Blue Fern Designs Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Rebecca
    Rebecca K. Married on 07/11/2020

Beautiful bouquet!

Jenn was awesome to work with. I needed a bridal bouquet and groom's boutonniere, and I didn't have any specific ideas except for a color scheme and a preference for local, in-season flowers. Jenn had great ideas and helped me figure out exactly what I wanted. She was professional and communicative throughout, including when I had to change the wedding date due to covid. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous - they were perfect! Thank you so much!
  • 2chicksbecome1
    Myla Married on 07/07/2019

Vibrant Beautiful Flowers

If you are looking for a reasonable florist that will source flowers towards the end of the season in the colors of your choosing and create a beautiful bouquet, Jennifer is your person. She was a great communicator and listened to our desires.
  • April
    April Married on 06/01/2019

One of the best parts about my wedding

I reached out to Jenn 6 weeks before my wedding in a panic because the vendor I thought I was going with seriously dropped the ball. She was super responsive and just so helpful and I could not believe the price for what I got. When I got to see my bouquets the morning of my wedding they stopped me in my tracks. I can't believe how gorgeous they were when she had such short notice and for the price. I cannot recommend Blue Fern Designs enough.
  • Kendra
    Kendra Married on 05/25/2019

The perfect experience!

Working with Jenn was the best decision we’ve ever made. Over multiple phone calls and messages she grasped what we were looking for and made our dreams come to life! She even did a custom dog collar for our flower pup and made sure my photo token of my grampa was front and center.
    Excellent communication, high quality work, and an overall lovely person!
  • Caroline
    Caroline Married on 05/10/2019

Beautiful job

I was so happy how all the flower arrangements turned out for my wedding in May. Jenn responded quickly to all my emails and offered beautiful suggestions for the ceremony space. The bouquets were stunning. We received so many compliments about the flowers. Thanks, Jenn!!
  • Dana
    Dana Married on 04/05/2019

Amazing flowers!

My husband and I had Jenn from Blue Fern Design do our flowers for our wedding in May of this year. She did an absolutely incredible job. I had a specific idea of what I wanted for my mine and my bridal parties bouquets and my hairpiece and I provided her with pictures. She was able to create a bouquet and hairpiece that I loved even more than the photo. Prior to the wedding, she created a sample of a bouquet and boutonnière when we went in for a visit to give us an idea of what we would see on the wedding day. Throughout the planning, she was quick to respond to any inquiries and worked with us as we made changes to our numbers and things we wanted included. She even was able to work a piece of my husband's family tartan (from his kilt) into the handle of my bouquet. Overall, it was a wonderful experience working with her and I loved the flowers enough that it was very had to finally throw them away!
    Danielle Married on 09/29/2018
    Jenn was fantastic!!! She made me a flower crown for my hair trial and did an amazing job with the flowers for my wedding day! All the guests and bridal party commented on how beautiful the flowers were (Jenn made flower crowns for me, my flower girls, the bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages for the wedding party, a beautiful tree display for my ceremony site, mason jar hanging florals for my aisle which then became part of my table centerpieces, the florals for my cake, and a floral comb for my reception hairdo.) I would 100% recommend her and use her services again!
    Kaylee Married on 09/08/2018
    Jennifer did my centerpieces and bridal bouquet for my wedding this past Saturday at the Dunegrass. I was pretty vague about what I wanted (neutral flowers and greenery) and just firm on the price I wanted the centerpieces to be under. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing the flowers were. I wasn't expecting anything spectacular given my budget but when I saw them, I started to tear up. They were beautiful and lush with the biggest garden roses I've ever seen. My bouquet was exactly what I envisioned. Everyone complimented them and they were easily my favorite part of the décor. Jennifer didn't question my budget, she did an amazing job (we didn't meet in person once), and was so easy-going/accommodating. I would recommend Jennifer and Blue Fern Designs again and again!
    Karen Married on 09/02/2018

Beautiful flowers for a reasonable price!

