307 West 38th Street 20th Floor, New York, NY 10018 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 83
  • Real Weddings 1
  • Deals 1

About Carol Hannah

Carol Hannah is a luxury wedding gown designer with an intimate bridal boutique located in the heart of New York City.

Our whimsical and modern wedding dresses are handmade to order in-house by a team of talented artisans.

Couture but inclusive and classic but cutting-edge, we specialize in the non-traditional: color, texture and architectural details.

A ONE-ON-ONE GOWN SHOPPING EXPERIENCE

We like to think of our studio as a little hidden gem in the garment district. We only see one bride at a time and a dedicated stylist will be your point person from purchase to pickup. (Is there anything worse than looking at a bride in another fitting room in the same dress you’re trying on? No thank you.)

SHOP WHERE IT’S MADE

Shop every gown in our current and past collections.

Wipe away all those alterations nightmare stories you've heard - we work hand in hand with you to make sure every style line and detail is precisely how you want it.

HEAD TO TOE STYLING

We offer:

-Bridal gowns (starting at about $2500, most fall between $3500 - $6500)

-Mother of the bride gowns ($685-2500)

-Party, shower, and honeymoon Little White Dresses ($395-1495)

-Veils, headpieces, belts, and accessories

We also offer in house alterations and full customization - tweak a current style or start from scratch! Fully custom gowns opening at $7000.

WE BELIEVE IN #MADE IN NY

We make every gown right here, one at a time, by hand. No mass production overseas here! This lets us implement the highest quality techniques – French seams, baby seams, tiny baby hems, building our own corsets, hand draping – while allowing tons of flexibility in sizing and timing. We can adjust our patterns for uncommon body proportions within production and we can do it fast. Need a dress in a week? Done. Need a super specific shade of blush? We can make it. Got big tatas and a tiny waist? High five, we’ve got you covered (literally).

WE BELIEVE IN QUALITY YOU CAN FEEL.

TEXTILES

Carol Hannah always says that she moved to New York for fabric. Our aesthetic starts with the absolute best quality silk textiles you can find, many of which are woven exclusively for us at the most prestigious European mills in the industry. Our embellishments are developed from the fabric itself to create organic texture. We build a 100% silk foundation into the interior all of our gowns­. You may not see it in something like a draped gown because it is within the layers, but you can definitely feel the difference on your body and see the support it provides without being stiff and uncomfortable. Our gowns feel as good and move as well as they look.

FIT

Fit is paramount when it comes to your gown. By incorporating your fittings into your gowns production schedule, we ensure that the completed garment fits you perfectly while maintaining the carefully designed style lines and details that make it so special. We’re with you every single step of the way and the same seamstresses that produce your gown do your alterations. Let us wipe away your alterations nightmares!

TECHNIQUE

There are no shortcuts. There is no machine stamping out a dozen a minute. We do this this same way generations before us did, in the same buildings no less, on the same few blocks in the middle of NYC’s Garment District. And we wouldn’t have it any other way.

WE BELIEVE IN MAKING IT YOUR OWN

We love tweaking our styles to suit our brides. As long as it makes sense aesthetically and is on point with our brand, we’ll do it.

WE BELIEVE IN MAGIC.

We are super passionate about dresses and keep our production more exclusive because we care about every little detail. As an independent design house, we are driven by the artistic side of fashion more than the commercial. Yes, we want to sell our dresses, but we won’t sacrifice true design and innovation just to do that. Our point of view is truly unique and we don’t try to just do our version of what’s already out there. Our customers are looking for something different and we offer that in the best quality possible.

