Bodas Huatulco Reviews

52 Reviews for Bodas Huatulco

• Steven

Steven Trevino · Getting married on 06/01/2021

Great experience!

The wedding was a fairly difficult task for us because we were doing everything online. Literally our first trip to the resort was for our wedding. That had me a little weary for such an important and special event, but we put our trust in Marcela and Bodas Huatulco and they definitely didn't disappoint! Marcela put a schedule together for us for video Skype calls to go over all the details of the wedding, which helped us continue to make progress and not fall behind in the planning. Once there, the service was incredible. We had a group of roughly 30 people flying in together and our flight into Huatulco was delayed by 3 hours, but Marcela was still there at the airport to personally greet us and ensure our check-in process went smoothly for our entire group. The personal attention we received was there from the moment we landed on Thursday, at our Welcome Party on Friday night, was truly exceptional on the wedding night on Saturday, and followed through until our last meeting on Sunday. I was beyond impressed with the service we were provided and I would highly recommend Bodas Huatulco to anyone looking for that perfect destination wedding.

Sent on 02/12/2020

Dear Steven and Steph,
    We are truly happy to see your review, for us it is so important to know you enjoyed your wedding!
    We know it is difficult to trust someone to help you plan such an special day when you are far, but we are glad you did and let us be part of it!
    We feel so grateful, we wish you the best in your marriage, and in your new life!!
    Remember you have a home and new friends in Huatulco! 💕
  • Andrea

Andrea Valenzuela · Married on 10/01/2020

My dream destination wedding!

I am so grateful for Bodas Huatulco, they helped me with every little detail for my dream wedding. I was a little hesitant because I was planning everything from far away, but they made the process really easy and they were super flexible. They also helped me make my ideas come to life. I cannot reccomend them enough

Sent on 03/18/2020

Dear Andy and Will,
    We cann't thank you enough for letting us be part of your dream, it was a pleasure to help you plan it, but specially to get to know you and be in that wonderful day. Everything was full of love and happiness, and that's what we wish for you in your new life together.
    We hope to see you soon back in Huatulco!!
    Thank you!!!
    Bodas Huatulco Team

Bibi Constantino · Married on 07/10/2020

Absolutely Flawless

Marcela, Silvia and the entire Bodas team took our vision and executed it to perfection. Every step of the way they were their answering our ridiculous questions. I highly recommend them. Words just can't explain how easy, friendly, flawless this experience was. With the "yes we can do that" attitude no mater what we asked of them and trust me we did not have the traditional wedding. Huatulco is now home to us and we now call these amazing people we met "FRIENDS" Can't wait to retune.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Dear Bibi!
    Thank you so much for your beautiful review, for us it was a pleasure to help you plan and coordinate your wedding, we enjoyed all the process and making your ideas come true, it was a unique and special wedding, it was full of love and joy.
    Hope to see you soon back! As you said, you have a home and new friends here!
    Thank you!!

Beatriz Pineda · Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing!!! It was very professional, everything perfect, Marce and her team are the best!!

My daughter’ s wedding was great! The place, the music, every details, like a dream. Thank you Marce, Silvia and the team, we are very satisfied with your work and the results!!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Dear Mrs. Beatriz,
    Thank you so much for trusting in us to create, your daughter's wedding, it was wonderful to work with you to make this day so special and beautiful!!
    We hope to see you soon back in Huatulco (we'll be waiting to plan Xime's wedding) jaja
    Thank you!!!!

Stacey · Married on 10/19/2019

The perfect wedding

Marcela and Silvia were absolutely amazing. They took our vision and executed it to perfection. They made us feel like no request was too crazy and that we can trust them. They know how to throw an incredible wedding and also schedule events for your group as well. I highly recommend for anyone looking to get married in Huatulco.

Sent on 11/06/2019

Dear Stacey and Bibi,
    We feel so grateful you let us be part of your beautiful wedding, it was an honor to help you plan and coordinate such an special day! We enjoyed every part of the process.
    We wish you a wonderful life and an incredibly happy marriage.
    Whenever you want to come visit Huatulco, we'll be more than happy to see you!
    Thank you! 😘

Leslie · Married on 10/12/2019

Best wedding planners in Huatulco!

