ALC Wedding Photography Reviews

ALC Wedding Photography 5
ALC Wedding Photography 6
ALC Wedding Photography 7

Haley · Married on 05/18/2018

Alex was absolutely wonderful!! I could have not asked for a better photographer. Alex was so easy to work with from meeting with her to the payments to the day of. The whole process was smooth and easy. Being an out of state bride she made the experience so wonderful even helping and answer questions about the best places to eat and visit while down there the week before. She always answers in a timely fashion and I never felt like I was bothering her. She knew all the best places to go to capture the best shots. Overall I would recommend Alex to anyone who needed a photographer in OBX.

Sent on 06/27/2018

Jennifer · Married on 11/10/2017

Alex Couey is amazing!! When I met her at the OBX Wedding Expo, I knew she was the photographer for me and my (now) husband. She was so easy to talk to and I knew I would feel 100% comfortable taking photos with her, which was important to me as someone who feels awkward in front of the camera. We had such a fun engagement session, which was a great ice breaker before the big day. Alex was always easy to get in touch with throughout the whole process. On the wedding day, she was great about getting a photo of me with all of the important people in my life. The photos turned out absolutely beautiful and I couldn't have asked for more! I highly recommend Alex!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Shannon · Married on 09/23/2017

We absolutely loved having Alex as our wedding photographer. She made it seem so effortless and easy capturing our special moments! I met her at the wedding expo and knew right away she was the photographer for us. So easy to get along with and she really helped me with wedding time line and what we needed to complete, when in order to get the best shots with the sunset. I recommend Alex 100% to anyone, she was wonderful!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/16/2017

Alex was amazing to work with. She made Andrew and I feel comfortable right off the bat. We had an so much fun having a Trash the Dress photo session, and Alex and Meredith were fantastic on our wedding day. Honestly, I sometimes forgot they were there! I’ve attended some weddings where photographers / videographers are very obtrusive and really stand out. That was not the case at all at our wedding! They worked really well together and got right in with our guests. Alex went above an beyond, even assisting me with my corset wedding gown. I highly recommend ALC Photography!

Sent on 09/29/2017
    ALC Wedding Photography 14
    ALC Wedding Photography 15
    ALC Wedding Photography 16

christina · Married on 09/15/2017

So I kind of hit the Jack Pot when my mom found Alex...We spent the day talking to lots of photographers but my mom kept saying " I don't know I just really liked that Alex girl she seemed genuine." low and behold obviously I chose Alex! From always responding in a quick manner to stepping up when our wedding kind of seemed like it was about to lose any form of flow she was not JUST a photographer she helped me plan things since I did not live in the area and gave me some inside tips since she was a true obx girl she was a listening ear when this bride needed to vent and knew how to make some of our craziness not seem AS crazy. I'm not sure at which point she went from our wedding photographer to becoming a friend so easily but I am so glad my mom pushed for her genuine personality because in such a crazy time in any brides life having her be her true self was best of all! (not to mention my husbands camera shy and she got so many great shots of him) I love Alex and would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 12/30/2017
    ALC Wedding Photography 17
    ALC Wedding Photography 18
    ALC Wedding Photography 19
    ALC Wedding Photography 20

Deborah · Married on 06/24/2017

Alex is so great! Her work is amazing and she definitely made us look great on our wedding day. She was very respectful of our church's photography policy and worked well with everyone involved. Loved her and would hire her again!

Sent on 11/16/2017
    ALC Wedding Photography 21
    ALC Wedding Photography 22

Julie · Married on 06/11/2017

Absolutely loved Alex and all the amazing photos she took at our beach wedding! We met Alex at the bridal expo, and were immediately impressed with her work and fun personality. She was awesome day of wedding, and took amazing wedding photos. I highly recommend her for any of your photo needs!

Sent on 12/30/2017

laureen · Married on 09/20/2016

My husband and I are from NJ, and it was hard finding vendors so far away. After my first email exchange with Alex I knew she was perfect. Alex is amazing, funny, and knows exactly how to think on her feet. It absolutely poured on our wedding day. She jumped in, made things run smoothly, and the pictures came out amazing. She also did a great job of boosting mine and my husband's confidence as neither one of us like taking lots of pictures. I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 12/23/2016

Krista · Married on 09/16/2016

My Husband and I are from Ohio, so it was a little difficult planning our wedding that was taking place in Corolla. I had looked over WeddingWire and contacted a few of the photographers in the area. Alex responded promptly with such a personable email, asking about the wedding details, and our engagement. Just through the few emails we had sent it felt like I had already known her for years!

We hadn't made a final decision until we took the trip down in January to go to the Expo and met with Alex. She was so wonderful to talk with and was so professional, but also just down-to-earth and fun. She met with us after the expo at a coffee shop and we were able to discuss all the details. She gave lots of advice, not only about the photography, but also about the area, wedding details and other vendors to use.