• Designer Loft
  • WONÁ bridal
  • Zsane by the Alexanders
Tempera
belvedere crepe and satin faced organza fit and flare gown by carol hannah 4 51 530364 1572988230
Come shop our dreamy racks!
A little color never hurts!
A little color never hurts!
Finish with accessories!
Finish with accessories!
Gowns, separates, and shorties
Gowns, separates, and shorties
Organic details
Organic details
Welcome to the design studio.
Welcome to the design studio.
Hand draped italian silks
Hand draped italian silks
From doodle to dress
From doodle to dress
Carol Hannah Whitfield
Carol Hannah Whitfield
Independent bridal designer.
Independent bridal designer.
Sewn in house by our own team.
Sewn in house by our own team.
Made in NY!
Made in NY!
Made to order, made to you!
Made to order, made to you!
It all starts with the fabric.
It all starts with the fabric.
Galatea

199 Reviews for Carol Hannah

• Ashley

Ashley Mcphee · Getting married on 07/08/2021

Magical, uplifting, a breeze

After searching high and low for a wedding dress designer that would make a red gown for a plus-size bride at a reasonable price (for me, reasonable meant about $5,000--I know that isn't reasonable for everyone), I found Carol Hannah, and I'm so lucky I did. The sales and production staff made me feel very welcome at every visit--by the end of the process, I felt genuine affection for the whole team. They had sample sizes that fit me (I'm a size 16), so that I could actually try on the real dresses, and they were incredibly patient as I wavered between two very different gowns. When I finally settled on one, they worked with me on a few changes I needed (raising the back and letting one of the pleats out in the front), and they found the perfect shade of red material. The finished gown was so much more beautiful than I even imagined my dress would be. They were even willing to add a modesty panel to the dress at the last minute so I could wear it to my second wedding reception in India. The process was more than smooth from beginning to end, and I highly recommend Carol Hannah. Even if they seem a bit out of your price range, it might be worth it for the peace of mind and uplifting experience.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Julia Ward · Getting married on 11/02/2020

Wonderful place to get that dress!

Carol Hannah was the second place I went dress shopping. I tried on maybe 10 dresses my first visit there, all of which somehow fit exactly what I wanted while being incredibly difficult. I waffled and waffled and came back to re-try dresses and start over. Nhi and the team were incredibly patient and supportive, but were never pushy. I knew that if I were going to spend months coming in for fittings, this is where I wanted to do it, and I was delighted to find a dress that really worked for me. I ended up also getting the bulk of my accessories there as well - a beautiful belt and a hair piece that I truly adored. I highly recommend this experience and the dresses that come as a result!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Rachele · Married on 09/26/2020

The dress of your dreams!

Carol Hannah creates such a special experience for your wedding dress. This is not a wedding dress factory! You are the ONLY person in the showroom for all appointments. The dresses are gorgeous- and you can create your own look with different tops and bottoms. The staff (Angela and Dara helped me) are so kind and not pushy at all. When you purchase your dress at Carol Hannah NYC, you have the option to do alterations there / highly recommend! My dress was made exactly to my body measurements, it was truly custom! I couldn’t believe how perfect it fit. The NYC showroom also has a perfectly curated selection of accessories to finish your look. I wish I had another reason to buy another dress at Carol Hannah!

Sent on 10/15/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Carol Hannah FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?
    $1,000 - $2,499
    $2,500 - $3,999
    $4,000 - $6,499
    $6,500 - $7,999
    $8,000+
  • How do you price dress alterations?
    Flat Fee
  • Who do you provide services for?
    Bride
    Bridesmaids
    Mother of the Bride
    Mother of the Groom
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Alterations
    Appointments Only
    Full Customization
    Sample Sales
    Trunk Shows
  • Which of the following items do you offer?
    Bridal Belts
    Bridal Gowns
    Formal Gowns
    Hair Accessories
    Jewelry
    Plus Size Gowns
    Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?
    Less than 6 months
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns?
    Annually
    Seasonally
  • What is your return policy?
    Final Sales

1 Real Wedding

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Carol Hannah 1
    5% discount for WeddingWire couples

• Millay & Young Photography Wedding Photographers

Carol Hannah's creations are ethereal, imaginative and nothing short of poetic. She is a wonderful person to work, down to earth and incredibly creative --- highly highly recommended!

• 307 West 38th Street 20th Floor New York, NY, 10018 See on map
    10:00-6:00 (closed Sundays June-Aug)
    Location of (Carol Hannah)