Barbara Ann Michaels, Jester of the Peace Reviews

Barbara Ann Michaels, Jester of the Peace 3
Barbara Ann Michaels, Jester of the Peace 4
Barbara Ann Michaels, Jester of the Peace 5

Jennifer · Married on 09/21/2013

Barbara was everything we could have hoped for and more as our wedding officiant. From our first meeting on Skype to our real meeting in person the day before the our wedding, we felt connected and as though Barbara was one of our good friends. The time she took with us to write our ceremony, the way she told our story, and her easy going personality made it all perfect. She was great at making suggestions when we felt lost and thought of things that we never would have. All of this made our ceremony more perfect. We both still get tears in our eyes thinking of our day and all the beauty and love of the day, and Barbara really made it that way for us. Our family and friends are still raving about how the ceremony was the best one they have ever been to. We can't speak highly enough of her. We would recommend her to everyone we know.

Sent on 10/02/2013

lesley · Married on 09/21/2013

Barbara Ann Michaels performed my daughter's wedding 3 weeks ago. It was perfect! I had never met Barbara until the wedding weekend and I liked her immediately. She became part of our family. I had friends that asked me how long Barbara had known my daughter since we were all so comfortable with each other.(They only met face to face that weekend). One friend told me that this was the best ceremony that she had ever been to. Barbara told the story of the wedding couple with such joy, passion, and warmth. I can still hear the smile in her voice. Barbara did not use generic pre printed readings. Oh no. Every word was well thought out, clearly spoken, and meaningful. Barbara's ceremony was one of joy and love.

Sent on 10/16/2013

Shannon · Married on 09/14/2013

Barbara was genuine, loving and helpful in many ways. Feeling stuck in writing your vows? She gives great inspiration! We never met Barbara face-to-face until our wedding day. Once we saw her, walking "down the aisle", it was like seeing a long lost family member. Barbara helped to make our day unique, special and memorable. It was light hearted and true to who we are as individuals and now as a married couple.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Steve · Married on 09/13/2013

After being together for over 10 years, my partner (now husband) & I had no doubts that we wanted to get married on our upcoming trip to Manhattan. We were clueless on the details.

We reviewed the web sites and bios of multiple NY officiants just before the trip. Barbara Ann Michaels was one of the first that we reviewed. We were both drawn to the joy for life and positive aura that she radiates. Although we continued to review other officiants, we knew that we had found the right one for us.

Now for the challenge...how do you plan a wedding in a few short weeks for a couple of guys who have no idea what their wedding plans should be? Simple, allow Barbara Ann to perform her magic! She asked us to tell her about aspects of our lives and knew exactly what to ask us to focus in order to create a personalized wedding that was absolutely perfect for us.

We were married at Bethesda Fountain in Central Park. Although none of us set this up, there happened to be a 5 piece string quartet playing at the fountain during the ceremony. Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up" has always been our song to each other. Half-way through the ceremony, the quartet began playing "You Raise Me Up". Again, none of us had requested this. Did I mention that positive aura that Barbara Ann radiates!?

If you want your ceremony to be filled with love and joy, but lower on stress, I highly recommend you work with Barbara Ann Michaels.

Sent on 09/21/2013
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 09/13/2013

We could not have been happier with Barbara. She helped us create a Ceremony as unique and as odd as ourselves. Everyone agreed that it was perfection!

Barbara held our hands (which we needed) the whole time, guiding us and help us find our voices to tell our story. She was responsive, playful, beautiful and fun.

She stayed after the Ceremony and danced the night away, and I heard nothing but amazing things about Barbara from friends and family. One soon to be bride was even offered an extra ear and heart in her creation of a ceremony with another minister!

Her love and joy in what she does shines through. An artist through and through.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Roger · Married on 09/07/2013

My partner and I planned to marry in NYC, traveling from Pennsylvania. When we research officiants, we found Barbara Ann and appreciated the personalized approach that she took to wedding ceremonies and her embracing same-sex marriages. Since we were having guests traveling between 3 and 5 hours (with one person coming from Scotland), we wanted our ceremony to be more than 2-minute "I do's". Barbara Ann did not disappoint. We selected the "weaving wedding." She posed questions about how we met, fell in love and how we expressed our love for one another. We answered some questions together and others separately. She drafted a ceremony that brought our information together to tell our story. We were able to work with her to edit the ceremony based on our impressions. She was helpful in assisting us to find a balance between humor and serious. Although admittedly longer than most ceremonies tend to be (about 22 minutes), our guests found it to not be too long and appreaciated the personalized nature of the ceremony. One of our guests expressed interest in using Barbar Ann for their 25th year vow renewals. Rev. Barbara Ann Michaels will not disappoint you if you work with her honestly to tell your love story.