Our experience with Bodas Huatulco was amazing. Marce and her team are efficient, punctual, and will literally make anything happen. We wanted a wagon for our 8 month old daughter to be pulled down the aisle by her cousin (flower girls), and Marce made it happen. We were short a flower arrangement, Marce made it happen. We forgot to tell Marce where the champagne was for our toast, her team ran and grabbed it at the last second. They made our wedding so stress free. If you are looking to get married in Huatulco, you can definitely trust Bodas Huatulco to give you everything you want for your special day.

Sent on 11/05/2019

Dear Leslie and Donovan,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing review! We are so happy we had the opportunity to be part of your dream wedding, it was full of love and joy!
    We wish you the best in your marriage! Remember you have a new home in Huatulco, we hope to see you soon!!
    ❤️

Mariana · Married on 10/05/2019

Best wedding planners ever

Marcela and Silvia made wedding planning a stress-free bliss and left all of my guests speechless with an amazing event! Although I was not very sure about what I wanted my wedding to look like, specially because I had not been to Huatulco before booking the wedding... they both were able to conceptualize every idea I had and made it look so beautiful! As an example, I wanted my wedding colors to be yellow and blue and everybody I talked to seemed kind of iffy about my taste however, the day of the event everything looked so elegant and cohesive thanks to their talent and ability to pin point what their clients are looking for, even when clients like myself are not fully able to describe it. It was everything I wanted it to be and more. Every single aspect of the event, from vendors to decoration and even event times was planned in the most careful and smart and efficient way. They are so talented and made my event look so flawless! I loved every second of working with them, and loved how perfect they made everything look like despite minor inconveniences such as rain throughout my ceremony which turned out to make it even more beautiful! Both are very professional and organized, they will go above and beyond to make your event be worth everything. Do not hesitate in reaching out and contacting them, you won't regret it!

Sent on 11/21/2019

Dear Mariana and Cody,
    Thank you so much for your beautiful review, we were so happy to read it, for us it was a pleasure to meet you and specially that you chose us as your wedding planners, we know how important the day was for you and always try to give our best to make it memorable, we are glad we made it!!!!
    We wish you the best in your marriage, we hope to see you soon back in Huatulco where you have now a home and new family!
    Again, thank you!!!
  • Crystal

Crystal Mercado · Married on 07/14/2019

Great communication and BANG for your buck!

Bodas Hautulco helped us create a wedding beyond what we had imagined. They have a well-oiled system, and a lot of options to make your wedding a special occasion that reflects the couple. They were responsive, easy to communicate with, despite the distance and Skype glitches. They are very reasonably priced, and for what you're getting, it's an amazing deal. There's no way you could get the same wedding in the U.S. for the price you pay. Absolutely beautiful experience.

Sent on 08/05/2019

Dear Crystal and Jordan,
    Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, but specially, thank you for letting us be part of your big day!! It was a pleasure to help you create your amazing wedding, it reflected how fun, romantic and happy couple you are!! We enjoyed both planning and coordinating :)
    We wish you the best in your new marriage, and hope to see you back in Huatulco soon!!!
    Thank you! Love Marce, Silvia and Bodas Huatulco Team
  • Macy

Macy Koontz · Married on 06/08/2019

Professional, Personable, and Perfect

The entire process was so enjoyable with Marcela! She and her team are so amazing! I honestly could not have dreamed of a more magical day! She gave us plenty of options to choose from and when we were stuck she would offer her suggestions that come from years of experience. Her suggestions were what made the day even more special. Her personality is so fantastic and I cannot imagine working with anyone else. We had family coming from Canada and the States and everyone could not stop talking about how perfect the wedding turned out. I cannot thank Marcela and her team enough! I love them all and hope to see them again soon!

Sent on 06/13/2019

Dear Macy and Adam,
    It was wonderful to work with you to plan and coordinate your wedding, it was full of love and good vibes!!
    Thank you for letting us be part of it, we are so happy to read you enjoyed everything because that means we did our job!
    Remember you have a home and new friends in Huatulco, we will love to see you again next September in Guadalajara!!
    Love, Marce and Bodas Huatulco Team
  • Amy

Amy Rose (Barnes) · Married on 02/22/2019

Attentive with high quality vendors on hand. They were able to handle short time frame.