Jenn did an amazing job with our flowers. She was so easy to work with and the final product totally exceeded our expectations. When it came to wedding planning, flowers wasn't something we wanted to stress about. We wanted simple but elegant and she totally delivered that, and on a very reasonable budget. The flowers were so beautiful that we didn't want to part with them so we took a few of the bouquets on our honeymoon (a camping trip in Acadia) and used them as decoration in our campsite. Thank you Jenn!
    Donna Married on 08/12/2018
    We were thrilled with the floral work that Jenn did for our daughter's wedding! During our consultation we gave her some general ideas about what we were looking for (in terms of style and colors), but left many of the specific details to her. When we arrived at the venue we couldn't believe how beautiful everything looked. We also felt that her prices were very reasonable. If you are looking for stunning arrangements for your wedding, Jenn is the perfect choice!

Blue Fern Designs's reply:

Thank you Donna, your family was a pleasure to work with, I can't wait to see photos!
    Warm regards,
    Jenn
    Elaine Married on 06/30/2018
    Jenn was incredible to work with! She was accommodating, responsive, and best of all a flower GENIUS. Our flowers were such a hit with our guests that we had them take some home with them after the wedding. She is truly capable of working within any budget (I know because I changed mine multiple times), and produced such beautiful pieces. Even my flower-reluctant now-husband loved them!
    Emily Married on 06/22/2018
    Jenn was a dream to work with! After reaching out to many florists in the Portland area, Jenn was quickest to respond and quickest to offer a working contract. She was considerate to finances, suggesting more inexpensive ways to do things, I really appreciated that! She is down to earth! And oh my gosh did she deliver on the experience. She came to the venue and set up all florals and as I walked down after getting ready, I was in awe, she exceeded my highest hopes for what she would create! I have attached average Joe photos of my gazebo dressing, floral crown and bouquet, they look amazing in these photos and will likely look even more magical in my photographers photos! Thank you Jenn, a thousand times over!

Blue Fern Designs's reply:

I think my favorite was your wheat crown!
    And maybe that bouquet :)
    Cheers,
    Jenn
  • Morgan
    Morgan Married on 06/10/2017
    Bridal floral dreams come true!!! We are so grateful we had Jenn as our florist at our wedding last weekend! Her work was incredible. Everything from my bouquet, to the bridesmaid bouquets, to giving my groom a backup boutonnière (just incase!) to the GORGEOUS centerpieces and floral arch-- it was perfect! She set up everything which was so nice- my bridal party and I could relax the whole wedding morning. Jenn even repurposed our ceremony floral arch to drape over our sweetheart table at the reception so that we could get more use out of the flowers! And she provided vases for the bridesmaid bouquets for use at the reception. She was very accommodating with our budget and stuck to it. Her vision/ quote that we came up with a year ago was perfectly executed on our wedding day. Worth every penny; but I wish I could make the flowers last forever, they were so stunning! Thank you Jenn! Highly recommend Blue Fern Designs!

Blue Fern Designs's reply:

Thank you Morgan for the kind words, you and Ben made it easy :)
    Congratulations and here's to many happy years in your futures!
    Julia Married on 06/03/2017
    Jenn was amazing to work with for my wedding this past June from start to finish. There were many aspects regarding flowers that I was unsure about and my vision was somewhat lacking. Jenn was so helpful in listening to what I was sure about and adding some of her own creative touches. Her prices are reasonable and fair and she was very flexible when there were add ons even weeks before the wedding. I highly recommend Jenn for any event you may have coming up!

Blue Fern Designs's reply:

How can you go wrong with lily of the valley and cream peonies? And the driftwood arbor was the perfect touch!
    Thank you again Julia and best wishes.
    Ana Married on 09/24/2016
    Jen made all my wedding flower dreams a reality! She is an extremely talented florist that creates beautiful bouquets and center pieces. Jen takes the time to get to know your wedding style (theme and visions) and truly brings it all to life with the flowers. I wish I could relive the day over and over again :)

Blue Fern Designs's reply:

Thank you Ana, it was a beautiful fall wedding!
    It was a real pleasure to meet and part of your day :)
  • Jenny
    Jenny Married on 09/10/2016
    UPDATE: Oh my gosh. I cannot say enough AMAZING things about Jennifer. She was outstanding from start to finish, and accommodated my millions of changes and always was so willing to work within our budget (which was a tight one). Our bouquets came out absolutely beautiful and I wish I could have kept it in that exact form forever! The boutonnieres were absolutely perfect too. We asked her to incorporate fishing lures into the boutonnieres which is a pretty odd ask, but she did it flawlessly and they looked incredible. I seriously cannot recommend Jennifer any more, you will not be disappointed! She is seriously a talented professional!

