Amanda D'Andrea Hair Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Mollie M. Married on 10/24/2021

Amanda is the best!

Amanda and her team are the best of the best! I had a large bridal party (14 people total) and Amanda worked so efficiently with her team to ensure we were all ready with time to spare! Everyone's hair looked amazing. In addition to her talented hair styling skills, Amanda is also the sweetest person ever! So helpful and easy to work with. Thank you Amanda!!
  • Meredith
    Meredith M. Married on 07/22/2021

Amanda is the best!!

Amanda is an exceptional hair stylist! She and her assistant were patient, accommodating, and professional with my bridal party and me this past July. Amanda's warm personality and amazing talent made us feel so beautiful and confident. We all got the perfect hairstyles we envisioned! I highly recommend Amanda for your wedding day! She's the best!
    Allyson Married on 04/10/2021

Just hire Amanda!

Amanda was the perfect choice to do our hair for my wedding. The trial was super collaborative and fun and her energy and positivity makes her so much fun to be around. She made every girl and the moms feel beautiful and like themselves. Thank you so much!!!!
  • Allison
    Allison W. Married on 05/01/2020

Perfection!

I got very lucky with Amanda for our wedding which was rescheduled twice. (The original stylist was giving birth on the third date.) What a gift. She is beyond talented. I wanted to wear my hair down with big volume, but totally fearful of fallen, sad locks halfway through. It was misting on and off all day, yet my hair held. (Definitely recommend the touch ups after pictures). Each girl asked for a different style: Mohawk updo, Jersey housewife half pony, big blowout, my mom who couldn’t even decide… on and on. Amanda knocked it out of the park! She’s wildly talented and will make your hair dreams come true!

Amanda D'Andrea Hair's reply:

Awe! Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm so happy I was able to help and spend the day working with you! You all were beautiful inside and out! Congratulations!! XOXO
  • Gabby
    Gabby Married on 09/21/2019

Highly Recommend!

Amanda is truly the best! I could not have been happier with her hair services for my wedding. We talked through different hair styles during my trial and she was able to create exactly what I was envisioning. She also gave suggestions after feeling my hair from her experience. She was so accommodating and even let my mom have a trial as well. She arrived on time the morning of the wedding and kept everyone on schedule making sure she had more than enough time for each girl (all 8 of us!). My hair stayed in place all night and I received so many compliments! I highly recommend Amanda for your wedding or any special occasion!
  • Anjali
    Anjali S. Married on 09/07/2019

Beth was amazing!

Beth did my hair, my sisters and my mum for my wedding. She did an incredible job with two fishtailing braids for me and did great hair for my sisters and my mother who is so hard to please. I highly recommend both Amanda and Beth! Thank you again and can't wait for pics of just my hair to share!
    Sarah Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing Hair Styling by Gia

Gia did my hair and my bridal party's hair for my wedding in May and she did an incredible job. Both Amanda and Gia were friendly and professional from the beginning. When I first contacted Amanda for information, I immediately received photos of Gia's prior hair stylings, which was very helpful for making my decision. At my hair trial, I showed Gia a few pictures of updos that I liked, but was nervous they may not work for my shorter hair. However, Gia made my updo look the same as the photos and made sure I was happy with the style. On my wedding day, several of my bridesmaids (but not all) were interested in similar updo styles--Gia did all of their hair within that style, but with small variations to keep it different. Overall, I would highly recommend Gia!
    Samantha Married on 03/30/2019

Love Amanda!

Amanda was so wonderful to work with from my trial to my wedding day. Everyone could not have been happier with their hair. She is incredibly talented and as the bride I could not have loved my hair more. She made everyone look and feel so beautiful.
    Stephanie Married on 02/23/2019

Movie Star Hair all the way until Brunch!

I was recommended to Amanda through my makeup artist and I immediately liked her work online. Speaking with Amanda prior to booking and completing a hair trial made me feel that I was in great hands for my wedding day. Amanda is incredibly professional and talented and has a really warm personality.

At my trial, she was so accommodating to continue trying out looks until I was happy. I didn’t feel pressured at all – I knew that she wasn’t going to let me settle for anything less than feeling gorgeous. I thought I had originally wanted one hairstyle but she could tell it wasn’t exactly right for the vision I was describing to her. Since I was open to suggestions I was extremely grateful to have someone who understood what I was trying to achieve and knew how to make my vision come to life. I felt like a movie star!