Cut to our wedding day, Alex was amazing! She made us feel comfortable and relaxed while taking pictures, and had lots of ways to get us to smile naturally and not feel stiff and awkward. It's been a few months since the wedding, and I am thrilled to say I have hundreds of beautiful photos to remember and cherish that day forever!

Sent on 12/15/2016
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 09/02/2016

I booked Alex earlier this year for my wedding in 2016. We have just worked together so far for the engagement shoot. So far working with Alex has been absolutely amazing! She is responsive, super professional (my fiance and I tend to be very goofy, and she took it like a champ and we just meshed so well together!). To say she is flexible is an understatement. It was scattered thunderstroms the entire day of our engagement shoot. We switched out times like 3 times, and always made it work. I am looking forward to my wedding more than anything, and am really excited to work more with Alex!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Kaitlin · Married on 08/05/2016

Alex was AMAZING. Period. Being from out of state (PA) and already having a little girl on my every hand and foot, it was interesting planning a wedding! After searching and searching, my husband-to-be and soon to be mother-in-law came across Alex's website. Her pictures were awesome, as were her reviews. She was super relaxed but also very professional and knew exactly what she was doing, and that made me a lot less tense. The day of our wedding was awesome - I just listened to Alex with the poses and she even helped fix my hair (which was falling out as I made my way to the alter, and also falling out during pictures). If the only part you read of this review is the last sentence, go for it: If you want an wonderful photographer, go with Alex. :)

Sent on 10/26/2016

Brittany · Married on 07/15/2016

You can't go wrong with Alex! She's great to work with and you will LOVE your pictures!

Sent on 12/16/2016

I heard people say to make sure your photographer's personality and your's mesh well, and I didn't realize how true this was until I met Alex! I absolutely love Alex! I met her at expo and she did both our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures and I feel like she's been my lifelong best friend - thats how awesome she is! She was a blast to work with! Before Alex I hated pictures, I couldn't pose (well okay I still can't without a billion directions from her) and if anyone tried to get me to pose I always just ended up looking ridiculously awkward but somehow Alex made our pictures look incredible! The first picture she showed me from our engagement shoot I didn't even realize it was my fiance and me until like 5 seconds after staring at it and thinking how awesome of a picture it was - at that point I hadn't yet realized how someone as talented as Alex can make even ordinary people look oh so amazing! She was also a lifesaver during the wedding - hurrying things along, making sure I was ready on time, (politely) telling my family to get things done before it started to downpour, and making sure it all rolled smoothly! We got married at the Pier House and I'm just so glad we used a photographer that was so accustomed to shooting there! I realized how important it is to choose vendors that work together all the time (like Alex) - you get a much better end product! I also ended up choosing Alex because she releases the photo rights to you so you don't have to choose which pictures you want. I know when my older sister got married that was one of the most stressful things for her. She got stuck deciding if she wanted to pay $20+ for each single picture over the allotted number she liked. With ALC you get it all for one package price and if you want to print through her - great! And if not, you can print whatever you want wherever you want (just make sure you have a copy of that release). Summary: Alex is the best. Pick her. Just do it.

Sent on 06/13/2016

Alexander · Married on 06/09/2015

When we were first looking for a photographer, we knew that price usually is a good indicator of quality. When we chose to go with ALC, we didn't realize just how high of quality we were getting for the price. ALC went above and beyond on any and all things we could have asked for and even on some things we didn't know we wanted or needed. She was fun, enjoyable to be around, creative, and an amazing photographer. When we got the pictures back, we were more than thrilled at the quality. Personal recommendation, schedule an engagement photo session before your wedding with Alex. It lets you all work together and get more comfortable with each other before the big stressful day.

Sent on 12/24/2015

Alex did a beautiful job handling our large wedding party with lots of children. Our pictures were beautiful and we are grateful for Alex's talent and abilities.

Jennifer · Married on 05/24/2015

Alex was great!! She always responded to my emails/questions right away. She asked us to give her an idea of what all pictures we wanted taken and she provided us a timeline for how the day would play out. We wanted two photographers for the day and they worked so well together. They made us laugh and helped ease my nerves before the big moment.

Elizabeth · Married on 05/16/2015

Alex and her partner Courtney were absolutely wonderful. From the moment I started speaking with Alex about what she offered I knew I wanted to work with her. Alex is very genuine and kind she has a great passion for weddings and her work, she and her partner are very professional and made our day great every step of the way, from the big things to the small things they made our day stress free! I cannot say enough about her and her work as well as her flexibility which was a big plus for us, and of course her beautiful work. Thank you ALC for making our day special and memorable.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Stephanie · Married on 04/11/2015

We needed a photographer quick and after searching for awhile we found ALC. They were fantastic! We didn't even have to go through a set of pictures because she had already been taking what we wanted to capture. She was awesome from start to finish. We did pictures while getting dressed, she set everything up, even helped with putting the dress accessories on. Some of my favorite pictures were during the ceremony. We have excellent shots from the beach and the entire wedding captured. Afterwards they took pictures with the groomsmen and bridesmaids. Despite the groomsmen being groomsmen they were able to capture all the fun everyone was having. Definitely would have ALC again!

