84 Reviews for A Bridal World

Mother of Groom (1)
Flower Girls (1)
Bridesmaids (1)
84 A Bridal World Reviews

I went in not knowing one bit of the style dress I wanted. The lady gave me several different styles to try on & then we narrowed it down to the one I absolutely loved. I walked out with my dress & vail that same day. It will need a little bit of altering because I’m so short but the dress fit wonderfully. They were amazing to work with & the price was unbeatable for the dress that I chose! I’d recommend to anyone!

Profile Picture Kelly, 5/25/19, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Trying to find a dress that meets my wild expectations, is within my budget, and within my city - was huge a challenge. I tried the chain stores, avoided boutiques over budget, and considered online purchasing.

On a whim, I popped into A Bridal World, a little shop on the corner of a strip mall. Though it doesn't show up front, they have a wide variety of bridal gowns in the back. After narrowing down what compliments me best, my associate brought out a dress suggestion. You can see where this is going. Fit like a glove and included everything I wanted from lace to a button down back and yes. Yes, it was in my budget.

My consultant pulled something that I hadn't even considered asking about. That characteristic is what puts this bridal store on the next level. Can't thank these ladies enough for their help and suggestions.

Profile Picture Julie , 4/20/19, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Very welcoming and friendly! I didn’t have an appointment but I came in on a Monday right when they opened so it wasn’t busy. I explained what I wanted and Carol Ann brought out 6 gorgeous dresses and I ended up saying yes to the first one! I had a really great experience and would definitely recommend this shop.

Profile Picture Tiffany , 10/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I had a great experience here! Everyone was very helpful and actually listened to what I had to say and were able to suggest dresses based on my comments. Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

This place was amazing with helping me find my dream dress!

Profile Picture Veronique , 8/19/18, 1 Review
4.7

Loved that you got to take the dress with you at the end of the appointment. Loved how personal the appointment was, the staff was very interested in my story, and made me feel like I wasn't just a number.

Profile Picture Maggie, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The ladies were all wonderful and professional. I would recommend A Bridal World for anyone in RDU who's looking to get married this year. Great service and prices!

Profile Picture Melony, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a great experience at A Bridal World. Carol was great to work with! She really listened to me, and after 2 separate visits, found me my dream dress! I highly recommend her! She is so sweet and very professional. She really cares about you as a bride, which is more than I could ask for.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

They clearly listen to your vision while using their expertise to find the perfect dress for you!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/22/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I visited A Bridal World on Saturday to try on wedding gowns for the first time. Kim was very friendly and helpful! She made me feel right at home. Kim tried her very best at matching gowns for me to try on to the ones I showed her on Pinterest. When I disliked a dress, she listened carefully to what I didn't like, and made sure to bring one for me to try on next that did not include the elements I didn't like. I fell in love with the third dress I tried on! This was astonishing to my family who came with me because every one knows how extremely picky I am! Kim did a fantastic job of helping me find my dream dress! I would highly recommend A Bridal World to any bride looking for a dress!

Profile Picture User6901113, Recently Married, 1 Review
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Appts. Only, Bride

I made a last minute (as in the day of) and they were still able to see me! They were amazing, and the first dress I tried was the ONE! Loved it :D

Profile Picture Eva, 4/28/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Veils, Appts. Only, Bride
0.5

My appointment was at 10am, the time the shop opens. As a firm believer in punctuality, I arrived at 9:55am. The doors were still locked, which is fine, but while standing outside, a woman working int he attached consignment shop let us in so we could wait in the AC. The owner of the bridal shop (Carol) was in the back and acted like we broke into the place. She insisted we were 15 minutes early and we corrected her that we were only 5 minutes early. She came to the front several minutes alter to let us into the bridal side and acted like none of that ever happened.

She had me fill out a form with my info, explained their policies, had us all use baby wipes on our hands, and then asked about what I was looking for. I understand the baby wipes and not taking pictures: this is true of many higher end establishments. However, I don't know why she bothered asking me what I was looking for because none of the dresses she brought out were anywhere close. The first thing they did was put me in a black fitting gown to determine my size, but she only brought me dresses that were 4 whole sizes bigger than that! She also made a comment about having 900 dresses in the back, but brought me only 6 ill-fitting, slightly ratty dresses that did not at all fit any description I gave her in the beginning. She also acted unbelievably offended every time I turned down a dress. She was clearly just trying to make the sale. She was rude to me, my mother, my maid of honor, and worst of all :her employees. The stylist assigned to me was clearly afraid of her, not allowed to look at me when helping me into the gowns, and constantly interrupted by the owner.

I also noticed that all designer labels had been removed from the dresses and this place has sewn in their own labels! When we were on our way out, I asked about the designer and details of a couple dresses and the owner would NOT give them to me. I asked repeatedly and she insisted that she had it written down.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Mrs. Carol was very attentive and made sure I got the exact dress I wanted. You can tell that she loves her job, loves helping you find your perfect dress, and has a wealth of knowledge about her industry. She is very true to your preferences and budget. I wasn't expecting to find a dress so quickly, as she was the first store I had been to and I fell in love with only the fourth dress I tried on. My only complaint is that I found my dress so quickly, I didn't get to go shopping more!! I know this is better in the long run, so I am happy with this outcome. I highly recommend A Bridal World!

