Carol Hannah Reviews

200 Reviews for Carol Hannah

• Ashley

Ashley Mcphee · Getting married on 07/08/2021

Magical, uplifting, a breeze

After searching high and low for a wedding dress designer that would make a red gown for a plus-size bride at a reasonable price (for me, reasonable meant about $5,000--I know that isn't reasonable for everyone), I found Carol Hannah, and I'm so lucky I did. The sales and production staff made me feel very welcome at every visit--by the end of the process, I felt genuine affection for the whole team. They had sample sizes that fit me (I'm a size 16), so that I could actually try on the real dresses, and they were incredibly patient as I wavered between two very different gowns. When I finally settled on one, they worked with me on a few changes I needed (raising the back and letting one of the pleats out in the front), and they found the perfect shade of red material. The finished gown was so much more beautiful than I even imagined my dress would be. They were even willing to add a modesty panel to the dress at the last minute so I could wear it to my second wedding reception in India. The process was more than smooth from beginning to end, and I highly recommend Carol Hannah. Even if they seem a bit out of your price range, it might be worth it for the peace of mind and uplifting experience.

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • O

Lisa · Getting married on 06/05/2021

amazing experience

I loved visiting the Carol Hannah showroom! I scheduled an appt online with gowns that I was interested in and a budget. I was warmly greeted and walked through the process by Dara, who was so friendly and considerate. We narrowed down the styles I liked best and tried on a good number of items. Different bodices and different skirts to get a good idea, and a few tricks to try to imagine the different types of alterations that could be made. I really liked that they can build the gown for you, to fit, with room for flexibility- couture. After 90 mins I was very happy with what I had tried on and had a better sense of what I was comfortable in and what I was looking for. Dara understood what I was looking for, knew the collection very well, and offered great suggestions. I wasn't entirely sold then and there since it's kind of a big decision! She emailed to follow up and also emailed when they had a sample that I might be interested in, as well as new gowns from CH's new line that I might be interested in. She booked me for an appt the next day, for 1 hr, where I tried on the sample and re-tried a few others. I ended up buying the sample, it was a great deal in perfect condition. I would recommend visiting the NYC showroom to anyone looking, and would love to return in the future!

Sent on 11/01/2020

Julia Ward · Married on 11/02/2020

Wonderful place to get that dress!

Carol Hannah was the second place I went dress shopping. I tried on maybe 10 dresses my first visit there, all of which somehow fit exactly what I wanted while being incredibly difficult. I waffled and waffled and came back to re-try dresses and start over. Nhi and the team were incredibly patient and supportive, but were never pushy. I knew that if I were going to spend months coming in for fittings, this is where I wanted to do it, and I was delighted to find a dress that really worked for me. I ended up also getting the bulk of my accessories there as well - a beautiful belt and a hair piece that I truly adored. I highly recommend this experience and the dresses that come as a result!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Rachele · Married on 09/26/2020

The dress of your dreams!

Carol Hannah creates such a special experience for your wedding dress. This is not a wedding dress factory! You are the ONLY person in the showroom for all appointments. The dresses are gorgeous- and you can create your own look with different tops and bottoms. The staff (Angela and Dara helped me) are so kind and not pushy at all. When you purchase your dress at Carol Hannah NYC, you have the option to do alterations there / highly recommend! My dress was made exactly to my body measurements, it was truly custom! I couldn’t believe how perfect it fit. The NYC showroom also has a perfectly curated selection of accessories to finish your look. I wish I had another reason to buy another dress at Carol Hannah!

Sent on 10/15/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah Zerod · Married on 09/09/2020

Incredible Team with Gorgeous Styles

I could not have chosen a better place to buy my wedding dress. Every step of the way they were communicative, beyond helpful, and so pleasant.

I went into the studio twice before finally committing to a dress. They let me take my time, switch back and forth between gowns, and were just so attentive to what I was saying and how I was feeling in the dresses. Nhi was my consultant and she was so stellar. Especially as it started to become more and more apparent in the first appointment that my group was leaning towards one dress and I was heading towards another. She let me dither back and forth and was so great when I came back in a second time to compare with my maid of honor.

As soon as I said yes and decided, they gave me everything I needed for the rest of the process. I had a timeline of when to come back for alterations, what to bring to each one and what to expect at various points in the process.

They were also really flexible with the alterations. I picked the Citrine gown, which has this fabulous sash of different fabric in the front that I was able to change the color of. We also played around with different looks for the neckline at one of my first alterations when I was trying to figure out if I wanted to switch it up to more of a sweetheart neckline. They were patient and so nice about it.

I cannot recommend these dresses and these people enough. My husband crochets and decided he wanted to make our cake toppers. I emailed Nhi on a whim to see if they would save a small bit of the colored sash material during alterations so my mini me cake topper's dress would match mine and she was so sweet and enthusiastic about it! It turned out perfectly.