Initial Review: Our wedding hasn't happened yet but I cannot say enough about how helpful and accommodating Jennifer has been. She worked hard to put together bouquets within our budget, with the colors that I wanted. She also deserves extra stars for dealing with my indecisiveness. I asked her to modify all of my bridesmaids bouquets, after we already signed the contract and agreed to everything. She was extremely responsive and helpful and I am so excited for all of our flowers! I know that all of our bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres are going to be absolutely wonderful.

Blue Fern Designs's reply:

I loved the originality of the fishing lures, and I do believe they turned out pretty awesome!
    All the best you two!
    Mandi Married on 07/03/2016
    The florals that Jennifer created for our wedding exceeded our expectations. They were absolutely stunning and we had so many people asking who had done them. Jenn was easy to work with from the very beginning and patiently helped me realize my vision, all while working with a modest budget (for wedding standards at least). Our wedding was in Augusta, Maine; I was planning from Virginia and only had time for one quick face to face meeting with her a few months before. Jenn was always available for calls or emails and even accommodated a last minute request for extra centerpieces. They looked exactly like the pinterest photo I had fallen in love with and I'm so happy we added them :) All of our flowers were gorgeous but I couldn't stop staring at my bouquet and at our arbor garland! Jennifer was at our venue for hours making sure the flowers were just right, and helped us move the ceremony flowers and garland to the reception site so that they could be repurposed. She really went above and beyond and I'm so happy I found her at the beginning of my planning process!

Blue Fern Designs's reply:

Peaches, coral and blues.. loved the colors!
    Everyone at the club was wonderful to work with.
    Cheers!
    Allison Married on 10/03/2015
    My new husband and I cannot thank Blue Fern Designs enough for the gorgeous flower arrangements at our wedding. EVERYONE commented on the colors and uniqueness of our center pieces. Jennifer is easy to talk to and her rapport with her clients is friendly and professional. Jonathan and I will be recommending Blue Fern Designs to all of our friends and family. Thank you to Jennifer and her team for all of the hard work to provide us with our dream wedding. Thank you thank you thank you!!

Blue Fern Designs's reply:

It was my pleasure entirely, wishing you both the best!
    Nicole Married on 09/26/2015
    We aren't from Maine, so after doing a little researching and reviewing recommendations on flowers for our wedding; I thought Blue Fern Designs would be our best fit. Jennifer was extremely quick in response and her ideas; absolutely brilliant! I knew I had made the right decision after hearing what she thought would make a beautiful arrangement for my bridesmaids' and I's bouquets. After months of exchanging emails and me making last minute switches (I'm sorry Jenn!) -- my wedding day came and my jaw dropped when Jennifer presented the bouquets as well as outdoor chair greenery that she had created. They were absolutely breath-taking. If you, or someone you know needs a florist in Maine who can create a floral arrangement perfect for your event -- choose Jennifer. I promise you will be over the moon with the results.
    Jill Married on 07/12/2014
    Jennifer at Blue Fern Designs is incredible. She made beautiful flowers for our wedding and delivered them to our home, the church and the reception on the day of our wedding! We loved Jennifer's designs and her attention to detail. Additionally, she was just so happy for us! We felt completely cared for.
    Jen Married on 06/04/2017
    Jenn was spectacular. She understood the vision for the wedding so well. Though I did my own centerpieces, we needed flowers for the bridesmaids, flower girl and the groomsmen as well as some around the reception. We did a vintage wedding that was mostly dried arrangements. She totally understood what I was looking for and made it come to life. Artichoke blooms for the bridesmaids and thistle for the boys. It looked so effortless! Thank you!
    Belinda Married on 07/18/2015
    The wedding bouquets were beautiful and last minute changes were done quickly and without undue stress.