Profile Picture Sarah, 1/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Could not have asked for a better experience! They listened to me & helped me find my perfect dress.

Profile Picture Molly, 12/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

They treated me like family and were very personable to make sure that I felt beautiful. They worked hard to make sure that I got exactly what I had envisioned in my mind.

Profile Picture User7705451, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I cannot say enough about this place! The first dress I tried on ended up being the one, but I proceeded to try on 5+ more and then leave for another appointment. We came back wanting to buy the dress but they had closed and the owner was locking the door as we pulled up. We BEGGED him and he graciously agreed to let me come in and buy it. His wonderful wife even let me try it on one more time with a beautiful veil for photos. They are the sweetest people and really do everything they can to make sure you have the best experience possible. Also, my original consultant, Brittany, was amazing. She listened to what I really wanted and she knew my body type and what would look the best.

I am so so happy I found this place.

Profile Picture Cara, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Appts. Only, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Plus Size Gowns, Veils, Bride

Staff is very knowledglable I went there and explained what I was looking for and found the perfect dress within my budget and it was the first dress she brought back for me to try on.

Profile Picture Heather, 11/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Brittany was wonderful and helped me find the dress of my dreams!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I have nothing but great things to say about my experience with Carol and Brittany! I showed Carol a dress that I liked and had tried on the week prior and she was pulled a dress that was ten times better than the other and was within my budget! Carol has been doing this for a long time, she's attentive and surpassed my expectations with customer service and advice.

I also REALLY love the fact that I could take the dress home with me right away! While I'd planned other aspects of my wedding I left gown shopping to a tight time frame which had me in a slight panic. I waited until 4 months before my wedding date to start looking at dresses, and I quickly realized that this put me in a bind at other bridal stores to get the dress on time. I'm so thankful that I went to A Bridal World because I was able to have it immediately and in great condition- all of my nerves were calmed and the dress is simply stunning! I highly recommend that you visit them!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Awesome experience, thanks Mrs Carol for making me feel so special.

Profile Picture Heather, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
4.7

I absolutely loved my experience at Bridal World. I was an out of town shopper and I needed to purchase an off the rack dress that was affordable and pretty. Well I found it at Bridal World. Everyone was so helpful and welcoming. I went to other bridal shops after I initially went to Bridal World but I found my way back later in the afternoon because my dream dress was there!!

Profile Picture loreen, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Kim was amazing! I showed her pictures from my Pinterest page and she was able to find some great options based on that. She also helped me step out of my comfort zone and try on some styles I would have never thought to try on! She made me feel comfortable and was wry encouraging and honest about the way each dress looked.

Profile Picture Emily, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I recently found my wedding dress at A Bridal World and I am so excited to wear it on my special day!
I have also had two friends with very different styles purchase theirs from here as well. They have such a variety to choose from, something for everyone.
Kim is amazing!!! She was so patient and kind and very knowledgeable - she helped me narrow down what I was looking for and literally brought this dress right to me! I have not found anything else even silmilar to it when I went in other Bridal stores. I am thrilled that it's unique! I would highly recommend making an appointment with Kim.l for a great experience!

Profile Picture User7303170, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a lovely experience at Bridal World. I just received a handwritten note from Brittany who was great to work with. I went to Bridal World twice, once to try on dress with an appointment and once to buy my dress (also with an appointment). On the first visit, I told Brittany exactly what I was looking for and she pulled me beautiful dresses. Some brides prefer to check out racks and racks of dresses which is possible at other stores, but I enjoyed the experience at Bridal World. I felt less overwhelmed by choices. I had also gone to David's Bridal in Durham and Bridal Mart in Burlington, both experiences were helpful but Bridal World had the most reasonably priced and unique selection. I got a dress I had never seen before on Pinterest or any other website. In fact when I Googled the label of the dress I could not find it anywhere! If you are looking for a small boutique experience with a great selection then you should really check out A Bridal World. You may be a little weary of the no photos policy and having to wipe your hands to try on dresses, but if you buy a dress there it will be the cleanest and most well-cared for garment you have ever purchased. A Bridal World takes care of their inventory and Brittany encouraged me to look the dress over carefully so I felt comfortable with my purchase. I even got to meet the owners, which is a husband and wife who have been married over 50 years. I would highly recommend A Bridal World.

Profile Picture User7763777, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

My first visit was yesterday evening after I got off work at 530. Call to make a last minute appointment, she kindly explained that she closes at 7PM so i may not get my full 90 minute window, i was perfectly fine with that under the circumstances that i have given her. She was very polite and on target with the budget and stile that i provided her with and we where able to find THE dress. I am very satisfied with her and the services she provided. Recommendations to every bride looking for a professional dress shopping experience.

Profile Picture Chyna, 9/9/17, 1 Review