Carol Hannah

New York, NY View map

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Carol Hannah is a luxury wedding gown designer with an intimate bridal boutique located in the heart of New York City.

Our whimsical and modern wedding dresses are handmade to order in-house by a team of talented artisans.

Couture but inclusive and classic but cutting-edge, we specialize in the non-traditional: color, texture and architectural details.

SHOP WHERE IT’S MADE

Shop every gown in our current and past collections.

Wipe away all those alterations nightmare stories you've heard - we work hand in hand with you to make sure every style line and detail is precisely how you want it.

HEAD TO TOE STYLING

We offer:

-Bridal gowns start at about $2000, most fall between $3500 - $6500

-Mother of the bride gowns ($685-2500)

-Party, shower, and honeymoon Little White Dresses ($395-1495)

-Veils, headpieces, belts, and accessories

We also offer in house alterations and full customization - tweak a current style or start from scratch! Fully custom gowns opening at $7000.

WE BELIEVE IN #MADE IN NY

We make every gown right here, one at a time, by hand. No mass production overseas here! This lets us implement the highest quality techniques – French seams, baby seams, tiny baby hems, building our own corsets, hand draping – while allowing tons of flexibility in sizing and timing. We can adjust our patterns for uncommon body proportions within production and we can do it fast. Need a dress in a week? Done. Need a super specific shade of blush? We can make it. Got big tatas and a tiny waist? High five, we’ve got you covered (literally).

WE BELIEVE IN QUALITY YOU CAN FEEL.

TEXTILES

Carol Hannah always says that she moved to New York for fabric. Our aesthetic starts with the absolute best quality silk textiles you can find, many of which are woven exclusively for us at the most prestigious European mills in the industry. Our embellishments are developed from the fabric itself to create organic texture. We build a 100% silk foundation into the interior all of our gowns­. You may not see it in something like a draped gown because it is within the layers, but you can definitely feel the difference on your body and see the support it provides without being stiff and uncomfortable. Our gowns feel as good and move as well as they look.

FIT

Fit is paramount when it comes to your gown. By incorporating your fittings into your gowns production schedule, we ensure that the completed garment fits you perfectly while maintaining the carefully designed style lines and details that make it so special. We’re with you every single step of the way and the same seamstresses that produce your gown do your alterations. Let us wipe away your alterations nightmares!

TECHNIQUE

There are no shortcuts. There is no machine stamping out a dozen a minute. We do this this same way generations before us did, in the same buildings no less, on the same few blocks in the middle of NYC’s Garment District. And we wouldn’t have it any other way.

WE BELIEVE IN MAKING IT YOUR OWN

We love tweaking our styles to suit our brides. As long as it makes sense aesthetically and is on point with our brand, we’ll do it.

WE BELIEVE IN MAGIC.

We are super passionate about dresses and keep our production more exclusive because we care about every little detail. As an independent design house, we are driven by the artistic side of fashion more than the commercial. Yes, we want to sell our dresses, but we won’t sacrifice true design and innovation just to do that. Our point of view is truly unique and we don’t try to just do our version of what’s already out there. Our customers are looking for something different and we offer that in the best quality possible.

• Woman-owned

What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?

$1,000 - $2,499
$2,500 - $3,999
$4,000 - $6,499
$6,500 - $7,999
$8,000+

How do you price dress alterations?

Flat Fee

Who do you provide services for?

Bride
Bridesmaids
Mother of the Bride
Mother of the Groom

Which of the following services do you provide?

Alterations
Appointments Only
Full Customization
Sample Sales
Trunk Shows

Which of the following items do you offer?

Bridal Belts
Bridal Gowns
Formal Gowns
Hair Accessories
Jewelry
Plus Size Gowns
Veils

What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?

Less than 6 months

How often do you receive new bridal gowns?

Annually
Seasonally

What is your return policy?

Final Sales

• Kaylin
    Kaylin B. Getting married on 08/06/2022

Amazing dresses & experience

Melissa from Carol Hannah was amazing. When I arrived, she was so friendly, down to earth and welcoming, and I instantly felt comfortable. I really appreciated her humor and candidness, and knowledge of the industry. Melissa listened to my needs/wants and had some great suggestions for dresses that would work for my aesthetic and body type. The dresses themselves are beautifully made and very high quality. They are also made locally in NYC, in the Garment District, which is a plus. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Carol Hannah and would highly recommend including them in your search for the perfect dress.
  • Lauren
    Lauren W. Married on 10/29/2021

Felt like a movie star

Maquette was a showstopper. Literal perfection on my big day. I did the virtual try on options with CH and it was a great experience! Everyone I worked with was so kind and responsive. I decided to do a 'custom' train-and the option to do this was Dara, my stylists', idea! I had loved Belvedere's train but Maquettes body & flare, and so we made the angualr train happen. It was the dress of my dreams!!! I brought it for alterations and the seamstress who has years of couture experience in Paris & Germany said it was one of the top three dresses she has had in her shop and that it was true couture and beautifully built. Coming from her, that was the biggest compliment! Highly suggest working with Carol Hannah. I loved that the dress was made in NYC & how unique and creative her styles are!
  • Jillian
    Jillian Married on 09/12/2021

Excellent Experience

I so enjoyed my experience with Carol Hannah. I work as a videographer in the wedding industry and having a skirt that was high quality and photographed/ videod well was a high priority. I was very satisfied with the excellent quality of the Stratosphere skirt and how it photographed!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

77 photos · 01/01/2022
  • Kinra & Matt
    22 photos · 03/17/2017

Millay & Young Photography Millay & Young Photography Wedding Photographers

Carol Hannah's creations are ethereal, imaginative and nothing short of poetic. She is a wonderful person to work, down to earth and incredibly creative --- highly highly recommended!

307 West 38th Street 20th Floor New York, NY, 10018

10:00-6:00 (closed Sundays June-Aug)
Location of (Carol Hannah)

Other vendors in New York City for your wedding