307 West 38th Street 20th Floor, New York, NY 10018 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 33
  • Real Weddings 1
  • Deals 1

About Carol Hannah

Carol Hannah is a luxury wedding gown designer with an intimate bridal boutique located in the heart of New York City.

Our whimsical and modern wedding dresses are handmade to order in-house by a team of talented artisans. Couture but inclusive and classic but cutting-edge, we specialize in the non-traditional: color, texture and architectural details. Can’t find what you’re looking for? We also offer custom consultations, where you can work directly with Carol Hannah to design a fully unique wedding, mother of the bride/groom or evening gown.

A ONE-ON-ONE GOWN SHOPPING EXPERIENCE

We like to think of our studio as a little hidden gem in the garment district. Our cozy, relaxed space perched above the city is set up to be a low stress environment where you have full run of the show. We only see one bride at a time and a dedicated stylist will be your point person from purchase to pickup. (Is there anything worse than looking at a bride in another fitting room in the same dress you’re trying on? No thank you.) Customizations are easy since production of your gown occurs on-site!

No rush, lots of fuss - we’ll obsess over all those little details with you and provide technical knowledge and fashion savvy guidance along the way. We’re here to listen and support, offering our expertise and honest opinions when asked. Never pushy, we believe it’s an honor to be entrusted with your business and consider ourselves to be in the service of our visiting brides, whether they purchase or not.

While our pieces are an investment, we strive to create an environment free of any kind pretentiousness.

SHOP WHERE IT’S MADE

Brides who visit our studio have the advantage of shopping every gown in our current and past collections, seeing where and how they are made, and making nearly any customization they want. You can tweak a current style or start from scratch with a custom designed gown!

Our brides are also able to take advantage of buying where our gowns are made by coming in for fittings during the production process: rather than starting the alterations process after the gown is complete, we fit the base of your gown before we begin draping or adding embellishment. Instead of altering a standard sized gown to fit you, we simply build the gown around your body! This results in a better fit in the end and less alterations stress on the garment overall. Wipe away all those alterations nightmare stories your friends have told you - we work hand in hand with you to make sure every style line and detail is precisely how you want it.

HEAD TO TOE STYLING

We offer:

-Bridal gowns (starting at about $2500, most fall between $3500 - $6500)

-Mother of the bride gowns ($685-2500)

-Party, shower, and honeymoon Little White Dresses ($395-1495)

-Veils, headpieces, belts, and accessories

We also offer in house alterations and full customization - tweak a current style or start from scratch! Fully custom gowns opening at $7000.

WE BELIEVE IN #MADE IN NY

We make every gown right here, one at a time, by hand. No mass production overseas here! This lets us implement the highest quality techniques – French seams, baby seams, tiny baby hems, building our own corsets, hand draping – while allowing tons of flexibility in sizing and timing. We can adjust our patterns for uncommon body proportions within production and we can do it fast. Need a dress in a week? Done. Need a super specific shade of blush? We can make it. Got big tatas and a tiny waist? High five, we’ve got you covered (literally).

WE BELIEVE IN QUALITY YOU CAN FEEL.

TEXTILES

Carol Hannah always says that she moved to New York for fabric. Our aesthetic starts with the absolute best quality silk textiles you can find, many of which are woven exclusively for us at the most prestigious European mills in the industry. Our embellishments are developed from the fabric itself to create organic texture. We build a 100% silk foundation into the interior all of our gowns­. You may not see it in something like a draped gown because it is within the layers, but you can definitely feel the difference on your body and see the support it provides without being stiff and uncomfortable. Our gowns feel as good and move as well as they look.

FIT

Fit is paramount when it comes to your gown. By incorporating your fittings into your gowns production schedule, we ensure that the completed garment fits you perfectly while maintaining the carefully designed style lines and details that make it so special. We’re with you every single step of the way and the same seamstresses that produce your gown do your alterations. Let us wipe away your alterations nightmares!

