She was very familiar with the venue and all the local vendors, and was able to organize some special requests we made. She arranged an perfect day and night for us, and we would highly recommend her to anyone else getting married in Huatulco.

Profile Picture Tristan, 3/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, Catering, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Words cannot express my gratitude for Marcela and the No.1 staff. My wedding was something out of a magazine! It was the PERFECT wedding and it's all because of them. I came to them with a simple idea and they worked their magic and brought it to life. If you think you don't need a wedding planner, think again and if you think you can go with just any one think again!
Marcela is a top-notch planner and I am incredibly lucky to have had her help. She always made use feel as though she had everything 100% under control. Trust me, you want this is a planner!! The day of the wedding ran so smoothly. Everything, every person, every moment...

Profile Picture Nia, 3/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Are you thinking about a beautiful beach in Mexico??? Huatulco is the perfect place to get married!! If you are planning your wedding at the beach, you will not have a better wedding planner than Bodas Huatulco with Marcela Villasenor and her team!! We were so glad that we hire them to help us plan our beautiful wedding.
Why Huatulco? This quiet, small, and beautiful beach town is a very safe place. You will experience the authentic Mexican/Oaxaca culture with very charm and friendly people. Everyone knows each other at the town, but mostly they take good care of their clean beaches and streets. The amazing ocean views and excellent weather will make you feel relax and happy.
Why Bodas Huatulco? Having a wedding planner, it’s a must. When the bride and groom are not familiar with the place, the wedding planner can take care of all the logistics.
We live in Washington DC, and we handled everything thru emails/skype, and WhatsApp with Marcela and her team. Local people recommended this team. Reading their feedback online, foreign couples were happy with their service. So, we decided to hire them, and we are happy that we did.
Marcela, Silvia, and Gaby cared about us, made sure we were satisfied with their service, and made us feel special. We were in communication for almost a year, carefully planning, and meeting once a month thru Skype. They listened carefully to the wedding ideas that we had, in order to make our wedding unforgettable. They really did an extraordinary job and we don't have enough words to thank them.

Photo for Bodas Huatulco Review - Bodas Huatulco suggested to rent this cute classic car
Photo for Bodas Huatulco Review - The chappel decoration was wonderful
Photo for Bodas Huatulco Review - Hire a "Calenda" with Bodas Huatulco! a tradition in Oaxaca
Photo for Bodas Huatulco Review - Lighting and party venue was stunning at Camino Real
Photo for Bodas Huatulco Review - We really enjoyed our first dance
Photo for Bodas Huatulco Review - Candy table provided by Bodas Huatulco
Photo for Bodas Huatulco Review - Our bride and groom table nicely decorated
Photo for Bodas Huatulco Review - You will not regret hiring a "Calenda" for your special day
Profile Picture Alejandro, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Photography, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Planning

They have a broad selection of vendors/providers to build your wedding from scratch and they are worth the price. Everything you can think of; decorations, music/DJ, flowers, transportation, wedding souvenirs, invitations, food, open bar/drinks, hair and makeup artist, photographer, videographer, etc... the full package! Four months before the wedding we did a site survey. We tasted the food, we did a hair and make-up rehearsal, talked to the vendors (DJ, photographer, videographer), and mostly enjoyed our time there because Huatulco is beautiful!
Marcela will take you around town to meet the providers and schedule all the necessary meetings. If you arrive 2 - 3 days before the wedding, Bodas Huatulco will make sure you feel comfortable. They have everything ready and fix any potential issue or problem that arises during the preparations.
During the BIG DAY, Bodas Huatulco will be there side by side since the start of your day. When the Bride and Groom are getting ready, the team is there to help you with anything you might need.
Bodas Huatulco will always have a special place in our life and hearts. Our family and friends also enjoyed everything with no stress at all.
Marcela really enjoys her job, she is very professional. And even though organizing a wedding is stressful and a challenging task, she makes you feel stress-free during the process.
Everything was under control and in perfect timing! A special Thank you to Bodas Huatulco.