Kalie · Married on 08/03/2014

Alex was amazing!! My husband and I had a great time working with her and it could not have been any more perfect!!!
    She was professional, fun, down to earth, easy going and on top of everything at the same time.
    I would definitely recommend Alex!

Sent on 11/20/2014

Jessica · Married on 07/25/2014

Alex was so great to work with throughout our whole wedding process. Our very first experience with her was so positive that we knew instantly we wanted her to be our photographer. On very short notice and a last minute trip to the Outer Banks, Alex fit us into her schedule the following day for an initial consultation. She provided us with several photo albums to view her work. Not only were her pictures gorgeous and exactly what we were looking for…but we could tell that she was being herself and not trying to sell us her business. Her personality and photos took care of that! She has a great sense of humor and connected very with with both myself and my husband.

We had so much fun with Alex during our engagement session that I knew the wedding was going to be great! Alex was calm, collected, and made me feel at east amongst the hustle and bustle of the busy wedding day. It truly felt that Alex was a longtime friend along for the ride…taking the most beautiful pictures ever. We are beyond pleased with our wedding photos, and four months later, I am still browsing through my 1000+ wedding photos every few days :) Alex was an absolute pleasure to work with!!!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Kristiana · Married on 06/21/2014

I wish I could give Alex more stars than what I'm able to because she is wonderful. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer!

I met Alex at the OBX Wedding expo and chatted with her among other photographers and she just stood out from the crowd! I looked for someone that I could share my wedding day with instead of a stranger who would be taking photos of one of the most important days of my life! After talking with her, we booked Alex that weekend and never second guessed it.

She is prompt and timely with her communication. Alex also strove to get to know Scott and I before photos: she wanted to know not just what we wanted but she wanted to know about us personally. My husband and I had never done a photo session before and we both lt so comfortable and we had so much fun working with Alex- we felt like we could really be ourselves and enjoy the moment and it was so special to us that Alex could laugh at our jokes and stories with us. Her work is exceptional and she is extremely professional. We took our engagement photos around the outer banks at various locations and the locations were perfect and the photos are beautiful.

At the wedding, she and Courtney were amazing. I have seen previews of my photos since the wedding was so recent, and I can't wait to see more! It's amazing to look at the photos she took and feel the emotion that was captured in that moment. I'm so glad we went with ALC!!

Sent on 07/05/2014

Sarah · Married on 11/16/2013

Alex is amazing!! She was quick to respond, and wanted to make sure that we got EVERYTHING that we wanted!! Another thing I LOVED about Alex, is that she wanted to make the pictures as personal as possible! We met to get to know each other, talked over the phone, and were constantly e-mailing back and forth! She makes a point to keep a personal connection, which my mom and I loved!! Her pictures are phenomenal!! She is always willing to try new things, if you want a different type of picture! She is an amazing photographer, and an amazing person! If you want to have the best wedding ever, make sure you go with ALC photography!!!! Everyone has complimented our pictures, and my entire family enjoyed working with Alex! :) My husband, is not the most photogenic, but she was able to capture real smiles that make our pictures so special and beautiful!! Definitely worth ever dollar you spend!! You will not be disappointed! We LOVE ALC photography and Alex!!!

Sent on 12/30/2013

kristin · Married on 10/10/2013

My Husband and I got were married on 10/10/13. We are from Ohio and planned our wedding in 6 months so I was never able to meet Alex before the day of the wedding. I chose her based off reading reviews and a recommendation from my wedding planner. I am so happy with her services. She was so professional and made us feel very comfortable and relaxed during the photo session. Not to mention the quality of our photos. There is not one bad photo on our wedding CD (679 photos). She is an amazing photographer and is very reasonably priced for the amount of time and effort she puts into her work. I have nothing but praise for her!

Sent on 01/08/2014

Jenna · Married on 09/26/2013

Alex was incredible! We had some high requests in a short period of time and she was able to help us prioritize and stay on task. We just got our photos back and they look really great; it'll be hard to choose which ones to print! Alex is very reasonable in pricing, has a very calm yet vibrant personality and was an absolute pleasure to work with. We'd recommend her to anyone and would love to do baby photos and family portraits in years to come!

Sent on 12/13/2013

Emily · Married on 09/21/2013

I cannot recommend Alex enough if you want a photographer that deliver gorgeous photos under pretty much any condition you throw at her! It POURED rain on our wedding day, and all of our plans had to change at the last minute. Alex was so professional, flexible and kind, and she kept us at ease the whole time. She was so good at taking the right shot while not being in the way that I honestly forgot she was even there during the ceremony and reception! She patiently waited for breaks in the rain to get us the most amazing photos in some of the most challenging conditions, and we could not love our photos more! Everyone who has seen them has been blown away by them, and can't believe they were taken on the same gray and rainy day because the colors are so beautiful. Alex's photography is an incredible value, and she is a wonderful person who helped make the memories of our wedding day very special. I'm so glad we were able to work with her!

Sent on 12/30/2013