We we're extremely impressed with the highest quality of flowers and arrangements made for our wedding. Silvia was extremely kind and helpful, with all the changes and additions we had last minute. Our Photographer was amazing and made our photos absolutely beautiful and we were so happy!

Sent on 04/17/2019

Hi Amy,
    We are so happy to read your review!! But for us the most important is you liked the services you hired with us!! Thank you for letting us be part of your wedding! We wish you and Mike the best in your marriage! Hope to see you back soon in Huatulco!!
  • Aaron

Aaron Gardner · Married on 02/17/2019

Highly Recommend

Bodas Huatulco did an amazing job helping us plan and execute our destination wedding. They were very gracious hosts while on location, and I would recommend them to anyone getting married in the area.

Sent on 03/27/2019

Dear Aaron and Rachel,
    It was a pleasure to help you plan your wedding in Huatulco, thank you for your trust and for letting us be part of it, we hope you enyojed as much as we did!!
    Remember you have a home in Huatulco, come back soon!!

Mary Lou Lockwood · Married on 01/26/2019

Mrs MacKay

Bodas Huatulco exceeded my expectations. Everything was meticulously planned. They thought of the tiniest detail to complete our special day. The vendors they use are highly professional and again exceeded my expectations.

Sent on 01/29/2019

Hi Mary Lou and Wallace,
    We were so happy to be part of your wedding! We're glad you enjoyed everything as much as we did!! Thank you for trusting in us, and thank you for your wondeful comments!
    Remember you have your home and new friends in Huatulco!
    We wish you the best!!
  • Fernanda

Fernanda Escobar Gonzalez · Married on 01/19/2019

Bodas Huatulco helped us plan our dream wedding!

Marcela and Silvia from Bodas Huatulco helped my husband and I plan the wedding of our dreams!

We knew we wanted to get married in Huatulco, and when I asked a friend that used to live there "who were the best wedding planners in Huatulco?" without hesitation she said "Bodas Huatulco!". After my first video chat with them I knew they were the ones, and I didn't interviewed anybody else.

We lived in the United States, so we needed somebody that we could trust and that we didn't have to be micromanaging. Marcela and Silvia were on top of everything, and made this wedding really easy for us.

Our wedding was beautiful and all of our guests had the most amazing time. One of our guests even said that this was the best wedding she has ever attended...and that is all to them.

Thank you Bodas Huatulco!

Sent on 02/05/2019

Dear Fer and Mason,
    Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! but especially, thank you for trusting in us to help you make your dream wedding come true!
    It was amazing to be part of it!
    We are so happy you and your guests enjoyed your beautiful wedding!
    We wish you all the happiness and love in your marriage. We hope to see you soon in Huatulco!
    Thank you!!

evelina · Married on 01/03/2019

amazzzingg!

Marce is wonderful! Her and her team go above and beyond! She is very detail oriented and honest! I am from Chicago and had my wedding in Huatulco, Mexico. I would constantly send her pictures and ideas and she would quickly get back to me about what was similar or what was possible to do based on my budget and availability in Mexico. She was very responsive. First, we started communicating via email, and at least once a month via Skype. She also responded with WhatsApp constantly. Marce and her team are amazing! i do not know what I would have done without them.

Sent on 02/20/2019

Dear Evelina and Rafal,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment, we are so happy you enjoyed your wedding in Huatulco, and specially, we are truly grateful you let us be part of it!! Your wedding was beautiful, we loved to help you plan every detail and we made a great team!! Thank you!!
    Remember you have now a home and friends in Huatulco! Come back soon!! We wish you the best!! Love,

David Buslawski · Married on 12/01/2018

Truly an unforgettable time!

Marcela and Silvia were exceptionally well prepared and planned everything down to the last detail. We were very satisfied with all their help :)

Sent on 12/25/2018

Hi David!
    Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy and grateful you let us be part of your beautiful and romantic wedding!
    We wish you the best in your marriage!! Remember you have a home and new family in Huatulco!! Thank you!!

