The Makeup + Hair Co

Mamaroneck, NY View map

The Makeup + Hair Co, based in Mamaroneck, New York, is a wedding beauty service. Founder and lead makeup artist Heather Adessa has years of industry experience and counts celebrities among past clients. This business was previously known as Glo Beauty Bar.

Heather and her team at The Makeup + Hair Co share a passion for wedding day beauty. They love helping their clients to look and feel their best before such a special day, offering them a chance to be pampered. Heather starts with a consultation over the phone, where you can discuss your ideas and schedule a trial to see those ideas become reality. THeir hairstyling services include blow drys, clip-in extension application, and keratin treatments. Makeup, meanwhile, can include airbrush foundation and false lash application.

What is the base price for blowouts for brides?

$55

What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides?

$90

What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members?

$120

What is the price of trial service for blowouts for attendants/family members?

$120

What is the base price for updos/styling for brides?

$245

What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides?

$90

What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members?

$125

$90

What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?

$245

What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides?

$90

What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides?

$275

What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides?

$90

What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?

$125

$90

Does makeup price include false lashes?

Which of the following are included in prices?

Consultation

What beauty services do you offer?

Consultations
Hair
Makeup
Mult. Stylists
Salon
Group Discounts
Licensed

What hair services do you offer?

Blowouts
Coloring
Extensions
Haircuts
Keratin
Textured Hair Styling
Updos / Styling

What makeup services do you offer?

Airbrush Makeup
Contour Makeup
Fake Lashes

Julie O. Married on 11/20/2021

Perfect experience!

This company did my daughters wedding makeup in 2014 ( a great experience) and I used them to do my make up for a wedding event recently (I was a guest). Caity was excellent. She came to my house, asked great questions about what I wanted for my makeup, ( I’m 65) made additional recommendations and I couldn’t be happier!

The Makeup + Hair Co's reply:

Thank you so much for this great review! I can’t believe the wedding was seven years ago! Time flies!
    I am so glad you loved Caity and had a great experience yesterday, let us know if you ever need anything in the future!
  • W
    Whitney K. Married on 11/06/2021

Wonderful Experience

Had the most wonderful experience with The Makeup + Hair Co for my wedding in November. Heather was amazing to work with - responsible, flexible, and knowledgeable. My makeup artist Caity was awesome as were both hair artists, Kristina and Claudia. My bridesmaids and I got a ton of compliments all day night. The artists gave me exactly what I wanted and were on time, professional, and super friendly!!

The Makeup + Hair Co's reply:

Thank you so much for this great review! We appreciate you taking the time out to write it - we are so happy that you had an amazing day & experience, and honored to have been part of it. Can’t wait to see photos!
    Denise L. Married on 10/17/2021

Blown Away by Bridal Beauty!

It can be hard to find the right hair and makeup artist for your big day. Thankfully, in the age of Instagram, being able to see the final product makes a big difference. When scouting out different hair and makeup options for my wedding, I came across The Makeup & Hair Co. I chose them because 1) it was important for me to use vendors that were local and familiar with the area I grew up/was getting married (Bronx/Westchester) and 2) I loved the styles and looks on their Instagram! They were very fresh, natural and glamorous and I loved the way they showcased different aspects of the hair and makeup process on their Instagram: from trials to bridal prep to actual wedding photos showcasing the finished look. It really gave me a good idea of what they could do and see if it was a good fit for what I had in mind for my hair and makeup (vs. pre-social media where you’d call someone up and have no idea what their talents were, then have them leave you with 80’s hair and clown makeup!)

Heather Adessa Spadaro is the CEO and primary contact. She’s very responsive via email once you submit an inquiry and touches base with you frequently leading up to your big day. I had originally scheduled a makeup trial in August 2021 - which unfortunately got washed away by Hurricane Henri - and she was in contact with me even before it seemed the weather would b ea problem to let me know that in case I had to cancel, I could let her know via email or text whenever and she’d be ready to reschedule if needed. Unfortunately, since I live in Seattle and was only in town over the summer for some wedding prep, I didn’t get to do a trial but she padded some extra time into my day-of just in case I wasn’t happy with the look or wanted to change things.

My original booking was also for two separate stylists - one for makeup & one for hair - but she was luckily able to book me with Jackie for both services. Jackie arrived promptly on site and she was spectacular. I showed her pictures of the hair and makeup styles I had in mind and I couldn’t have been more blown away by the results - especially again, not having had a trial before and her coming to me sight unseen. We tested a lipstick that I wanted to wear which turned out to be too light and she gave me some great options as an alternative. She also gave great recommendations for placements for hair accessories & a birdcage veil I planned to wear that day - everything was perfect! I looked and felt so beautiful and I couldn’t have been happier with how my makeup and hair turned out!

The Makeup + Hair Co's reply:

Thank you so much for this! We appreciate you taking the time to write this amazing review! Jackie and I are so happy that everything was exactly the way you had hoped it to be, and we were so honored to have been part of your big day!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Pricing

Main Street Mamaroneck, NY, 10805
Location of (The Makeup + Hair Co)

Other vendors in Westchester for your wedding