Do yourself a favor and visit this studio. You will not regret it!

Sent on 02/13/2020

Theresa Vergara · Married on 11/10/2019

One of the best experiences for my wedding

I went to so many places looking for the perfect wedding dress and I couldn't find a thing. Finally, I came across Carol Hannah and from the very beginning they were great! They were super responsive to the type of dress I wanted and willing to customize aspects of the dress. I bought my outfit for the night before and my mom and sister even bought their MOB and MOH dresses from them as well! All the staff is so nice and easy to work with- making the entire process so intimate and personal. Everyone on my wedding day thought the dress was so unique and stunning and wanted to know where I got it! When I have another big event coming up I plan on getting my dress from them. If you want an amazing, stress free, and personal experience getting your wedding dress Carol Hannah is definitely the designer and team you want helping you!

Sent on 12/05/2019

Matthew · Married on 10/12/2019

One of a Kind Wedding Dress!

The designers and sales coordinators at Carol Hannah, especially Angela and Dara, helped me pick up and design the most incredibly beautiful and unique wedding dress I could have ever imagined! The CH team made the experience truly personalized to me and really listened to what I wanted - which was so different than my experience at other bridal stores. They put time and attention into every gown and every bride. I cannot recommend enough!

Sent on 12/04/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah Walters · Married on 10/05/2019

Simply the best!

I had been to a number of bridal shops before stumbling upon Carol Hannah and wasn't finding what I was looking for. I knew I wasn't a "traditional" bride and was looking for color, but elegant while still feeling like a bride. Carol Hannah delivered on everything I was looking for! The experience was top notch from the very beginning and my dress suited the venue perfectly! I could not have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 12/02/2019

Kirsten · Married on 10/05/2019

Beautiful gowns and an even better experience

While marrying my husband was technically the best part of my wedding, getting my dress through Carol Hannah was an EXTREMELY close second (maybe even a tie TBH ;). Not only are Carol Hannah's dresses stunning, the whole process of buying through her flagship was a literal dream.

The staff, Nhi, Dara, and Angela, are the most adorable, honest, and chill people you'll have the pleasure of working with. They'll make you feel beautiful, special, and at ease throughout the whole thing! Having a dress built on my body to my exact specifications was a couture experience I'll likely never have again, and being able to make tweaks throughout each fitting was comforting and made the dress even more unique.

When it came time to actually wear my beautiful satin-faced organza Aquarelle, she was the most comfortable, well-constructed, gorgeous piece of clothing I've ever experienced. So comfortable, in fact, that I did not take her off until well after the after party (tried to sleep in her, husband got sassy, had to take it off hah).

The designs Carol Hannah creates are beautiful, and the team she has compiled are equally as wonderful. If you're able to buy through the flagship, you'll be in for an even more special experience (they'll even invite you back after your wedding for cute little events :). I truly cannot recommend Carol Hannah enough to any future bride and I will remember & cherish this experience forever.

Sent on 12/04/2019

Keely · Married on 09/20/2019

The best experience

I didn't search long before I visited Carol Hannah, but as soon as I tried on Lutosa, I knew she was the one! I absolutely loved my experience with the team at CH -- every fitting was easy and efficient, the whole process was stress free. Would recommend over and over again!

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah Cametti · Married on 09/14/2019

The most memorable wedding dress

I saw the Anthorium skirt long before I was ever thinking about getting married and knew I had to have it. I was unsure if I was going to be able to make the dress work within my budget, but spending a little extra on a Carol Hannah dress was the best decision I ever could have made.

It was very easy to schedule a fitting at the NYC show room and the stylists were extremely accommodating. They listened to all of my concerns when helping me to select a top for the skirt and ended up creating a custom dress that turned out beautifully. Since the dress was so customized, the only alteration required was the hem. My tailor couldn't stop commenting on the quality of the fabric and the impeccable fit.

I still have guests contacting me to let me know that my dress was by far the most memorable dress they've ever seen.

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Alyce

Alyce Foster · Married on 09/11/2019

A truly wonderful experience

The ladies at Carol Hannah could not have been more welcoming and kind to me and my family. I genuinely think I decided on a CH dress because the experience I had there was so positive compared to the other stores I visited. Dara especially was a pleasure and always responded to my questions, concerns and doubts with patience and warmth. Even at the 11th hour, she was open to helping me fix something I was unsure of to make sure it was perfect. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 02/05/2020
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/07/2019

The ABSOLUTE BEST start to finish experience!!!