Esteli · Married on 05/12/2018

Marcela and Silvia designed our wedding, rehearsal dinner, and post-wedding event beyond our expectations. We got married in May at Las Brisas and they suggested the location ceremony at the secret beach garden, and reception on the beach. The coordination from the first day of their hiring was excellent, fast, and super friendly. We live in CA, and they helped us with everything from afar, they coordinated with makeup artist, photographer and DJ, as well as with my mother and my mother-in-law !! (amazing). Silvia was always super attentive and 100% available by phone and email, she is super helpful, joyful and kind. Marcela had a positive attitude, she always had excellent advice, wedding vision, and the presence of both of them helped with nerves before and the day of the event!
    Both are excellent coordinators. Everything looked great at the wedding and at the rehearsal dinner (in Quinta real, beautiful location) and our guests had a ton of fun! The food and music were on time, as well as other vendors. I recommend Huatulco Weddings for their magnificent work!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Dear Esteli,
    Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, your wedding was so beautiful, we loved working with you and help you plan everything! We are so happy everything was even better than you imagined!! Huatulco is your home now and you are more than welcome everytime you want!! We wish you the best in your new marriage!! Thank you so much for trusting in us!! <3

Nia · Married on 03/11/2018

Words cannot express my gratitude for Marcela and the No.1 staff. My wedding was something out of a magazine! It was the PERFECT wedding and it's all because of them. I came to them with a simple idea and they worked their magic and brought it to life. If you think you don't need a wedding planner, think again and if you think you can go with just any one think again!
    Marcela is a top-notch planner and I am incredibly lucky to have had her help. She always made use feel as though she had everything 100% under control. Trust me, you want this is a planner!! The day of the wedding ran so smoothly. Everything, every person, every moment...

Sent on 04/04/2018

Hi Nia,
    Thank you for your wonderful comments! Your wedding was so full of love and beautiful moments!
    It was a pleassure to be part of it, thank you for trusting us your special day and remember you have a home in Huatulco!
    We wish you all the happiness in your marriage!! <3

Alejandro · Married on 03/10/2018

Are you thinking about a beautiful beach in Mexico??? Huatulco is the perfect place to get married!! If you are planning your wedding at the beach, you will not have a better wedding planner than Bodas Huatulco with Marcela Villasenor and her team!! We were so glad that we hire them to help us plan our beautiful wedding.
    Why Huatulco? This quiet, small, and beautiful beach town is a very safe place. You will experience the authentic Mexican/Oaxaca culture with very charm and friendly people. Everyone knows each other at the town, but mostly they take good care of their clean beaches and streets. The amazing ocean views and excellent weather will make you feel relax and happy.
    Why Bodas Huatulco? Having a wedding planner, it’s a must. When the bride and groom are not familiar with the place, the wedding planner can take care of all the logistics.
    We live in Washington DC, and we handled everything thru emails/skype, and WhatsApp with Marcela and her team. Local people recommended this team. Reading their feedback online, foreign couples were happy with their service. So, we decided to hire them, and we are happy that we did.
    Marcela, Silvia, and Gaby cared about us, made sure we were satisfied with their service, and made us feel special. We were in communication for almost a year, carefully planning, and meeting once a month thru Skype. They listened carefully to the wedding ideas that we had, in order to make our wedding unforgettable. They really did an extraordinary job and we don't have enough words to thank them.

Sent on 03/25/2018

Alex,
    THANK YOU! For choosing Huatulco, and of course for trusting in us! Everything was perfect because you let us help you create the wedding of your dreams, that was the reason everyone loved it!! Thank you for letting us be part of that amazing day! It was a pleasure to work with you! We wish you te best in this new life! See you soon in Huatulco, remember now you have a home and a family here!

Elsa · Married on 03/10/2018

They have a broad selection of vendors/providers to build your wedding from scratch and they are worth the price. Everything you can think of; decorations, music/DJ, flowers, transportation, wedding souvenirs, invitations, food, open bar/drinks, hair and makeup artist, photographer, videographer, etc... the full package! Four months before the wedding we did a site survey. We tasted the food, we did a hair and make-up rehearsal, talked to the vendors (DJ, photographer, videographer), and mostly enjoyed our time there because Huatulco is beautiful!
    Marcela will take you around town to meet the providers and schedule all the necessary meetings. If you arrive 2 - 3 days before the wedding, Bodas Huatulco will make sure you feel comfortable. They have everything ready and fix any potential issue or problem that arises during the preparations.
    During the BIG DAY, Bodas Huatulco will be there side by side since the start of your day. When the Bride and Groom are getting ready, the team is there to help you with anything you might need.
    Bodas Huatulco will always have a special place in our life and hearts. Our family and friends also enjoyed everything with no stress at all.
    Marcela really enjoys her job, she is very professional. And even though organizing a wedding is stressful and a challenging task, she makes you feel stress-free during the process.
    Everything was under control and in perfect timing! A special Thank you to Bodas Huatulco.

