50 Reviews for Aria

Bride (9)
Bridal Gowns (9)
50 Aria Reviews

I HIGHLY recommend Aria to find your perfect dress for your wedding day! I had my fitting with Joshua and he made it so much fun and made me feel so special when trying on different dresses. Their dresses are beautiful and affordable. I fell in love with the Charlotte dress and knew it was the one I was looking for. They took my measurements that day because, unlike other bridal shops I went to, Aria doesn't have dress sizes! They measure your body and custom make the dress to fit your each and every curve! Plus, no additional fitting fees! Tak, the owner, is fantastic! I did my first and final fitting with him. He was very accommodating and flexible, knowing I had to fly into LA to do my fittings. He is amazing at his craft and made the dress to perfectly hug my curves and make me feel like a beautiful bride. I am definitely so happy I found Aria to make my wedding day even more beautiful and special. Thank you!

Profile Picture Joelle, 12/2/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Bride

AMAZING!!! I got an endless number of compliments on my dress and I knew it was unique! I went to Aria among many other stores in and around LA for my wedding dress. The showroom at Aria is large and comfortable with a great selection. Joshua helped me during my appointment and selected the most beautiful dresses for me to try. Once I found The Dress, the process became even easier! I love that my dress was made to my measurements by a local designer, it made it feel that much more special. I had two easy fittings within the month before my wedding and walked out with the dress after the second one! All alteration costs are included in the upfront cost so there were no surprises. Aria ended up being the most reasonably priced of all the stores I went to and with the best service. I could not have been any happier with the whole process! I would absolutely recommend Aria to any bride looking for the perfect dress!

Profile Picture Lucia, 7/1/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Bride

For two months I looked and looked for a dress in LA and SanFran...I looked horrible in everything thing I tried on. And then I went to Aria. Every dress I tried on during my first visit with Joshua (who is an absolute peach btw) looked so lovely! Tak mixed and matched elements from two different dresses to make my dream dress. Despite all my insecurities about my body, Tak's design made me feel like an ethereal, bohemian, winter princess at my wedding. I love, love, loved the way the organza skirt flowed especially while dancing - it was the absolute perfect length and cut. I can't thank Tak enough for designing one of the most beautiful dresses I have ever worn in my life. When making the decision to either go with Aria or another designer, what was the deciding factor (aside from Tak's beautiful designs) was the fact they do alterations in-house. I absolutely loved coming into the studio for fittings - it is such a beautiful and chic space which sets the tone for the gorgeous sample garments you'll find on the rack. Thank you Aria for making me so happy :)

Profile Picture Rona, 1/2/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Bride

To say that Joe of Aria photography is just a photographer is an understatement. He is an artist. He took our wedding and made it something unforgettable. He didn't take your typical stiff looking shots. He is very creative and used his own style to preserve our special day and all our memories. My husband and I enjoyed working with him. Not only is he an amazing photographer he was also very good at saving the day. If it wasn't for Joe me as the bride would have had a nervous breakdown if he wasn't there to help in my time of crisis. On the day where you're supposed to look your best I had an issue with my hair and all my curls coming out due to the humidity in the air, but without any hesitation Joe assured me everything was under control and showed my Sister in law how to fix my hair. If it wasn't for Joe's patience, understanding, and help who knows what I would have looked like. I enjoyed immensely working with Joe and his wife because they listened to what we wanted and made our wedding day a perfect day to remember. And it's been 6 months since we were married and I love looking at their pictures because it's like reliving our perfect day all over again. Thanks again Joe and Diane.I would definitely recommend Joe of Aria Photography for your wedding especially if you want that personal touch. We can't wait to work with you two in the future on our baby shoot. ??