I arrived to Carol Hannah as my 21st dress shop! I had an idea about what I wanted but could not find it anywhere! I was able to explain exactly the top and bottom of the dress I wanted and then exactly the front and the back and Dara at Carol Hannah helped to make my vision a reality! It was amazing! She ended up combining two different dress design patterns into one and making tons of personal modifications to make it absolutely perfect! I would recommend Carol Hannah to everyone and especially those who are very detail oriented and appreciate the fact that the dress is made in the very store you shop in! Communication is excellent and the product is absolutely stunning. You also are kept in the loop and able to communicate every step of the way! During one of my fittings the actual dress maker came out to take a look at something to get it just right!

THANK YOU SO MUCH Carol Hannah Team!! From start to finish you made a process I was seriously struggling with stress free and special! My dress was perfect and I am so thankful and so appreciative of all the careful attention and time that you spent on the process! From the very beginning explaining my vision down to the quarter inch alterations and the special hair ribbon you were so thoughtful and purposeful with every move to make sure my dress came out perfect! I LOVE it! and I had so much fun during the dress alterations and fittings spending time with you and the team! Having the perfect dress added so much comfort and happiness and excitement to our special day!!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Jennifer Scully · Married on 09/07/2019

Stunning work and very accommodating

I had a fabulous experience with the Carol Hannah team. I traveled from Chicago to their New York showroom and they were very accommodating and flexible in scheduling appointments. They also had a great calming presence and very knowledgable on their craft - I had a few alterations and they seamlessly integrated them into the design. And best of all, their dresses are simply stunning. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/26/2019
  • Erica

Erica Reed · Married on 08/24/2019

The Magic of Carol Hannah Bridal

As a bride, I enjoyed private fittings in the charming NY showroom surrounded by the most beautiful gowns, fabrics, trims and accessories. The team always extended their warm and undivided attention during fittings and phone calls, to ensure my entire experience and every detail of my gown would come to life in the most beautiful way. I made the cross country journey to NY for fittings. The time and resources spent was beyond worth it. The entire design team is right on site in the showroom, always sweet and ready to dive in during fittings. I've never had a gown fit so perfectly which provided ease, comfort and confidence on my wedding day. Coming from a design background, I'm thrilled to share that the Carol Hannah Bridal work is beyond! Each detail, pleat, tuck and stitch of my gown was placed with intention, creating the most beautiful work of art. Thank you Nhi and the entire Carol Hannah Team for making my experience as a bride truly magical!

Sent on 01/06/2020
  • Kim

Kim Corbett · Married on 07/20/2019

Gorgeous Dress!

I loved my dress from Carol Hannah so much! They were there every step of the way and made the entire process feel so easy and fun. From the first fitting to the time of booking they weren't pushy or made me feel like I HAD to order from them- which ultimately is probably why I did order from them! All the sales associates were so kind and great at what they do. If I could do it again, I'd buy another Carol Hannah Dress.

Sent on 08/27/2019

Rachel Cohen · Married on 07/07/2019

Highly Recommend!

Working with Carol Hannah was, for me, the highlight of planning my wedding. They were willing to work with me to find a dress that made me feel the most comfortable on my wedding day. They were always flexible, suggesting I try not only different dresses and two-pieces, but allowing me to pair different dress bodices with skirts. They helped me see a vision for my dress that I didn't even know I was looking for! I loved working with them throughout the whole process.

Sent on 10/27/2019

Holly M · Married on 07/05/2019

Perfection

My process with the C.H. team made me feel at ease and truly taken care of. Their professionalism and honest nature was such a relief in the midst of the insanity of the wedding world. Their unique, beautiful styles and range of prices (I was looking at the "little white dress" collection for price and a more casual approach) is really incredible. 100% would recommend!!!

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Shona

Shona Callahan · Married on 06/29/2019

The most amazing experience

The overall experience with the Carol Hannah team from the very first try on appointment to the final fitting was beyond anything I have ever experienced. The team was so personable and sweet, no pressure to buy or make a decision on the first try on. They offered my bridesmaids and me champaign during the first try on - it made it fun and special. Once I selected the dress and had my first measurements done things went swimmingly even though by the first fitting I had lost 20lbs.. they made the alterations and the dress was SO perfect. I felt amazing. Even Carol Hannah herself was at my final fitting - it was the cherry on top meeting the designer of your wedding dress. Everyone loved my dress at the wedding - it was original and a show stopper. My photographer said he sees hundreds of dresses and THIS one was very special. I loved it so much I cam back to get it shortened to be able to wear again to another special occasion. I can't wait to see "her" in a shorter length. You will love your dress from Carol Hannah!

Sent on 08/30/2019

Della · Married on 06/28/2019

Dream come true!

Prepare to fall in love with Carol Hannah! From the gorgeous, airy studio to the super attentive and dedicated team, every appointment at Carol Hannah is a delightful experience. Dara, Nhi, and Angela were incredible, they provided such an encouraging and open environment. The entire process, from dress selection to alterations to pick-up, was effortless and a lot fun. The dress came out even better than I could have imagined. I can’t recommend Carol Hannah enough.