Photo for Bodas Huatulco Review - The chapel decoration was wonderful
Photo for Bodas Huatulco Review - Hire a "Calenda" with Bodas Huatulco, a tradition in Oaxaca
Photo for Bodas Huatulco Review - We really enjoyed our first dance
Photo for Bodas Huatulco Review - Candy table provided by Bodas Huatulco
Photo for Bodas Huatulco Review - Our bride and groom table nicely decorated
Profile Picture Elsa, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Photography, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Planning

Marce and her team floored us with our wedding. We live in the US and all of our communication was through email and Skype calls. There was a language barrier through emails, but all our questions were answered once we clarified ourselves. Responses took a little longer then I expected, but I also work at a job where I plan tv commercials so communication is key. My husband and I are probably a less involved couple when to particulars about planning. Nonetheless, we provided Marce with examples through the course of the preparation. When we met Marce in Huacutlco the week of our wedding the quality of support was apparent. There was no doubt in our heads at that point how supportive her and her team would be for us that week. From our point of view she made it look easy. On the day of the wedding I was stunned by everything, the quality of our musicians, the quality of our 4 course meal, the wait staff, dj, mariachis, and decorations. The decorations were beautiful and she was open to all my changes and reacted usually with a, "yes we can do that." She really used my examples as guides which was exactly what I hoped for. The food was superior!!!!!!!! The meals were in itself a whole experience to remember. Everyone was raving about the avocado salad, tortilla soup, mole, fish, and dessert! When we woke up the following morning after the wedding the resort looked like a huge party hand't just been there, a sign of a true professional.

Alex and myself looked around and interviewed several wedding planners in the area before decking on Macre. She was picked with careful consideration, and she was the best decision we made in regards to our whole wedding.

Profile Picture sarah, 11/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Was your wedding really like you dreamt, or did it exceed your expectations?

Our wedding was more than what we could have dreamt of. It defiantly exceeding our expectations. All the staff were great, and they treated us with the most gratitude. It was absolutely wonderful!!

Was there anything that you would have improved during your event?

Everything went great during the event. It was very hot out so it was nice to make it into a pool party during the dance.

Do you have any suggestions on how we can provide better service?

The service was amazing. Getting picked up at our downtown hotel and able to go try our reception food was so helpful. Marce, Silvia, and Bodas Huatulco Team have all been very helpful.

Would you recommend Weddings Huatulco to your friends?

I would absolutely recommend a wedding in Mexico – I might shy away on telling them about Las Palmas just because I want to keep that to ourselves because it was so great! 

Leah’s Comments:

I feel as though it was something out of a magazine. Never in my life did I imagine we could have such a perfect week and wedding day. Everyone made us feel so welcome and cared for. We are so grateful we found Las Palmas.

Cody’s Comments:

Thank you so much for your time and efforts on making our wedding unbelievable. You were so great to work with and can’t wait to come back to Huatulco to come visit again!!

Profile Picture Cody, 10/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We absolutely loved working with Bodas Huatulco. The vendors we worked with were so helpful and accommodating to our wants and needs. I wouldn't change a thing about the wedding we had in Huatulco.

Profile Picture Leah, 10/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I loved them! They knew exactly what i wanted and made it happen!

Profile Picture Lizeth, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Marcela and her staff were amazing!!! They made everything so easy and made me feel so special. Our wedding was beyond our expectations. I highly recommend Bodas Huatulco for an incredible wedding!

Profile Picture Ericka, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Full Planning, Civil, Destination

We loved Marce!! she was so accomodating and caring; she made us feel very special.

Profile Picture sean, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Both Marcela and Silvia did an amazing job for me. We planned our wedding at Las Palmas in Huatulco and they helped me feel comfortable and confident from the first moment. They are familiar with plenty of venues, and the vendors she recommended were extremely good. When I had a stressful moment in planning from abroad, I emailed them and within hours they had replied and we set up a FaceTime call. They are very responsive like that and will definitely help you feel less stressed and like more stuff is under control. Plus, I had a unique ceremony and wedding plan, and they got it right down to the last detail. Can't go wrong with them :)

Profile Picture Monica , 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Destination

Bodas Huatulco made planning a wedding Mexico from Ohio stress free. Everything my wife and I had a question about was answered/ taken care of. The vendors Marce used for our wedding were amazing from the photographer to the bartenders/servers. We truly had our dream wedding and we can't thank Marce, Silvia and everyone at Bodas Huatulco enough.

Profile Picture Ashley , 5/27/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Civil, Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Full Planning

First, I want to say Huatulco is a BEAUTIFUL place to get married. It's very authentic and has amazing, friendly people, with stunning scenery.