TECHNIQUE

There are no shortcuts. There is no machine stamping out a dozen a minute. We do this this same way generations before us did, in the same buildings no less, on the same few blocks in the middle of NYC’s Garment District. And we wouldn’t have it any other way.

WE BELIEVE IN MAKING IT YOUR OWN

We love tweaking our styles to suit our brides. As long as it makes sense aesthetically and is on point with our brand, we’ll do it.

WE BELIEVE IN MAGIC.

We are super passionate about dresses and keep our production more exclusive because we care about every little detail. As an independent design house, we are driven by the artistic side of fashion more than the commercial. Yes, we want to sell our dresses, but we won’t sacrifice true design and innovation just to do that. Our point of view is truly unique and we don’t try to just do our version of what’s already out there. Our customers are looking for something different and we offer that in the best quality possible.

tempera front 51 530364 1560288133

Carol Hannah 5
Carol Hannah 6
Carol Hannah 7

Julia Ward · Getting married on 11/02/2020

Wonderful place to get that dress!

Carol Hannah was the second place I went dress shopping. I tried on maybe 10 dresses my first visit there, all of which somehow fit exactly what I wanted while being incredibly difficult. I waffled and waffled and came back to re-try dresses and start over. Nhi and the team were incredibly patient and supportive, but were never pushy. I knew that if I were going to spend months coming in for fittings, this is where I wanted to do it, and I was delighted to find a dress that really worked for me. I ended up also getting the bulk of my accessories there as well - a beautiful belt and a hair piece that I truly adored. I highly recommend this experience and the dresses that come as a result!

Sent on 05/02/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/07/2019

The ABSOLUTE BEST start to finish experience!!!

I arrived to Carol Hannah as my 21st dress shop! I had an idea about what I wanted but could not find it anywhere! I was able to explain exactly the top and bottom of the dress I wanted and then exactly the front and the back and Dara at Carol Hannah helped to make my vision a reality! It was amazing! She ended up combining two different dress design patterns into one and making tons of personal modifications to make it absolutely perfect! I would recommend Carol Hannah to everyone and especially those who are very detail oriented and appreciate the fact that the dress is made in the very store you shop in! Communication is excellent and the product is absolutely stunning. You also are kept in the loop and able to communicate every step of the way! During one of my fittings the actual dress maker came out to take a look at something to get it just right!

THANK YOU SO MUCH Carol Hannah Team!! From start to finish you made a process I was seriously struggling with stress free and special! My dress was perfect and I am so thankful and so appreciative of all the careful attention and time that you spent on the process! From the very beginning explaining my vision down to the quarter inch alterations and the special hair ribbon you were so thoughtful and purposeful with every move to make sure my dress came out perfect! I LOVE it! and I had so much fun during the dress alterations and fittings spending time with you and the team! Having the perfect dress added so much comfort and happiness and excitement to our special day!!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Kim Corbett · Married on 07/20/2019

Gorgeous Dress!

I loved my dress from Carol Hannah so much! They were there every step of the way and made the entire process feel so easy and fun. From the first fitting to the time of booking they weren't pushy or made me feel like I HAD to order from them- which ultimately is probably why I did order from them! All the sales associates were so kind and great at what they do. If I could do it again, I'd buy another Carol Hannah Dress.

Sent on 08/27/2019
    Carol Hannah 8
    Carol Hannah 9
    Carol Hannah 10

Carol Hannah FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns? $1,000 - $2,499, $2,500 - $3,999, $4,000 - $6,499, $6,500 - $7,999, $8,000+
  • How do you price dress alterations? Flat Fee
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Alterations, Appointments Only, Full Customization, Sample Sales, Trunk Shows
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown? Less than 6 months

-5%
    5% discount for WeddingWire couples

• Millay & Young Photography
    Millay & Young Photography Wedding Photographers

Carol Hannah's creations are ethereal, imaginative and nothing short of poetic. She is a wonderful person to work, down to earth and incredibly creative --- highly highly recommended!

• 307 West 38th Street 20th Floor New York, NY, 10018 See on map
    10:00-6:00 (closed Sundays June-Aug)