Sent on 03/25/2018

Dear Elsa,
    We have no words to thank you for trusting us your amazing Wedding! Thank you for considering every advise and sugestion we had, together we created a wonderful day! It was a pleasure to work with a couple so dedicated and organized like you!! We're really glad you enjoyed every part of it!
    We wish you all the happiness in the world, remember in Huatulco you have a new family we'd love to see you every anniversay!! :)
    Receive an enormous hug from everyone in our team!!

Cody · Married on 10/23/2017

Was your wedding really like you dreamt, or did it exceed your expectations?

Our wedding was more than what we could have dreamt of. It defiantly exceeding our expectations. All the staff were great, and they treated us with the most gratitude. It was absolutely wonderful!!

Was there anything that you would have improved during your event?

Everything went great during the event. It was very hot out so it was nice to make it into a pool party during the dance.

Do you have any suggestions on how we can provide better service?

The service was amazing. Getting picked up at our downtown hotel and able to go try our reception food was so helpful. Marce, Silvia, and Bodas Huatulco Team have all been very helpful.

Would you recommend Weddings Huatulco to your friends?

I would absolutely recommend a wedding in Mexico – I might shy away on telling them about Las Palmas just because I want to keep that to ourselves because it was so great! 

Leah’s Comments:

I feel as though it was something out of a magazine. Never in my life did I imagine we could have such a perfect week and wedding day. Everyone made us feel so welcome and cared for. We are so grateful we found Las Palmas.

Cody’s Comments:

Thank you so much for your time and efforts on making our wedding unbelievable. You were so great to work with and can’t wait to come back to Huatulco to come visit again!!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Bodas Huatulco's reply:

Thank you for letting us be part of your amazing wedding! ❤

Lizeth · Married on 10/20/2017

I loved them! They knew exactly what i wanted and made it happen!

Sent on 12/08/2017

Bodas Huatulco's reply:

Hi Lizeth, thank you so much for your beautiful comments, but specially, thank you for trusting in us! <3 It was a pleasure to help you create your dream wedding :)

Ericka · Married on 09/03/2017

Marcela and her staff were amazing!!! They made everything so easy and made me feel so special. Our wedding was beyond our expectations. I highly recommend Bodas Huatulco for an incredible wedding!

Sent on 09/13/2017

sean · Married on 09/03/2017

We loved Marce!! she was so accomodating and caring; she made us feel very special.

Sent on 09/13/2017

Ashley · Married on 05/27/2017

Bodas Huatulco made planning a wedding Mexico from Ohio stress free. Everything my wife and I had a question about was answered/ taken care of. The vendors Marce used for our wedding were amazing from the photographer to the bartenders/servers. We truly had our dream wedding and we can't thank Marce, Silvia and everyone at Bodas Huatulco enough.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Gregg · Married on 05/27/2017

First, I want to say Huatulco is a BEAUTIFUL place to get married. It's very authentic and has amazing, friendly people, with stunning scenery.

Bodas Huatulco, was absolutely AMAZING! They were the so attentive and kind to us. Marcela and Silvii truly cared about us as people, and wanted our day to be so special. Me and my wife communicated our dream wedding to Marcela over a year and a half of planning and Bodas Huatulco made it better than we could of ever expected. They made our dream a vision, and it was something out of a movie. Not only are they fun people to work with, they are also very professional. When it came down to the actual wedding, they meant business, everything had to be perfect. (which we appreciated).

They provided everything you can think of from decorations, to food, drinks, hair and makeup, photography, videos, etc.... literally the full package. There vendors were all spectacular. Being from America doing a destination wedding we had concerns, but Bodas Huatulco, was always there to assure us everything would be great! Also, food, hair and make-up they provide testing for it all... which is an AMAZING experience as well, makes you feel confident and excited for your BIG DAY......really worth EVERY penny!!!

Bodas Huatulco will always have a special place in our hearts, and will forever and always be apart of our family. We 1000000000% recommend using them as your wedding planner.

Sent on 07/06/2017