Bodas Huatulco, was absolutely AMAZING! They were the so attentive and kind to us. Marcela and Silvii truly cared about us as people, and wanted our day to be so special. Me and my wife communicated our dream wedding to Marcela over a year and a half of planning and Bodas Huatulco made it better than we could of ever expected. They made our dream a vision, and it was something out of a movie. Not only are they fun people to work with, they are also very professional. When it came down to the actual wedding, they meant business, everything had to be perfect. (which we appreciated).

They provided everything you can think of from decorations, to food, drinks, hair and makeup, photography, videos, etc.... literally the full package. There vendors were all spectacular. Being from America doing a destination wedding we had concerns, but Bodas Huatulco, was always there to assure us everything would be great! Also, food, hair and make-up they provide testing for it all... which is an AMAZING experience as well, makes you feel confident and excited for your BIG DAY......really worth EVERY penny!!!

Bodas Huatulco will always have a special place in our hearts, and will forever and always be apart of our family. We 1000000000% recommend using them as your wedding planner.

Profile Picture Gregg, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Bodas Huatulco made from our Wedding a beautiful event.
In our case it was something special, because it was not a Wedding, since we were already married. So we didn't wanted a traditional wedding, but still something beautiful to remember with the family and friends. Bodas Huatulco made it real!
We still think about that date and smile every time. We would looove to do it again =)

Profile Picture Karin, 3/11/17, 1 Review

Profile Picture Evonna, 1/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Excellent! Highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture Paulina, 12/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Very Professional! Exceeds expectations!

Marce is a true professional, there are no obstacles or things she cannot accomplish. We flew into Huatulco 9 months prior to the wedding to plan everything with Marce. She took us around for the full week(food tasting, cake, hair and makeup tests, etc), gave us ideas and pointers throughout the way.

Do not worry if it takes her few days to respond, keep in mind they are on "Huatulco time", however when its your wedding time, everything was perfect and on-time. Do not micro-manage her, she knows what she is doing.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Profile Picture Lucas, 12/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I was very happy working with Marce. She helped me achieve that wedding of my dreams. All the vendors were better than expected, the food was great and the make up artist was amazing as well! The flowers were beautiful too. I hired my own photographer but Marce coordinated with her and made sure she arrived at the right time. The day of Marce and her team had everything taken care of and I didn't have to do anything or worry about anything. She and her staff stayed until the very end of the night. I would highly suggest Marce as a wedding coordinator to anyone having a wedding in Huatulco.

Profile Picture Taylor, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Marcela was our wedding planner at las palmas resort in huatulco. Our wedding turned out better than we could ever have imagined and we couldn't have done it without our talented and organized wedding planner. Everything was on time. She ensured was perfect right down to the last detail. Marce created a wedding for us that all our friends and family will be talking about for a very very long time! Marce dealt with every aspect of our wedding with grace and professionalism. If you are getting married in huatulco this is your girl if you want the wedding of your dreams. She makes everything very easy and strwas free with the planning. And all of her team from hair and make up to flowers, photographers, videographers and djs respect her and ensure that the job is held up to the highest standads.

Thank you Marce and all of your team for making our wedding a fairytale and one epic fiesta that we will never forget!

Love kristin and robin

Profile Picture Kristin, 11/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Marce y todo el equipo de Bodas Huatulco fueron excepcionales. La boda fue inmejorable. Todo nos gustó. Además fue una experiencia muy grata para nosotros, nuestras familias y nuestros invitados. Seguimos recibiendo felicitaciones de la fiesta, para todos fue como una boda de película, una boda espectacular. Recomiendo ampliamente los servicios de Bodas Huatulco.

Profile Picture User6219730, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Event Design, Full Planning, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Civil, Destination

Trust Marce. She is brilliant, resilient and above all, has a deep rooted respect for love and the union of two souls. Planning a wedding is hard work, especially when trying to do so from another country. Marce made the process seamless, stress-free, exciting and enchanting. We gave her our ideas and she created a vision more elegant, romantic and perfect than our dreams had conjured. We are lucky to have worked with her.

Profile Picture Evonna, 11/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I'm so incredibly grateful we chose Marce as our wedding planner. We did a destination wedding at Las Palmas and she made it so easy and stress-free for us. She's straightforward, a good communicator and well organized. Our wedding was everything we expected and more and we owe that to Marce.

Profile Picture Bridget , 10/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I´m very grateful a ¨Bodas Huatulco¨ weddings agancy for all your help in organization of my wedding! It was very professional!

Profile Picture Alisa, 7/4/15, 1 Review