On the big day Amanda was a joy to be around. I didn’t really think about this tip in advance, but having my makeup and hair stylist know each other in advance was key for me and something every bride should consider.

My hair style stayed intact until brunch the next day – thank you Amanda!
    Jennifer B. Married on 11/18/2018

Hair Magic

I had a very specific idea of what I wanted my hair to look like for the wedding. I chose the half up, half down (mostly down) style for my wedding because it was closest to how I would normally wear my hair just magnified. I had other hair trials before coming to Amanda and I was growing frustrated by how my naturally voluminous hair fell flat in the hands of others. Then came Amanda. First, I absolutely love her studio it had such a homey feel to it. As soon as I met Amanda I had a great feeling about her. She was incredibly warm and had the absolute biggest smile on her face. I was nervous to show her the picture of what I was hoping for while she was getting used to my hair and she took one look and said she'd be able to make it happen while my confidence skyrocketed. Conversation came with ease with Amanda. She is so down to earth and just a joy to be around. When I saw what she did with my hair I was ecstatic. I'm big on volume and it was exactly what I wanted. It was better than the photo! Amanda knows hair so well. She even gave me some advice on what to use for my hair for daily maintenance. On the wedding day Amanda somehow did an even better job with my hair, it was absolutely perfect. No one could believe it was my real hair, no extensions and everyone just adored what Amanda did with it! Not to mention she also worked on my mom and my bridal party all of which were thrilled with her. She helped to make the bridal suite a fun place to be and she made me feel so beautiful! Amanda is the best, you definitely want her for your big day!
    Julie Married on 07/28/2018
    Amanda was amazing! She was incredibly patient and accommodating at my hair trial and on the wedding day. I was indecisive and had no idea what I wanted to do with my hair. Amanda looked at my dress and guided me towards a hair style that matched my personality and also the dress. I had a large bridal party and she worked quickly, while also making time to do touch ups and changes to girls' hair throughout the day. Everyone's hair looked great!
    Kaitlin Married on 06/16/2018
    For all of you brides looking for a great hair stylist - book Amanda ASAP! I used Amanda for our wedding this past June and she was fantastic. My bridesmaids and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience and I would highly recommend her for anyone booking their wedding weekend Hair and Make-Up. For make-up we used Beke Beau who Amanda frequently works with and everything was very organized and fun. Would highly recommend!
  • Lizzie
    Lizzie Married on 12/27/2017
    Booking Amanda as your wedding hair stylist is the best choice that any bride can make!! The moment I met Amanda I was completely captivated by her bubbly and sweet personality. She's the kind of person that you WANT by your side on your wedding day: calming, kind and so so so talented!

Amanda was recommended to me by my makeup artist, Beke Beau, who raved about her, and couldn't have been more right! When I first met Amanda for my hair trial, she put my bridal nerves completely at ease. As someone who usually has a really hard time saying when I don't like something, Amanda made me feel 100% comfortable asking for tweaks and adjustment through out the appointment. She continuously worked on my style (I'm a very picky person!) until I was totally in love.

Leading up to the wedding Amanda was completely available to answer questions/concerns and always such a joy to chat with. The day of the wedding Amanda did my hair + 6 other ladies in my wedding party. She was such a wonderful energy to have in the room and my girls LOVED her. She was so professional, punctual, quick and an absolute miracle-worker!! It was such a joy to see her in her element and watch her work her magic. My girls looked stunning and I feel the prettiest I had ever felt.