Profile Picture Kristie, 9/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Photography

I live in New York and I worked with Aria remotely by email and phone. I had a dress budget of $1,000 and figured I would just buy a dress at J. Crew and be done with it. I set off on the hunt for a wedding dress in NYC and visited all sorts of dress shops from J. Crew to Lovely Bride, BHLDN, and even Kleinfeld's. I knew I wanted a classic and simple looking dress with straps, nothing with too much bling, and nothing trendy or too sexy. While I liked the look and price tag of dresses at J. Crew, I quickly realized that this low cost meant lower quality and that the gowns did not seem substantial or special enough for a wedding. Everywhere else I went I was discouraged by high price tags and the lack of dresses that fit my personal style. I kept thinking about the "Grace" dress from Aria that had caught my eye on Pinterest a few months back. I reached out to Aria by email and Dean was very helpful. He sent me a sample size to try on at home and I knew this was the dress for me. Even though it seemed crazy to order my dress online, I sent over my measurements by fax and my dress arrived two months later. I ordered a half size larger than usual since I couldn't be measured in person and had the dress taken in and bustled here in New York. I ordered the dress in the stock fabric, a beautiful white raw silk, and customized the bottom with a chapel length train. The dress was beautifully made with a nice lining and thick quality material, substantial without being too hot for a summer wedding. I ended up spending a bit more than $1,000 for my Aria dress, but for the beautiful design, quality and customization it was well worth the price!

Profile Picture User6938961, 1+ year ago, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Bride

From the first visit to the last, I always felt so special and comfortable at Aria. They went above and beyond to ensure that my dress was perfect and that I looked beautiful in it on my wedding day. All of the alterations and customizations are included in the price you pay. For me, that meant lots of extra boning for my larger chest. The designer Tak even ordered me silk ribbon from Japan to use as a sash (and didn't charge me for it!).

Their prices are incredibly reasonable; for the same amount as other commercial dress shops, I received a custom, breathtaking dress with all the alterations, made right here in LA. After searching for months and months, Aria was the last store I visited and the search was over.

No one ever tried to pressure me to purchase anything. In fact, during my first visit, I told him that the dress was the One, but he encouraged me to go home and think about it for a while. After 2 weeks of not being able to get the dress out of my mind, I emailed Tak and told him I needed the dress.

The way Aria works is that you can choose the perfect top and your favorite bottom and they will "Frankenstein" the dress to work for you. I loved the romantic top of the Virginia dress, but wanted a bit more volume on the bottom, so I chose the skirt of the Catherine dress which also had pockets (win-win).

On my wedding day, I felt like a goddess and the compliments from my guests were endless. Tak and his team made my dress shopping and fitting better than I could have imagined and I would recommend them to everyone.

Profile Picture Christina, 6/11/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Bride

I choose Aria for my wedding dress and lets just say it was the best decision! I worked with Tak from day one, he and the rest of the Aria team were quick to respond to my emails and were flexible with setting appointment dates. Aria was my first bridal shop, but I did go to other salons before pulling the trigger. I fell in love with two of their dresses and Tak assured me that they could create my own vision out of their two dresses (top of one and bottom of another). I was hesitant to purchase a dress I technically have never seen/tried on, but I'm so glad I took the chance. Tak was so amazing, he worked within my budget concerns in creating my CUSTOM dream dress. I was so wowed by the final product!! I could not of been happier with my dress. Their pricing seems a little high, but that includes all alterations, which could of been hundreds of dollars in the end, so it was well worth every penny because there were no "hidden charges". I can not say enough great things about Tak, my experience with him in comparison to the other wedding dress consultants was far above and beyond. He doesn't want to just sell you a dress for a sale, I truly felt like he cared about every detail I wanted and he wanted to find the right dress for me. LOVE LOVE LOVE Aria and I would recommend them to any bride!

Profile Picture Taylor, 5/30/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Bride

I was absolutely thrilled with my dress! I went in looking for a specific style which I tried on. Tak had me try on something different just for fun. I cried! I don't cry but I cried because it was absolutely perfect! Tak is so talented and really has a really good eye for what looks good on your body type. I would recommend Aria to anyone who is looking for the perfect wedding dress.

Profile Picture Corinna, 4/30/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Bride

Why anyone would go anywhere else to get their wedding dress- I do not know. Seriously, I cannot recommend designer, Tak Hau, enough.

I looked through dozens of wedding dress magazines, but I didn't find anything I was totally "in love" with until I stumbled across Aria's webpage. Thanks Buzzfeed! Tak was a designer in one of their videos.

