New York, NY 10292 Map · Phone number
  • Photos
  • Real Weddings 5

About Rent The Runway

The world saw a dress, we saw an opportunity. Rent the Runway is revolutionizing fashion by giving women access to thousands of designer dresses and accessories. But it’s not just about what you wear… it’s about how you feel when you wear it. Welcome to the future of fashion.

Enter to win a grant for your women-owned business. Three winners will receive a $10,000 grant and a spot in our 5-week accelerator.

9 Reviews for Rent The Runway

Meg · Married on 07/14/2018

I was one of the brides effected by the Vow To Be Chic closure in May 2018. Three of my bridesmaids had received their dresses and four did not. We were left scrambling trying to figure out how to best coordinate attire for the remaining girls for my July 2018 wedding. After exploring other bridesmaids dress places (who couldn’t produce new dresses in time for the wedding), resale sites (we couldn’t find all sizes), and custom dresses (too expensive), RTR came to my rescue by offering 50% off their bridesmaid packages to those effected by the closure of Vow To Be Chic. Shanelle at RTR was an absolute pleasure to work with. She explained the entire bridesmaid dress rental process, set up the orders/accounts for two of my four girls, and remained in constant contact since I first connected with her via email. She even emailed me the Thursday before the wedding to tell me she’d be out of the office that weekend and to call the help line if there were any issues! The girls had initially selected the 4-day rental package and she upgraded us to the 8-day at no extra charge on top of the typical inclusion of a first dress in two sizes, an alternate dress, and an accessory. It’s not often that you find an employee of an organization that goes above and beyond their daily duties to deliver for a (very desperate) customer. I am truly grateful for everything Shanelle did to ensure my girls would have dresses and would highly recommend RTR’s Wedding Concierge service to all brides!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Katie · Married on 02/04/2017

The earrings and bracelet I rented from RTR were so gorgeous!! They arrived on time and were a cinch to send back. I could have spent the same amount of money to buy nice costume jewelry that would have worked well, but I knew that I wouldn’t ever wear it again. So, if either way, I’m never going to wear my wedding jewelry again, why not just rent it all and actually get something really nice?

Sent on 03/05/2017

After several painstaking trips to different bridal stores to find bridesmaid dresses I decided to use renttherunway.com for my bridesmaid dresses. The girls had to rent the dresses twice, so they could determine their size prior to the wedding, but even with renting them twice it was still cheaper than buying a dress they would never wear again. Plus the dresses were over $900 at retail so they looked very high quality. Very happy with the decision; plus for each of the bridesmaids who signed up I got a $20 referral fee (which helped pay for my Bridal Shower and Rehearsal dinner dresses!) It takes a good amount of faith in your girls to make sure everything is done timely, just make sure to stay on top of them so you don't have any snafus.

Sent on 02/10/2013