Amanda 100% channeled my vision for how I dreamed of looking on my wedding day, and did the same for the rest of my bridal party. DEFINITELY BOOK AMANDA FOR YOUR WEDDING, GUYS! I hope to use her again for future festivities :)
  • O
    Olivia Married on 11/17/2017
    Amanda did my hair for my city hall wedding in NYC and I couldn't have been more pleased!! I scheduled my trial appointment with ease and she was so easy to work with. I brought a photo of what I was looking for and she gave me the exact look I wanted. I was really impressed by how fast she works and her high quality work. So talented! On the day of the wedding I had absolutely no worries that I was going to look and feel my best, because of Amanda's talent and expertise. I would highly recommend Amanda for your big day!
    Kristin Married on 08/12/2017
    Amanda is truly incredible. She did the hair for 8 of us on my wedding day in August. She works so quickly but is precise and listens to her clients. I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted and she went through three different looks during my trial. Everyone's updos stayed in place throughout a humid summer day. She is pleasant and laid back, exactly the kind of person that you want to be around on such a special day. She worked well with the makeup artists and had everyone ready before the photographer arrived.
    Jenni Married on 07/21/2017
    Amanda is the absolute best ! Super talented and I would highly recommend her !
    Amanda Married on 09/18/2016
    Amanda and her assistant were amazing the day of. When I met Amanda, I knew she was the one for the job. I had 12 bridesmaids and other family members that wanted to get their hair done and she accomplished this in less than 4 hours and everyone's hair came out perfect. I was really impressed by her skills and her talent. I really loved my hair and was so happy with the end result. She was a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend her.
    Elizabeth Married on 08/13/2016
    Amanda is a truly incredible hairstylist. She did the hair for 13 of us on my wedding day, ranging in age from the flower girls to the mothers. She had everyone looking phenomenal and executed beautiful updos that stayed in place throughout one of the most hot and humid days of summer. She is kind and laid back, exactly the kind of person that is fun to be around on your wedding day. She is clearly an expert at wedding hair and kept everyone on schedule, even having us ready on the early side. Thank you Amanda!
    Heidi Married on 03/30/2016
    Amanda created a beautiful style for my wedding day. From my trial to my wedding day hair style, I loved it all. She took into consideration the weather and suggested certain styles from her experience. My hair stayed in place all day and night. She arrived on time with an assistant and was able to style everyone's hair, 10 girls, in less than 4 hours. She was absolutely amazing and I would recommend her to every bride!
    Sara Married on 05/30/2015
    Amanda is amazing! She did hair for 7 bridesmaids, my mother, and myself at my May wedding in Center City — and everyone was thrilled! She is so creative and talented with her styles. I had gone for a trial a few months before the date and decided on a style, but had a change of heart the day of. Amanda re-did my hair several times until it was perfect. She was so patient and calm and if she was at all frustrated with my “bridezilla” moment, it didn’t show. All of the bridesmaids looked fabulous — and all of their styles were unique which was nice. I would 100% recommend Amanda to anyone in the Philly area looking for a wonderful stylist!
  • User1467784 2+ years ago
    Working with Amanda and her junior stylist Sarah Laporta was one of the best choices we could have made for our wedding. As Amanda was unavailable, she introduced Sarah and we hit it off right away. Sarah was a wonderful addition to have while getting ready - she kept me calm, made me laugh, and fit in so well with my family and friends - it was like an old friend was doing my hair.

Hair lasted ALL night for all of the girls - we could NOT have been happier!
    Jacqueline Married on 11/02/2013
    Amanda was amazing to work with on my wedding day! She made me feel so comfortable and listened to my vision. Everyone in my bridal party looked great and she made sure I felt perfect before leaving. I was more than happy with Amanda - she was the perfect choice!
  • Jaimie
    Jaimie Married on 10/19/2013
    Amanda is awesome at what she does. I had my hair done by her for a few weddings I was in and always knew I wanted to use her for my Big day. She is so talented and so easy to work with! She's always smiling and can make any hair style come to life! Her sister Diana is also a pleasure to work with! I highly recommend Amanda for your big day or special event! She is simply the best!!!!
  • User1428105 2+ years ago
    Amanda's work is absolutely magical. She is so incredibly talented and fun to work with. If I could have her do my hair every day I would. Rest assured I will go to her for any event in the future, she is INCREDIBLE.
    Ariel Married on 08/16/2013
    I could not have been any happier with my hair on my wedding day! Each and every one of my bridesmaids looked like knockouts and they were all so happy with their hair. Amanda and her assistant got me, my mom, mother-in-law and 8 bridesmaids (11 people!) ready with time to spare! Her styles were modern and classiic and she was able to make each girl look their best. It was great not having to worry about the hair details that day, she showed up early and everything went so smoothly! I HIGHLY recommend Amanda D'Andrea hair for your wedding day!