Anyway, I go into his shop, pre-bridezilla mode, and was like "I love this dress, but would love it even more if you made a few adjustments for me." omg such a diva i know. but seriously, when you're trying to find that perfect dress, us girls be crazy.

Even after possibly insulting the designer with my diva-ish comment, Tak not only agreed but drew me a custom sketch on the spot. I definitely took it down two notches and let him do his thing. Basically, I got a custom-made dress for my wedding day because Tak is awesome. Not only did I get my dress, I decided to do a custom train and veil- all of course, with Tak's guidance.

First fitting, second fitting turnaround time is really quick. His seamstress is also amazing. Everything fit perfectly.

Tak Hau is truly gifted at what he does. He will work with you until you are completely satisfied with your dress. Do not look anywhere else for a wedding dress. You will only waste your time.

Profile Picture Kirstin, 10/17/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Bride

I am so happy that I found an amazing local designer who makes the most beautiful wedding dresses, all made in the USA! Thank you Tak for making me into a beautiful bride!! I LOVED my dress and received so many compliments on it on my big day! I loved that you were so easy and fun to work with. I highly recommend Aria and only wish Tak would expand beyond wedding dresses so I can go back for more. Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Teni, 8/8/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

After six different bridal shops, I just couldn't find the dress that was right for me, and I realized I needed a custom dress. Tak made me the most perfect dress that I hadn't even imagined. He worked with me on ideas that I liked... simple, satin, deep v-neck, show off my back... and turned it into perfection. He knows exactly how to dress a woman for her body and helped me feel amazingly beautiful on my wedding day. My dress was perfect and I felt stunning. He helped me choose my accessories, too. His eye for style and taste is impeccable. He was so professional to work with, too, providing swatches when I needed them, and always responding to emails quickly. The dresses at Aria, both custom and not, are also extremely well priced while making no sacrifices on beauty or quality. I never imagined I would end up with a custom wedding gown, but I am so happy that I did.

Profile Picture Laura, 7/4/15, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Bride

Tak is seriously such an amazing designer and person. I was able to design with him the exact gown that I wanted and because he built it to my measurements, it fit perfectly on my first fitting. It was beautiful and perfect and I loved every second I got to wear it. He is so easy to work with and his craftsmanship is outstanding. He also made me a regular navy gown for other events and I constantly receive compliments on it. If you live in LA, you need to visit his boutique, you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Ani, 6/13/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My bridesmaids looked absolutely amazing on our wedding day. When the dresses first arrived they were packaged so neatly. I got phone call after phone call about how they felt so glamourous in their dresses. I love the flexibility they leave you to design your dresses. The dresses arrived 3 weeks before the estimated date which was exciting and relieved stress! Excellent customer service and product!

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Thank you so much for the great customer service and beautiful dress you provided me with!

Profile Picture User3894667, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I love the bridesmaids dresses that I ordered from Aria. I think they are a little overpriced, but that is kind of the way things are in the bridal industry....not sure it is Aria's fault. They are probably just meeting competitor pricing.

Profile Picture User3016962, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
3.8

Process of sizing, purchasing and picking up bridesmaid dresses was a breeze! Dresses looking great; HOWEVER, the day of the wedding when the dressed would get wet or when the girls would sweat the wet mark would stay. Did not dry up. When one of the bridesmaid went to get her dress dry cleaned to wear to another wedding, the dry cleaners said the material was defected. There was no way to get the stains out. I have quite a few pictures of the girls dancing during the reception and their water/drink stains were very noticeable.

Profile Picture Michelle, 5/25/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I got a great deal & they did the perfect job altering my dress.

Profile Picture User2717899, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
4.2

THIS IS A REVIEW FOR THE ONLINE ORDERING SERVICE. We purchased my bridal gown and my sister's bridesmaid dress from Aria online. The home try-on program was awesome -- it was so easy, and it made the dress process fun. Once we ordered our dresses and accessories (two sashes), we received prompt confirmation. The dresses arrived in plenty of time (we only had a 4-month window), and we were really pleased with the quality.