Sent on 09/22/2013

Michal · Married on 09/01/2013

From my first email with Barbara I knew she was going to be an amazing officiant for my fiancé and I. She has a very caring way about her and made us feel so comfortable talking to her. She was able to grasp exactly what we wanted our ceremony to feel like for our families. She incorporated such special words and sentiments into the ceremony while also keeping it mainly about 'us' and 'our story'. Aside from creating a beautiful ceremony with her words and ideas she also is an incredible speaker. We got married in central party with a group of 65 people. She spoke loudly enough for everyone to hear without a microphone and also with such emotion. It was so lovely to listen to her speak. During my reception many guests came up to me to tell me how great she was. I can't thank her enough for her hard work and caring way. She puts her whole heart into her work and makes you feel as if she's known you forever. She was excellent and helped make our wedding perfect!

Thank you Barbara!

Sent on 09/02/2013

David · Married on 09/01/2013

We had a great time working with Barbara as our officiant. She was engaging and disarming when we were at our most stressed. We had lots of concerns planning an interfaith ceremony and didn't really know where to start. Barbara was clear and concise in providing a blueprint for us to build on, and helped keep the focus on us and our own comfort level. She encouraged us to rely on her to find ideas, reminding us, "Use me to do your research." She brought a fun personality and warm demeanor to planning our ceremony that really helped ease our anxieties.

Sent on 10/06/2013

Tuesday · Married on 08/31/2013

We would recommend anyone who is getting married in New York to book Barbara as their officiant. From the first email with Barbara she was very friendly and helpful. As we travelled from the UK to get married in New York and everything is arranged over the phone and internet it is important to have someone you feel comfortable with and who helps makes the process easy. Throughout the whole process Barbara kept in touch with us and was there for any questions we had.

We had Skype conversations with her, which made us feel like we knew he before we even met. Barbara also had us fill in questionnaires about each other and our relationship and these were then used to create a very personal ceremony. When Barbara sent us the first draft of our vows there was hardly anything to change, as she had captured us and our relationship perfectly.
    Everyone who attended our ceremony said it was the best they had been to and commented on how personal it was, we all laughed and cried in equal measure during it.

Barbara is a lovely, friendly and genuine person who makes you feel at ease on what is the most important (and nervous) day.

Sent on 09/18/2013

Erica · Married on 08/23/2013

Barbara is amazing! Such a wonderful, friendly and warm person whose excitement and love of love is truly palpable throughout the ceremony and planning process. When we first started planning our wedding, truth be told, the ceremony was the furthest from our minds. It was not until we met Barbara that we began to realize how special the ceremony could, and should, be to us and Barbara was amazing to work with. At one point, I had a little trouble writing my part of our ceremony and Barbara was there to speak with me on the phone and help me organize my thoughts. The result was an amazing ceremony that felt both intimate and accessible. So much so, that everyone was asking us how long we had known Barbara and some people commented on how great it was that we had such a good friend that could do the wedding! Barbara made the ceremony the perfect kick off to an amazing night and we cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 10/05/2013

I hope everyone can say they had the most perfect wedding day, and we are no exception! Every element fell exactly, expertly into place, especially our ceremony with officiant, Barbara Ann Michaels.

I could not have asked for more from our experience working with Barbara, from the first moment we spoke on the phone through our wedding day in August 2013.

Following that initial conversation, we were in constant contact, with Barbara asking many questions about our love and life to ensure our wedding ceremony was nothing short of everything we wanted.

I felt confident leading up, then that day, when I saw Barbara- felt like she was more than our officiant, but a friend who knew us both. Our ceremony was sweet and personal and reflected the personalities of me and my husband. So much so that our guests laughed and cried and burst into applause as she announced us husband and wife.

Since our wedding, many guests have remarked that Barbara's unique celebration of us was one of the most touching and lovely they have had the opportunity to experience.

There is no doubt in my mind that Barbara would make that same effort for every couple, and I cannot recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 10/06/2013

Carolyn · Married on 08/10/2013

Simply Joyful
    I am still on cloud 9! Barbara's wedding was romantic and powerful. Her words were so meaningful; I cannot thank her enough for how perfect it all was.
    I would recommend Barbara to anyone who is looking for a wedding that is beyond the ordinary. Her attention to detail and desire for our happiness just made the whole experience even better.