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • Sojie

Sojie · Married on 06/28/2019

My dream come true

I have been following Carol Hannah on Instagram (which I highly recommend) for a while, and fell in love with her artistic vision. I knew I wanted something daring and unique, but still clearly bridal. I couldn't imagine getting my dress anywhere else.

I planned a trip to NYC with my cousins and my best friend and we went to three boutiques including Carol Hannah flagship. At comparable prices, our experience at Carol Hannah v. the other boutiques were like night and day! The flagship store is a truly unique experience and I recommend it to any bride.

When we arrived at the store, we were greeted by two warm smiling faces and offered a drink. My friends got settled and the consultant took me aside, to a wall of gowns, and asked me privately about my budget (not everybody does this). I was worried because my budget was on the lower end of the Carol Hannah spectrum (according to the website they run from $3500 to $11000). We then went down the line of gowns and Nhi pulled out a dress and asked me what I thought. I would say yes or no and by the end we had eight whole gowns plus a collections of separates! I couldn't believe it! In a shop with just one designer, I had almost three times as many options as at any other place.
    Not only that, but I ADORED every single gown I tried on. I narrowed it down to two gowns, Oceane and Anthorium.

I came back the next week (up from D.C., mind you) and we narrowed it down to Anthorium. I decided to order the whole dress to be shipped to me and have it altered in D.C., but HOT TIP: I spent almost the same amount on alterations as it costs to get the dress custom built on to your body--so if you are able, I highly recommend having that service done in house.
    All of my cousins agreed, they were the most beautiful dresses any of us had seen. ALSO, all natural fibers (real 100% silk, linen, etc) which is RARE, especially for the price. Carol Hannah gowns are now going to be a family tradition.
    My dress was the first decision I made in the wedding planning process, and it's still the best one.
    Go to Carol Hannah. I had the best wedding dress of all time!

Sent on 08/28/2019

Abby Grace Brown · Married on 06/22/2019

Stunning Dress

Carol Hannah has stunning, unique dresses. The customer experience at the flagship store in New York was fantastic!!

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • Allison

Allison Deibert · Married on 06/21/2019

Incredible Experience

I’ve loved Carol Hannah since her Project Runway days so when I got engaged, I knew I had to wear one of her gowns. I worked with 2 main consultants who were both so wonderful. We started with the styles I thought I would like and moved to what was most important about the gown (for me, comfort and ability to dance a lot). They were honest with their opinions on the dresses I tried on and gave great suggestions on what else I could try. They also were great during the fittings, giving me great advice to go a little looser around the hips so it’d be easier to dance in. The appointments themselves were super easy to set up online and to change if you needed to. Overall, I absolutely loved my experience. Everyone there makes you feel special and beautiful and it truly is fun!

Sent on 08/15/2019
  • Joanna

Joanna · Married on 06/08/2019

Gorgeous gowns and amazing service!! My dream dress!

I am a proud Carol Hannah bride and I was in love with every step of the bridal gown journey with Carol Hannah Bridal, from first appointment to last fitting!

I had visited many bridal salons and boutiques prior to my first appointment at Carol Hannah (I was the kind of bride who ended up trying on over 100 dresses throughout my search...I didn't know what I was looking for -- nothing wrong with that!). My first appointment was so ideal; Nhi greeted me warmly and was so friendly and inviting. The space is lovely and all appointments are private (just you and no other brides at the same time). I tried on gowns that I had seen online, as well as separates. When I tried on the Senara gown, everything changed. She was the one! (Note: I made 2 additional trips back to Carol Hannah to finalize my choice before officially saying yes to the dress; thank you Nhi for being so patient and supportive!!)

What is extra special about buying your gown from
    Carol Hannah is the custom fit alterations: your gown is literally MADE FOR YOU. After taking my measurements, each fitting I attended was to further tailor the fit and the components of the dress. For example, I wanted to take the back down a little, wanted the "petal" part of the bust to lay a certain way, and wanted part of the draping altered a bit -- all were easily discussed and accommodated! Shoutout to DARA who is amazing at what she does and was so wonderful at every fitting. Cannot thank her enough for her beautiful work and fun, easy going personality. Fittings were truly so fun and special.

I also bought my veil at Carol Hannah, as well as a pocket square for my groom that was made of the same silk organza as my gown :)

Thank you to the Carol Hannah team for creating such beautiful gowns, bridal experiences, and memories!! My gown was a dream!!

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie Busby · Married on 06/01/2019

Absolutely loved my experience with Carol Hannah!

Everyone at Carol Hannah was great to work with. They helped me figure out how to custom design a dress by putting the top of one and the bottom of another together to best fit my body type, style preferences and the venue. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/16/2019