I have one big complaint with Aria. I selected a bridesmaid dress as my wedding dress because I had a very simple beach wedding and the style I loved was not included in the bridal section. I was shocked and appalled to discover that ordering that same exact bridesmaid dress in white more than doubled the price of the dress! I realize this type of price inflation is not exclusive to Aria, but this pricing method seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I recommend this vendor as a bridesmaid dress vendor, but proceed with caution if you are considering a bridal gown or any dress in white.

Profile Picture Katie, 12/21/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I chose Aria for my bridesmaid dresses, because I wanted my girls to be able to wear a dress that they felt comfortable and beautiful in and Aria delivered. My four bridesmaids chose three different dresses, all of which flattered their body type perfectly. The dark red silk shantung was perfect for my fall wedding and the fact that we could get 100% silk dresses for an affordable price was probably the best part. The dresses are all made in the USA, which wasn't necessary, but it was nice to support a business here at home. We also got matching ties for the groomsmen and they all looked very sharp. I would definitely recommend Aria for the quality of the product and the broad range of options available. Really beautiful.

Profile Picture Shana, 10/9/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I ordered Bridesmaid and Flower Girl dress from Aria. We had to make an appointment, but that turned out to be a good thing because we really liked the one-on-one attention when you get when visit the showroom. I looked through the dresses online first so I had an idea what I wanted. When we visited the showroom we were able to try on the various styles to find the most flattering one and confirm the color choice. We also used the try on at home program to confirm the size since my MOH lives far away and lost weight after our visit to the showroom. They had so many options to customize the dresses; I was able to get exactly what I was looking for. Also the dresses arrived a week ahead of schedule!

Profile Picture G, 9/3/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

This turned out to be the PERFECT choice for my ladies of honor. With 3 being out of state, Aria Dress was very flexible. Ariana, was the GREATEST! She took good care of my girl's and I and even responded to my late night emails.

The color of the dresses were AMAZING! Absolutely no headache or stress at all with this vendor. Oh, I also forgot to mention that my decision to go with this vendor was last minute and they even worked with me on the rush order. Everyone received their dresses well before they thought they would.

Profile Picture Tomeekha, 7/8/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Ordered my wedding gown online. Asked for a rush order and it came in a few weeks. The immediately called to confirm my order after I faxed it in. Quality was great for the cost (this was before the prices were raised so my gown was $300) The color was not quite the same as the image online but photographed the same? Fit true to their online measurements. For Canadian shoppers..... customs fees were about $80.

Profile Picture User1142304, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My guests and bridesmaids loved their dresses, and I got so many compliments that they were the best they've ever seen. Two of my bridesmaids have indeed worn them again, and plan on wearing them more than twice! I was very happy with the service, selection, and quality- don't think twice about buying your bridesmaid dresses here!

Profile Picture Elisabeth, 12/30/10, 9 Reviews
4.3

Aria Dress specializes in bridesmaids dresses, but they also have bridal gowns. I opted to have a colored wedding dress and actually basically just bought a bridesmaids dress. The dress was beautiful.

I had ordered a dress through them for a friends wedding a few months prior to ordering my own wedding dress though them and a consistent problem between the two dresses was the zipper sticks pretty badly. Also, they do take quite some time to prepare and ship you you dress, so be sure to order them in advance. There are only 3 locations in the country you can go try dresses on, and you have to mail in your order.

The sizing is fairly wonky... my advice, order big... you can always take the dress in, but most of the fabrics are not ones you can let out.

All in all, if i could go back I wouldn't have ordered my wedding dress through them, but for sure, they are PERFECT for bridesmaids. Much prettier designs than you'll see other places.

An upside was we were able to order my husbands tie through them as well so it was a perfect color match to my own dress.

Profile Picture Amanda, 12/28/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I got my bridesmaid dresses at Aria because they have a huge selection of styles. I wanted to allow my friends to choose their own style because they are shaped very differently and it worked out perfectly. We got a lot of compliments on the dresses.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 11/6/10, 4 Reviews