Sent on 08/21/2013

Marva · Married on 07/13/2013

I think my wedding was the best wedding I have ever been to. My ceremony was really a reflection or us and what we mean to each other. I want to thank Barbara Ann for a truly wonderful experience and really beautiful memories. Everyone wanted to know where I found her.

Sent on 08/02/2013

Jose · Married on 06/30/2013

Immediately after Sarah and I finished speaking with Barbara for the first time, we knew that she was the one who was going to be able to do our ceremony exactly as we envisioned it. We were wrong!!! She ADDED more ideas, one better than the other, and we were so pleased with her! Barbara knows what she is doing, and she is very, very good at it. Working with her was easy and pleasant, and she was able to lay down in a few words the most important aspects of our lives together! Coming from different backgorunds and trying to include all this in our wedding cermony was going to be hard, I thought, but Reverend Babs obviously has done this before, and the result of the ceremony was so pleasant. Suffice to say my mother cried, and I have never seen this in my life. I have nothing but positive remarks for her whole work. We included a translator (my sister) and this was more cause for an excellent ceremony!
    She also helped (me, at least) stay so calm as we were standing there, and I was not anxious at all. I did not expect to be as calm! We thank her deeply, as she helped us start our marriage with a wedding ceremony that demonstrated all the love and care I have for Sarah! We are extremely happy with the choice we made, and we most certainly recommend anyone who is looking for an officiant, to chose Barbara. She has to be the best!
    Sweet Cheers in Love and Marriage!

Sent on 07/15/2013

dana · Married on 06/22/2013

Barbara Ann Michaels did an absolutely incredible job with our wedding ceremony. She worked extensively with us on drafts of the ceremony, and was always responsive with creative ideas or suggestions when asked. What we love is that Barbara was able to create our love story into a wedding ceremony that not only could we not forget, but that nobody else could forget either. In fact, a majority of our wedding guests could not wait to meet her after the ceremony to tell her (and of course us) what an amazing ceremony she performed. We 100 percent recommend Barbara to all!!! THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 07/10/2013
  • F

Fiona · Married on 06/22/2013

Barbara really is the perfect officiant. When we began to email with her, we had a ceremony draft from a previous officiant we were working with and we felt it needed help. Barbara breathed personality/life into it. Upon our first meeting, she came prepared with questions and ideas based on the original draft. She repeatedly reminded us that this is our ceremony and it can be ANYTHING we imagine! This concept opened us up to discussing tons and tons of new ideas! We continued to refine our ideas and she put together multiple revisions for us based on our feedback. The result was an engaging, fun, unique and extremely personal ceremony. Our guests were really amazed by it and are still talking about it a month later.

On a personal note, my husband's mother was sick in the hospital before our wedding. When we informed Barbara, she was willing to perform an impromptu ceremony at the hospital just incase and when I asked her how much it would cost, she refused to receive payment for it. I found this to be so remarkably giving and a lovely gesture given how tough the situation was. And when my mother-in-law passed away a month before our wedding, Barbara was incredibly understanding and helped to edit together a beautiful way to honor her spirit during the ceremony.

To sum it all up: Barbara was very responsive and highly creative to make our ceremony very unique. She is a genuine person and I would recommend her to anyone wishing to create a ceremony that will truly show the love you have for one another.

Sent on 07/23/2013

The full story of how we ended up getting married in New York and meeting Barbara is far too long to tell. Sufficed to say, Barbara was the best thing that could have happened to us and saved us from chaos. Our plans were non-existent. We had a licence and Barbara’s number. That was all.

Barbara is a true individual. At first I suspected that she was putting on an act, but after talking for a few minutes I realised she was the real thing. A person who sees the best in everything and everyone and sees the world and everything in it as wondrous and beautiful. And that attitude is infectious.

We wrote a ceremony over Skype and by email. And I don’t know how, but it became perfect. When you talk to Barbara you feel like you are talking to an old friend.

In a little over a day from first talking to Barbara we were married in the Park on Cedar Hill. The ceremony was not what we planned but was, exactly what we hoped it would be. Personal, real and utterly sincere.
    Barbara is everything you hope she will be. And more.

Sent on 07/30/2013

Margaux Matt · Married on 06/15/2013

Barbara is a wonderful and nice person, always smiling and in good mood!
    She is very professional and helped us to make our dream come true!
    Thank you Barbara!

Matt&Margaux

Sent on 07/15/2013

Kevin · Married on 06/01/2013

What can I say about Barbara that hasn't been written before? She was with Christine and I through every step of our wedding planning. Whenever I felt nervous or unsure about something, I would email her and she would get back to me in no time flat; something she didn't have to do...she's not a wedding planner, but she always eased my worries. That said, the day was perfect! Barbara planned our ceremony with us so that it was personal and significant to us. She suggested vows and ceremonies with the ceremony that lifted our day beyond anything we could have ever imagined. The amazing Barbara took what was already the best day of my life and made it a million times better! Without a doubt the best officiant in New York City and just maybe the best person and kindest soul. Much love, Barbara.

Sent on 07/19/2013

Sharon · Married on 05/04/2013

My wife and I had Barbara as our wedding officiant on may 4, 2013 for our wedding in Central Park, NYC. Barbara is the nicest person you ever want to meet, she became a dear friend to us and provided us with the best memories ever! I highly recommend her for your wedding! Please watch our wedding video so you can see for yourself. http://www.hooplaha.com/one-of-a-kind-weddings-sharon-elis-rainbow-themed-wedding/

Sent on 07/19/2013

Amber · Married on 04/27/2013

Barbara did an absolutely AMAZING job officiating my recent wedding. From start to finish, Barbara was professional, warm, enthusiastic and responsive. She helped us taylor our ceremony from start to finish so that it was exactly what we wanted, and worked with us back and forth on numerous drafts, showing endless patience with our edits. She also had some amazing suggestions that really helped make our ceremony unique, including asking our guests to help her pronounce us married (that was so fun!) and helping us figure out how to include my husband's son in the ceremony. I had so many people come up to me after the wedding and tell us that it was the most personal and moving ceremony they had ever heard -- quite a compliment and definitely something we couldn't have pulled off without Barbara's help! She also handled technical difficulties during the ceremony with effortless ease... at one point our microphone cut out and she was able to seamlessly switch to projecting her un-ampliphied voice so even those in the back rows could hear her -- thank goodness, because not everyone can project their voice like that! We are endlessly grateful to Barbara for the great job she did and are so happy we found her. We highly recommend her to anyone looking for a personalized wedding ceremony.

Sent on 05/19/2013

Barbara was fantastic! We were so delighted to work with Barbara as she did our ceremony very persoalized and special.
    Barbara has her own approach, she met with us a couple of months before our weeding to get to know us in person. From the first day she worked with us very closely trying to create ceremony that would be the best for us.
    Barbara has a fun cheerful personality, in the same time she is very professional and always responded to our e-mails and questions right away.
    Thank you again, Barbara for making our day so beautiful and unforgettable!

Sent on 05/03/2013

Barbara is the best! She was such a huge help and her attitude is always loving and positive. Really a great advantage when planing a stressful wedding. She helped us tackle any last minute issues, always with a smile.

Our ceremony was perfect and memorable. All our guests mentioned it as the part of the wedding they liked the best. It really reflected us as a couple.

I completely recommend Barbara to any couple out there who are looking for a really personalized and special ceremony.

Sent on 04/29/2013

Denise · Married on 02/23/2013

I just want to say how extremely pleased both my husband and myself were to have Barbara Michaels as our Wedding Officiant. She went above and beyond what we expected for our ceremony. Everything was absolutely perfect for us! She was extremely compassionate, professional, accomodating for short notice and Barbara made the both of us feel extremely comfortable on this special day. Words used for the ceremony were very unique and nothing we have ever heard used before. We thank her dearly for her ministry and pray that she is used continually to join couples together. She is highly recommended by us. Much Love and great success to her. Mantwan & Denise

Sent on 03/08/2013

Erin · Married on 02/23/2013

If you want a warm, touching, whimsical and PERSONAL ceremony, please look no further. Barbara Ann Michaels is exactly who you are looking for. She crafted a ceremony that was so uniquely US--it truly felt like she had known us for years. We had several people walk up to us after us and tell us it was absolutely the best ceremony they have ever attended. I couldn't have been more pleased with the ceremony and Barbara was an absolute dream to work with. She met with us several times, was very responsive over email, and over all just made us feel extremely comfortable. I can't say enough good things!!

Thank you so much Barbara!!

Sent on 03/19/2013